AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-03-10, 09:27   Link #1
hiiragi

(10053) Software caused connection abort

Hi, my OS is XP and I have this error msg '(10053) Software caused connection abort' quite frequently using irc. I am using 54Scripts 2001 but i don't think the irc client matters since I know there are many ppl out there with this same problem (could be a bug in XP or mirc). I have a cable connection and i know I don't have any firewalls enabled. I have read posts from countless irc forum but no one really has any real solution to the problems; alot of ppl seems to have this problem as well. Can any one help me here?
hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-10, 10:49   Link #2
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

This happens when your client decides the connection was "dropped" (more technical: if the client doesn't get ACKs for data sent anymore).

There are a lot of reasons for this, the most common is that your old connection got cut:
  • maximum connection time reached, forced disconnect by your ISP: nothing you can do
  • some error occured: if the error is on your side: try to fix it
  • idle timeout: don't idle ... just create any traffic every 5-10 minutes

If you use a router there is another reason which is similar to the idle timeout. I don't want to go into too much technical detail, but you can solve this by not idling, too. In that case you need to generate real IRC traffic every now and then though, instead of just "any traffic" like before. If your script supports a way to regularly ping the servers, use that
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 01:25   Link #3
hiiragi

thanks i will give it a try
hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 00:01   Link #4
hak
bakatade

Send a message via AIM to hak
u can create a script to make sure ur "anti-idle", if u use mirc u can probably dl one off a script site.
hak is offline   Reply With Quote