AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 06:26   Link #8101
I am Gundam 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
the reason they call him "Jesus Yamato" is because he survived 3 what should have been death situations. so like he came back from the dead hence "Jesus", also his no killing thing he does helps the Jesus point. A lot of people call BS on how he can shoot all those beams and no one dies/gets hurt. People also hate how everything in the story kind of falls in Kira's lap, after Freedom blows up theres a Strike Freedom just waiting, stuff like that.

I'm okay with kira, don't like Lacus for many reasons but Kira is okay in my book. and let Kira still be your Favorite Character who cares what other people think i mean I like Hathaway, Katejina and the Innovators (revive especially) in 00, they're not popular characters but i like them none the less.
Why hate Lacus I think she's alright
I am Gundam 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 10:34   Link #8102
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Gundam 10 View Post
The general consensus about Kira and Lacus is that they were Luke and Laura (or the Edward and Bella, depending on your POV) of the CE timeline and were extremely over with Japanese viewers, as indicated by the then-current popularity polls on Newtype and Gundam Ace.

If Fukuda's 2003 interview is to be believed, he says that only he and Morosawa knows and understands Lacus's character. Out of the major characters in both shows, Lacus is the only one that doesn't have much of a backstory.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:07   Link #8103
I am Gundam 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
The general consensus about Kira and Lacus is that they were Luke and Laura (or the Edward and Bella, depending on your POV) of the CE timeline and were extremely over with Japanese viewers, as indicated by the then-current popularity polls on Newtype and Gundam Ace.

If Fukuda's 2003 interview is to be believed, he says that only he and Morosawa knows and understands Lacus's character. Out of the major characters in both shows, Lacus is the only one that doesn't have much of a backstory.
That's good an all but let me ask you a question
Do you hate Kira Yamato and Lacus? I just can't hate a character unless they act like a fag
Old 2013-07-09, 11:28   Link #8104
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
The general consensus about Kira and Lacus is that they were Luke and Laura
The general consensus?? This is your opinion.

I understand that you enjoy making comparisons between different characters and their relationships.. I understand that this is your 'thing', I have never seen you post anything other then making (IMO, strange) comparisons.. And that all fine, It's you opinion after all, but don't try to pass it off as if it's a generally accepted fact.. It's misleading.

Quote:
Do you hate Kira Yamato and Lacus? I just can't hate a character unless they act like a fag
..... I'm done.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:56   Link #8105
Destined_Fate

I hate all that wasted potential that was squandered away because of the mishandling of Kira and Lacus which came at the cost of hurting Shinn, Athrun, and Cagalli's characters a great deal. Especially poor Cagalli who was made to look like a bumbling fool in Destiny that failed at anything she did without Kira helping her while Lacus never failed in Destiny and everything ALWAYS went her way no matter what. It was annoying in SEED, in Destiny it was show ruining.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 12:19   Link #8106
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Gundam 10 View Post
not a big fan of pop idol warlords sorry

Quote:

I've never heard the lacus and kira were luke and laura . I've heard that Fukuda and Morosawa were the only ones who understood lacus, which always bugged me, why not explain her so we know who she "really" is. Still wonder on how kira and lacus are on the top of the popularity polls, i just can't see how they have stayed popular over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I hate all that wasted potential that was squandered away because of the mishandling of Kira and Lacus which came at the cost of hurting Shinn, Athrun, and Cagalli's characters a great deal. Especially poor Cagalli who was made to look like a bumbling fool in Destiny that failed at anything she did without Kira helping her while Lacus never failed in Destiny and everything ALWAYS went her way no matter what. It was annoying in SEED, in Destiny it was show ruining.
careful dude thats a good way for monster to come get you didn't you read the last page on cagalli "wasn't ruined"

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-07-09 at 13:40.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 14:12   Link #8107
I am Gundam 10

Pretty obvious Cagalli in Seed Destiny was not like her in Seed because she was waaaay too weak willed to do anything right except at the late stages of Seed Destiny.
Old 2013-07-09, 14:14   Link #8108
I am Gundam 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
The general consensus?? This is your opinion.

I understand that you enjoy making comparisons between different characters and their relationships.. I understand that this is your 'thing', I have never seen you post anything other then making (IMO, strange) comparisons.. And that all fine, It's you opinion after all, but don't try to pass it off as if it's a generally accepted fact.. It's misleading.

..... I'm done.
lol did I said something wrong?
Old 2013-07-09, 14:22   Link #8109
Aquaman OS

Someone said that the main problem Cagalli had is that she has Orb up on a pedestal as this great country that everyone loves and Uzumi is a saint who's ideals are loved and respected by all. Tell her the opposite and she nearly has a break down.

And that's exactly what happens in Destiny, first Shinn who says that he hates Orb and Uzumi and blames them all for the death of his family, and then Yuna and his flunkies who tell her that if they follow Uzumi's ideals Orb will be destroyed again. And then all the Orb soldiers when they ignore her orders and proceed to follow a non Uzumi style warfare.

All this breaks her. She has to deal with the fact that people think her father was an idiot and blame him for deaths and that nobody in Orb actually likes following his ideals. And that's why she's a crying mess in 28 and 23.

She only starts to recover when Amagi and crew join AA and reassure her that no, many in the Orb military DO in fact still respect Uzumi and his ideals. After that she starts to recover, ordering the Orb forces to assist in Berlin, refusing the chance to surrender to Zaft and the like.

Likewise once Yuna's style of running things gets Orb invaded again, she's further releaved that its another example that Uzumi's ways aren't wrong and disregarding them only exposed Yuna for the idiot he was. After that she's more or less back to her old self, although she's still written out of the story at that point.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 14:28   Link #8110
I am Gundam 10

Agreed with Everything you said
Old 2013-07-09, 15:22   Link #8111
monster

Quote:
careful dude thats a good way for monster to come get you didn't you read the last page on cagalli "wasn't ruined"
Whether or not Cagalli was ruined is subjective and depends on what each fan wants of her character. My point was that her character in Destiny was a natural progression of her SEED character given the events of SEED and Destiny, and not something that is a complete opposite without any reason.

Oh, and there's no doubt that Cagalli did fail for most of Destiny.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:26   Link #8112
The American Average
2LMES

wow Aquaman OS a sensible explanation for Cagalli's behavior in Destiny. I still find it weird that she even got in that predicament, representatives all against her. seemed Like only Yuna and the orange glasses guy seemed to be 100% against her then everybody just kinda followed. I mean did all the Uzumi supporters die with him when he blew up orb?

You know monster, its not that your point was Cagalli Seed changed to Destiny made sense its just you over analyze it. going on about every little detail which may or not be there, like the 2 year gap in how she didn't get enough experience being rep and getting support. or not wanting to get involved fighting EA even though they clearly using Orb and having Kira attack them anyways. i just think Aquaman OS said it real well and pretty the only way to see it without reading between the lines you and I seem to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Oh, and there's no doubt that Cagalli did fail for most of Destiny.
yay!

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-07-09 at 15:43.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:44   Link #8113
monster

Quote:
yay!
Yep, fortunately, she managed to overcome her failure.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 15:45   Link #8114
I am Gundam 10

The ones who supported Yuna and his father like you said they are followers so most likely dead, captured or just followed Cagalli's way of doing things in Orb
Old 2013-07-09, 15:48   Link #8115
The American Average
2LMES

I guess you could call her getting out of her failure, but soon as she gets the Akatsuki wins back Orb, she just disappears from the Anime which kinda sucks would have really liked to see cagalli in the final battle in that gold robot.
Old 2013-07-09, 16:00   Link #8116
I am Gundam 10

Cagalli wasn't important in Seed Destiny as she was in Seed but it was pretty disappointing to not see her at the ending stages where she didn't act so weak.
Old 2013-07-09, 16:12   Link #8117
Washu-Chan