AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-29, 00:37   Link #301
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Can anyone suggest ideal master quartz I should be attaching on each character? I'm at chapter 3 and I think it's about time I start focusing on a specific MQ per character so I can fully max them out.

MQ suggestions only is fine. I have a tendency to mix and match regular quartz between characters but I'm planning to focus on a specific MQ on each person.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 02:59   Link #302
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I usually just stick to the MQ that the characters come attached with.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 03:00   Link #303
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I usually just stick to the MQ that the characters come attached with.
Same. It just feels weird for me to change them + I don't really have a need to do so.
Old 2015-12-29, 03:56   Link #304
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Nope. It's actually for CS2 too. It even says it on the box where the pin you get with it is held. The Artbook has designs and info for CS2 as well.

I'm starting to doubt that CS2 will even have an LE at this point.
Wait, maybe I'm misreading things but are you saying buying the LE also gets you CS2 whenever it comes out
Old 2015-12-29, 04:17   Link #305
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Wait, maybe I'm misreading things but are you saying buying the LE also gets you CS2 whenever it comes out
I think Iron Maw refered to only the artbook of CS1 which contains artwork of CS2, instead of getting the full game itself automatically upon release
Old 2015-12-29, 04:25   Link #306
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I think Iron Maw refered to only the artbook of CS1 which contains artwork of CS2, instead of getting the full game itself automatically upon release
Yup!

Cold steel was originally supposed to be one huge game after all, instead of being split into a duology.

Spoiler for inb4:
Old 2015-12-29, 04:52   Link #307
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
How?! Even playing a like at 5 hours day for me and I'm not even out of first chapter.
Got some free time and played 8 to 10 hours a day.
Old 2015-12-29, 19:18   Link #308
Iron Maw
Banned

Okay! Cleared Chapter 1 last night.

The Chapter Boss was a decent challenge this time around, so I guess the training wheels off here. It can be really rough if you don't have faint and seal protection on most of your characters. Lucky I had it focus on Reedan and Laura. The later was protected against status effects produced by the Boss' attacks and Rean just dodged most attacks so damage pretty mitigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Can anyone suggest ideal master quartz I should be attaching on each character? I'm at chapter 3 and I think it's about time I start focusing on a specific MQ per character so I can fully max them out.

MQ suggestions only is fine. I have a tendency to mix and match regular quartz between characters but I'm planning to focus on a specific MQ on each person.
I'm not far enough in game yet to start switching around MQ a lot and I personally plan to max-out the starting ones you get first. After that I'm going to give/switch MQ based on each party member elemental slot restriction/alignment. For example Rean has time and fire element restricted orbal slots so his MQ will either by Time or Fire aligned. This way keeps customization relatively simple while still retaining flexibility in quartz composition.

Quote:
Sorry if was clear, but it's as what Mahou said. You still have pay for CS2 as normally, but CS1's LE box (as well with whatever goodies are inside) seems to be serving as LE box for CS2 as well. Which why I don't think CS2 will necessarily have it's own individual LE edition, just a regular one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Got some free time and played 8 to 10 hours a day.
Ah, I see.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 22:00   Link #309
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
You can use any MQ you want, but you probably needs to take notes of these MQ (not sure about the english name):
- Juggler (can inflict 90% random status which is great for most boss and mobs, also 50% for nightmare(?) status which means 100% critical when you hit them)
- Angel (Alisa's MQ, this MQ is dumb at level 5)
- Aries (EP recovery by percentage of arts damage, good for fast clearing)
- Megalith (HP, EP and CP recovery on field, pretty much compulsory so that you don't need to build up CP anymore)

There's bunch of MQ that gives more damage or double damage but IIRC it's not that good in Sen 1. They're pretty broken in Sen 2 though...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 04:12   Link #310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just to be sure, for the battle scope, analyse arts, detector craft all scans enemies right? And they contribute to the trophy?
Old 2015-12-30, 05:04   Link #311
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Just to be sure, for the battle scope, analyse arts, detector craft all scans enemies right? And they contribute to the trophy?
Yes. They all do.
Old 2015-12-30, 19:23   Link #312
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

i just finished sky part 1 & 2. is this going to steam?
Old 2015-12-30, 19:36   Link #313
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
i just finished sky part 1 & 2. is this going to steam?
No. No PC port for XSEED ro work with.
Old 2015-12-31, 08:49   Link #314
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Silly question but you can't lock quartz on a character so the game doesn't automatically remove them right? When exactly are the points when the game removes them from the characters not available in a chapter? I already have a predetermined set of quartz for each character.
Old 2015-12-31, 10:10   Link #315
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It seems they would remove only 'rare' Quartz, which are the ones with like a 'star' on them
Old 2015-12-31, 12:06   Link #316
Iron Maw
Banned

Yeah, only rare and super rare ones get removed.

Man the drop rates in this game is ass. -_-

I seriously hope I run into a "Fortune/Luck" quartz soon.

Anyway ch2 here, where now I'm hanging out with other team. I rather like how Trails ties it's gameplay to story opposed to most RPGs. For example the inability for Machias and Jusis to be Linked. They even complain when heal each other too.
Old 2016-01-01, 05:28   Link #317
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I... really want to buy this game's soundtrack.

In any case since you can't stuff a UMD in a Vita, I went and bought a FC over on PSN. I'll finish this game first then FC, then SC, then Sen II or the third Trails game depends which one comes out first.
Old 2016-01-01, 05:49   Link #318
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I heard they're working on pushing out Cold Steel 2 first in this year for localization.
Old 2016-01-01, 07:16   Link #319
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
I heard they're working on pushing out Cold Steel 2 first in this year for localization.
That's because it's slated for 2016. Hopefully before summer.

Quote:

In any case since you can't stuff a UMD in a Vita, I went and bought a FC over on PSN. I'll finish this game first then FC, then SC, then Sen II or the third Trails game depends which one comes out first.
I'd still advise you to play FC & SC before this. Oh well.
Old 2016-01-01, 20:50   Link #320
Iron Maw
Banned

W00t! Just when I'm complaining about a the drop rate, out of nowhere I do get a Luck quartz! It doesn't seem to improve chances to obtain U-material that much, but it's something I guess.

And man

Spoiler for Trails in the Sky to Cold Steel:

Quote:
Yeah, seriously. It's really good stuff so far even coming off the TitS games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I'd still advise you to play FC & SC before this. Oh well.
It's really not necessary. Yeah, sure you will gain even greater appreciation for callbacks, setting and various subtle plot threads, but CS still very enjoyable on it own. It's helps that while narrative is part of overarching story, CS doesn't lean on how much of you know about happened in the Liberl (or Crossbel ones for that matter) games understand it's own plot. Anyone can always go back to the older games afterward. I think the real issue in playing TitCS before TitS is your going miss all the added tweaks the newer games have.

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria