AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-11-26, 23:15   Link #1
stray
Classic Yandere

Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu

English Title: The Dangers in my Heart
Original Title: 僕の心のヤバイやつ
Mangaka: Sakurai Norio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Seas
Kyotaro Ichikawa, a boy barely clinging to the bottom rung of his school’s social ladder, secretly believes he’s the tortured lead in some psychological thriller. He spends his days dreaming up ways to disrupt his classmates’ peaceful lives and pining after Anna Yamada, the class idol. But Kyotaro’s not nearly the troubled teen he pretends to be…and it turns out Anna’s a bit odd herself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaupdates
Nominated for the 2020 and 2021 Manga Taisho Award. Won the 2020 Tsugi ni Kuru Manga award in the web manga category. Won the top prize of 2021 Tsutaya Comic Awards.

mangaupdates
MAL

I couldn't find a thread for this manga so here we are. One of the sweetest romcoms I've seen in a long time.

Last edited by stray; 2024-02-13 at 11:30.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 23:36   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, absolutely superb and one of my favorite currently serialized manga. Counting the days till we get an anime adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 03:08   Link #3
Lex79

Really nice series, the characters are fun to watch and there is a fair amount of progress.
Old 2020-11-27, 08:46   Link #4
stray
Classic Yandere

I'd love to see an anime but its such a slow, steady burn I'm not sure how it will translate. I was actually a bit apprehensive through the first 10 or 15 chapters. Also, there are so, so many side chapters, which is actually really nice.

Speaking of which, 58.2 is l-l-lewd

I saw it compared to Komi-san a lot but I'm not sure I see the similarity really.

Last edited by stray; 2020-11-27 at 09:33.
Old 2020-12-22, 00:22   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This was licensed in the U.S. by Seven Seas a couple week ago, which I completely missed. Great news.
Old 2020-12-25, 14:52   Link #6
stray
Classic Yandere

Oh wow I missed that news as well... definitely deserved. Maybe we'll get an anime announcement as well near future.

Most recent chapters just make you want to hug them both.
Old 2020-12-26, 04:39   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Every chapter does, ROFL.

I think an anime will happen, and I don't believe it's wishful thinking. But we're only at 4 volumes so maybe 2022.
Old 2021-01-06, 20:29   Link #8
stray
Classic Yandere

Every good wingwoman knows the "brother in the hospital" exit strategy.
Old 2021-02-02, 21:12   Link #9
stray
Classic Yandere

Wow, my man Ichikawa went right in for the hug with no reluctance at all. And he didn't end up like the Coppertone girl either. The Yamadamama storm is coming though.
Old 2021-03-26, 19:54   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

BokuYaba wins this year's "Manga We Want to See Animated" poll at Anime Japan.

https://twitter.com/lovely_pig328/st...543481858?s=20

Tick, tick...
Old 2021-03-26, 21:23   Link #11
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
BokuYaba wins this year's "Manga We Want to See Animated" poll at Anime Japan.

https://twitter.com/lovely_pig328/st...543481858?s=20

Tick, tick...
BokuYabai and Komi (number 8 in the poll) are the one I'm really looking forward to.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-27, 19:23   Link #12
stray
Classic Yandere

Nice, Japan came through with impeccable taste... including number 5 which is a pretty cute yuri manga/LN (I Favor the Villainess) that may or may not have enough content to adapt.

I could definitely see something in 2022 depending on how the main story goes.

Last edited by stray; 2021-03-29 at 21:25.
Old 2021-08-19, 19:32   Link #13
stray
Classic Yandere

Finally got volume one of the Seven Seas release and its on the small side but pretty nice regardless. Should release up to volume 3 this year.
Old 2021-12-25, 15:44   Link #14
stray
Classic Yandere

New anime season so I'm vaguely hopeful we'll get an adaptation announcement soon.
Old 2022-07-30, 15:03   Link #15
stray
Classic Yandere

So... there was a leak about an anime adaptation but then the tweet got deleted? Nothing from Norio but I'm still optimistic. I'll take the opportunity to bump the thread anyway.
Old 2022-07-30, 15:19   Link #16
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
So... there was a leak about an anime adaptation but then the tweet got deleted? Nothing from Norio but I'm still optimistic. I'll take the opportunity to bump the thread anyway.
Oooh, an anime adaptation would be SUPER nice =03. Would be a perfect announcement for its 100th chapter, which should be coming really soon(on 99 last I saw).

Although I haven't completely caught up to this series(stopped at around chp 70-ish or so, only to savor it a bit more), it is undoubtedly one of, if not THE, best "outcast boy, cute/popular girl" stories, along with such titles like Kubo-san(which is getting an anime adaptation) and Clueless Transfer Student(which is reverse the gender roles, but similar premise).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-30, 15:51   Link #17
stray
Classic Yandere

100 was actually a few weeks ago, 101 should be soon. Its worth catching up with if you get a chance, though it doesn't seem close to finishing; they just started third year.

Enzo posted a bit about the adaptation in the upcoming series forum but its unconfirmed so mods closed it. Its definitely going to happen eventually but for now all we have is an unconfirmed leak.
Old 2022-07-31, 03:33   Link #18
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The tweets were deleted for unrelated reasons (fan stupidity, basically). The sources are as reliable as leaks get, historically - as in, nothing short of an official announcement is 100.00%, but there were sources that don't have a track record of getting this stuff wrong.
Old 2022-07-31, 03:47   Link #19
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Oooh, an anime adaptation would be SUPER nice =03. Would be a perfect announcement for its 100th chapter, which should be coming really soon(on 99 last I saw).

Although I haven't completely caught up to this series(stopped at around chp 70-ish or so, only to savor it a bit more), it is undoubtedly one of, if not THE, best "outcast boy, cute/popular girl" stories, along with such titles like Kubo-san(which is getting an anime adaptation) and Clueless Transfer Student(which is reverse the gender roles, but similar premise).
Clueless Transfer Student is a far less significant series in every sense than BokuYaba - it goes for cute and funny and stops there, whereas BokuYaba is genuinely deep on top of cute and funny. That said, though, I like it a lot - it deserves more attention.
Old 2022-07-31, 09:00   Link #20
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Clueless Transfer Student is a far less significant series in every sense than BokuYaba - it goes for cute and funny and stops there, whereas BokuYaba is genuinely deep on top of cute and funny. That said, though, I like it a lot - it deserves more attention.
I ain't gonna lie, you're absolutely right; I was reachin' with that one . It was the first thing I had thought of and couldn't think of any others off the top of my head at the time, but I have a habit of always wanting to use two examples of series when I cite some.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, height gap, middle school, romance, slice of life