AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-03, 19:55   Link #1
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Do you ever get curious about closed threads?

What I mean is, have you ever decided to read a thread just because it was locked?

Sometimes the mods come up with funny and creative ways of closing threads ^_^ My personal favourite is the "thread glocked" one! Hurrah for Ashibaka for making that graphic!

(Hmm, what a poor attempt at a useful thread :'()
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 20:08   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
What I mean is, have you ever decided to read a thread just because it was locked?

Sometimes the mods come up with funny and creative ways of closing threads ^_^ My personal favourite is the "thread glocked" one! Hurrah for Ashibaka for making that graphic!

(Hmm, what a poor attempt at a useful thread :'()
Yes! I make sure I read just about every locked thread I see. The moderators sometimes make some pretty interesting comments. I'd say my favorite one thus far is NoSanninWa's "I'm closing this thread for excessive stupidity."

Yes, it is a poor attempt at a useful thread. Very, very poor... *scolds JAppi some more* I also don't think you've done enough ff7799ification to it. You need to work on that too.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 20:10   Link #3
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I personally like NoSanninWa's closing of the recent riddle thread.

Edit by NoSanninWa: Yeah.... I was proud of that one also. Solve That Riddle?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 20:31   Link #4
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
I probably would have enjoyed the riddle closing more if I hadn't been about to submit my post with what I thought was the answer. ROFL But it was pretty good. I tend to read locked threads out of curiousity, but often feel dumber for having done so.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 20:42   Link #5
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Yes, it is a poor attempt at a useful thread. Very, very poor... *scolds JAppi some more* I also don't think you've done enough ff7799ification to it. You need to work on that too.
Sorry, I used good grammar and I should have ended it with a !!!!

Everyone! Please forgive me!

I wonder what will happen if this thread gets closed and everyone reads it later?

For links to threads that have been closed, just check out all the threads I've created. (Something like 1 in 3 of them are locked )

The worst part of closed threads is the dreaded write a long meaningful reply only to press the button and realize that it's been closed!

Last edited by JAppi; 2004-04-03 at 20:44. Reason: Gwavie is cute!
Old 2004-04-03, 20:44   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Yes They're usualy the most intresting threads. Never missed one ^^

As for the Mods intresting comment it depends..

Spoiler:

but that just my opinion. I like (Him-Her or that epicurian) anyway.

All closed threads are good exept when its yours ^_______________^
Old 2004-04-03, 20:50   Link #7
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
but that just my opinion. I like (Him-Her or that epicurian) anyway.
Has anyone ever noticed the growing trend in mods with genders we cannot decipher?

Last edited by JAppi; 2004-04-03 at 21:08.
Old 2004-04-03, 21:02   Link #8
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:

That would be the sole reason for me to read a specific thread at all most of the time. I mean what's better then a nice evening in front of your pc, some popcorn and a random
Spoiler:
drink, nice music of random genre and browsing through deliciously massive flame wars with an equally vicious and gloriously sarcastic thread-close no jutsu?
BTW my personal favs are the thread kills of xris and NoSanninWa, but that's just the subjective opinion of my humble self^^
Ohh, plus the thread doesn't need to be flame war at all, as long as it is really silly
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 21:08   Link #9
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I go to the close threads first. The best ones are the ones that don't get closed right away but after a few pages.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 21:23   Link #10
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i read every closed thread they're usually pretty funny but i am more curious about deleted threads and posts
Old 2004-04-03, 23:06   Link #11
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
The worst part of closed threads is the dreaded write a long meaningful reply only to press the button and realize that it's been closed!
That's happenned to me a couple times...and both times i was completely confused as to why my post wouldn't go through...one time i think i tried posting it like 2 or 3 times before i realized the thread was closed

and as for closed threads...if i read it from the beginning then i'll read the majority of the posts...or just look for quotes and see people's replies...other then that...i just go to the last page and see what the last comment on there was...for the most part it's just the mod's comment that i'm curious about
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 23:54   Link #12
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
That's happenned to me a couple times...and both times i was completely confused as to why my post wouldn't go through...one time i think i tried posting it like 2 or 3 times before i realized the thread was closed
Sometimes I start to think I'm banned. Other times, it's true and I *really* am banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
and as for closed threads...if i read it from the beginning then i'll read the majority of the posts...or just look for quotes and see people's replies...other then that...i just go to the last page and see what the last comment on there was...for the most part it's just the mod's comment that i'm curious about
I like to read the first page or two to find out what it was orginally about then I'll go to the last page and work my way backwards until I can find out where the flame war started.
Old 2004-04-04, 00:35   Link #13
wao
OK.

Yeah, locked threads are sometimes interesting. I use the very handy little feature where you hover over a topic title and you can see the first post... so then I see if it's interesting and then I go and read and learn. Hehe. Apparently I don't learn enough because I still can get threads of mine locked, even though I've only made like less than 10 threads on Animesuki in my entire life.

Of course, some are really not interesting....

I have to agree too, the mods here are really good at making witty closing comments . Really cool.

(And for the record, I'd be very surprised if NoSanninWa, xris, Dranz, ElvenPath/Sway/AST/whateverthehell, Keitaro, Lefteris_D, Rama, Flash_Squirrel, GHDpro, Mb81 and NightWish were girls.)
(I don't know who Animaniac is and I'm pretty sure Hellychan is a girl.)
(...that's not a lot of girls)
Old 2004-04-04, 01:31   Link #14
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
(And for the record, I'd be very surprised if NoSanninWa, xris, Dranz, ElvenPath/Sway/AST/whateverthehell, Keitaro, Lefteris_D, Rama, Flash_Squirrel, GHDpro, Mb81 and NightWish were girls.)
(I don't know who Animaniac is and I'm pretty sure Hellychan is a girl.)
(...that's not a lot of girls)
It's quite obvious that all the mods are guys except Hellychan.
You just need to read them to see it through their speech
Old 2004-04-04, 03:24   Link #15
wao
OK.

And to tell you the truth I'm very relieved we have such nice, tolerant, relatively level-headed mods here because imagine if we had kcl822 as a mod... oh gosh, I'd have to borrow an entire censorship board from a country, and JAppi would have been killed a few thousand times by now .

Now I know if she sees this she's going to hit me with something...

Sometimes it's sad when a thread is going on quite fine but then because of some posts it gets locked. Sometimes those posts are deleted and the thread left open, but then someone bitches about it again and the thread gets closed...
Old 2004-04-04, 03:57   Link #16
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Ahhh yay! Locked threads One of the best kind of threads :P ... most of the time i will just skip to the end of the thread to see the witty comment but if its interesting enough i will skim it!
Does anyone get curious about DELETED threads?! i do sometimes but yeh i know they are mostly spam!
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 04:39   Link #17
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
It's quite obvious that all the mods are guys except Hellychan.
You just need to read them to see it through their speech
I doubt that, women are most likely to deny their gender. ^^
Men on the other side like to say the are manly and usualy say it loud..

Thats why I think NoSanninWa is a girl.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-04, 06:02   Link #18
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
I doubt that, women are most likely to deny their gender. ^^
Men on the other side like to say the are manly and usualy say it loud..

Thats why I think NoSanninWa is a girl.

Spoiler:
Well actually NoSanninWa doesn't seems to are about this, you can call him a guy/girl even if it's wrong you won't see any answer
I've been also called a guy or a girl myself too, but didn't say which one was wrong
Old 2004-04-04, 06:39   Link #19
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Spoiler:
NoSanninWa is just too smart.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 08:05   Link #20
Joe Dalton

Its actualy been said once if its a guy or a girl
Go forth and search
As far as closing threads go I am sometimes curious if its a weeee... OK for the larger part based on their personal feelings 2 the person and not if its actualy a fun or usefull post...
I mean I have seen some seriously stupid threads get through and some others locked for no particular reason
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote