AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-12-30, 12:51   Link #2101
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Finished Ao. Man, what a great game. Well, I'm not good to talk about my feelings and opinion on things, so I'll stop here.

So that's it, more than 4 years ago I discovered the demo of Sen I in the Japanese PSN and became interested in the series. The game was one of my objective in learning Japanese. Then a few years later, it was released in English. But still, I wanted to do them in order, so finally started the series when SC came out. Sen II was translated, and still no sign of Crossbell, I endured and decided that no matter how many years it take, I'd endure it, learn japanese and play them in order. But this year, I finally played the 3rd, and after that I couldn't help but want to try myself and play Zero. Surprisingly, it wasn't that difficult, and I finished it. Then now, I did the same for Ao. A few years earlier than I thought, the time has come to play the Erebonia games! (Ao really makes you want to play them)

Or so I'd like to say, but I'll wait a little before that.

Anyway, I'm just super tired and I don't even know what I'm writing all that (not even talking about the BS I writed then ereased), so just gonna sleep and hope I'll have a good Azure Dream.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-31, 06:45   Link #2102
Marx-93

Yeah, be careful about burnout man. Even the greatest fans fall to it.

I would recommend waiting a while, and then someday starting Sen just like you would a normal game. The game in itself is fairly slow too (maybe even more than FC), so just take it easy: when things start to heat up again you'll likely become attached again.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-31, 07:25   Link #2103
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Yeah, waiting for my next holidays (february). Then I'll probably play Sen II before going back to uni (end of March).

Then I guess I'll do Sen II NG+ (heard there was additional content for NG+ which add important things to the lore) a little before Sen III english.

Well, if Sen III english isn't out by the end of 2018, depending on my level I might go for the Japanese version and play Sen IV too as it'll be out.
Old 2017-12-31, 20:20   Link #2104
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Yeah, waiting for my next holidays (february). Then I'll probably play Sen II before going back to uni (end of March).

Then I guess I'll do Sen II NG+ (heard there was additional content for NG+ which add important things to the lore) a little before Sen III english.

Well, if Sen III english isn't out by the end of 2018, depending on my level I might go for the Japanese version and play Sen IV too as it'll be out.
Lol that makes me so jealous. I need to get better with my Japanese. If I used a google translate app, tbh I could probably play through all of sen, but I want it to be as easy as playing it in english or somewhat close for full enjoyment. I have 6 JRPG's (3 of them Dragon Quest games) on my Japanese 3ds and it's too painful trying to play through them to the extent I get headaches eventually, lol. Sigh, I guess I just need more practice though.

I want to play Ao by end of Jan hopefully, then plan to finish up Sen II, then plan to ... try to get to the other 2 games, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-31, 23:08   Link #2105
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol that makes me so jealous. I need to get better with my Japanese. If I used a google translate app, tbh I could probably play through all of sen, but I want it to be as easy as playing it in english or somewhat close for full enjoyment. I have 6 JRPG's (3 of them Dragon Quest games) on my Japanese 3ds and it's too painful trying to play through them to the extent I get headaches eventually, lol. Sigh, I guess I just need more practice though.

I want to play Ao by end of Jan hopefully, then plan to finish up Sen II, then plan to ... try to get to the other 2 games, lol.
Nah, I currently don't know enough kanji to be able to play Sen III. I could manage with Zero and Ao Evo thanks to the voices (I actually was quite suprised by how easy the dialogues are, technical ones aside (politics, technology, and other spoilerish things))

The current problem, though, is that I stopped learning kanji because the kanji class I have now in Japan only teach kanji I know, and I'm too much of a "hobbies first" person to learn kanji by myself. (tried, but quickly stopped)

That's why I hope I'll reach enlightment and finally decide to learn those damn kanji again. (well, I do learn kanji with time as I read LNs/WNs, but don't know the actual readings, so when I see them in other words I can't read them)
Old 2018-02-16, 05:40   Link #2106
LROlsson

Sen no Kiseki 3 Official Visual Collection have been announced for a march the 24th release. It will have 304 pages.

March is approaching, I'm still undecided whatever I will pick up the remaster that comes out on march the 8th.
Marketing and opening the full website for Sen 4 should begin soon. For Sen 3, the website opened on the third week of march.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 06:25   Link #2107
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And still no info on the English release.

That said, in the absence of another thread, should probably mention that the fan translation for Ao no Kiseki is finished and the initial release is expected in the next few days. Allegedly.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 07:44   Link #2108
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Finished CS1 around one week ago, going through CS2 right now. Also bought the Kiseki Box for CS3, but no PS4 before September, so...

So I don't know if I should buy the CS3 artbook before playing the game.
Old 2018-02-16, 11:17   Link #2109
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post

Sen no Kiseki 3 Official Visual Collection have been announced for a march the 24th release. It will have 304 pages.

March is approaching, I'm still undecided whatever I will pick up the remaster that comes out on march the 8th.
Marketing and opening the full website for Sen 4 should begin soon. For Sen 3, the website opened on the third week of march.
As much as I don't like the Rean X Alicia ship compared to the others, that picture does make the three of them looks like a family.

Also, thanks fo rthe news LROlsson.
Old 2018-02-16, 14:06   Link #2110
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
As much as I don't like the Rean X Alicia ship compared to the others, that picture does make the three of them looks like a family.

Also, thanks fo rthe news LROlsson.
well Alisa is Falcom's personal choice after all, (I'm not complaining though I actually like her *please don't throw bricks)
Nighty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-16, 14:10   Link #2111
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And still no info on the English release.

That said, in the absence of another thread, should probably mention that the fan translation for Ao no Kiseki is finished and the initial release is expected in the next few days. Allegedly.
given how it took Xseed two years to localize the first two games each, I'm expecting the same for 3 (better that then NISA getting it) even though Zero and Ao got the fan translations I hope they get an official English release (I'm sure Xseed can just make their own PC port if the existing one made by a Chinese company is an issue)

Last edited by Nighty40; 2018-02-16 at 14:25.
Old 2018-02-17, 21:41   Link #2112
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty40 View Post
well Alisa is Falcom's personal choice after all, (I'm not complaining though I actually like her *please don't throw bricks)
She’s also my favorite pick.

I finally finished CS III like a week ago. All I can say about everything in this game is WTFFFFFFFFF. How the f*ck do they plan on resolving everything? Now I understand why everyone wants Rean to have a happy ending lol. I mean they literally said he’d get one, but I find it very hard to believe lol. His suffering is so much worse than all the others lol. Also, yeah, am very curious about what happened at the very end. And at the same time, we now have another extremely solid reason for why Alissa and Rean are best ship, because they’re literally in this together. Seriously though
Spoiler for ending of sen III:
!!!

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-02-18, 00:10   Link #2113
Nighty40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
She’s also my favorite pick.

I finally finished CS III like a week ago. All I can say about everything in this game is WTFFFFFFFFF. How the f*ck do they plan on resolving everything? Now I understand why everyone wants Rean to have a happy ending lol. I mean they literally said he’d get one, but I find it very hard to believe lol. His suffering is so much worse than all the others lol. Also, yeah, am very curious about what happened at the very end. And at the same time, we now have another extremely solid reason for why Alissa and Rean are best ship, because they’re literally in this together. Seriously though
Spoiler for ending of sen III:
!!!
not too mention
Spoiler for spoiler for sen 3:
but anyway all I can hope Rean and both OG and new Class VII survive but we there's a chance it could pull a Persona 3 ending.
Spoiler for more sen arc spoilers:
Old 2018-02-18, 05:28   Link #2114
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I'm so jealous. I want to play the game, I want to read the spoilers. >.<
Old 2018-02-18, 10:37   Link #2115
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I'm so jealous. I want to play the game, I want to read the spoilers. >.<
Join the club, I'm wrestling with myself here to stop me from opening those spoilers. I want to go into this as clean as possible when (if?) it comes west.
Old 2018-02-18, 11:20   Link #2116
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Join the club, I'm wrestling with myself here to stop me from opening those spoilers. I want to go into this as clean as possible when (if?) it comes west.
Worst thing is that I literally have the game, just that I won't be able to have access to a PS4 and a TV until September.
Old 2018-02-18, 12:36   Link #2117
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty40 View Post
not too mention
Spoiler for spoiler for sen 3:
but anyway all I can hope Rean and both OG and new Class VII survive but we there's a chance it could pull a Persona 3 ending.
Spoiler for more sen arc spoilers:
Yeah, that's exactly what I was referencing, lol. And it better not do that!

Quote:
Worst thing is that I literally have the game, just that I won't be able to have access to a PS4 and a TV until September.
Don't look. It'll ruin the experience. Just wait. This is my earnest recommendation to you. Also, cold trails of steel II is out on steam so you can play 1 and 2 now if you want...

Old 2018-02-18, 20:49   Link #2118
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Hey, I got spoiled many thing unintentionally, but I'm not dumb enough to open a spoiler myself.

Also, as I said above, going through CS2 right now, almost finished, probably tomorrow.
Old 2018-02-19, 00:48   Link #2119
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
^Hey, I got spoiled many thing unintentionally, but I'm not dumb enough to open a spoiler myself.

Also, as I said above, going through CS2 right now, almost finished, probably tomorrow.
Oh wow. I didn’t expect you were that far, lol. Let me know how you feel about the stuff near the end of the game and what you think of the divertissement. Don’t look that up in advance lol.

Old 2018-02-19, 02:31   Link #2120
Marx-93

Also, if you don't want to be spoiled about Sen III, I would recommend you guys to be very cautious around anything Sen IV related. Due to a lot of stuff, big spoilers are almost unavoidable.

On the other hand, Sen III is worth it, so good luck!
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria