AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-25, 03:09   Link #9921
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Got good matches today, more kills less deaths!

Spoiler for Game 1 WOT- SEA:

Spoiler for Game 2 WOT- SEA:

I`m currently grinding for Type T-34 because I got inspired

EDIT: Many tankers aimed at my Matilda`s frontal armour(Thank you clutch breaking) and the result is many shots bounced off(I`m glad I killed the Pz 1c before he tracked me in a wrong position. I did not received any damages, got detracked many times which came from Pz 1c) Speaking of Pz. 1c, that tank is annoying once in the good hands

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-09-25 at 07:24. Reason: Added details
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 03:15   Link #9922
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Urgh....is it really that bad? How come a tank from a best tier 8 turn into useless just because of the gold rounds nerf?

And I just started my grind for the M7 to boot.
it was the best tier 8 thanks to gold round, now the gold round got nerfed it still good but not as good as before.

T69 normal round bounce comically much, it hard to hurt other tier 8 with it let alone tier 9 and tier 10.

flanking is suicide with T69, it a sluggish, tall and big tank, you gonna get killed long before you can get to enemy flank, even if you manage to to flank with it, if your enemy do not die after you unload your clip you're dead.
Old 2013-09-25, 03:52   Link #9923
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...that the Comet is the best Tier 7 Medium does not make me feel any happier about potentially using the Panther. -_- On the other hand, I'm still not really sure where or what I want to get for my first Tier 7, and eventually Tier 10; Velocity's aiming to get into Clan Wars, which means Tier 10s, but unfortunately on the whole, while we've got some damn good players, we're still not really there.

...well most of us are solid T5-T7 players, but I'm nowhere near their level.

Also for some strange reason, I can't stop thinking of the Japanese tanks as chicks. I really dunno why. French tanks are ducks, Japanese tanks are chicks. Oh well, why not.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-09-25 at 07:05.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:18   Link #9924
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

My clan recently has not yet join the Clan Wars because the commanders are forming squads designated for special roles and there are few vacant slots(Sorry cannot share that much )

My max tier is still 4 as of the moment..actually 5 if I have enough credits to buy Crusader

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-09-25 at 07:28.
Old 2013-09-25, 09:12   Link #9925
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...that the Comet is the best Tier 7 Medium does not make me feel any happier about potentially using the Panther. -_- On the other hand, I'm still not really sure where or what I want to get for my first Tier 7, and eventually Tier 10; Velocity's aiming to get into Clan Wars, which means Tier 10s, but unfortunately on the whole, while we've got some damn good players, we're still not really there.
My first tier 7 was the Tiger, which went okay (54% WR over 136 battles). It's a better drive since 8.8, but right now my tier 7 heavy is the T29. The T110E5 is still popular in Clan Wars, though the autoloader trend has pushed a lot of people to the T57 Heavy (much as that grind is annoying).

Though I got to the T29 in a roundabout fashion... I went through the M4, then unlocked both the E8 and the Jumbo. The Jumbo seemed too slow for me, so first I went through the E8 to the T20 and the 90mm. Only after that did I go back through the Jumbo to the T29... though if I hadn't gotten the T20 first that route would have meant that I would have started the T29 with only the 76mm gun, which is a terrible way to die.

The more typical route would have been the T1 Heavy to the M6 to the T29. Now that I'm in the T1 HT now I still don't really plan on getting the M6, even if it does have the 90mm on it.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 20:46   Link #9926
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:

...well most of us are solid T5-T7 players, but I'm nowhere near their level.

Also for some strange reason, I can't stop thinking of the Japanese tanks as chicks. I really dunno why. French tanks are ducks, Japanese tanks are chicks. Oh well, why not.
Panther can't really be compared to the other tier 7 mediums as it stands out in its own role. After the Tiger buff though I have heard that Panther is somewhat obsoleted, but I don't play enough to know.

For my opinion, I couldn't stand the Cromwell and skipped the Comet. Liked the T20 as the 90mm is a good all round gun with a very good APCR shell, T-34-1 is pretty decent if you ignore the gazillion fires you get every match, but I don't have a very high opinion of the T-43.

Pershing is awesome, and up there as one of the great tier 8s. It pretty much makes the Indien-Panzer look like a tier 7 with extra pen.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 22:13   Link #9927
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmmm... I guess that's something to think about for the future. <.< Again, I still don't really know what tank I want to drive for T7. So far the fastest options for me would be Comet and Panther.

BTW what's the Panther's role as a T7 medium?

...though I'm sorta getting close to grinding my way to the Pz IV, so maybe I could go for the Tiger. *shrug* Ah, decisions, decisions. I'm also considering grinding the T1 Heavy to get to the M6 and then the T29 heavy tank...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-25, 22:34   Link #9928
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
BTW what's the Panther's role as a T7 medium?
Mobile sniping. The 75mm L/100 pencil cannon that it ends up with is extremely accurate, highly penetrating, fast firing, and has a piddly 135 average alpha. So you can poke things to death over time, but if they shoot you back in anywhere except the upper front plate or mantlet you are going to have problems.
Old 2013-09-25, 22:41   Link #9929
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Mobile sniping. The 75mm L/100 pencil cannon that it ends up with is extremely accurate, highly penetrating, fast firing, and has a piddly 135 average alpha. So you can poke things to death over time, but if they shoot you back in anywhere except the upper front plate or mantlet you are going to have problems.
When I was playing it, I had considered the utility of training Deadeye on the gunner. If you're going to have to shoot enemies lots and lots of times even with its best gun, might as well try to break their modules with every shot.

Of course, never did get around to testing it out, once I moved on to the Panther II. That seems so long ago now.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 23:24   Link #9930
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
When I was playing it, I had considered the utility of training Deadeye on the gunner. If you're going to have to shoot enemies lots and lots of times even with its best gun, might as well try to break their modules with every shot.
Actually that's what I always choose to give to my gunners in rapid firing tanks. Sure a 300+ damage shot hurts, but what does piss an enemy off more than breaking a module? (specialy an important one like tracks/ammorack/engine).

I had an... interesting ride on the Panther (before I moved onto the Konig), some games I could take advantage of my Rof and deadeye'd gunner to piss the enemy to death, while in others the only thing I could do was break some tracks or keeping my enemies permatracked so my allies could finish them off. Still I managed to maintain a stable WR over 50% in it at the end, and finally get 2 skills in my crew before I move them.

Also, I give up. Until I fix my pc I won't be loging in WoT (playing at 8 fps in a notebook with intel hd graphics don't worth at all).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 00:42   Link #9931
Gravitas Free Zone

My L/70 StuG gunner has Deadeye. Putting them in the E-25 was interesting. (I don't totally believe in Deadeye's effectiveness, but the extra 3% averaged out over 50 shots appeared to do something.)

Well there goes the neighborhood.

Old 2013-09-26, 00:52   Link #9932
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

the Panther have the slowest RoF of all tier 7 med, how that's "fast firing"?
Old 2013-09-26, 01:01   Link #9933
Gravitas Free Zone

Approximately 13 rounds per minute is in the upper end, with the Comet pulling 16, the T-43 at 11.5, and the T20 at 6.6...
Old 2013-09-26, 02:09   Link #9934
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
the Panther have the slowest RoF of all tier 7 med, how that's "fast firing"?
I was about to say, there's no way the low DPM T20 has higher RoF than Panther...

The fastest I found is Comet with ~14 rof, and the Panther has something pretty close to that. But if you tried to play a Comet like a Panther it'd be just as bad as a Panther trying to pretend its a Comet

I *suppose* a Comet could snipe, though that'd be a waste of a fast tier 7 medium
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 04:20   Link #9935
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
I *suppose* a Comet could snipe, though that'd be a waste of a fast tier 7 medium
Except it isn't fast, at least not as nimble as the Cromwell. The Comet is the point where the UK line starts to trade speed for sniping ability and hulldown.
Old 2013-09-26, 04:46   Link #9936
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Been doing some thinking.

I've got the Churchill VII - well, sold the bugger, but I still have the crew - and I'm training the crew in my TOG. Have also gotten my Churchill I crew more or less to 100% on their first skills (again, using them in the TOG).

I'm now pondering the pros and cons of buying back the Churchill VII and unlocking the Black Prince. I'd use my Church VII crew in that tank, until it's finally unlocked the Black Prince, then transfer my Churchill I crew into the Black Prince. I'd then sell my Church VII again, and put back its crew into the TOG.

Thoughts? Worth the effort?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-26, 06:51   Link #9937
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Been doing some thinking.

I've got the Churchill VII - well, sold the bugger, but I still have the crew - and I'm training the crew in my TOG. Have also gotten my Churchill I crew more or less to 100% on their first skills (again, using them in the TOG).

I'm now pondering the pros and cons of buying back the Churchill VII and unlocking the Black Prince. I'd use my Church VII crew in that tank, until it's finally unlocked the Black Prince, then transfer my Churchill I crew into the Black Prince. I'd then sell my Church VII again, and put back its crew into the TOG.

Thoughts? Worth the effort?
To me, I think you should keep that Churchill or at least get 1 premium tank(Just recently bought an Excelsior, that tank is not that bad.) because you keep repeating the cycle and it`s almost the same if you keep doing that again..

From what I remember, I think the premium tank gives you higher amount of credits and experience no?
Old 2013-09-26, 07:07   Link #9938
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
To me, I think you should keep that Churchill or at least get 1 premium tank(Just recently bought an Excelsior, that tank is not that bad.) because you keep repeating the cycle and it`s almost the same if you keep doing that again..

From what I remember, I think the premium tank gives you higher amount of credits and experience no?
Um, yeah, I have the TOG II, it's a British tier 6 heavy, premium tank. I'm using it to train the Church I and Church VII crews I have. No need to retrain, just throw them in and they gain Exp.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-26, 07:13   Link #9939
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The Alecto is much more fun than I thought. Maybe I should keep that thing and throw away the Hetzer.

On my first battle on the T32...it was a Tier 10 battle, and one shot from the tier 10 TD took 1300 HP away from my tank. Match making really should have taken equipment into account. No way a stock T32 deserves to be in that kind of match...
Old 2013-09-26, 08:12   Link #9940
Gravitas Free Zone

Odd, usually a fresh tank will get guaranteed top tier... for the first game only.

I liked the Alecto, even though I probably should have used the 6-pdr more and the 3.7-inch howitzer a bit less.

The Tier 4 TDs have a very wide range of styles to choose from, and I can't say that any one style is going to be better than the others given how they've been balanced.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks