AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-08, 16:35   Link #1401
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
If Fate bothered to tell Kha (knowing her she wouldn't) of the encounter that gave her that bruise which I think Shamal fixed, there would be no holding the Cleric back indeed.
You just made my fingers freeze above keyboard with my brain desperately rethinking some moments in Act 4 My hopes are with Niddhogg's thick armor plating now

EDIT:

I must get some sleep, will finish Act IV in the morning.

Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-06-08 at 18:25.
Old 2007-06-08, 18:36   Link #1402
Erio
Hiromi

Wink

Oh dear Gods of Blue Cheese Backlogs, what have I done to deserve this... this... punishment...

...not being home, I guess

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say hi.

Its frustrating that this thread moves so fast and I dont have enough time to read and comment about everything. And for the next week I'll have even less time, as internet will not be free.

I'll probably be able to write more of my fanfic, though, so expect an update soon. (I hope)

Anyway, the list is updated. I really need to fix Glock Heckler's links, as LoweGear *stares* is driving me crazy with all those story chapters. j/k Lowe

@USB500 I'll be waiting for the links to your blog's Wind Talkers' posts before adding them to the list.

@Aaron008R I read somewhere back there that you had two new characters coming soon... where are they?? I kid, I kid. Take your time.

Well, see you all later.
Old 2007-06-08, 19:24   Link #1403
Aaron008R

Quote:
Brilliant reinterpretation of the Necromnicron! That means Aurion and Kha have a "page" out of that powerful "book" in their possession!
Would you care to elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ara, Sof has seriously big beef with Aurion, but pulling a man out of his hobby store... zettai yurusanai!!! Can Aurion still go there after all the "charges" brought against him?
Nah. If you ask me, I'd actually say she's quite fond of the older man because of playing along to please her tsundere attitude.

*gets smacked by the Hayate Harisen MK 1, 2 and 3 simultaneously*

Quote:
Not sure on that... that'll depend on how well Kay and Glock do against their next Necron encounter, and what Glock's next assignment would be Kay's getting herself an interim weapon upgrade while she has yet to get her Zankantou (yep, the X.Z.O. Sword), while Glock gets his own upgrades to Sofia (the staff, not the one who makes Aurion nervous ).
I'll be looking forward to your Nendou Busou Ken all the same.

Quote:
And... Kay would probably be asking where the heck Zengar is

Shinji: Uso Da?! Kyosuke Nanbu?! Hontou?!! SUGOI!!!!
*fanboy mode start up*
You got it. I intend the SRW series to actually exist in Earth despite my SRW template characters existing in Nanohaverse! It'll give several mecha otaku OCs reasons for referencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Ah, you've posted a whole lot while I was writing my background

Anyway, I'll be commenting later, as I decided to break Act III in two halves. So here goes new shortened Act III and I'm off working on Act IV.

Spoiler for Dance of the Demons - Act III:

Now that could be the end of it? Or not yet
Definitely not. Nonetheless, it's a cool battle going on. And forcing Nanoha to use Excellion Mode is a testament to how potent Serge and AO are. The parallelization of our two characters in the Manipulation department is interesting, don't you think? You gave so much more ideas on their future conversation! Thanks!

Quote:
Busy-busy writing, just can't help answering to this - Act IV is all about giving Kha a whole lot of reasons to kick Serge's a**
(that's not mentioning the case with Hayate and magic dampener, though it slipped into AU region)

EDIT:

Dance of the Demons takes place shortly before StrikerS timeline, approximately the year before its beginning (judging on A's to StrikerS manga Drones started appearing some time before StrikerS, don't remember exact numbers, maybe someone could enlighten me anyway it'll be alright with me unless I'll have a gap of less than a month)
Unlike Aurion, I'm not sure if der Kleriker is cool headed enough not to try and lop Serge's head off when he sees him. Even giving Fate a little wound would spell DOOM! I'll leave this part to Kha and you; as I'm not a good judge of two potent combatants whose abilities I'm not wholly familiar with.

@Erio: Sorry for the delay. They'll be released in a few hours time.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-08, 20:03   Link #1404
Aaron008R

Spoiler for SCRAPPED:

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-03-22 at 11:19.
Old 2007-06-08, 20:39   Link #1405
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I have a few random speculations that I think need to be fact-checked, but I'm of the impression that for most of these, there really isn't any canon information. So I'm throwing these out to you people in the hopes that someone might spot a hole in it somewhere.

Also, if anyone has further insights or alterations about these thoughts (especially if you've thought of the same things before), feel free to chime in. Everything in here is purely my guesswork, and so I'm entirely willing to change or scrap as required.

I don't really have time to prettify these with a fiction frame, so you get the unadulterated versions.

Spoiler:

Next time, governance and culture. If I get around to them. (Exactly what is the Church a church of? What god(s) does it worship, and does it have a holy scripture? How many followers does it have, and does it evangelize?)

EDIT: When I say "TSAB tech level", I'm using it as a shorthand for "the current tech level for the Nanohaverse during the time of the series". I'm aware that the TSAB may not be the sole innovators of the tech they use.

EDIT THE SECOND: This is all an effort to guess what is canon enough for writing; in other words, I'm going to be using this in the assumption that it does not contradict canon. If anyone else has a different (even contrary) interpretation, please mention it, so we can compare notes.

If nothing else, it'll help if I randomly choose to feature any of your characters in random fillers, while using these assumptions.

Last edited by dkellis; 2007-06-08 at 20:52.
Old 2007-06-08, 20:48   Link #1406
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
song ATM: Moon On The Water (BEAT CRUSADERS version)

OH MY GOD! UNLIMITED BACKLOG WORKS! I AM DOOM!

========================================

Quote:
Ever since knowing the Wind Talker's name, I've imagined them to be a force similar to this, specializing in codes, encryption and languages, and nice of you to deliver. 100 languages for Armstrong alone though?

Shinji: That's more than the four of us combined!

It's nice to see a team that relies on their innate almost savant-like skills to assist in the field. On Snow Wolf and Sitting Dragon though, what do you mean "robot pilots"?
On Armstrong:
Note that it's 100 languages from 25 administered worlds (including Earth, Mid-Childa and Narulia). Forgot to add this.

On Snow Wolf & Sitting Dragon:
I forgot to add this in that post: not just regular robot pilots, but they happen to be the best "Super Robot"-class pilots in their home planet. Yes, Gravia has the reputation for being Nanoha Universe' breeding ground for Super Robots pilots.

Which means.....

SW: Sitting Dragon!
SD: Snow Wolf!
*both super robots jump into the air*
SW/SD:YOSHAAAAA!!!!!!! FINAL FUSION!!!!!!!!

I just had to do this.

=====================

Quote:
This was posted by USB in the pic thread, but it has tremendous application here:
Spoiler for Unlimited Imperium Vault:
Now replace Kluize with Sophia... Perfect.
Quote:
Erio better take notes from Kh... I mean Kluize Kluize will also have to explain Tiger on his chest
@ Kha: I assume you were talking about Annabelle, weren't you?

Kleuz: ahahahahaha! Fear my Unlimited Imperium Vault!!!1111oneone
Anna: *summons Meteor & Asteriod & Comet*
Kleuz: what the-- AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

fear the Meteor Loli

@ LoweGear: yes, I agree with you that he must explain on why Taiga's face is on his chest D:

======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@USB
Ooh. Very nice characters there. Especially Faye; Yay avid reader!!
Although whats with the massive jump in mage rankings
1: Faye = yet another Nagato
2: I don't get it

======================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wow, a dechipering unit. Haven't seen that one before. It does make me wonder what they do in the field, though. Do they try to remain outside combat?
As long as the condition isn't critical, they will remain outside combat. Their task is to simply establish decoded communication with friendly units.

========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Blame USB500 for that one, Lowe.
Uhh.... why me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
@USB500 I'll be waiting for the links to your blog's Wind Talkers' posts before adding them to the list.
am working on it ATM. PM will be up shortly afterwards.

=============

@ dkellis: +1000 for efforts I like the description.
Old 2007-06-08, 21:04   Link #1407
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I have a few random speculations that I think need to be fact-checked, but I'm of the impression that for most of these, there really isn't any canon information. So I'm throwing these out to you people in the hopes that someone might spot a hole in it somewhere.

Also, if anyone has further insights or alterations about these thoughts (especially if you've thought of the same things before), feel free to chime in. Everything in here is purely my guesswork, and so I'm entirely willing to change or scrap as required.

I don't really have time to prettify these with a fiction frame, so you get the unadulterated versions.

Spoiler:

Next time, governance and culture. If I get around to them. (Exactly what is the Church a church of? What god(s) does it worship, and does it have a holy scripture? How many followers does it have, and does it evangelize?)

EDIT: When I say "TSAB tech level", I'm using it as a shorthand for "the current tech level for the Nanohaverse during the time of the series". I'm aware that the TSAB may not be the sole innovators of the tech they use.

EDIT THE SECOND: This is all an effort to guess what is canon enough for writing; in other words, I'm going to be using this in the assumption that it does not contradict canon. If anyone else has a different (even contrary) interpretation, please mention it, so we can compare notes.

If nothing else, it'll help if I randomly choose to feature any of your characters in random fillers, while using these assumptions.
Very well done! Everything seemed to be well accounted for. Though I'm not really sure if Lost Logia can be analyzed enough for commercial integration right now. I think it's classified as technology that is not applicable to common use because of the potential danger due to the lack of viable information. But then, I'm not really any surer than you about these matters.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-08, 21:16   Link #1408
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Very well done! Everything seemed to be well accounted for. Though I'm not really sure if Lost Logia can be analyzed enough for commercial integration right now. I think it's classified as technology that is not applicable to common use because of the potential danger because of the lack of viable information. But then, I'm not really any surer than you about these matters.
I was basing that assumption on the following:

- Scaglietti is using what looks like Jewel Seeds, or at least Jewel Seed facsimiles in the Drones. Jewel Seeds were, ten years prior to StrikerS, definitely Lost Logia. (They were also sealable, perhaps only by Raising Heart and Bardiche, but sealable nonetheless. Significant?) One wonders where he gets his equipment; it's not like he can Fedex them or something, and if he stole them, then they must have been used somewhere else first.

- Rein Zwei gets maintenance in episode 10. Maintenance implies maintenance equipment and procedures. Rein Zwei was part of the Book of Darkness, which was quite firmly stated to be Lost Logia. (In fact, if I remember correctly, it was Lost Logia that came from this current civilization, when the Book of the Night Sky, a generic book of spells, became sentient.) EDIT: Actually, never mind, I misremembered.

- Raising Heart's origins are fairly vague, but I've been told (several times) that RH was "dug up" by the Scrya clan during an excavation. This implies that it is a Lost Logia of some sort, or at least an artefact. And yet it can be easily interfaced with TSAB systems as well as any other Device.

So basically, you may be correct; Lost Logia are not completely understood, but are understood enough to be used by certain specialized people, rather than the common populace.
Old 2007-06-08, 21:22   Link #1409
Meophist

Quote:
- Rein Zwei gets maintenance in episode 10. Maintenance implies maintenance equipment and procedures. Rein Zwei was part of the Book of Darkness, which was quite firmly stated to be Lost Logia. (In fact, if I remember correctly, it was Lost Logia that came from this current civilization, when the Book of the Night Sky, a generic book of spells, became sentient.)
Reinforce Zwei is NOT a part of the Book of Darkness. It was created 2 years after the book was destroyed. Also, I don't believe they mentioned where the book originated. It was not a generic book of spells and it was sentient from the beginning.

The only information about Lost Logia I've heard of so far is that they all seem to have come from the lost civilization of Al Hazard.
Old 2007-06-08, 21:47   Link #1410
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Reinforce Zwei is NOT a part of the Book of Darkness. It was created 2 years after the book was destroyed. Also, I don't believe they mentioned where the book originated. It was not a generic book of spells and it was sentient from the beginning.

The only information about Lost Logia I've heard of so far is that they all seem to have come from the lost civilization of Al Hazard.
The Jewel Seeds were, in episode 2 of the first season, stated to be "relics from [Yuuno's] world". Al Hazard, in episode 13, is stated to be a "fairy tale world" (at least by Chrono), or at least a world of myth and legend, which may not actually exist. (The way the group were speaking, at the last episode of the first season, implies that Al Hazard's existence is still in question.) Therefore, not all Lost Logia come from Al Hazard.

The Book of Darkness was indeed sentient from the beginning (or at least implied to be so) as the "Tome of the Night Sky", and was meant to "travel all over the universe with its master collecting and studying spells" (episode 8 of A's), and went evil because one of the "later masters" altered its program for destruction. So yeah, I misremembered.

As for Rein Zwei, I was more contemplating about how a new creation at least based off of Rein the first managed to have a maintenance setup for her, but I suppose a lot can happen in ten (or eight) years.

EDIT: I just realized that "civilization of X" is not equal to "World X". However, I can't find anything through skimming episodes about Al Hazard spanning more than one world and having its existence confirmed, if only through the existence of Lost Logias; do you have a source?
Old 2007-06-08, 22:16   Link #1411
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

^ *is totally at loss * sorry, I don't follow the discussion well enough.

==================================

Hmm... since this thread need a bit of fun, why don't we get started with some filler stuffs?

Spoiler for Windtalkers 4koma: Oh Snap!:

Spoiler for Windtalkers 4koma: Grumpy Devices:

Spoiler for Windtalker 4koma: Kids...:

and...

Spoiler for Arthur/Lancelot 4koma: Emo:

somebody should really draw all of the OCs' 4komas
Old 2007-06-08, 23:19   Link #1412
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You just made my fingers freeze above keyboard with my brain desperately rethinking some moments in Act 4 My hopes are with Niddhogg's thick armor plating now
Don't hold yourself back because of that! Hope to see it, then Kha will react accordingly. Remember that he's on another mission now, so as much as he wants to go after Serge's head, if he does, there'll be limitations. He noes the difference between a small threat and one that might own the entire universe even with blood boiling.

I guess I need to hold a demo fight to show how the Cleric works... I noe! I'll dig out that one of Kha and Dio, though I'll need to get X's permission as well.

Quote:
Would you care to elaborate?

Nah. If you ask me, I'd actually say she's quite fond of the older man because of playing along to please her tsundere attitude.

*gets smacked by the Hayate Harisen MK 1, 2 and 3 simultaneously*

Unlike Aurion, I'm not sure if der Kleriker is cool headed enough not to try and lop Serge's head off when he sees him. Even giving Fate a little wound would spell DOOM! I'll leave this part to Kha and you; as I'm not a good judge of two potent combatants whose abilities I'm not wholly familiar with.
1. Lowe said the Necromnicon, commonly thought as a book, referred to the saved Necrons on in El Hazard/Alhazred. Considering that Arnie here just lacked the therapy those Necron went through, that why I said he's a "page" out of the great "book".

2. Noted. That's for the later bit. I'm only showing the turnaround after Arnie's first confused boot-up which was posted earlier.

3. Quote for truth. But if he had to decide between leaping into battle with "this small fry" which he could deal with later, and a "greater threat", Kha's jump in, "Guardian Angel" shield up, bark a few lines at Serge as he channels a warp spell to get the Aces to safety.

But as the saying goes, "A Velka blade never forgets."
Quote:
Sorry for the double post. But I'm putting up the first part of my little ficlet now.

Spoiler for Aurion Meets Caster: A Battle Ensues? part I:

Some comments and advice would be appreciated.
That really looked like Caster's magic gun. So much for mana conservation. It's all good and proper, just one question: why is Caster attacking Aurion, when she technically never met him before? The only reason I can think of is Anna ordered it, but that's still another stretch.

Quote:

Spoiler:

RE: Lost Logia

I agree with it totally, so I'll just add this on: I've speculated that the term Lost Logia came from the first "advanced" ancient civilisation the MC discovered, the Logi. They might have existed on MC, and as they pushed deeper into voidspace, they found more and more artefacts left by this grand race, and hence these items became known as Lost Logia. However, as time passed, more artefacts from other civilizations began showing up, and this term, being culturally ingrained, was expanded to include these items from the other races. I'm drawing parallels from several naming habits from Terran science, most notably human anatomy, which one body part could have up to 3 names depending on which nomenclature system was used.

Re: Infinite Library

That's a surprise. I never thought of the IL as stabilized voidspace, just a very very long automatic structure that no one bothered to sort, but considering how it seems to loop on and on, it might. This opens up opportunities for the Library to connect to other libraries in other universes, namely Library Island. (Yes the Library Exploration Club is soooo tempting )

Taking this idea to be true, a well placed terrorist attack on the Library will definitely have repercussions throughout Ordered Space. This is the idea your words and my extensions have given me.

Re: Travel

Sounds quite like navigational Psykers ne? Not to mention such thoughts require a heckload of mana to perform, so timeships with warp drives using this principle were developed to make interdimensional travel more efficient. This meant that ships below a certain class were too small to efficiently house these drives, and hence anything below a frigate is not transdimensional. As much as I'd like Firehawk to equate a fighter from Star Wars, being able to fly from planet to planet on its own, canon shows that its not possible.

Just my pseudo-scientifica $0.02 as usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
On Snow Wolf & Sitting Dragon:
I forgot to add this in that post: not just regular robot pilots, but they happen to be the best "Super Robot"-class pilots in their home planet. Yes, Gravia has the reputation for being Nanoha Universe' breeding ground for Super Robots pilots.

Which means.....

SW: Sitting Dragon!
SD: Snow Wolf!
*both super robots jump into the air*
SW/SD:YOSHAAAAA!!!!!!! FINAL FUSION!!!!!!!!

I just had to do this.
I thought SYMMETRICAL DOCKING! would be more appropiate.
Quote:
@ Kha: I assume you were talking about Annabelle, weren't you?

Kleuz: ahahahahaha! Fear my Unlimited Imperium Vault!!!1111oneone
Anna: *summons Meteor & Asteriod & Comet*
Kleuz: what the-- AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

fear the Meteor Loli

@ LoweGear: yes, I agree with you that he must explain on why Taiga's face is on his chest D:
1. No, Kluize's first mate Anna Wayne, whom he has quite a dysfunctional relationship with.

2. Coincidentally, it could've been something from the time he spent at Fuyuki City as Archer during an alternative timeline of FSN, and this isn't quite the forum to elab on.

RE: 4komas

I didn't get the first one.

The second one was better, certainly believable. (Wonder how much of this does Kha know because of the Whispers? )

The 3rd one was waiting to happen! Now the only problem seems to be that Lutecia is not the one defecting to Riot 6 mid-season, its that unidentified orange haired Arisa-class loli.

The Arthur/Lancelot got me in stitches! It's really like what it would've been if it was a 4koma. I certainly can imagine it in my mind Cloud and Sephie in a desert, talking, then... OMAKE! wahahahahaha...
Old 2007-06-08, 23:29   Link #1413
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
I thought SYMMETRICAL DOCKING! would be more appropiate.
you make it sound so wrong inside my head

Quote:
1. No, Kluize's first mate Anna Wayne, whom he has quite a dysfunctional relationship with.
Ah, now I get it. Though I'd really like to see my little Anna's reaction to Kleuz's antics.

Quote:
2. Coincidentally, it could've been something from the time he spent at Fuyuki City as Archer during an alternative timeline of FSN, and this isn't quite the forum to elab on.
yeah, I know that

Quote:
RE: 4komas
I didn't get the first one.
You don't have to worry of it, though. It's just one of the random moments with Azali (he's quite notorious for having the habit to appear beside people without warning).

Imagine having a date with someone only to find yourself... ambushed by Azali who then says "Oh, snap!"

Quote:
The second one was better, certainly believable. (Wonder how much of this does Kha know because of the Whispers? )
"Windtalkers Know All."

Quote:
The 3rd one was waiting to happen! Now the only problem seems to be that Lutecia is not the one defecting to Riot 6 mid-season, its that unidentified orange haired Arisa-class loli.
or in more correct term...

"A disaster waiting to happen."

EDIT:
what? It's the unidentified Arisa-class loli instead of Lutecia? This is madness! forgive my unstable state of mind....

Quote:
The Arthur/Lancelot got me in stitches! It's really like what it would've been if it was a 4koma. I certainly can imagine it in my mind Cloud and Sephie in a desert, talking, then... OMAKE! wahahahahaha...
Yeah, I know that.

Would like to work on more, but right now I have to finish Nanoha A's Combat's update. Damn, combining the best of both worlds is not as easy as you might think.

Last edited by USB500; 2007-06-08 at 23:40.
Old 2007-06-08, 23:41   Link #1414
Aaron008R

Quote:
^ *is totally at loss * sorry, I don't follow the discussion well enough.

==================================

Hmm... since this thread need a bit of fun, why don't we get started with some filler stuffs?

Spoiler for Windtalkers 4koma: Oh Snap!:
He just appeared like that?

Quote:
Spoiler for Windtalkers 4koma: Grumpy Devices:
I see the next stain on Laevatein and the next speck of dirt on Graf Eisen.

Quote:
Spoiler for Windtalker 4koma: Kids...:
Is Hikki corrupting Lutecia again?

Quote:
Spoiler for Arthur/Lancelot 4koma: Emo:
HAHA! Imagine Cloud and Sephiroth doing that! Hahaha! Win!

Quote:
1. Lowe said the Necromnicon, commonly thought as a book, referred to the saved Necrons on in El Hazard/Alhazred. Considering that Arnie here just lacked the therapy those Necron went through, that why I said he's a "page" out of the great "book".
Aha! I see now.

Quote:
2. Noted. That's for the later bit. I'm only showing the turnaround after Arnie's first confused boot-up which was posted earlier.
I'll be looking forward to it.

Quote:
3. Quote for truth. But if he had to decide between leaping into battle with "this small fry" which he could deal with later, and a "greater threat", Kha's jump in, "Guardian Angel" shield up, bark a few lines at Serge as he channels a warp spell to get the Aces to safety.

But as the saying goes, "A Velka blade never forgets."
It'll be a blast to see an enraged Kha against a sly Serge in battle! I wonder who would get the hax advantage?

Quote:
That really looked like Caster's magic gun. So much for mana conservation. It's all good and proper, just one question: why is Caster attacking Aurion, when she technically never met him before? The only reason I can think of is Anna ordered it, but that's still another stretch.
Kluize. He'll be doing some persuading on Anna about power levels, as well as making a script. Though of course I won't show them in the scenario.

I hope Hayate wasn't OOC in that.

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-06-08 at 23:54.
Old 2007-06-08, 23:41   Link #1415
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
RE: Lost Logia

I agree with it totally, so I'll just add this on: I've speculated that the term Lost Logia came from the first "advanced" ancient civilisation the MC discovered, the Logi. They might have existed on MC, and as they pushed deeper into voidspace, they found more and more artefacts left by this grand race, and hence these items became known as Lost Logia. However, as time passed, more artefacts from other civilizations began showing up, and this term, being culturally ingrained, was expanded to include these items from the other races. I'm drawing parallels from several naming habits from Terran science, most notably human anatomy, which one body part could have up to 3 names depending on which nomenclature system was used.
As an interesting exercise, look up the word "logia", then "logos", and then consider the full term "Lost Logia".

Yes, I know that the Nanohaverse may not be using actual Greek. But still, it's a fascinating train of thought, especially when coupled with the archaeology and information-sorting of the Scryas.

(If it isn't obvious by now, I'm very interested in fictional accounts and speculations regarding information and the handling thereof, with a side of cryptography. The Infinite Library portion of the Nanohaverse is just full of potential.)

Quote:
Re: Infinite Library

That's a surprise. I never thought of the IL as stabilized voidspace, just a very very long automatic structure that no one bothered to sort, but considering how it seems to loop on and on, it might. This opens up opportunities for the Library to connect to other libraries in other universes, namely Library Island. (Yes the Library Exploration Club is soooo tempting )

Taking this idea to be true, a well placed terrorist attack on the Library will definitely have repercussions throughout Ordered Space. This is the idea your words and my extensions have given me.
I have to admit that almost everything in there is based on No Evidence Whatsoever. I want to have some sort of canon evidence, based on some logic, but it looks like the workings of the Infinite Library may be put aside in StrikerS in favour of the Big Explosions.

Having said that, the Infinite Library speculations are central to my stories, which will focus quite a bit on the structure of the IL and the information within it. I'm already taking major liberties in trying to determine who has access rights and how access is granted (both in the popular security-type sense and the more literal "where's the door?" sense), and I need to have as few contradictions with canon as possible, as well as anything that I haven't thought about yet cleared up as soon as possible.

And yes, I've been toying with the idea of a directed attack on the IL or its maintained spells. This would cause a lot of havoc if effective, possibly enough to disrupt a lot of plot threads, and I'd reason that it will not be anywhere near easy to do, since I'm sure the TSAB has enough clear thinkers to realize that the IL should be guarded like the incredibly precious and dangerous resource it is.

It's the tension between wanting an open source of information to all, and wanting security. I figure that there will be several layers of redundancy and backup for the systems, and disaster may happen if an attack goes through enough of them.

Of course, maybe I'm all wrong anyway, and this is not how the IL works.

Quote:
Re: Travel

Sounds quite like navigational Psykers ne? Not to mention such thoughts require a heckload of mana to perform, so timeships with warp drives using this principle were developed to make interdimensional travel more efficient. This meant that ships below a certain class were too small to efficiently house these drives, and hence anything below a frigate is not transdimensional. As much as I'd like Firehawk to equate a fighter from Star Wars, being able to fly from planet to planet on its own, canon shows that its not possible.
The travel part of the speculation isn't as important to my stories, but I can't really skirt around the logistics forever. Pretty much all I need to know is how quickly one can get from Point A to Point B, assuming a set amount of resources; everything else is plain curiosity.

I get the feeling that the TSAB space navy more or less serve as mobile command posts, attached to Very Big Guns.

EDIT: Anyone want to post their own speculations? I'm especially interested in seeing the ones for the Belka. Specifically, what the religion of the Church entails.

EDIT THE SECOND: Random thought: Infinite Library Space is Virtual Space.

Run with it.
Old 2007-06-08, 23:53   Link #1416
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

ah! Time paradox! I had just quoted Kha's post when you quoted mine

Quote:
He just appeared like that?
Yes, he was.

Quote:
I see the next stain on Laevatein and the next speck of dirt on Graf Eisen.
The problem is, like Shin, Snow Wolf is so brutally honest and truthful. I think he may find himself in trouble with the Wolkenritters in the future

Quote:
Is Hikki corrupting Lutecia again?
After agreering to help Lutecia....
Nanoha: you really do like Lutecia, don't you?
Hikki: ..............
Nanoha: well?
Hikki: *frowns & blushes* I can't resist her puppy eyes....
Nanoha:

Quote:
HAHA! Imagine Cloud and Sephiroth doing that! Hahaha! Win!
It indeed is the winner

Quote:
EDIT: Anyone want to post their own speculations? I'm especially interested in seeing the ones for the Belka. Specifically, what the religion of the Church entails.

EDIT THE SECOND: Random thought: Infinite Library Space is Virtual Space.

Run with it.
would like to share my thoughts here, but I don't have much time to spend *college's gonna close in 10 minutes & I have to finish whatever I started before I head home *
Old 2007-06-09, 00:05   Link #1417
Aaron008R

Quote:
After agreering to help Lutecia....
Nanoha: you really do like Lutecia, don't you?
Hikki: ..............
Nanoha: well?
Hikki: *frowns & blushes* I can't resist her puppy eyes....
Nanoha:
Like anyone could.
Silent-moe types are quite hard to put down once they start using their specialty.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-09, 00:20   Link #1418
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Wahh!! So many posts to catch up on. Tshouryuu gets KO by Bluecheese. Anyway, here is Tais again. extremely lame story this time imho. Just not inspired I guess.

Spoiler for Confessions can be embarrassing or Good day milady:

Sorry Kha for using your characters without permission

Btw can you leave Tais alone for a while, I got something planned for him.
Spoiler for Next victims:
Old 2007-06-09, 00:31   Link #1419
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Wahh!! So many posts to catch up on. Tshouryuu gets KO by Bluecheese. Anyway, here is Tais again. extremely lame story this time imho. Just not inspired I guess.

Can this guy get any more unlucky?
And even just the mere thought of CARYM being ANGRY sends chills down my spine.

Who's next after the duo? Signum?

Good work!

Quote:
Seems like I'll have to end my log here as Tais finally found a pub to hide in. Hopefully he won't get into trouble here but that is as likely as a 10 year old boy with a harem of 31 girls.
WIN!

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-06-09 at 00:49.
Old 2007-06-09, 00:42   Link #1420
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post

oh my god, Father Anderson is on the loose Poor Tais, he always gets bad streak of luck whenever he's around

I demand a Signum, too
Closed Thread