Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-09-14, 21:10   Link #741
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
Spoiler:
It never occurred to me that the Kaioshins share the same type of ki as Bills and Whis since I don't ever recall anyone claiming that the Kaioshin's ki was above being sensed by any of the z senshi. Or at the very least, it's been so long that I've forgotten. Either way, I never felt like the series made out the Kaioshins ki to be anything special since there were so many characters who eventually became even more powerful than them.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:14   Link #742
GDB

The Kaioshins were definitely weak, but I also cannot think of any time when ki would've come up with them. Goku instant transmissioning to North Kai's planet could theoretically be explained by targeting Bubbles or Gregory (who, by note, wasn't in the movie).

The closest I can think of is Supreme Kai and Piccolo. Piccolo could sense what/who he was, but it was never explained how. Other than that, yeah they never really mentioned the Kai's ki.

However, it was stated in Daizenshuu that King Kai's power level was below Nappa's, so...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 21:50   Link #743
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It never occurred to me that the Kaioshins share the same type of ki as Bills and Whis since I don't ever recall anyone claiming that the Kaioshin's ki was above being sensed by any of the z senshi. Or at the very least, it's been so long that I've forgotten. Either way, I never felt like the series made out the Kaioshins ki to be anything special since there were so many characters who eventually became even more powerful than them.
During the Budokai no one could sense their power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The Kaioshins were definitely weak, but I also cannot think of any time when ki would've come up with them. Goku instant transmissioning to North Kai's planet could theoretically be explained by targeting Bubbles or Gregory (who, by note, wasn't in the movie).

The closest I can think of is Supreme Kai and Piccolo. Piccolo could sense what/who he was, but it was never explained how. Other than that, yeah they never really mentioned the Kai's ki.

However, it was stated in Daizenshuu that King Kai's power level was below Nappa's, so...
Kaioshin said that Piccolo could remotely perceive who he was because of his former status as Earth's god.

The Kaioshins and the Kaios are a different breed. The former would be much closer to what Beers and Whis are.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 02:07   Link #744
1alex

Quote:

Exactly what i was thinking. +1
Old 2013-09-15, 02:54   Link #745
tetsuo69

just watched the movie and I just gotta say it was really fun a nice to watch. I hope a new dbz series is in the making.
Old 2013-09-15, 13:40   Link #746
christinemarie
Crazy One

I loved the movie where Goku concedes and even Vegeta surpasses SS3 Goku for a few minutes. There would be more to the Gods story and can't wait for the next movie.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 21:33   Link #747
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Spoiler for Impressions:

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2013-09-16 at 01:13.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 02:05   Link #748
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw the movie.

Spoiler for Stuff that interest me:

Also just make a movie of this, I'll die a happy man.

http://cdn.kanzentai.com/wp-content/...ugust_2012.png

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-09-16 at 02:16.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 05:55   Link #749
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
One thing that interested me is that Bulma said Saiyans don't age?
It was established in the post-Buu mini-arc in the manga that Saiyans stay in their prime longer than humans so they don't seem to age, but they still do. It's the evolution of a warrior, stay in your prime longer and you can fight longer.
Old 2013-09-16, 08:39   Link #750
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Vegeta's character was nicely handled here. In the classic series he was a man child who would do anything to reach his goal, was incredibly obsessed with surpassing Goku and was distant even from his family. Now, here he is a laughing stock and helps others. It really feels like a classic Dragon Ball chapter and I like it.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:53   Link #751
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Sorta enjoyed the whole "Vegeta, Earths fate is in your hands" moment with King Kai and Vegeta, it made Vegeta look like such an important character there What followed was...well, at least he got a few hits in, that's something
Old 2013-09-16, 11:27   Link #752
Destined_Fate

Actually that could eventually be a movie as Akira said that if Battle of Gods did well enough than other planned Movies, following this one, would actually happen. So it makes sense that he left Battle of Gods on a cliffhanger with a sequel hook.

-

Another note to remember is that Battle of Gods establishes that there are 12 Universes.

We know of these thus far.

?? Universe - ??
?? Universe - ??
?? Universe - ??
?? Universe - Future Trunks
?? Universe - Alternate Future Trunks(Where he killed the Androids with remote but was killed by Cell who jacked his ride to travel to Universe 7 for the Cell Saga)
?? Universe - Alternate Future Trunks(Defeats Androids with remote and Baby Cell(When he was in the tube still) and than destroys his Time Machine)
7th Universe - DBZ Manga/Anime Mainline Universe + Bardock Movies, Broly(First Movie), Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, Bojack Movie, Tarble Movie, and Battle of Gods Movie - Mainline Universe aka the Canon Verse that the Manga/Anime is. Future Trunks Universes tied to this one because of Time Travel.
?? Universe - Movie Verse...s. Could fill multiple Universes actually. They're non-canon to the 7th Universe just like DBO and GT are non-canon to the 7th Universe. Though maybe Brolly is canon to the 7th Universe... Maybe?
?? Universe - Dragon Ball Online aka DBO
?? Universe - GT
?? Universe - ??
?? Universe - ??

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-09-16 at 20:36.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:18   Link #753
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and not ONE of you informed me of its release ><
Old 2013-09-16, 19:30   Link #754
Destined_Fate

I don't believe we know if we're even going to get this. If we do it'll be direct to DVD/Blu-Ray I believe so keep an eye out for that announcement.

Anyway the 12 Universes thing bring up possibilities of having Movies squarely based in another Universe without having to use the 7th Universe, or the Future Trunks Universe, cast.
Old 2013-09-16, 19:55   Link #755
G147

Actually the ones you mentioned are timelines of the same universe not different universes.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 20:00   Link #756
GDB

No, they're different universes. If they were truly timelines, then Trunks wouldn't have had a future to go back to. Since he did, it's an alternate reality rather than going back in time.
Old 2013-09-16, 20:18   Link #757
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
No, they're different universes. If they were truly timelines, then Trunks wouldn't have had a future to go back to. Since he did, it's an alternate reality rather than going back in time.
Semantically and scientifically, I would agree, but I doubt they will be considered that way for these movies - kind of a waste of different universes since there are only a dozen to start with and also Bills's statement about there being stronger people out there in other universes implies to me that each universe is probably inhabited by different people/species/races (unlike the scientific conception of the multiverse which would indeed be more like the Trunks' timelines, where minor differences each count for a new universe).

I think the idea of different universes isn't introduced to create alternate realities (as in a new Goku in each reality), but rather it is introduced: A. because they've already reached the pinnacle of strength/challenges in this universe - they've just finished naming the "strongest in the universe" as Whis, Bills, then Goku/Vegeta; and B. so it is easier to create new uber-powerful, random characters no one would have heard of before... they're in a whole different universe!

Of course, I could be way off, but that's what makes the most sense to me for now.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 20:23   Link #758
Destined_Fate

No one says that Earth has to house all the strongest characters in every Universe. Future Trunks is nowhere near the strongest when he was with 7th Universe in Cell Saga so I wouldn't be surprised if an unknown Alien is the strongest in his Universe.

It would at least give Future Trunks a reason to meet up with the 7th Universe again for their help if a stronger Alien arrives to Earth and he cannot defeat it on his own. This would be good for profits as Future Trunks is still a very popular character. So popular that he's more of a main character in DBO than Goku himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Actually the ones you mentioned are timelines of the same universe not different universes.
Time Travel works, at least in DBZ, differently. By going into the past he ended up creating a new Universe as the events of his Universe, no matter what he did in te past, didn't change yet the future in that new Timeline changed dramatically because of his appearance.

Also note that after Future Trunks returns he inadvertently created an Alternate Version of his timeline where Cell finds and kills him than travels to the past for the Androids because this Trunks had destroyed the Androids with the Remote and wanted to share it with Goku and friends by going to the past again.

So it's like this.

Future Trunks travels back into the past -> 7th Universe Created
Future Trunks Returns -> Two Future Trunks Timelines exist now because of his actions -> One has Cell kill Trunks and go to the past because this Trunks destroyed the Androids with the Remote, another is the Future Trunks that returns for the Cell Saga
Old 2013-09-16, 20:51   Link #759
sayde

I think that the entire concept of the 12 universes was made to provide space and opportunity for anything that was deemed non-canon to become officially canon one day. For instance, we know movies featuring Brolly tend to be really difficult if not impossible to place within the canon timeline. So perhaps Brolly exists in only one of these universes and could come to play a canon part in the plot. Same goes for future trunks and characters from GT. They literally came up with a near perfect excuse to turn non-canon events and characters into canon material as the need arises while still leaving plenty of room to introduce new characters and threats in the process.

That's my take on it anyways.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 21:06   Link #760
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
No one says that Earth has to house all the strongest characters in every Universe. Future Trunks is nowhere near the strongest when he was with 7th Universe in Cell Saga so I wouldn't be surprised if an unknown Alien is the strongest in his Universe.
If the only thing that caused his universe to be any different from the main timeline was his act of time travel, why would there be a new alien out there that didn't exist for the main line? Everything should be the same except for events directly altered by the act of time travel itself.

I really hope this isn't a way to make non-canon things pseudo-canon. That would be incredibly stupid imo.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote