AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 22:34   Link #1141
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Yes, it's the same timeline as the ending of S;G.

Anyways, the incredibly contrived events leading up to next week's climax aside, I still enjoy the show to some degree if I think of it as less of a sci-fi drama, and more of a light sci-fi slice of life.

Not much to say in response to this week's episode. It was the calm before the storm, as Kai gets his kiss and goes off to vanquish Misa. I guess all those times he's fought Tagringer over the course of the series is going to finally do him some good.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 00:47   Link #1142
EroKing

Old 2013-03-15, 01:02   Link #1143
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
I know this may be a really late but what was Steins Gate Steins number, because if i remember correctly Robotics Notes is in timeline ~1.0436... so is that the same as the Steins Gate timeline? This may have been already gone over as people said they are in the same timeline but i just got back to the anime and dont remember, as i am going to marathon it today.
This is within Stein's;gate timeline. But nothing about Stein's;gate is mentioned in R;N. Watcinh S;G won't help you understand R;N since its two different stories. It just has crossover characters. Like how Chaos;Head characters appeared in Stein's;Gate and vice versa.

Spoiler for :
Old 2013-03-15, 01:05   Link #1144
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Halfway through the episode I was cursing the writer.

All I have to say...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ok, now that I have that off my chest...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That. Was. Beautiful.

And dear god I wanted it.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 03:09   Link #1145
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Kai, you magnificent bastard. That was the best thing ever.
Old 2013-03-15, 05:01   Link #1146
bastek66

Little comparison with Steins;Gate
Spoiler for kiss scenes:
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 07:47   Link #1147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Honestly, anyone not satisfied with that one is probably hopelessly beyond this series' reach. That was fucking magnificent.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 08:30   Link #1148
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Honestly, anyone not satisfied with that one is probably hopelessly beyond this series' reach. That was fucking magnificent.
Furugoori: Die, normal flags!
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 08:54   Link #1149
Gohan78
Awakened One

For me this series is bipolar: excellent character drama, awful plot.
Once again, Kimijima chatted with his enemies and failed to kill them. I know that the good guys must win, but I don't like when the good guys win only because the bad guy is an idiot.

I'd rather have 22 episodes of slice of life centered on the Robotics Club members, 'cause they are all lovable. The sci-fi plot just doesn't work.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:41   Link #1150
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

R;N feels like the answer to the question "What would it be like if Adachi Mitsuru wrote a giant mecha anime?" If you're the sort of person who gets a little thrill out of that prospect, this series was probably right up your alley. If you're the sort that's either bored or horrified at the idea, well...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:43   Link #1151
sikvod00

Kai is such a stand-up guy! This is coming from someone who didn't really like his standoffish, aloof personality in the beginning. I find it a little funny how his VA also voices the male lead in Haganai, and that character is becoming increasingly lame (especially after the recent episode).
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:45   Link #1152
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 21 - Boy, Become a Legend

(Keeping this titling up for 21 episodes has had its last minute scrapes, but I know what I'm saving for last.)

My favorite scene of the episode was actually near the episode's start. The scene where Akiho bestowed the name of "Super GunBuild-1" upon the robot. The one who's comparable to Rintaro/Kyouma is probably her. Someone who at first masquerades as a fiction character because, hey, it's fun, but eventually becomes that character through sheer persistence and willpower (and some luck). I don't think the "Super" is bad at all - Aki's and my thought processes have aligned for much of the series, and here is no exception. I'm not much of a shipper, but I am slightly disappointed that Jun's name wasn't even brought up in the list of people that Aki thought Kai might have been interested in. Junna needs more love! But the first episode has come to pass, and the time for some real super robotting is here. I'm looking forward to what's sure to be an exciting final battle. The scene where Airi said goodbye to her digital self was also pretty touching. Her road to recovery is a bit tougher than, say, Frau's, but it's not impossible. A fine entry in the Science Adventure series, and I wouldn't be opposed to a fourth one. But I don't want to sound premature. There's still one more episode to go.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:07   Link #1153
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, Kai has his Slo-Mo as his trump card to avoid SUMERAGI’s attacks in order to get close to it? That’s nice, but my question is: can the Super Gunpro 1 keep up with his fast response? If it can, then those people has build a pretty darn good robot LOL. Even in a series as fantastical as MS Gundam, this issue is addressed as Amuro Ray (some episodes into the series) said that RX-78-2 Gundam can no longer keep up with his reflexes as a newtype. His complain points out that even a superior robot has its limits when it comes to movement-synchronization with the pilot’s quick response. I mean, RX-78-2 Gundam is so well-build that it can run, jump, and even kicks the enemy MSs without trouble but still not enough for incredibly fast-responsive pilot like Amuro, while Kai has his out-of-this-world Slo-Mo. How can the lumbering Super Gunpro 1 keep up with him?

(Nobody needs to answer that btw. I’d like to find the answer myself in the next episode. I’m just posting it out of curiosity.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
For me this series is bipolar: excellent character drama, awful plot.
Once again, Kimijima chatted with his enemies and failed to kill them. I know that the good guys must win, but I don't like when the good guys win only because the bad guy is an idiot.

I'd rather have 22 episodes of slice of life centered on the Robotics Club members, 'cause they are all lovable. The sci-fi plot just doesn't work.
I also agree with this.

I enjoy this series for what it is, but the sci-fi aspect is quite silly for a series that took the science element rather seriously.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:12   Link #1154
Midonin
Last Engage

Sometimes it's good to have imperfections. And just because something is silly doesn't mean it can't also be serious, though the other way around is unfortunately the norm in an internet that snarks at everything. (I do, too, but Aki's way of viewing things is the best way to go about it.) Even silly stuff still has a message, has work put into it, and can be just as inspiring. I'd argue even moreso.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:33   Link #1155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For someone who can fully enjoy Gurren Lagann and its craziness, I certainly can enjoy some silliness mixed with seriousness in my anime. Gurren Lagann is good because it knows when it’s time to be silly and when it’s time to be serious, while R;N often uses silly science/logic and silly character-actions when it’s supposed to be serious. Of course our opinions may vary but that’s just how I view this anime (so far). Also, I never said or implied that silly things don’t have message. Hell, even some silliness in series like Crayon Shin-chan and Kobo-chan still has message.
Old 2013-03-15, 12:37   Link #1156
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
while Kai has his out-of-this-world Slo-Mo. How can the lumbering Super Gunpro 1 keep up with him?
You may have brought up one of Kai's challenges in the upcoming battle. (Just speculation. I don't know and, like you, I want to find out the answer for myself in the next episode.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:41   Link #1157
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Little comparison with Steins;Gate
Spoiler for kiss scenes:
Excellent comparison. I didn't realize how similar these scenes played out until I saw that.

I hope the last episode is great.

Since this is all happening in the Steins Gate timeline, I wonder if Okabe knows what is going on? Maybe Nae is keeping all this stuff to herself and not telling the others?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:50   Link #1158
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
For someone who can fully enjoy Gurren Lagann and its craziness, I certainly can enjoy some silliness mixed with seriousness in my anime. Gurren Lagann is good because it knows when it’s time to be silly and when it’s time to be serious, while R;N often uses silly science/logic and silly character-actions when it’s supposed to be serious.
I don't buy that just because elements are separate that they have to stay separate. That R;N mixes them is something that I see as a plus.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:00   Link #1159
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I don't buy that just because elements are separate that they have to stay separate. That R;N mixes them is something that I see as a plus.
I already had enough of this “silly & non-silly things in R;N” arguments in the previous pages, so I’ll just say this now: You don’t buy it, but I do. Plain and simple. Now let’s move on.
Old 2013-03-15, 14:45   Link #1160
ookamigirl

Sister Centipede met her end.
Misaki still Kimijima's puppet.
She's stuck even worse now that sister Centipede is gone.
Kimijima continued with his wicked plan.
Super GunPro-1 was finally finished with some style.
Kai piloting the mecha fight, nice!
OMG! Kai's confession to Aki was kinda sweet.
The kiss was perfect... ^///^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction