AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-06, 21:59   Link #41
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 04 - Cure Mint of Tranquility!

This Pretty Cure certainly moves the story on a very fast pace. New characters are introduced each week.

In addition, Pretty Cure Five added a new device twist that was not present in other sentai magic-girl shows like Sailor Moon or the previous Pretty Cure series.

That is just as it features a monster-of-the-week also adds a bad-guy-of-the-week as well.
The Nightmare characters are getting laid-off and rotated as soon as they fail against Pretty Cure at the end of each episode.

Let me put this way. The Nightmare villains operate as a corporate enterprise, and their hierarchy goes as follows:
-Girinma, Gamao, & Arachnea (episode 4's bad girl of the week) are employees or executives struggling to climb upwards in the management chain.
-Bubbi (their boss) must be a executive manager, and likely a mid-boss.
-Despariah then must be the CEO, who stands at the top of the company.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 21:45   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 05 - The Qualifications for Pretty Cure

I am unfortunate to say that the initial warming up I had for the transformations in Pretty Cure 5 is quickly waning on me. This is because all of the girls assembled so far transform separately and is the same footage, though slightly edited with a few cuts.

I also have to digress at how all the Kowainaa are getting thrashed. In fact, Cure Dream is the one who ends up turning them to dust while the other Pretty Cure shower the Kowainaa on the justification to weaken them.
I comment the series has not Pretty Cure Hope on the title, but Yes! Pretty Cure 5 to emphasize and focus on the lives of five girls who share dreams and want to make something wonderful for their dreams while they fend off the Nightmares as the Pretty Cure team. Therefore, the focus and spotlight should be made to all the Pretty Cure members and not just to Nozomi/Cure Dream.

Anyways, this was a good episode that prevented from falling to generic, magic-girl storytelling for a critica plot twist.
Spoiler:

Each of the Nightmares' executives and employees in their transformed stated draw the motif about a living being which is closely associated with fears, disgust, or superstition mainly from girls.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-14, 00:51   Link #43
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
I still prefer Nagisa and Honoka but I love Karen so I will watch this too.

Not to mention that I can watch it in HD.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:06   Link #44
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Urara's quite similiar to Onpu, so I'm going to be keeping up with this awesome series.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 03:58   Link #45
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart View Post
Urara's quite similiar to Onpu, so I'm going to be keeping up with this awesome series.
I don't know about that, really... Sure they're both child stars, but Onpu was (especially in the beginning), much more self confident.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 04:01   Link #46
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I also have to digress at how all the Kowainaa are getting thrashed. In fact, Cure Dream is the one who ends up turning them to dust while the other Pretty Cure shower the Kowainaa on the justification to weaken them.
Spoiler for eps. 5-6:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 04:31   Link #47
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Episode 7 just aired, and, if there was ever an example of a male Tsundere, it's the new mascot, Nuts.

Although, annoyingly enough, there are a ton of VERY obvious signs that say "Natts".

Even though it's OBVIOUSLY suppose to be spelled "Nuts" (since Coco+Nuts = coconuts, in case you are totally oblivious).

Strangely enough, I get the sense that the biggest fan pairing from this series won't be yuri, but will be yaoi . Pretty smart considering that the majority of the audience is female.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-18, 15:28   Link #48
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
One nice thing about episode 07 is they had a team transformation scene. Which if used often enough will keep the transformation scene from taking up too much episode time. Of course I'm sure there will be times you'll still see individual ones. Like say if the only one there is Rin and Karen for example. In which case it would be silly to show all five transforming at once.

As for the fan pairing. Heh I'm not going to make any predictions myself, but yeah it's a given that there will definitely be a yaoi fan pairing. Of course in my case since I'm a guy I'll pay more attention to the Yuri fan pairing. Still if Dream has Rouge and Aqua has Mint. There needs to be someone for poor Lemonade.
Old 2007-03-18, 19:29   Link #49
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
One nice thing about episode 07 is they had a team transformation scene. Which if used often enough will keep the transformation scene from taking up too much episode time. Of course I'm sure there will be times you'll still see individual ones. Like say if the only one there is Rin and Karen for example. In which case it would be silly to show all five transforming at once.

As for the fan pairing. Heh I'm not going to make any predictions myself, but yeah it's a given that there will definitely be a yaoi fan pairing. Of course in my case since I'm a guy I'll pay more attention to the Yuri fan pairing. Still if Dream has Rouge and Aqua has Mint. There needs to be someone for poor Lemonade.
I've decided that Lemonade will end up betraying everyone. Ala Sailor Moon Live Action. Mainly because she doesn't get a pairing .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-19, 00:16   Link #50
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I hope not... Urara's my favorite character, and having her betray everyone in a series as innocent as Pretty Cure would be quite disheartening.

Old 2007-03-19, 00:34   Link #51
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
I hope not... Urara's my favorite character, and having her betray everyone in a series as innocent as Pretty Cure would be quite disheartening.
Scene from episode 32:

Urara: After all... I have to be true to myself!
Nozomi: But... why?!
Urara: I'm a child star idol, right? I've been a pawn of large corporations from the very start! You just don't understand...
Nozomi: I refuse to accept this! Urara, please...
Urara: But... But...
(pause)
Urara: I'm still under contract!
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-19, 01:40   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 06 - Pretty Cure 5! All Assembled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Spoiler for eps. 5-6:
Now that's more like I was talking about! Teamwork fighting!

I do really praise this Pretty Cure series for its immersive and poignant soundtrack, and I got the feeling they would be exploring and developing individually the lives of each of the five main-cast.

Karen has become my favorite characters. Even if she keeps some of her sorrows within, she warms up for everyone and can be quite cute as elegant.

Comparing her childhood with Honoka's, at least Honokas' parents visit her once a year at her birthdays.

And seriously how come villains on a magic-girl show can get as more stupid?
Spoiler:

BTW, if you never noticed, the Nightmares used the same mask to make the Kowainaa, until it shattered.
Old 2007-03-19, 11:02   Link #53
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

At first, I didn't think I'd like Karen, but after actually watching her episodes, I think she's awesome (and her younger self was so adorable). Karen, Rin, and Urara are my favorites of the group.

Does anyone think there needs to be a Super Sentai-type team up movie or something? I think it would be pretty darn epic if it were to come out sometime near the end of Yes 5 lol.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 11:20   Link #54
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Does anyone think there needs to be a Super Sentai-type team up movie or something? I think it would be pretty darn epic if it were to come out sometime near the end of Yes 5 lol.
A team up would be rather nice to see. Especially if they make sure to include the special versions of Cure Windy and Cure Bright from Splash Star. Just imagine that many Pretty Cure holding hands.
Old 2007-03-22, 16:59   Link #55
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I was throughtly addicted to the originial Pretty Cure-Max was ok-haven't seen much of Splash Star-but this is pretty good-it kinda capures the flavor of the originial series. So far I haven't been dissappointed (at ep.6).
Old 2007-03-22, 22:34   Link #56
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I wish someone would pick up Splash Star. It's actually really good. I have all of the episodes that have Michiru and Kaoru in them (at least I think I do, based on the Wikipedia article), and those alone make Splash Star great.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:25   Link #57
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
I wish someone would pick up Splash Star. It's actually really good. I have all of the episodes that have Michiru and Kaoru in them (at least I think I do, based on the Wikipedia article), and those alone make Splash Star great.
I will sub splash star under a few conditions:

1. I've already finished Max Heart and Sugar Sugar Rune.

2. I've settled into a new apartment in Japan with a stable internet connection.

and most importantly

3. I still do not have a steady girlfriend.

So everyone pray for my loneliness.

Until then you'll have to make due with me only subbing YPC5 and Max Heart.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-23, 01:08   Link #58
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Well at least you're really dedicated... we at Doremi still haven't gotten the first season of Doremi done, and you're already on the 4th season of Pretty Cure, Quarkboy.

Looking forward to episode 7 and the tanned guy.

Old 2007-03-23, 01:12   Link #59
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Well at least you're really dedicated... we at Doremi still haven't gotten the first season of Doremi done, and you're already on the 4th season of Pretty Cure, Quarkboy.

Looking forward to episode 7 and the tanned guy.
Now that's just exaggerating. I've finished 52+31+7=90 episodes of pretty cure which is 90/50 = 1.8 seasons.

And how many episodes of Sgt. Frog did you get done?...

Comparing Arienai's output to Doremi's is unfair .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2007-03-23, 02:16   Link #60
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
I have all of the episodes that have Michiru and Kaoru in them (at least I think I do, based on the Wikipedia article), and those alone make Splash Star great.
I definitely have those episodes myself since I was collecting the series raw. Either way yes Michiru and Kaoru definitely help improve the series. Still I do wonder what Saki and Mai's movie outfits will be like. Yes there is a Splash Star movie and yes it's obvious that they'll get special outfits. If they don't I'll be surprised.

Tags
magical girl, school life