AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-05, 09:56   Link #61
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I'm liking the new TV+yellow+retro theme for Persona 4 already. Though, I hope I won't get overwhelmed when I actually play the game...
(Then again, Persona 3 had a dominant theme of blood+blue, right? )

Incomplete info, but a nice start. Shujinkou's video depicts his first summoning scene (Izanagi), Yosuke's video depicts him... riding his bicycle while holding an umbrella (painful ending too), and Chie's video.... not sure. I think he's trying to give something to her, then running off?

The school (along with everything else) looks a tad darker in shade, compared to Gekkoukan and Bay City...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 13:39   Link #62
astranagun

From what they said in gametrailer
Spoiler for Chie:

Last edited by astranagun; 2008-04-15 at 12:01.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:13   Link #63
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I'm hoping for a more complex S Link system. The invisible point based system where every outcome would work okay was too bland, needs changing. GF S Links should be longer and more rewarding and maybe set so that you have to stick with that girl. Better replay value would come from that.

Also, hopefully those aren't the final sketches of the main characters. Even though odd and quirky is a past time for Atlus, stylish seemed to emerge from P3, and it should stay that way, or at least improve from there.

Even though this game may already be deep into production, someone could always pull a Miyamoto and make the game better.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 17:35   Link #64
jhefty

Persona 4

Persona 4 is the fifth video game in the Persona console RPG series. The game was developed and published by Atlus Co. for the Sony PlayStation 2 console system. Rather than the city locales of previous games in the series, Persona 4 will take place in a fictional Japanese countryside. It has been said to feature a weather forecast system with events happening on misty days to replace the moon phase system (with events happening on full moons in Persona 3) implemented in the previous games. Its theme is a suspenseful countryside murder mystery with multiple twists and turns in the plot.

Spoiler for From Famitsu:
for more info visit here

Trailer
This is pretty long but you're gonna like it ... well enjoy
jhefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 17:38   Link #65
jhefty

OMG duplicate thread !!! my bad

kindly remove or merge thread tnx I'm just new here....
jhefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:03   Link #66
Kagedanji

I've gotten used to the character designs now. It still makes me wonder how Persona's main characters always get special dress code privileges in their schools. Chie gets to have a green jacket during winter that sticks out like a sore thumb, yet no one notices. Chie only wears the summer fuku. The same was with Yukari. I believe Yukiko gets to wear her red jacket at school too. I forget if she actually wears the school's fukus or not.

Also, I've heard that the main character has an official name, Daisuke Nakamura (In English order). Could this be true? We can't name him, or is this just like a default name?
Old 2008-04-23, 20:31   Link #67
Rayneing
Trombe!

Whatever it is, it saves me the trouble of thinking of one. And I am a lazy person.

I'm hoping that in Persona 4, there are Social Links for all of your allies, and not just the girls. It'd be nice to get to know all the other characters outside of the plot.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 20:54   Link #68
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
I've gotten used to the character designs now. It still makes me wonder how Persona's main characters always get special dress code privileges in their schools. Chie gets to have a green jacket during winter that sticks out like a sore thumb, yet no one notices. Chie only wears the summer fuku. The same was with Yukari. I believe Yukiko gets to wear her red jacket at school too. I forget if she actually wears the school's fukus or not.

Also, I've heard that the main character has an official name, Daisuke Nakamura (In English order). Could this be true? We can't name him, or is this just like a default name?
The only people I recall from the P3 cast who were like that would be... obviously, Aigis, who wears the winter uniform regardless of season, Mitsuru, who's perpetually wearing that frilly blouse and red ribbon. And let's not forget Akihiko and his perpetually worn red vest.

(And speaking of Akihiko, he still sports the same haircut and vest 10 years later in Persona -trinity soul-! )

A default name is also nice... but having a default name AND the choice to change his name would be better, imho. Just wishful thinking though.

By the way, seems like they updated the P4 website with Yukiko's profile, among other things. She seems to be quite a refined lass... being the daughter of a well known hotel.

I've also heard that there's an Easter Egg hidden somewhere in the P4 website's main page... you need to visit it at midnight (or set your PC's clock around midnight). Hmm...
Old 2008-04-23, 21:02   Link #69
Kagedanji

Aki doesn't keep the vest, does he? I know that he keeps his gloves.
Old 2008-04-23, 21:21   Link #70
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Aki doesn't keep the vest, does he? I know that he keeps his gloves.
I guess he does, doesn't he... Well, at least we know that Akihiko didn't change much from his high school days.

That reminds me, what was the name of Yukiko's Persona again..?
Old 2008-04-23, 23:18   Link #71
Kagedanji

I read it maybe an hour or two ago and forgot. Of course it has something to do with a historical figure like the other MCs.

By the way, Nakamura isn't Daisuke's surname, it's Namikawa. I read it wrong.

Namikawa Daisuke, much better.
Old 2008-04-24, 07:19   Link #72
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Namikawa Daisuke... huh?
Ah, so he's voicing Shujinkou this time around.

I was a bit confused... I thought the MC's default name WAS Namikawa Daisuke.

According to Wiki, he has voiced quite a few male characters in games and anime. Including Ulquiorra, Barrel Orland (from Another Century's Episode 3), and surprisingly for me... the other Vayne from Mana Khemia.

Interestingly, Akira Ishida (who played the real Vayne in Mana Khemia) was the Shujinkou's VA in Persona 3.

Hmm.. I can imagine Vayne or Barrel being the Protagonist now...
Old 2008-04-24, 08:08   Link #73
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I call yourself lucky --- we here in the UK had Persona 3 released just a few weeks ago. No sign of FES being released here, though hopefully it will --- along with Persona 4 in the distant future.
Yeah seriously. I feel so gayed by that. :| P4 looks tight grafic wise even more so then P3 to my surprise. Since I was expecting more of the same. Rather have the game come out for the PS3 though(need more game justify that buy dammit)..This looks nice 2 though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 09:53   Link #74
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Oh... isn't it better to have a default name??
So when someone speak the name of the protagonist they won't skip the name...
I wonder.... Will the MC be silent like the MC from Persona 3 or not....
Ahh... It'll be really nice if they make the voice still Japanese and the text in English...(like the games from NisAmerica)
I like the Japanese voice better...
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 09:55   Link #75
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
I've also heard that there's an Easter Egg hidden somewhere in the P4 website's main page... you need to visit it at midnight (or set your PC's clock around midnight). Hmm...
-At midnight, the sky changes to black w/ red stripes (instead of the usual day to day weather changes)
-At midnight, you can click on whatever characters are on the top page and they'll say a little sound bit.
-Real surprise: If you go the site on a rainy day and wait till midnight, then refresh your browser, you can click on the tv and watch a short clip from the game (cinematic most likely)

I've only done it once, so I've only seen one clip, but I've seen a screenshot of another one as well, both were cinematics.
Old 2008-04-24, 16:54   Link #76
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Oh... isn't it better to have a default name??
So when someone speak the name of the protagonist they won't skip the name...
I wonder.... Will the MC be silent like the MC from Persona 3 or not....
Ahh... It'll be really nice if they make the voice still Japanese and the text in English...(like the games from NisAmerica)
I like the Japanese voice better...
I think the tought behind it is; that you are the main character. You decide what your personality is. You decide how cool you are, how smart you are, who you want as friends, etc. The game is all about how you would be(unless you play with walktroughs ofcourse). Atleast P3 was that, I don't really mind it either way. I get where you come from, but I also get where the devs come from.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 22:09   Link #77
Kagedanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Namikawa Daisuke... huh?
Ah, so he's voicing Shujinkou this time around.

I was a bit confused... I thought the MC's default name WAS Namikawa Daisuke.

According to Wiki, he has voiced quite a few male characters in games and anime. Including Ulquiorra, Barrel Orland (from Another Century's Episode 3), and surprisingly for me... the other Vayne from Mana Khemia.

Interestingly, Akira Ishida (who played the real Vayne in Mana Khemia) was the Shujinkou's VA in Persona 3.

Hmm.. I can imagine Vayne or Barrel being the Protagonist now...
I thought it was his name too. I was led to believe that it was and that the seiyuu was some dude named Shotaro Morikubo.
Old 2008-04-25, 04:27   Link #78
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Some new info about how the story starts. They can't fit into their own TVs

Spoiler for how the story begins:
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 05:11   Link #79
Rayneing
Trombe!

Hahaha, wow, this is sounding pretty interesting actually. Normally, going inside TV WURLD (tm) is a pretty crappy plot, but for some reason, it sounds like they're doing a good job of it. Also, I still can't tell if I hate Kuma or not.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 08:27   Link #80
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Some new info about how the story starts. They can't fit into their own TVs

Spoiler for how the story begins:
I wonder if they all jump/leap/crawl into the TV screen at the same time, in order for them to be sent to the same place. For some reason, this reminds me of Digimon S2. ^_^;

Also, gimmick of jumping "into" the TV screens = reversal for The Ring's Sadako?

Tags
ps2