AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-03, 10:40   Link #121
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
And the only way she really can, as much as it sort of annoys me. As much as I feel Tohru's reaching out to Akito is likely to be her "get out of jail free card" (no pun intended) Tohru is just a teenage girl, not a trained psychologist or mental health health expert. Not to mention this is an anime, and I don't expect it it to go there either way sadly.
Yeah, Tohru's greatest gift is her empathy, and that's what ultimately got through to Akito in a way the breaking of the Zodiac or Shigure's manipulations really couldn't at least without probably breaking her down into nothing.

Tohru is nothing like Akito but she could relate to a crippling fear of loneliness and self-doubt, which is how Tohru was able to understand and connect with her. Tohru was probably the only person who really could.
Old 2021-06-07, 14:42   Link #122
SidVicious
Anime addict

Episode 10 was delayed.

https://twitter.com/Funimation/statu...46634825707526
Old 2021-06-07, 15:03   Link #123
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

"First baseball disrupts my anime, now tennis???" Izumi Konata is not pleased.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-07, 18:33   Link #124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't get why the simulcasters announced it at the last minute. Surely that was something the channel had planned to do for some time.
Old 2021-06-07, 20:38   Link #125
Frontier

I love how Kimi asks what Tohru is to Yuki and Kakeru just plainly says she's his mom .

Seeing a soft-spoken, contrite, Akito meeting Tohru's friends and explaining what (more or less) happened was...unexpected. I know people thought about having Tohru's friends take Akito out, but we're kind of past the point where that's necessary, now it's more about accepting what's happened and moving on. Also Hanajima being able to tell Akito is a woman is so Hanajima .

Arisa finally finds out just how much about Kureno she didn't know and how he's had this really deep, complicated life, outside his relationship with her. But that doesn't deter her as she finally reunites with him, planning to be with him as he moves on from Akito and be an active part of the rest of his life rather than a footnote and a bystander .

Haru is amazing as always, talking about his girlfriend changing colors in worry or bragging about her boobs getting bigger (and we're talking about Rin, whose rack is already amazing) so casually...and then just ordering pizza while his buddies are beating the tar out of each other upstairs .

Yuki understands Kyo's circumstances but he lays in on him for not seeing Tohru and running away again, and both boys finally admit the true tragedy of their relationship...for all the resentment and anger they held towards each other, deep down they admired and wanted to be more like each other. But even with that in mind, there's something Kyo can do that Yuki can't despite how "perfect" Kyo always viewed Yuki...and that's making Tohru happier than anyone else .

But before Kyo can see Tohru, he has to finally resolve the root of his trauma and deal with his scumbag of a father, whose still volatile and blaming Kyo for every problem in his life, but this leads Kyo to realize that he wasn't the cause for his mother's suicide because his father was abusing her and treating them both like trash because Kyo was the Cat. And it leads to Kyo finally realizing the folly of his self-hate and of thinking things would've been better off if he was dead, because he wishes his mother hadn't killed herself. It took a long way to get here, but Kyo finally forgives himself, leaves his birth dad behind, and moves on .

Of course Hiro tells Kisa he doesn't have the curse, and that doesn't change anything about their adorable and wholesome realtionship...well, other than the fact they can't touch, but hopefully Kisa's curse breaks soon and they can finally be together in the most wholesome and sweet way possible .

Akito finally making reparations by freeing Kyo from having to be caged for being the Cat and that he's free to live life as he sees fit. If only that head servant could have changed, maybe things would've been better for the Sohma's family, but now she's stuck in a fruitless rut while Akito is trying to move on and change into a better person .

Both Kyo and Yuki are ruminating in their feelings and realizing that, for all the mistakes they made in the past, the only solution is to move forward and find something, or someone, to live for and be with. For Yuki, that's Machi, as he runs to see her when she calls him, and for Kyo, it's Tohru, as he finally sees her come out of the hospital .

Of course, Tohru and Kyo finally see each other, and then Tohru immediately freaks out and runs away so Kyo has to chase out of her. These two dorks are so incredibly awkward and genuine that it's hilarious and super cute. I can't wait for the long-awaited resolution of their relationship next week .
Old 2021-06-08, 17:02   Link #126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Confronting his dad allowed Kyo to remember he was treating his mom like trash and that's the real reason she killed herself. I'm guessing something similar will happen in regards to Kyoko. In any case, that's one less thing for him to be tormented about. He said he'd come visit his dad again, but he shouldn't bother. That kind of person is hopeless and can only hurt the people around them. But I guess if Akito gets to have a fresh start, anyone is fair game.
Old 2021-06-08, 20:30   Link #127
Wandering Soul

Now that they have finally had their long overdue confrontation, hopefully Yuki and Kyo can get to building a proper relationship. It already spurned Kyo to confront his scumbag father and get a new perspective on his mother's suicide.

It's funny how Tohru can give an entire monologue on how much she loves Kyo after falling from a cliff, but when face to face with him goes running.
Old 2021-06-08, 20:47   Link #128
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well another fight between Kyo and Yuki this one more serious

Kyo's dad is a drunk ass Kyo really should of punch him
Old 2021-06-14, 13:07   Link #129
Frontier

Tohru was fully prepared for things to go back to normal and to be able smile at Kyo like normal, but she still felt so sad and anguished at the thought of not being able to be with him and live by his side. She loved him so much, even though she had resigned herself to being rejected by him, that she could only run away when she saw him again. This poor girl .

I love how that mom and daughter looked at Tohru running from Kyo and called it out as her rejecting him. Sorry Kyo, but you kind of deserved that .

But Kyo finally makes it up to Tohru by apologizing for his mistake and for all the times he ran away, and properly confesses to her, and the pair come together in their mutual love of each other. We even get another sweet and heartfelt kiss between the two, which is also kind of funny because Tohru actually wasn't conscious enough to remember their first kiss. But I'm sure there will be plenty more kisses in the future .

Tohru's love for Kyo is invincible, and with that love and Tohru by his side, Kyo can be invincible as well and right when the couple finally hug, that invincibility comes true in a way they couldn't expect as Kyo doesn't transform...

We flashback to the original banquet that started it all, coming from a God that was just lonely and isolated and wanted to continue to enjoy the companionship he found with a certain group of animals, but the infamous Cat that they all ended up shunning turns out to have been God's first companion and the one who understood what the others didn't. There's no sense in an eternal banquet because life is beautiful for it's finality and for living and moving on rather than trying to keep things eternal and unchanging. And they didn't understand this until the Cat had died and well after what began as a promise and oath turned into a curse burden on the Zodiac. It's really kind of sad .

But Akito, the current God, has finally made a decision to move forward and not be held down by the bonds of the Zodiac and her own status as the God, to instead move forward and just be herself. And with that state in mind, the bond finally breaks .

We flash to many different Sohma's as they react to losing the curse...Ayame can finally embrace and profess his love for Mine, Ritsu (dressed like a guy) shows up in focus for the first time in forever, Kisa and Hiro are together with Hiro's little sister, Haru and Rin are of course together, Hattori is alone and bearing with it (and now he can definitely see Mayu again), and Shigure is gripping with what loss feels like. It's finally time to move on from an eternal promise and truly live as free people .

And what better way to sum up the end of the curse than by Kyo ripping his bracelet apart and finally leaving behind the curse of the cat ?

Hiroshi Kamiya as God narrates the end as the Sohma's kind of come together with the curse broken, and God states that it was never supposed to be a curse but thanks all those involved for being there for him and finally understands what the Cat meant. And the final God of this banquet has a true friend who can be there for her and help comfort her loss in Tohru .

We didn't see Yuki at all this episode, so I'm guessing the next episode will show his reaction to the curse ending, especially since he was probably with Machi. Looks like we'll also hear Kyoko too .
Old 2021-06-14, 13:20   Link #130
SidVicious
Anime addict

Perfect episode.
Old 2021-06-14, 18:45   Link #131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a great pay-off after all those episodes. I really liked the backstory, which revealed the cat that everyone reviled so much turned out to be the God's closest and wisest friend. Confirms once again Kyo is best boy.

Now that the main plot is resolved, the subplot I'm looking forward to the most is Momiji's. Too bad the ED apparently spoiled everything about the fate of each character though.
Old 2021-06-14, 21:12   Link #132
Wandering Soul

So in the end the reason the cat was so reviled was because it was the wisest of the zodiacs and the one that actually had everyone's best interest in mind.

Everyone's curse is finally broken and we're even getting all the romantic resolutions. The real major one we're missing is Yuki's and that will most likely be covered next episode. Guess all that's is to just tie a nice bow on all of this.
Old 2021-06-14, 21:19   Link #133
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well at less Kyou can run faster then Tohru to get a head of her using a roundabout route

Such a pitiful god
Old 2021-06-18, 05:56   Link #134
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It took nearly 2 decades to get to this point, and it finally pays off. Kyo ripping off the beads was and still is one of the most profoundly liberating things I've ever seen.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2021-06-18 at 06:06.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 13:07   Link #135
Frontier

Everyone was wondering where Yuki was last week, but we see him again running off after Machi in the most adorable way possible .

Machi is such a sweetheart. She doesn't know exactly what Tohru did for Yuki, but she got Tohru a get-well gift because she's so thankful for Tohru protecting/helping Yuki and for being there for someone she's come to care so much about and has done so much for her. And Yuki then finally realizes that Machi was the person who could see him for him and appreciate the real Yuki that he's been searching for all this time .

Yuki's curse is the last to break, befitting the Rat, and he sees off God and the rest of the Zodiac as they leave. As difficult as the curse was, they were still bonds and a part of their lives, so for Yuki it's hard to see them go after all this time...but it finally frees him up to embrace Machi in broad daylight in front of all those gawking people .

And not just that, when Machi finally says Yuki's name, he can't help but kiss her too. He may not have liked being seen as a prince, but he does know how to be romantic like one .

It was nice to see all the Zodiac pretty much together save Kureno and Shigure. The curse may be broken, but in their own way they're all still connected. Plus we got to see Rin jealous of Haru's love for Yuki and Haru patting her head to comfort her, which was absolutely adorable .

Kagura and Momiji screwing with Kyo because of their broken hearts is kind of cruel, but at the same time...I'll give it to them .

Akito is finally able to present herself as a woman to the rest of the Zodiac, and honestly, she looked genuinely beautiful. It's a shame her own mother had to force her to abandon her femininity for so long and deny her own identity for most of her life. But now Akito is as free as the rest of the Zodiac .

Akito was always wary and self-conscious around Shigure because of how distant and aloof he was, but Shigure acted that way because of how overwhelming and deep his feelings for Akito run. He wanted to free Akito from the bonds of her curse and the trap of being the head of the Sohma family so she could be all his. These two are fairly messed up individuals emotionally, and Akito even scarred him in a rage, but in the end they're able to profess their love for each other and kiss as much as any other loving couple. I guess that's something .

Kyo finally visits Kyoko's grave with Tohru and says he's going to leave for a far away dojo to really live life on his own terms now that he's free from the curse, and he wants Tohru to come with him, and Tohru even imagines their married life and doesn't even hesitate to agree to do it. These two have found an unbreakable love and bond with each other and are already planning to elope .

Tohru was right, her mother didn't resent or blame Kyo for what happened...what she wanted was someone to protect her precious daughter when she realized she was dying, and she imparted her dying wish that Kyo could be the one to do it. And he's ready to fulfill that wish .

Poor Kyoko dying on the street and mourning that she'll leave Tohru like Katsuya did and wishing she could be there for Tohru...it's so sad, but in the end even Kyoko is able to find happiness in being reunited with Katsuya in the afterlife, and she can rest easy knowing Kyo is finally there for Tohru .
Old 2021-06-21, 14:58   Link #136
AntonKutovoi

God bless Miyuki Sawashiro.

That is all.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 16:40   Link #137
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
God bless Miyuki Sawashiro.

That is all.
She really knocked it out of the park. I have to wonder what it must have been like recording that scene as a wife and a mother in real life .

Oh, and they got Yoshimasa Hosoya for Katsuya's one line? Really? Unless we're getting like a Kyoko OVA or something .
Old 2021-06-21, 18:45   Link #138
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Apparently they cut out Kyoko's entire backstory, so an OVA would be cool. Her scene was definitely the highlight of the episode. So much emotion. Miyuki Sawashiro killed it, but that's to be expected from her.

It sucks that Kyo will never know the truth for sure, but at the same time I think it's amazing he's able to keep moving forward by trusting Tohru (and Kyoko).

The Yuki scene... well, good for him, but I kinda stopped caring about him long ago. In this colorful cast he stood out as a rather dull character.

I said Akito and Shigure deserved each other and I still think so. There's more chance they'll make each other miserable than happy.

All that's left is to say goodbye... and resolve Momiji's plotline, please!
Old 2021-06-21, 19:35   Link #139
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It sucks that Kyo will never know the truth for sure, but at the same time I think it's amazing he's able to keep moving forward by trusting Tohru (and Kyoko).
Even without knowing it, he's fulfilling the wish Kyoko imparted onto him .
Quote:
The Yuki scene... well, good for him, but I kinda stopped caring about him long ago. In this colorful cast he stood out as a rather dull character.
Spicy enough to kiss Machi in broad daylight with tons of people staring .
Quote:
I said Akito and Shigure deserved each other and I still think so. There's more chance they'll make each other miserable than happy.
I imagine they'll have a pretty passionate sex life though .
Quote:
All that's left is to say goodbye... and resolve Momiji's plotline, please!
It's time to bring this long journey to an end...
Old 2021-06-21, 20:37   Link #140
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well everyone in that plaza looking at Yuki and Machi

Akito looking really cute in that kimono

Its good to see Ritsu again

Tags
fruits basket