AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 69 14.32%
Lelouch x C.C. 272 56.43%
Lelouch x Karen 199 41.29%
Lelouch x Shirley 106 21.99%
Lelouch x Milly 43 8.92%
Lelouch x Viletta 10 2.07%
Suzaku x Euphemia 126 26.14%
Suzaku x Nunally 36 7.47%
Jeremiah x Viletta 23 4.77%
Cornelia X Guilford 34 7.05%
Nina x Euphemia 25 5.19%
Zero x Karen 123 25.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-05, 13:02   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Even though Code Geass isnt a romance anime in the true respects it has given fans alot of romance to think about between the main character Lelouch and the girls of the school Millay, Shirley and Kallen as well as C.C. Also throwing Suzaku into it gives us a possible pairing with Euphemia. So this thread is for the discussion of what pairings are your favorites and are they going to happen as the series progresses with possible changes to the pairing.

This poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every combination, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one pairing the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for any more.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the pairings you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible to all.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Edit: Oh thread created so Ill add my pairing. When Geass first started I was all for Lulu x Shirley but with events happening in 12 Im wondering where that pairing is gonna lead. For the moment Im sticking with it tho

Also, the possible poll pairings xris posted came from the request for new threads, thread. Initially when I made that poll I just used major characters, minus a little love for orange-kun thats why its Lulu x the girls based.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-08-04 at 19:34.
Old 2007-01-05, 14:02   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I'll add a poll to this thread once we can decide on some appropriate combinations. For the moment, if anyone has any comments concerning such pairings, please post them in this thread. To start off, here's the initial suggestion from White Manju Bun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ok pairing I can think of right now

Lelouch x C.C.
Lelouch x Kallen
Lelouch x Shirley
Lelouch x Millay
Suzaku x Euphemia
Suzaku x Nanali (hey it could happen
Jeremiah x Viletta (not main characters but orange-kun needs some love)

If anyone can think of more, post it.
Old 2007-01-05, 14:02   Link #3
SinsI

What's wrong with polygamy? I don't want a pairing, I want Lulu to follow in his father's footsteps and to have them all - CC, Karen, Shirley, Millay, Violetta and Yufie.
Old 2007-01-05, 14:03   Link #4
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
What's wrong with polygamy? I don't want a pairing, I want Lulu to follow in his father's footsteps and to have them all - CC, Karen, Shirley, Millay, Violetta and Yufie.

Thats why the thread title is Romance in Code Geass not best pairing. You can come up with whatever you want

Edit: Thx xris
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-05, 14:05   Link #5
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I'll add a poll to this thread once we can decide on some appropriate combinations. For the moment, if anyone has any comments concerning such pairings, please post them in this thread. To start off, here's the initial suggestion from White Manju Bun.
Lelouch X Viletta

Not likely to happen, however knowing that they could have a confrontation, it may lead somewhere
Old 2007-01-05, 14:14   Link #6
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I'll add a couple

Cornelia X Guilford
Old 2007-01-05, 14:34   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well after watching ep 12 i have to push forward: Nina x Euphemia XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-05, 14:36   Link #8
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Where's the Lelouch x Suzaku? Though that doesn't seem as likely as Kira x Athrun, for some reason.

I'd rather Lelouch stayed single, honestly. Him being concerned about the girlfriend stuff instead of being obesessed with his ambitions would be uncool.
Old 2007-01-05, 15:22   Link #9
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Where's the Lelouch x Suzaku? Though that doesn't seem as likely as Kira x Athrun, for some reason.

I'd rather Lelouch stayed single, honestly. Him being concerned about the girlfriend stuff instead of being obesessed with his ambitions would be uncool.
Hmm good suggestion, if this thread does get a poll maybe that should be on option as well, Lulu staying single that is.

Killz: I thought about that too but really, Nina scares the heck outta me now
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-05, 15:52   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Probably the best couple in the series, and one that needs plenty of doujins to make it up - Cornelia X Guildford. <3
Old 2007-01-05, 15:53   Link #11
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Suzuka x Cornelia.

He worked so hard to rescue her in episode 11

But seriously, Cornelia x Guilford make up the best couple in this series followed by Lelouch x C.C

And I'm not sure anyone would want to be paired up with Nina. That's total obsession right there.
Old 2007-01-05, 23:56   Link #12
Cal-Reflector

Millay x Leulouch, because its an unlikely pairing but one that makes political sense given Leulouch's quest and his debt to the Ashfords for taking him in and looking after him all these years.

Plus, the two of them would be fun. Already Millay has has set Leulouch on a cat hunt, dressed him up, and tied him down to a chair. Millay would make a wonderful Queen as well; creative and charismatic, a superb host and socialite to complement Leulouch's military and political prowess.

All hail Brittania and their future King and Queen.
Old 2007-01-06, 00:05   Link #13
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I'm gonna give my opinion of what path I think the main characters will take as far as relationships go.

Spoiler for I'f I'm right about this I'll be very disappointed in the series:
Old 2007-01-06, 00:29   Link #14
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
The incest aura of Lelouch and Nanali shall prevail...

On the serious note, here's what I think will happen:

Suzaku and Euphemia: no brainer.

CC and Lelouch: given that Lelouch survives till the end (The subtitle of the anime "The Lelouch Rebellion" led me to believe that he would fail in his endeavor. Why not "The Rise of Lelouch" or something to that extent? The subtitle suggests that it would only be a scale of a rebellion, however great that the rebellion would be.) Also given that Lelouch actually decides to get romantically involved, and the chances aren't great.
Old 2007-01-06, 02:35   Link #15
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I'm gonna give my opinion of what path I think the main characters will take as far as relationships go.

Spoiler for I'f I'm right about this I'll be very disappointed in the series:
About Karen...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
The incest aura of Lelouch and Nanali shall prevail...
Cornelia and Lelouch is so much better. At least cornelia could help out.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2007-01-06, 03:29   Link #16
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Yeah, no one likes the passive ones who don't/can't move, or feel. Oh wait, why are girls like Rei Ayanami so popular then?

Anyway, it's nice to see my thread suggestion coming around like this.

I thought I was the only Kallen x Lelouch fan but I guess not. I'm pessimistic about this pairing as well but I can't help liking this possibility since these are my two favourite characters and they have some interesting chemistry in both of their personas.

Spoiler for pairing speculation:

About other pairings... hm.

Lelouch x Millay is one of those farfetched ones to me. There's been far too little interaction between them in the anime.

Suzaku x Euphemia. I don't really like this pairing since I don't like Suzaku and his naive way of thinking. Before episode 11 he seemed to be the cookie-cutter white knight (not so much the case now). To me Euphemia is a Lacus clone, without willpower (as of now). I didn't like Lacus in Gundam SEED or Destiny so there's no real reason I'd warm up to another pink princess who's head is full of daisies.

Lelouch x Suzaku. I'm no shounen-ai/yaoi/Boys Love fan so I generally ignore this. The parodies surrounding this is quite funny however.

Nina x Euphemia. Well... believe it or not I don't really jump out of my seat when I see shoujo-ai/yuri/Girls Love. That must be why I didn't watch a whole lot of 2006 anime. Anyway, this pairing has potential to move the story, but I see Nina kicking the bucket before this is over. That's about it.

I haven't really thought too much about the other pairings so I won't comment.
Old 2007-01-06, 04:31   Link #17
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

So far, the romantic atmosphere is pretty much ~fleeting at best, with little to no strong and sharp emotions behind it. C.C's revelation scene with Lelouch was more towards her and his opinion about her rather than just them, and don't get me started on Nina. If anything, I suspect the whole Shirley thingy in Ep.12 may very well start as the catalyst for CG to start getting more emotional on a personal level. Right now, any sense of human drama is sharp, but not exactly closely endearing and without the latter, romance build-ups would look more like political marriage rather than real romance.

As for Shirley x Lelouch...I can in no way envision a happy ending. Not one bit. If anything, it's probably going to end up as fodder so that Lelouch starts to rethink certain things but at the same time, it probably won't . LOL. As for the ending, anyone who watched the TVB version of Journey to the West live-action's romance between Sun Wu Kong and Spider Imouto-Devil would probably know what I'm talking about.

Spoiler for JttW:

As for C.C and Kallen, the odds are that Kallen needs to break the ice of Lelouch/Zero before anything could remotably happen. C.C however... Can anyone sat Fate/stay night? At least that's the feeling I'm getting if a romance is to happen between C.C and Lelouch.

Spoiler for Fate + possible C.C x Lelouch ending scenario? LOL:

Cornelia x Guildford smells of TRAGEDY a million miles away. The Knight that will die for his seemingly unrequited love, and the tragic princess who lost the one man closest to her. It would surprise me if it doesn't turn out that way.

Suzaku x Euphie...Frankly, if Suzaku is going to stay the crack-pot ideal Britiannian that he's been for the whole 10 episodes or so he's been, I can in no way see a mutual romantic relationship growing genuinely between Suzaku and Euphie. Suzaku may like her, but his current character deems that he will probably kill himself before he even touches a strand of Her Highness's hair and Euphie probably won't dare to break into Suzaku's barrier unless say...Cornelia dies or something. Anyway, I don't like this pairing. Both characters are meh at the moment, and it doesn't have the same ~umph/chemistry/destiny factor that Kira x Lacus had. NOT BY A MILLION MILES OF LONGSHOT.

Nina x Euphie... I just cannot envision anything good out of this one-sided relationship. Ultimately, the only form is probably how she might be affected if she ever finds out Suzaku's closeness to Euphie and that's probably the best the relationship can go. In fact, that way makes it more like Suzaku ~ Nina rather than anything else. Unless Nina wants to get into the firing squad for being disrespectful to a royal princess.

This thread is missing Sakuya x Zero/Lelouch. Just as Cal prefers the dark fox, my preference is probably the dark horse. :P

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Edit : ~ Heh, sorry about that. As I went on typing, I suddenly forgot about rationale and went on a semi-frenzy. I'll apologize here snd alter my post into a more reasonable one respective to the thread.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-01-06 at 06:34. Reason: My earlier post contained some improper remarks. I kinda lost my way in thought typing all that.
Old 2007-01-06, 06:26   Link #18
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
NINA MUST DIE. I've never disliked an anime/manga character no matter how dislikable in a long time now, and the previous title holder was Junpei Manaka, and Nina has officially joined that rank.

I officially name myself the SAKUYA X ZERO/LELOUCH club presidentship before anyone takes that role.
And here are two examples of topics that are unwelcome in this thread (or most other threads for that matter) The following is aimed at everyone, not just Nightengale, I'm just using the above post as an example.
This is a romance discussion thread, not a hate thread. Please do not make any "xxx must die" or "I hate xxx" type posts.

No fanclubs or campaign posts please
Please keep the discussion good natured and civil, even if you disagree with the opinion of another poster. Keep it fun and enjoy
Old 2007-01-06, 06:57   Link #19
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Oh, and I don't know if you noticed it xris, but the whole fanclub thing was a joke to show that my favourite crack coupling in CG is Sakuya x Lelouch/Zero, not something to be taken literally. I know all too well from the Shuffle experience to start pulling things like those.

But really, this is argubly the first time I totally failed a guesswork about yaoi pairings. I really thought we'd get to see some Orange x Suzaku subtle action.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-06, 07:19   Link #20
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Lelouch X Nanali is fine too (Incest rules!)
Euphemia X Cornelia (for HOT HOT LESBIAN INCEST!)
Closed Thread

Tags
romance