AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 15:52   Link #1461
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Blurays have English subtitles for the episodes only.

The extra features and commentary are not subtitled.
Old 2013-01-17, 23:22   Link #1462
Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
If they do I just may do the unthinkable...
As was stated, the episodes are subtitled, so go ahead and do the unthinkable.
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 02:45   Link #1463
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Here is a page for you translators out there. Something about a TV special?

http://yamato2199.net/special/vol_029.html

Normally I would attempt to piece together what it is via even the rough Google tranlator, but since the entire page is just images of the text, I cannot copy &page the text.
Old 2013-01-18, 04:37   Link #1464
macdawson

I'm guessing it's a special along the same lines as the ones made for the previous chapters and that have been put as extras in the Blu-Rays.

If you want to Copy+Paste the text to Google or other translator, roughly the same text is in the Yamato Crew site.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 07:53   Link #1465
Cyprene

It's an interview with some staff about some of the visuals on disc 4. This scene was CG, this scene was hand-done, we did it this way to make the ship look larger, etc.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 20:26   Link #1466
macdawson

Can anyone translate the dialogue used in the trailer for chapter 4? I subbed the other trailers and those thimgs gain new levels of awesome when you actually know what they're saying. :-D
Old 2013-01-18, 20:53   Link #1467
macdawson

Never mind. A fan already did it XD. Except for a line by Sanada at the 1:25 mark, it looks good. The last line by Okita is a real punch, especially knowing what he means.

Old 2013-01-18, 22:02   Link #1468
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

See, we would not be as surprised if we understood what was being said in the trailer.
Old 2013-01-19, 04:24   Link #1469
enrico7113

I can not wait to see the chapter 4 episodes !
it would be great in the meantime to have the chance to see the 10 minutes preview with subtitles
I watched carefully the battle in the 10 minutes preview
unfortunately I can not upload captions
the gamilas part of the fleet attacking is approximately 15 / 20 ships with one meltoria leading the division cosisting mainly of destroyers
they launch a torpedoes salvo around 25 torpedoes and then launch the attack
from the debris we can see some cometine destroyers and cruisers are destroyed by the salvo
in the following scene we see the gamilas fleet as effective as we never saw before (possibly only in obliterating the dinguil fleet surrounding the Yamato in final Yamato)
the cometine destroyers and light cruisers (they seem approximately the same size of the destroyers with more turrets I counted 6 main turrets on the upper side and possibly 5 on the underside and possibly 2 missiles at the nose) in the following scenes a single destroyer launches just 8 missiles and destroys approximately 6/8 destroyers and cruisers (these missiles must have a huge splash damage)
maybe the cometine fleet was just a scouting fleet without heavy ships nevertheless it gets wiped out in no time by a small division of light gamilas ships
in the game the cometine ships are much more powerful than the gamilas ... now are on equal level or there is an advantage on the gamilas side

Last edited by enrico7113; 2013-01-19 at 05:41.
enrico7113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 10:02   Link #1470
Vito
Asshole.

Do you have the 10 min preview saved in HD from the original youtube channel? Think I asked before in this thread.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 11:43   Link #1471
macdawson

I downloaded the video in HQ from the official sources. I could upload it but would have to PM the adress as the last time i put something like that on open channel, they cancelled my youtube account so now i put them in private mode. It sucks but its what i have. OF course i don't have any subs for that but if someone has translated this, i can set the timings and upload the sub along with the video.
Old 2013-01-19, 11:53   Link #1472
enrico7113

I downloaded it too but was not in HQ (I believe best quality was 360)
by the way none noticed a huge drop down in discipline and morale among the sunmarine crew ?
they seem to not having received new uniforms since the first year of kingdom of Desler

Last edited by enrico7113; 2013-01-19 at 12:56.
enrico7113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 13:14   Link #1473
macdawson

I didn't get it from youtube but from Bandai Channel where they have LQ, SQ and HQ (which is a 1500k encoding). Don't know where it stands in the xxxp scale but i'd say it's at least at 480p. I get the movie versions there too. They're around 9 bucks and totally worth it. Not only do you get to see the movie edit but you get to see it a couple of weeks before the BR gets to you. It may not have subs but its worth it any way. Then, when you see the subbed version, it's like a whole new experience.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:54   Link #1474
Vito
Asshole.

How do you record videos from the Bandai Channel? I know you need a VPN but last time I spoke to someone he said it was a pain in the ass to get the direct stream. Btw. I don't suppose you'd be willing to upload the Bandai Channel rip somewhere?

Last edited by Vito; 2013-01-20 at 11:08.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 01:13   Link #1475
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Never mind. A fan already did it XD. Except for a line by Sanada at the 1:25 mark, it looks good. The last line by Okita is a real punch, especially knowing what he means.

Very cool.
Thank you for that link macdawson, it is appreciated.

I hope our sexy female Gamilas (or is it now Gamillas?) pilot survives. It would give the show a mature Star Trek feel to it, IMO.
But, if she does get killed, I hope it is a motivating factor that helps build the characters into realizing they're not just fighting some mindless alien enemy hell bent on galactic domination.
Either way, I look forward to the next episodes.
Old 2013-01-22, 02:10   Link #1476
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Shooting first can be a big problem. Though I question the Gamilas entering the Solar System with multiple warships in a first contact situation.

And someone confirmed that the Yamato 2199 BD are "Region Free", thus any country (in theory) can buiy them. It should play anywhere, so that is sort of a boon for any English speaking country, or any group that makes subs for other languages based on the English subtitles (if they have problems tranlating the spoken Japanese).
Old 2013-01-22, 11:14   Link #1477
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Shooting first can be a big problem. Though I question the Gamilas entering the Solar System with multiple warships in a first contact situation.

And someone confirmed that the Yamato 2199 BD are "Region Free", thus any country (in theory) can buiy them. It should play anywhere, so that is sort of a boon for any English speaking country, or any group that makes subs for other languages based on the English subtitles (if they have problems tranlating the spoken Japanese).
I do like that twist where Earth fired first and Admiral Okita was thrown into the brig because he refused to do so.
Makes for excellent character building of Daisuke Shima since his father looks to be the one that fired on the Gamilas warships.
That's got to weigh heavy on his mind.

I've been saving for the DVD versions and have enough to buy the first three already.
When the show completes, assuming it stays a good as it is now, I will purchase the whole series at once.
Thank you for the region information BTW.
Old 2013-01-22, 12:14   Link #1478
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I do like that twist where Earth fired first and Admiral Okita was thrown into the brig because he refused to do so.
Makes for excellent character building of Daisuke Shima since his father looks to be the one that fired on the Gamilas warships.
That's got to weigh heavy on his mind.

I've been saving for the DVD versions and have enough to buy the first three already.
When the show completes, assuming it stays a good as it is now, I will purchase the whole series at once.
Thank you for the region information BTW.
Spoiler for Capt. Shima:

Attention, i don't know if the DVD's are region free like the Blu-Rays but even if they are, they DON'T HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES. Only the Blu-Rays are subbed.
Old 2013-01-22, 12:23   Link #1479
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
Spoiler for Capt. Shima:

Attention, i don't know if the DVD's are region free like the Blu-Rays but even if they are, they DON'T HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES. Only the Blu-Rays are subbed.
Ooh, thank you very much for that information.
I shall adjust my anime buying list accordingly and purchase the Blue Ray discs instead.
Old 2013-01-22, 18:17   Link #1480
August138

Please keep the Spoilers down, folks, not laid bare in your posts!

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato