AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 10:02   Link #2241
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
SD gundam G generation overworld
Thanks.

I wonder what Odin Barnett and Valder Farkill's stats are compared to some of the better pilots.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:37   Link #2242
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If it's using everything from World than the pilots should still have stats. The game is a huge grind though.

Most likely Gundam, though I'm unsure. Would sound strange if it was.

SD Gundam G(Gundam/Generation) Generation.

Now you have me curious.

Course it might just be there for the Triple G and that it looks and sounds cool.
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_Gundam_G_Generation
The G Generation series technically began in 1996, when Bandai released a series of six games for Nintendo's Super Famicom console's Sufami Turbo add-on, each focusing on a particular era from the Gundam multiverse. A Generation focused on the One Year War, B Generation focused on the Gryps Conflict, and so forth up to F Generation, which covered the plot of G Gundam. Instead of continuing the obvious progression and making a G Generation game themed about Gundam Wing, Bandai held on to the title. Since "G" was often used as an abbreviation for "Gundam", it was decided that G Generation would encompass a wider scope. When it was finally released in 1998 for the PlayStation, G Generation covered the plot for Mobile Suit Gundam through Char's Counterattack and featured characters from the remaining Universal Century series as well as G Gundam, Gundam Wing and Gundam X.
bit strange but oh well. somehow it sound nice in ears.

PS: if you look at the game logo. most of them sound like "SD Gundam G Generation G *insert subtitle*" so yeah 4 G's

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:53   Link #2243
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Played those Sufami Turbo games with their epic menu music, but by far my most played Gundam game on the SNES would have to be SD Gundam G Generation Next, where you can either choose to create your own custom campaign or play scenarios from the anime, both of which take place on a hex based map that involve you moving around building Mobile Suits and Ships and going around and battling and taking enemy territories. It was neat because when it switched to battle you'd have full control over your lead suit instead of just watching a battle animation play out. Anyway you conquered colonies and cities for income, bases to build new units, spaceports to travel between Earth the Moon and Space and even closed colonies to drop on Earth which are an instant kill to any unit that gets caught in the blast. It had everything up to and including Gundam Wing units if you used the expansion pack as well.

Spoiler for vid:

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-08-04 at 14:57.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 19:41   Link #2244
southpawdragon

I downloaded the ps3 gundam online game that was free in japan. I wanted to like the game but ended up deleting it a couple of tries. The game feels so ps2 ish.
southpawdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 21:04   Link #2245
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Battle Operation is fun to me.

I'm I guess the equivalent of level "23", just got the Gouf, can paint my Mobile Suits(which is addicting!), and the only thing that bothers me are the lag spikes.

I cannot wait until I can buy the Z'Gok. Was on a team with two of 'em, and they TEAR. UP. EVERYTHING. Made my Lv3 Zaku II feel inadequate. And rightly so.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 04:38   Link #2246
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

New Famitsu article for Overworld
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/09019265.html

- Over Impact turns ally units into orange colored enemies
- Custom Characters confirmed, chooseable voice type by the VA's name
- Custom BGM selection screen: can set a song for each character

Casts list of the chooseable voice:
Spoiler for list:

DAT SEIYUU LIST!!

I'm so going to choose Aya Endo, Mariya Ise, Hanazawa Kana, Shin'ichiro Miki, Tetsu Inada, or Mamoru Miyano as my character
Just imagining HanaKana's screaming "GOD FINGEEEEEEER" or just saying "Funnel!" makes me grin

Too bad Saori Hayami wasn't included, oh well :3
Old 2012-08-11, 07:21   Link #2247
Black Lion

I'm impatiently waiting on Gamescom and TGS to see if Koei announces Gundam Musou 4.

I don't care what anyone says, that series is some of the most fun I've ever had in a Gundam game, right next to EXVS.
Old 2012-08-11, 16:29   Link #2248
FalsePrime

I have my doubts we will see GM4 before next gen.

That said, unless they finally go back to GM1 as far as the Original Mode goes I will just wait till it comes to america. That or a greatly expanded cast list. GM3 while a way better game then one or two wore out really fast because of the tiny amount of maps and the lack of suits that I really like.

I do agree though that GM's are well worth the price.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 17:07   Link #2249
Black Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I have my doubts we will see GM4 before next gen.

That said, unless they finally go back to GM1 as far as the Original Mode goes I will just wait till it comes to america. That or a greatly expanded cast list. GM3 while a way better game then one or two wore out really fast because of the tiny amount of maps and the lack of suits that I really like.

I do agree though that GM's are well worth the price.
Well Koei develops primarily for Sony platforms, seeing as Xbox versions of games are made exclusively for the West (which is getting fewer releases from them every year), and the Wii only got one game that pretty much flopped. And since Sony isn't going to launch the PS4 any year soon (PS3 is just recently making a profit, and they don't even have the money for R&D for it after Vita)... I just don't see Koei debuting the next entry of one of their main cash cows on any other platform. I'm thinking PS3, though it might be next year before it's announced.

And yeah, GM4 definitely has a lot of improvements to make. They have all the right pieces (story from GM1, stages from GM2, gameplay from GM3) they just need to put them all in one game this time.

Personally I hope to see the Katoki Wing Gundams replace the TV versions in the next one.
Old 2012-08-11, 17:23   Link #2250
FalsePrime

While Katoki switch would have me importing and picking up the NA version I can't imagine it would happen.

The one time the dev team being asked I remember them being pretty adament that Wing EW wouldn't be replacing Wing TV. Also given the sheer amout of Wing additions to GM3 makes it even more unlikey they drop TV/Add EW and will likely focus on something from UC/SEED given the HD and Unicorn. This is ofcourse if we do see a GM4 in the next year or two.

Also Koei has been very friendly with Nintendo to the point of selling partial rights Project Zero/FF so and letting Nintendo publish their titles in the west. So it wouldn't shock me in the least to see them attempt to push a GM4 with Wii U as lead platform and just have it be Multi with PS3 in Japan and all three in the west.
Old 2012-08-11, 21:15   Link #2251
Black Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
While Katoki switch would have me importing and picking up the NA version I can't imagine it would happen.

The one time the dev team being asked I remember them being pretty adament that Wing EW wouldn't be replacing Wing TV. Also given the sheer amout of Wing additions to GM3 makes it even more unlikey they drop TV/Add EW and will likely focus on something from UC/SEED given the HD and Unicorn. This is ofcourse if we do see a GM4 in the next year or two.

Also Koei has been very friendly with Nintendo to the point of selling partial rights Project Zero/FF so and letting Nintendo publish their titles in the west. So it wouldn't shock me in the least to see them attempt to push a GM4 with Wii U as lead platform and just have it be Multi with PS3 in Japan and all three in the west.
It's strange to me that Sunrise seems so intent on replacing the TV versions in the series through GoL and FT, but refuse to use the Ver Ka's in any other media.

Speaking of which, my favorite Gundam happens to be the Altron, which is also the ONLY one where I like the TV version better than the EW one. So even if they stick to the TV suits, as long as Altron gets in I'll be happy.

This is how Altron EW should have been designed:

http://hobbynotoriko.web.fc2.com/mg-shenlong-2.html
Old 2012-08-12, 12:42   Link #2252
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
It's strange to me that Sunrise seems so intent on replacing the TV versions in the series through GoL and FT, but refuse to use the Ver Ka's in any other media.

Speaking of which, my favorite Gundam happens to be the Altron, which is also the ONLY one where I like the TV version better than the EW one. So even if they stick to the TV suits, as long as Altron gets in I'll be happy.

This is how Altron EW should have been designed:

http://hobbynotoriko.web.fc2.com/mg-shenlong-2.html
I actually prefer the EW's Altron to the the TV version. Still, that model is pretty sweet.
Old 2012-08-12, 13:28   Link #2253
Black Lion

The EW Altron just doesn't have the bulk and size that made the first so intimidating to look at.

It lacks that big, scary powerful look. And flamethrowers. I think Katoki just forgot to add the flamethrowers.
Old 2012-08-12, 14:22   Link #2254
Soaring Griffin

I personally much prefer the EW Altron over the tv show one (sames goes for all the gundams). The TV show versions just isn't visually appealing to me.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 16:20   Link #2255
Destined_Fate

At least it isn't as bad as the Deathscythe Hell change for EW. It actually lost weapons and a bit of armor. Its EW wings look like they're just there to look cool compared to the more practical looking TV version.

Wing Zero got those cool wings but lost its ability to turn into bird mode which is a real shame.

Will miss the TV versions when SRW Z3 comes out and they use the EW versions. Maybe Z3 will show us that Zero System enabled Gundam that utilizes the Twin Drive System that never left the concept stage because the Wing Scientists left Celestial Being due to conflicting views and disagreements.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 17:20   Link #2256
Black Lion

Quote:
At least it isn't as bad as the Deathscythe Hell change for EW. It actually lost weapons and a bit of armor. Its EW wings look like they're just there to look cool compared to the more practical looking TV version.

Wing Zero got those cool wings but lost its ability to turn into bird mode which is a real shame.

Will miss the TV versions when SRW Z3 comes out and they use the EW versions. Maybe Z3 will show us that Zero System enabled Gundam that utilizes the Twin Drive System that never left the concept stage because the Wing Scientists left Celestial Being due to conflicting views and disagreements.
But we already have the Turn A

Seriously, every Wing suit lost weapons in the switch to EW. Some of them (like Sandrock's shield) were included with the models, and it's obvious that the Gundams were not exactly equipped for battle in the movie seeing as they were about to get thrown in the trash. Glory of Losers will show us whether or not they had more weapons / gimmicks than what we saw in EW.
Old 2012-08-12, 17:22   Link #2257
FalsePrime

Quote:

Losing bird mode though was unquestionably an upgrade. Now Zero can go full speed but be in Mobile Suit mode, have full access to all his weapons as well as the increased manuverablity the wings/thrusters give him.

D-Hell's changes don't make sense. Granted the Bone-looking Scythe does because the Doube Beam Scythe didn't even make sense so losing it wasn't a bid deal. The extra bulk/armor and Buster Shield though stand out as dumb for their removal.
Old 2012-08-12, 18:00   Link #2258
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Wing Zero Custom did seem to have some sort of transformation mode, though it wasn't really on par with the TV version's.

Regardless, pretty much ALL of the Gundams except for the Epyon sacrificed something with the redesign.
Old 2012-08-12, 18:39   Link #2259
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Wing Zero Custom did seem to have some sort of transformation mode, though it wasn't really on par with the TV version's.

Regardless, pretty much ALL of the Gundams except for the Epyon sacrificed something with the redesign.
I don't think you can really call the Reentry/Shield Mode a Transformation.

I do however agree that most of them lost something, with Heavyarms Kai being the lone exception in that not only did he get more weaponry but him reducing his bulk also seemed to increase his manuverablity given how Trowa moves his suit compared to his Wing TV variants.

Also Zero could be argued depending on Shield mode, thing is I just don't think Wing Shields are as ease of use compared to his shield. Plus considering we never see Heero dual wield removing the shield from his arm as well as making the TBR so large he can't store it under/ease of use on Zero EW combines to make his entire left side kinda useless.
Old 2012-08-12, 18:40   Link #2260
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

The Wing Gundam EW didn't lose anything, it GAINED something! The Buster Rifle's capacity increased from to 3 to 9 shots per sortie with the added ammo packs. And it now has those shoulder gatlings the Wing Zero had. Granted, the TV design has those too, but they seem to be more like vulcans. Plus, the Wing Gundam EW's design is just beautiful. Much prefer of it over the TV version.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote