I disagree. You forget that

Spoiler:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 13:25   Link #202
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

In fact that sounds like a plausible ending. What do you guys think about it?
That's a pretty sad ending even for this series! >.<
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:46   Link #203
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for my shot at the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler:
This part I do not totally agree. She seem to like to keep things to herself. Yui openly calls her a friend but she is very hesitant in admitting even that. Remember the part when she used the word "friend" but immediately corrected herself with "club member"?
[/spoiler]

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-04-24 at 16:21.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 14:59   Link #204
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for my shot at the future:
more like

Spoiler:
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:10   Link #205
Shadow5YA

Quote:
This part I do not totally agree. She seem to like to keep things to herself. Yui openly calls her a friend but she is very hesitant in admitting even that. Remember the part when she used the word "friend" but immediately corrected herself with "club member"?
Even then, she acted to defend Yui (and because Yumiko pissed her off). With Hachiman it's more difficult to tell what he's planning until after he's done it.

Another way to word it is that when comparing Hachiman and Yukino's "solutions", Yukino's methods are very simple. Having trouble making good cookies? Get better with practice. Need help at the festival? Work harder.
Hachiman's methods are far more roundabout in comparison. I don't think I need to explain this part.

Maybe "honest" isn't the right word for Yukino, but I do think she is far more direct and what she does than Hachiman or anyone else in the service club. Actions speak louder than words, and Yukino's solutions do not betray her pride or feelings. Hachiman always sacrifices his in order to get the job done. Even in the first case with Yui, he had to embarrass himself with the "friend of a friend" story where he got rejected to prove a point. Does anyone honestly believe he's not bothered by it one bit?

I think it still hurts him, but he's just simply used to it.
Old 2013-04-24, 19:18   Link #206
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Just who are the "comrade" of Hachiman and knew what the meaning of his action?

It's was so sad that no one know what he sacrifice for. TToTT
Old 2013-04-24, 20:40   Link #207
blackwhite67
Banned

Is it safe to say that Haruno is rooting for 8man? Has she given her opinion on Hayato?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:00   Link #208
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Is it safe to say that Haruno is rooting for 8man? Has she given her opinion on Hayato?
rather than rooting she really targeted hachiman as a potential partner(do not know if it mean as a lover or as a family). Both haruno and 8man's sister is the same type of woman (sweet outside but devious inside) so it's not weird if haruno takes a interest in 8man. Haruno even said that it was a little regretfull to pair up hachiman and yukino.(i know she mean to agitated yukino to take action but she's a little serious when she said it).

Quote:
Just who are the "comrade" of Hachiman and knew what the meaning of his action?

It's was so sad that no one know what he sacrifice for. TToTT
there are only 5 people (+3 if you counted the one involved in the matter) that i know who really know what 8man's doing and really knew his action.
- sensei
- yui
- yukino
- haruno
- his sister
for the one involved in the matter
- the popular soccer guy who want to confessed
- ebina
both feel gratitude toward 8man and ebina even hate herself for letting 8man do all of this
- and the last one would be hayato. He used 8man to make the relationship between the circle. Maybe he 's thinking that 8man already been hated by all of the student because what happen in the festival so it would not make any difference if 8man does anything.
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:21   Link #209
blackwhite67
Banned

Hayato wants to be with Yukino? Ha! This coming from a guy who was too goody-two-shoes to sacrifice himself for his supposed friends relationship and had to resort to using 8man.

BTW, Kakeru Tobe, the popular soccer guy, is he the guy with the pink sweater in the anime?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 21:33   Link #210
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Haruno is leagues ahead of Komachi, who can be quite devious at times but is just a child's ploy.

Komachi just wants his brother to get a girlfriend (and occasionally displays her brocon characteristics).
Haruno is interested in who Hachiman is to Yukino. I think Hachiman reminds her of Hayato (Yukino and Hayato's past has yet to be revealed) as another male who is close to Yukino. I think she will test Hachiman while trying to connect Hachiman with Yukino (I have a feeling she is always judging him).
Shizuka I believe is neutral to all sides. I see her as the one who can help Hachiman clear his mind and push him towards the direction he desires.

I don't see Hayato as a threat between Hachiman and Yukino: whatever they experienced in the past stays in the past. Hayato's primary role is to act as the antithesis of Hachiman.
Old 2013-04-24, 22:25   Link #211
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
more like

Spoiler:
I was giggling like a little girl when I read this

how about:
Spoiler for added some:
Old 2013-04-24, 23:09   Link #212
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
- and the last one would be hayato. He used 8man to make the relationship between the circle. Maybe he 's thinking that 8man already been hated by all of the student because what happen in the festival so it would not make any difference if 8man does anything.
I don't think Hayato is a bad guy. He might seem like it because he has been the polar opposite to how the main lead of this novel is, but in the end he's just at a loss on what to do (mostly because he also cares about his own appearance). In volume 6 he said "Why can it only be done that way" and he broke down in volume 7 not knowing what to do. Sure he pitied Hachiman in volume 7 and that angered him, but neither do I think Hayato pitied Hachiman in order to make fun of him, he's pitying Hachiman out of pity. And yes he knows about the cultural festival stuff, even turned the attention away from people blaming Hachiman at the start of volume 7.

I think Hayato represents most kind people in this world - while they are kind to people, they also care about themselves. Hachiman is just batman level.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 01:18   Link #213
waffler

does the teacher have any feelings for him at this point?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 02:19   Link #214
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
does the teacher have any feelings for him at this point?
You know, this series characterizes specially for not being very sublte about that (most things just point at being at she being into playing "onee-san figure", though). Yui is like the only one who is crystal clear in that aspect.

Hachiman was moved to tears when Shizuka said "riajuu bakuhatsu shiro", if I'm not mistaken but that's sand for another sack.
Old 2013-04-25, 12:37   Link #215
kobester11

Watching episode 4 was like reading the novel in fast forward...
Old 2013-04-25, 15:25   Link #216
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Watching episode 4 was like reading the novel in fast forward...
Most novel adaptations gets that kind of treatment.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 16:31   Link #217
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Most novel adaptations gets that kind of treatment.
Some are more obvious than others.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:58   Link #218
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think this LN isn't exactly the easiest one to animate without making it overly boring for people. A lot of the soliloquies, thoughts, and conversation between characters (which essentially just makes it audio drama) cannot really be shown.
Old 2013-04-25, 20:02   Link #219
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I think this LN isn't exactly the easiest one to animate without making it overly boring for people. A lot of the soliloquies, thoughts, and conversation between characters (which essentially just makes it audio drama) cannot really be shown.
It doesn't mean it's not possible. KyoAni managed to keep most of Kyon's internal thoughts intact for Haruhi, and Houtarou for Hyouka. I think it just requires more effort than the average studio is willing to give, especially when money is involved.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:40   Link #220
kobester11

Quote:
Well, some series managed to pull it off (e.g. kokoro connect - what made the LN good was because of the inner thoughts/ different perspective of the 5 characters. What the hell happened to the anime? They cut it off... still, despite the pranking issue. the anime is popular amongst the fans and consider it quite good)

ep 4 was despite being fast, was kinda boring to watch. perhaps thats the directors fault...

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck