AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 00:47   Link #1061
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
thats good, when he gets better, he'll go to a magical school and get a new bff

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 01:40   Link #1062
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Well, ch 14 scans are taking forever to be released so there's still time to discuss. I wonder if something similar to the Fortress is in the developing stage for some other character(i was about to say Hayate but apparently people still have problems crafting equipement for her). Nanoha and Subaru are the most sucessfull on endurance(Fortress) and effectiveness(Sword Breaker) during the current battle, si it's expected that this battle make the Cadlefwich people to realize the way to take in further designs.

It will be nice to see more cyborg upgrades, as they share the same advantages as Subaru(ie. being able to handle more difficult equipement due to their increased physical power/durability). Definetly Otto can take great advantage of something like the Fortress xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 02:28   Link #1063
mielipuoli

Here's a prayer that the translators and those of you in Japan are alright after the quake off Sendai. Be well, and check in with us soon if you can.
mielipuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 02:43   Link #1064
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

recently readed about that, hope they're fine and well.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-11, 05:28   Link #1065
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Yeah, bout all I could do is down a few Asahi cans

and my signature

wish i had more to add

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-03-18, 01:38   Link #1066
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finally watched the full Ch. 14(in chinese xDU) and i can only say one thing. Black Knight Tohma demonstrates again why he's the most threatening force on the town.

Spoiler for Aki-style summary:

Well, that's all of FORCE for now, the only thing we can do now is be patient and pray for the people to overcome the crisis and Tsuzuki to recover.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-18, 09:46   Link #1067
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Well, Force is certainly subverting typical super and real robot tropes by having prototype weapons that don't fare very well.
Old 2011-03-18, 10:31   Link #1068
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

yeah no one on one action here, team up or die :/ well dropped? from the plot as it were

Old 2011-03-18, 12:14   Link #1069
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
yeah no one on one action here, team up or die :/ well dropped? from the plot as it were
Well, that's not entirely bad, suposedly they trained to work as a team since StrikerS but we only watch them doing actual teamwork like uhm ...three times? As i said before apparently fighting these guys one-on-one is a no no at least for now xD.

Gang it up girls! xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-18, 13:42   Link #1070
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Fate's participation in it seemed so... random and off handed though. Like she's fighting Deville, but then casually just turns around, blasts and slashes the book, and then goes back to her business.
Old 2011-03-18, 14:34   Link #1071
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I don't mind Fate getting in on the action, but the way it was drawn was... well, Raiser actually put it right. It's as if she's blasting some minor pest, she didn't even look when she fired that first shot.

On the fight, while Force has broken the typical prototype rule with Nanoha, they played it straight with Subaru. And they threw in the 'ancient weapons are always superior' rule too.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:17   Link #1072
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I had a thought. What if the book was the only thing keeping Thoma's powers in check? And now that it's been destroyed, things will get much worse. Maybe that's why Lily is calling out at the end there.

In such a case, I think Lily will have to merge with Thoma so she can control his powers and give him back his will.
Old 2011-03-18, 16:31   Link #1073
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I had a thought. What if the book was the only thing keeping Thoma's powers in check? And now that it's been destroyed, things will get much worse. Maybe that's why Lily is calling out at the end there.
If the Bible of Silver Cross is anything like a certain other magical tome featured earlier in the series, it would rebuild itself very soon.
Old 2011-03-18, 17:20   Link #1074
Justin_Brett

Oh, the Hucks ARE still there? Good thing Cypha and Karen didn't join the battle, then, for...some reason.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 17:21   Link #1075
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Didn't the Hucks decide to retreat last chapter?
Old 2011-03-18, 17:22   Link #1076
Justin_Brett

If Fate's still fighting Deville, evidently not.
Old 2011-03-18, 17:27   Link #1077
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I actually think Fate isn't fighting Deville anymore. At least, he doesn't appear in the chapter at all.
Old 2011-03-18, 17:27   Link #1078
Justin_Brett

What the hell's she doing in that panel where she shoots at the tome, then? She's plainly concentrating on something.
Old 2011-03-18, 21:44   Link #1079
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Unlimited Paper Works, revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Finally watched the full Ch. 14(in chinese xDU) and i can only say one thing. Black Knight Tohma demonstrates again why he's the most threatening force on the town.

Spoiler for Aki-style summary:

Well, that's all of FORCE for now, the only thing we can do now is be patient and pray for the people to overcome the crisis and Tsuzuki to recover.
Oh yes, thank you!

Quote:
Well, Force is certainly subverting typical super and real robot tropes by having prototype weapons that don't fare very well.
And I'm glad of it. Unlike Ace Custom (modifying reliable, battle proven design with extra features) Super Prototype is just asking to be subverted. Hero Units deserves something effective and efficient, not barely tested toys.

Still waiting for the AEC's to be integrated to existing devices instead of being stand-alones. (And praying that the grunts would also receive them, even if they're watered down versions of the Aces')

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Well, that's not entirely bad, supposedly they trained to work as a team since StrikerS but we only watch them doing actual teamwork like uhm ...three times? As i said before apparently fighting these guys one-on-one is a no no at least for now xD.

Gang it up girls! xD
Yes, it's about time Nanoha actually stick true to her own words of wisdom and start doing some teamwork.

Quote:
Fate's participation in it seemed so... random and off handed though. Like she's fighting Deville, but then casually just turns around, blasts and slashes the book, and then goes back to her business.
What happened to the fight anyway?

Quote:
My thoughts the same. It's as if what she actually screamed was, "You maniacs, you blew it up! What the hell have you done, heroes?!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And they threw in the 'ancient weapons are always superior' rule too.
Heh, yeah . Not to mention the "ancient weapons are can survive the ages" rule too (there's not even a sign of rust!). Dammit, I want those weapons buried inside the pyramids to be super too!
---------

Hmmm. This turns out to be actually kinda fun chapter...but unless the next ones continue to be so then this one is most likely an exception, not the norm.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-03-18 at 22:06.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 22:18   Link #1080
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh yes, thank you!
You welcome xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Hmmm. This turns out to be actually kinda fun chapter...but unless the next ones continue to be so then this one is most likely an exception, not the norm.
I atributes that to the fact that this cahapter has a lot of stuff actually happening in rapid sucession. Nanoha fights desperately, Tohma crushes Fortress panel by panel, then BigDamn SUBARU!, then Isis, then more fighting, then Fate, then Tohma falls and Lily awakes. Gosh even Raising Heart and Mach Caliber get a few lines and some cool maneuver done. This is the kind of action i want to see, best done FORCE chapter so far xD.

On another note. It didn't stop to amaze me how pretty effective Sword Breaker has become, at first i think it was plot armor then someone in the forum give us imformation about the secret of it's effectiveness: It's powered by Subaru's Vibration Shatter! So, Sword Breaker looks lioke an efective equipement because it drawns it's power from a broken ability xD.

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force