AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 15:12   Link #1
NeoSam

Kure-nai (OVA)

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Kure-nai by Katayama Kentarou (author) and Yamamoto Yamato (illustrator) will be getting an OVA adaptation.

The OVA will be released on July 2nd, 2010 with volume 5 of the shounen manga adaptation.

Kure-nai

少年向けライトノベル
Shounen light novel

Official anime site:
http://www.samidareso.com/

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
There are 4 volumes released of this light novel.
Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Katayama Kentarou
Illustrator: Yamamoto Yamato

Super Dash Bunko's site for this light novel seires:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-kurenai/

An official Kure-nai fanbook was released on 23/5/2008:

Spoiler:

A shounen manga adaptation of shounen light novel series started in the first issue of the shounen manga magazine Jump Square.
Currently there are 4 volumes released of the manga adaptation.

Covers:

Spoiler:

There's a page for the Kure-nai manga on Jump Square's site:
http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/content...nai/index.html

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Drama, Romance
Old 2010-02-03, 19:47   Link #2
kyouray
2D > 3D

Yay.
A page for the OVA has opened on Jump Square's site : http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/contents/kurenai-dvd/
So Kirishima Kirihiko appears.
Old 2010-02-04, 01:30   Link #3
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Seems like we won't be getting the same character designs as in the anime, which is a big crying shame (there goes one vital point for this OVA then). Though I'm still curious who's helming the project.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 02:14   Link #4
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fevvers View Post
Seems like we won't be getting the same character designs as in the anime, which is a big crying shame (there goes one vital point for this OVA then). Though I'm still curious who's helming the project.
I've personally always preferred the manga/light novel designs, and if you like the anime version than I really think the designs is the least of your worries. I doubt this has anything to do with the anime version.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 03:49   Link #5
Kunagisa

Quote:
... Kure-nai never had an anime.

"That" is not Kure-nai. To this day, I still can't believe Brains Base did something that atrocious.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 05:45   Link #6
Ansalem
Speaker

From the OVA site, looks like Brains Base will be making this as well. Also, it says the story will be a mix of a manga story and an original short story.
Old 2010-02-05, 04:23   Link #7
iceyfw

i always preferred the manga and light novels character designs over the anime. and kirishima kirihiko is going to be animated! if it is brains base, are they getting their heads screwed properly this time? maybe so.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 06:27   Link #8
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post

"That" is not Kure-nai. To this day, I still can't believe Brains Base did something that atrocious.
^
This

The so called Kure-Nai anime before is better off be called as KureWA-NaNi??? The OVA is how the real Kure-Nai should look like seriously.Geez with that so-called realistic style design from the previous Kure-Nai,turning my Murasaki into something so horrible,i didn't even want to admit that the design was "cute"...
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 15:50   Link #9
Ghostfriendly

Come on, all these people laying into the anime; the designs are just as pretty as the manga, the story's more coherant and grounded closer to reality, as well as being very dramatic. I like the manga story, its certainly less restrained and wackier, but I could just invest more emotion in the anime.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 16:32   Link #10
Lummie

Quote:
I actually disliked those old designs a lot...

Quote:

Quoted For the Truth!
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 17:31   Link #11
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Come on, all these people laying into the anime; the designs are just as pretty as the manga, the story's more coherant and grounded closer to reality, as well as being very dramatic. I like the manga story, its certainly less restrained and wackier, but I could just invest more emotion in the anime.
I liked everyone (except the villains of course)'s personalities in the novel, I can't say the same for the anime.

I also personally think BB screwed up Yamato Yamamoto's character designs in its anime form; he drew both 9s and Kure-nai/Denpateki na Kanojo's insert arts, which I enjoyed both immensely (still don't know why they decided to switch artist for 9s ). You can even say I'm a die-hard fan of his artwork. This is the reason why I'm particularly picky on the anime version. The moment I saw the OP I already question if I'm watching the right show.

I have never read a single post over in the Kure-nai anime topic, so I have no idea if the consensus is different over there. If similar thoughts have already been expressed over at that topic, I will apologize for bringing that argument over here.

I'm still just kinda stoked to see Yamamoto's characters properly animated for the 1st time (or 2nd if Denpateki na Kanojo was adapted nicely, which I still have yet to watch).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 17:38   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I'm still just kinda stoked to see Yamamoto's characters properly animated for the 1st time (or 2nd if Denpateki na Kanojo was adapted nicely, which I still have yet to watch).
I have no idea how Denpateki compares to the novels but I thought it was much better than Kure-nai.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 18:16   Link #13
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Pretty close to my opinion on the matter as well. I pretty much rate the anime I watch on a basis of how much I get into the show while its airing, and I got into Kurenai more than any other anime that aired in 2008.

That said, I'll probably enjoy this if it's stylistically similar to to the Denpa Teki na Kanojo OVAs as well since I liked both of those (although I liked the first better than the second.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 11:18   Link #14
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I loved the anime. It had depth and emotion. You never would have known there was anime original material in it because it was so good. I also think the character designs are better, especially Yuuno.

As for the OVA, I guess it'll be about Kirishima??
Old 2010-02-15, 17:52   Link #15
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The Kurenai manga is one of the few examples where the anime trumps it in terms of plot and execution.

Really, the manga is way too disconnected in its plot to tell a decent story. The anime (other than the abrupt ending) was one heck of an enjoyable ride.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 20:17   Link #16
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
wow cant wait for this OVA recently watched the series and i loved it. but i wasnt that much of a fan of the manga though it didnt really grab me like other mangas usually do.
Old 2010-02-19, 20:28   Link #17
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Haha, looking forward to this OVA because the TV series was full of comedy and a [hint] of romance. Crossing Days~

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 05:37   Link #18
Yurielvtars
:::

Kurenai OVA trailer

Since nobody posted it yet, there is a trailer to the OVA.

You can check it out at the OVA website or on YouTube.
Strange thing that the main Kurenai site seems to be abandoned.

The character designs were somewhat changed. Personally I liked the series design, but oh well... It's not so bad. Thankfully the vibrant colours are back what made the series so eye-appealing.
Old 2010-04-30, 10:11   Link #19
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That looks pretty good. Since it's going to be more promotional, I'm not expecting much in regards plot progression. But let's hope this can give way to a sequel series.
Old 2010-04-30, 11:07   Link #20
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
how in the hell did i miss this. I must be getting old i am definitely watching this i loved the series.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen