AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-02-10, 17:29   Link #3241
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
The one where there is some clip where she makes all those sexy sounds while climbing a stone wall? Not that I have seen that myself, I just heard about it...
No, the other one (aka the one with leotard and pantyhose attire).
Old 2021-02-11, 02:22   Link #3242
Sixth
Nobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
The one where there is some clip where she makes all those sexy sounds while climbing a stone wall? Not that I have seen that myself, I just heard about it...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The poor mage.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 13:57   Link #3243
WingedAccelerator

Back to the Fujiwara discussion, I can imagine Kaguya admitting at some point that she envied her normal life or something like that, therefore she kept up a distance from her. She had Hayasaka as a close confidant, even though Fujiwara also experienced events like "Kaguya-chan". I could say their relationship is like Tsubasa and Miyuki, but Kaguya keeps that wall up when it comes to Fujiwara.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 14:44   Link #3244
Lex79

I don't remember if it was explicitly said but I always imagined the friendship between Kaguya and Fujiwara as the typical "she cares for me for who I am, not because I'm of the Shinomiya family", and I have no particular reason to doubt that deep down Kaguya really sees her as a friend. On the other hand, I can't see her neither as a confidant or a helper, so I'm not really surprised that the manga focuses more on Hayasaca and Kashiwagi now that Kaguya needs help and advices.
Old 2021-02-18, 02:28   Link #3245
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

New chapter up~
It was like old chapter, mind games between two and Fujiwara play her old role~
Old 2021-02-18, 03:38   Link #3246
WingedAccelerator

I'm neutral on this "sex arc".
I rather advance the Shinomiya family war plot or do something with the teased or introduced new characters, but if Aka spends this much time on the topic, I do hope he won't just backtracks or the issue gets resolved by a talk and they wait, postpone the first time.
Old 2021-02-18, 12:54   Link #3247
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah. I like having a few looks back at the old dynamics, but honestly I'd like to either have a deeper look into the intrigue going on, a look at the new characters, or some further development in the other romances (or, of course, some development for Miko, be it giving her a potential new love interest or giving her some more interaction with Ishigami).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-18, 14:44   Link #3248
James Rye

First chapter in ages where Fujiwara was not written as a PoS nor the buttmonkey of the jokes. Not sure who wrote this chapter, but it surely wasn't Aka. XD

So we gonna replace the whole "who confesses first" stuff with "who asks for the sex first" thing?^^;
Old 2021-02-21, 17:55   Link #3249
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no complaints, this chapter was super funny. I'd take this over Ishigami relationship drama any day.
Old 2021-02-21, 20:54   Link #3250
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have no complaints, this chapter was super funny. I'd take this over Ishigami relationship drama any day.
Well, to each his own. Personally, that's a big thread left open-ended so far and I want to see it played out.
Old 2021-02-21, 23:51   Link #3251
Sixth
Nobita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Or the family politic.

Hayasaka Arc wasn't my favourite arc for good reasons.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-22, 06:36   Link #3252
magnuskn

While I like Ishigami stuff, I really am hankering for some action on the part of Miyuki to fight for Kaguya against the Shinomiyas. This "OMG, he actually wants to do it with me!" panic stuff is funny, but seems like a distraction.
Old 2021-02-22, 09:56   Link #3253
WingedAccelerator

Different opinions are fine, but don't use the utmost extreme worst scenarios of the other side in regards to your opninion as if it's a general thing.

The past 1+ year I don't particularly like Aka's timing with the chill, fun chapters. I really liked the chapter of Miyuki, Ishigami, Hayasaka and Maki hanging out, but it doesn't change the fact it happened before the Tsubame-Ishigami saga concluded, so it further stalled the outcome of a plot point. Now, I rather have the new characters shine first, then proceeed with another possible Miyuki-Kaguya relationship advance, because their awkwardness after dating for 4 months wore out for me.
Old 2021-02-22, 11:04   Link #3254
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I sort of suspect the casual bits are slid in partly to give Aka time to work on the heavy bits. Have a bit of random nonsense while he thinks through the best possible ways to make the next plot point work.
Old 2021-02-22, 11:14   Link #3255
WingedAccelerator

I proposed earlier the idea that working on two mangas at the same time is going to backfire for Kaguya, and I'm more and more convinced with each passing week that I was right to a certain extent.
Old 2021-02-22, 12:54   Link #3256
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I sort of suspect the casual bits are slid in partly to give Aka time to work on the heavy bits. Have a bit of random nonsense while he thinks through the best possible ways to make the next plot point work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I proposed earlier the idea that working on two mangas at the same time is going to backfire for Kaguya, and I'm more and more convinced with each passing week that I was right to a certain extent.
You mean aside from the fact that the comedy bits have been there from the beginning of the series? They're definitely important, but not for the reasons you think.

I'd dial back on the conspiracy theories a bit.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-02-22 at 13:16.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-22, 13:22   Link #3257
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm not making any conspiracy theories or anything, and I certainly don't think Aka's pushing himself too far with multiple series. It's just that there are reasons for "filler" (if you want to call it that) in any series. It can be to give a bit of levity when things are getting more serious than the author wants. It can be to give readers time to process things or add in additional characterization that fleshes out the situation (similar to the girls talking about their situation then easily switching to sex talk demonstrating that they can still relax). And it can keep the readers occupied if the author wants to have a little more time to decide exactly how his next big event(s) will go down. There are plenty of reasons to add in material that breaks from the present mood and plot. And don't lie, it is a break from the current plot, and thus by some definitions a kind of filler. Just because it's going back to how things were at the start doesn't change the fact that a very large portion of it serves little purpose in furthering the current conflicts.
Old 2021-02-22, 15:50   Link #3258
WingedAccelerator

Writing filler also takes time. It's not the scenarios necessarily, but the ridiculous narration Aka comes up for them. Regardless, Oshi no Ko's existence doesn't help Kaguya in any way and some people already think Kaguya became a bi-weekly manga.

Aka made that interview a year ago about how the second half of the manga starts after Tsubame graduates and the main characters become 3rd years. The pacing gets faster since he admitted it would be exhausting without that, but so far it feels the same, draggy.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2021-02-22 at 16:42.
Old 2021-02-22, 16:32   Link #3259
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm sure it also takes time. Doesn't change that it's different, sort of exercising different "muscles" and going with something different from the main flow. It really depends on the person. Some may find themselves more relaxed or free when writing comedic materials, thus allowing them to broaden their minds and come up with better stuff for the harder material. Some may find the comedic content even more difficult to write than hard plots (as someone with little sense for humor I'd probably struggle like crazy trying to get a joke right). But as I said, that's only one possible reason to write filler content. I'd say letting the content "sink in", in terms of the audience and more importantly showing the characters and how they're impacted by changes happening, is a bigger point.
Old 2021-02-23, 02:02   Link #3260
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Kaguya in Miyuki's new room!
Now, will we get mosaics in next chapter? Will we get 4 pages?

*Edit
No one talked about new chapter? That's sad~

Last edited by Ruki0089; 2021-02-25 at 01:10.
Ruki0089 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, desconstruction, romcom, school life