AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 06:53   Link #37341
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I'm having a hard time making drafts on both Dark and DARK future. It's kinda hard to make the protagonist seem useful when ones allies consist of a Tatenashi generation xerox and a ninja maid, both of whom could summon IS' (Saito's case) or a living weapon and a renegade IS representative Cadet (Kazuma's case). They just seem redundant now and fridge logic kicks in when you realize "Hey wait a minute, why don't the WMD summoners just solve every problem with their big flashy Gundam's?".
Old 2012-10-03, 06:58   Link #37342
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

All this techchat about respawning weapons on an IS makes me wonder if they're just utilizing hard light technology...
Old 2012-10-03, 07:03   Link #37343
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Then we back to Irish debate again in that case, the situation is similar. :|

@ Stratos
The USE hard light technology, in that Data + energy = Material. Well, more like light to material conversion but wut, they can even convert back. Following the law of conservation though, there's always some energy loss during materialization AND dematerialization. Hence no infinite endurance

(The anime, even if not canon, even add flash effect which would be scientifically accurate. Waste energy is heat, light, or both. And I.S. are canonically heatless)
Old 2012-10-03, 07:06   Link #37344
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: It's more a question of violence being the viable solution or not. If yes then the fridge logic stands. If not then they need moar beer for it to make sense.

@stratos: Hardlight is a lot less stable than converting energy completely to a molecular structure.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:10   Link #37345
Eratas123

Nope, I fixed that by having an overarching story. Also with the fact that Irish has the one thing nobody else does: Engineering and Analysis skills that actually work. He basically plays the role of squishy wizard in comparison to the Lightning bruiser/Glass Cannons.

Thing is, Dark and DARK are actually similar to grimdark slice of life, so rather than one character doing his thing for the overarching story, it just ends up looking like the issue's being stretched pointlessly. The biggest thing both have going for them is pragmatism, and that's not exactly much of a big thing in a Crapsack world, in contrast to Shadow's idealisticness.
Old 2012-10-03, 07:30   Link #37346
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh my... Eras just said idealistic... THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!

All we need now are the other masters of grimdark to say they watch MLP
Old 2012-10-03, 07:43   Link #37347
Eratas123

Why? I'm pretty cynical, but that doesn't mean I WANT to be. Once I find something to be idealistic about I pretty much do a tap dance and start squeeing.

Speaking of which, I really need to start doing that comedy fic soon about a High school girl falling in love with a 10 year old. Oh I just kill myself with how schizophrenic I am>_>
Old 2012-10-03, 07:43   Link #37348
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
~Twilight Sparkle~
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:45   Link #37349
HasuMasu
*Artist

'Masters of Grimdark'? Sounds good.
Old 2012-10-03, 07:49   Link #37350
Eratas123

I also need help with Reversal. Introducing Tatenashi, Charlotte, and kanzashi is proving a complete and utter bitch simply because Chifuyu's so more competent than Ichika.
Old 2012-10-03, 07:58   Link #37351
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ lawz at that, I can't hardly wait to introduce Tatenashi, who proceed to mop everyone... except Ichika, who near-curbstomp her in the dojo until she unleash her true potential (and ended up losing anyway)

And Blitz, he really SHOULD have a taste of MLP. Or TigerBunny, or Ratman...

Btw, power outtage and my laptop is almost empty, I don't know how long I'll stay logged in
Old 2012-10-03, 08:05   Link #37352
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@wave: ooooookaaaaaaay... Tara Strong!

@Tyranid: Desho!?!?!?

@eras: Tatenashi would be the rival, Charlotte would try to approach but get the crap scared out of her, Kanzashi and Chifuyu can get force paired for some afterschool activity by Tate.
Old 2012-10-03, 08:08   Link #37353
Eratas123

@ Senpai - No power but you have internet?

@ Demi - The problem is how the two meet in the first place. Charlotte got involved because Ichika was a male and they wanted his data, something that can't be done for the obviously female Chifuyu and her average IS. On the other hand, Tatenashi is introduced as Ichika's new bodyguard/tease/master/owner, which can't be done for Chifuyu because she actually uses her brain cells and doesn't need a bodyguard. Kanzashi's even more convoluted since her intro relies on Tatenashi's.
Old 2012-10-03, 08:29   Link #37354
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: You're focusing too much on following canon. Take a few liberties or else you may as well rewrite the whole novel except with Chifuyu in Ichika's place while just removing ALL of Ichika's fails.

Tate is intrigued to find a first year girl who is reputedly much more frightening than her.

Charlotte has to get close to Ichika but feels she must get the sister's approval first. That or she can't approach Ichika directly and tries to use family to come in frequent contact.

Kanzashi... again Tatenashi's power abuse. The younger sister doesn't have friends. Chifuyu has ONLY a few friends... she figured she was doing them both a favor
Old 2012-10-03, 08:34   Link #37355
Eratas123

Hmm, that actually makes sense I also planned to include a stockpile about how utterly dysfunctional everyones families seem to be. While Charlotte's is a no brainer, the Sarashiki's are my main target. This is emphasized by the fact that Chifuyu's childhood friend (Male or female) is a Sarashiki with abandonment issues due to not being related by blood and only there because parent married in.

Besides, can you even imagine her being friends with Dan?
Old 2012-10-03, 08:37   Link #37356
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yes...frighteningly even as the childhood friend reverse harem member...
Old 2012-10-03, 08:43   Link #37357
Eratas123

Nope. Chifuyu is casual friends with him, but not to the degree Ichika is. Sarashiki Child friend/SCF fills in that role more since he (I'm leaning towards he) is in a complete "Just friends" relationship with her. He even took a lie detector test that asked if he wanted to be in a relationship with her: He answered yes in a completely straight face, but the lie detector called out blatant lies.

The biggest problem isn't introducing Charlotte but rather Charles. The point of the male disguise was to make Ichika more trusting, which might have the opposite effect if you tried it on a girl. Now I'm stuck.
Old 2012-10-03, 08:46   Link #37358
Eratas123

I'm going to sleep. See you tom.
Old 2012-10-03, 08:56   Link #37359
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Let Chifuyu hold the idiot ball. Charlotte first approaches Ichika as Charles and hangs around him. Chifuyu gets a bit jealous at the almost clinginess then add rumors and she gets paranoid that oni-chan might be... swinging for the other team.

Well that works better if you're going for serious. I was actually imagining things to be light hearted. Dan and Chifuyu are strictly platonic but... well... Chifuyu is seriously mature for her age. :sigh: Dan likes older women. Go figure.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that since Chifuyu would switch to Senrigan, she loses Yukihira as well.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-10-03 at 09:20.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:09   Link #37360
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Oh my... Eras just said idealistic... THE APOCALYPSE IS NIGH!

And so should I, as the vanguard of noble brightness, start wearing shades and long jackets, and running the SHOOTiNG ST@R idols through Deus Ex?

Speaking of which, I did dream of a mirror universe of IS... where everyone is an inversion of themselves... where the world is being invaded by an unknown entity.... where there is only war.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest