AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 06:14   Link #2361
Higurashi fan

But that's only 20 pages long..
Higurashi fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 04:41   Link #2362
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

On a related subject... Amazon now has a listing in November 2014 for "Higurashi When They Cry: Dice-Killing Arc" from Yen Press.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 13:46   Link #2363
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well translators dropped translating chapters that yen press was releasing. Though they did try to finish some, I thought it was pointless personally when there are chapters that would never be translated out there. Plus I rather see support to Yen press so more volumes will be bought and more chapters released.

You do not have to be in USA to buy English books. They are available to buy from online sources, if you do not have credit card you can buy a gift credit card to pay for it, that available usually everywhere.
If we knew you country maybe we can figure it out through whatever circumstances.

I live in Canada, yen press books are available here. When I want to buy Higurashi books raws, I use amazon japan.
Old 2014-05-08, 13:53   Link #2364
Higurashi fan

I live in Hungary.
Old 2014-05-08, 14:41   Link #2365
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Amazon does ship to Hungary. You can get your books that way. You can find a gift credit card and make sure you put enough on it for shipping and the activation fee. Gift credit cards are very useful if you are at a young age and need currency for online. There also paypal to also look into, which you can set up using your bank account they ship a notice to you to make sure your address is correct then put in a password and then can use it online. Recently banks here in Canada are offering virtual visa debit cards, where you can use debit card for online purchases.

I only know one person from Hungary and I do not see her much or I would asked her what available in Hungary in terms to gift cards or where to go ;/
But gift credit card and using amazon would be a good way to get some English manga for yourself.

I do not want to damage my yen press books scanning them and I do not have a handheld scanner. Plus I have my stance of supporting yen press. Only books I damage are my japanses Raws for the greater good. They available on my tumblr~ I only put a few up once in awhile and they are usually doshin or comics.

Only higurashi I translated is the 2nd higurashi movie, and I was working with others to do that. My translating abilities are not very good, they are more for bridging the gap between English and a Japanese person murdering english. ^_^ Though I have gotten better and had released translated version of cockroach girls second episode, but that is using verbal deciphering rather then reading Kanji. I will be working next year translating Higurashi comics to English after finishing my other higurashi overdue projects.
Old 2014-05-08, 22:14   Link #2366
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gaffney View Post
On a related subject... Amazon now has a listing in November 2014 for "Higurashi When They Cry: Dice-Killing Arc" from Yen Press.
I'm psyched about this. I hope the side-stories/anthologies keep coming and coming.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 07:23   Link #2367
Higurashi fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Amazon does ship to Hungary. You can get your books that way. You can find a gift credit card and make sure you put enough on it for shipping and the activation fee. Gift credit cards are very useful if you are at a young age and need currency for online. There also paypal to also look into, which you can set up using your bank account they ship a notice to you to make sure your address is correct then put in a password and then can use it online. Recently banks here in Canada are offering virtual visa debit cards, where you can use debit card for online purchases.

I only know one person from Hungary and I do not see her much or I would asked her what available in Hungary in terms to gift cards or where to go ;/
But gift credit card and using amazon would be a good way to get some English manga for yourself.

I do not want to damage my yen press books scanning them and I do not have a handheld scanner. Plus I have my stance of supporting yen press. Only books I damage are my japanses Raws for the greater good. They available on my tumblr~ I only put a few up once in awhile and they are usually doshin or comics.

Only higurashi I translated is the 2nd higurashi movie, and I was working with others to do that. My translating abilities are not very good, they are more for bridging the gap between English and a Japanese person murdering english. ^_^ Though I have gotten better and had released translated version of cockroach girls second episode, but that is using verbal deciphering rather then reading Kanji. I will be working next year translating Higurashi comics to English after finishing my other higurashi overdue projects.
Okay, thanks for the info I will ask my parents, but I don't think they will let me buy manga online, even with this gift credit card..:/
Old 2014-10-11, 13:55   Link #2368
TheGuraGuraMan

Spoiler for NSFW:

Randomly found this pic on the net, does anyone know where it comes from ? Don't think it's an hentai, google link it to Utsutsukowashi-hen, tough the story doesn't really seems to be linked (as it's about Shion and not Natsumi/Akira), what do you think ?
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 14:04   Link #2369
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

This is my speciality, I am huge Natsumi Kimiyoshi fan.

Its one of those extras tacks on a takabon set whatever. Its part of ~After. Its joke pages of the after story of Onisarashi-hen.

It is located there in the natsumi collection >_>
Spoiler for ~after:

Last edited by Daisu; 2014-10-11 at 14:14.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 14:05   Link #2370
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Its one of those extras tacks on a takabon set whatever.
... Sorry, what ?
Old 2014-10-11, 14:31   Link #2371
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Sorry forgot the exact word for it but special Onisarashi-hen box set that includes the extra called ~After. There also a drama cd that came out a little after, it had a webpage but few fanfare then forgotten T^T.

Spoiler for translated NSFW pic:
Old 2014-10-11, 14:39   Link #2372
TheGuraGuraMan

Oh, indeed, researched this pic and found an epilogue chapter. What the hell, that wasn't in the manga release.

edit : okay, just began and that's already hilarious.
Spoiler for big page:

edit2 : wait, I know that in the second ds arc Chisato rveal that she liked Akira, so that was a refused scene in the manga ? Interesting.
Spoiler for big page:
Old 2014-10-11, 14:47   Link #2373
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well japan supports Natsumi a lot more, she is almost non-existant overseas. There also colour pages released in Chinese translation of the manga. ^_^
Last Natsumi thing I bought was part of my daybreak megaedition. Lovely drama cd where she with the other Hinamizawa kids. I have not kept up with her since then though due to priorities.

There are special epilogues for a lot of the higurashi chapters that were released in comic-form only as well.
Old 2014-10-11, 14:53   Link #2374
TheGuraGuraMan

Natsumi looks way more... "open-minded" and crude in this chapter, so I can guess that's how she is in Kizuna too ?

Spoiler for Big page:

I'm more interested in her now, too bad there is almost nothing about her available in english.
Old 2014-10-11, 14:58   Link #2375
TheGuraGuraMan

There is even a full epilogue related to the story ? Why didn't we get that in the physical manga ?

Spoiler for big page:

THE FEELS
Old 2014-10-11, 15:04   Link #2376
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I am afraid Yen press didn't do their homework. Since most of the english public do not even know Natsumi there was no one to champion the cause. Her story would be a good anime, but we would get the Midnight chapter before we would get anything Natsumi.
Natsumi also has a good voice actor too ;/
Old 2014-10-16, 08:41   Link #2377
frbernkastel
Lost in time...

By the way, anybody needs the first chapter of Kokoroiyashi-hen on russian?
frbernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:59   Link #2378
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbernkastel View Post
By the way, anybody needs the first chapter of Kokoroiyashi-hen on russian?
On or IN Russian?

Spoiler for Russia No Naku Koro Ni Hetalia:
Old 2014-10-16, 09:06   Link #2379
xPearse

I noticed that on a Russian read online site a few weeks back when I did a search for it, wouldn't be too hard for someone to Google translate it to English.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:08   Link #2380
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

My thoughts exactly. With my limited kanji, I have something to fall back on for translation.