Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 23:27   Link #3281
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So us it Sheba's fault that Al Thamen created? Because to me, it is totally the couple's fault.
salomon created al-thamen "idea or bases"

sheba didn't act to prevent "al-thamen" works....at this point , salomon was useless, so she need to destroy the old magician side, create a bodyguard group for the palace, sheba didn't act, she had more responsibilities(and very dark duties )...
.........and that world burn.....

- hugo as magi..really...
Old 2014-08-02, 00:30   Link #3282
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I'm just glad this over extended arc is coming to a close. Back to the main characters.
Old 2014-08-02, 01:02   Link #3283
Fwarlord

Some how I grow to love characters in Alma Toran more than the main cast, they look more human and mature.
Old 2014-08-02, 11:44   Link #3284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 234:
Old 2014-08-04, 20:31   Link #3285
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Arba/Gyokuen baby...go fuck yourself, you psychopathic extremist bitch.
It has been a while since I've hated an antagonist as much as I now hate Gyokuen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Some how I grow to love characters in Alma Toran more than the main cast, they look more human and mature.
Agreed, I sometimes forget I'm reading a flashback...which is a good thing because it means I'm enthralled by the story. I tend to get tired of flashbacks way too quickly, but not this one (well, aside from the odd chapter) because of the characters....mainly Sheba <3
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 00:52   Link #3286
dazo

just checked the new chapter of sinbad, he is really a interesting an dangerous being

( it no really a spoiler, but i better write this warning)

chapter 29..
hell yeah... that foreshadowing, that grey path ...that monopoly( he have gold from the dungeon, but still)..that way to advertise his
Spoiler:

chapter 30.

time for economic adventure , protectionism and guild (corruption and old mafias) *yay*
this is better that the main cast, ..a...economic world * drool*....
but , probably the next chapter is...a travel for the brothels *sigh*.... i know ...... this is for comic-relief, but...... you shouldn't mess with women....
---
edit:
about magi chapter, sheva choose to "miss" and only destroy arba shield .....dammit, aim for the head

Last edited by dazo; 2014-08-05 at 01:02.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 03:03   Link #3287
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Regarding the collapse of Alma Toran, I think it's everybody's fault.

1_ Solomon was to absorbed in his own ideal without thinking about the others' feeling. He actually didn't give more than 5 mins to discuss his last decision with his friends. This is a case of " Sometimes, work of good intention may lead to bad consequence".

2_The magicians is a bunch of hypocrite with messiah complex. It turned out they didn't fight because they believe the concept of "Equality", they fought because they thought they're the true disciples of God, acting by God's guide. And when it turn out they're not, they just throw a tantrum!!! They actually resent Solomon for nerfing them and making them just as normal as other species. Solomon was deceived by most of his followers, they never thought other species are equal. What they feel for them is just "pity".

3_Sheba's love is the last drop. She was so devoted to Solomon's Ideal and ban anyone with different opinion from talking to Solomon. In other words, she fall back to her old fanatic way ( just different ideal now ). She ends up creating the gap between Solomon and his former friends. And now we can see why they stand so far away from him. She made it happen.

In the end, the fall of Alma Toran can be described by a line from " planet of the apes":
"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!".

It make me feel so sad to see all the companionship turn out to be nothing. In the end, they couldn't overcome themselves, they just act out of despair because they can't have all the things they wanted.
Old 2014-08-05, 08:04   Link #3288
natchu96

And considering how Aladdin himself is going against orders just telling us this, methinks he doesn't entirely like Solomon's way of doing things either.

Gotta wonder how well he's been taking this ever since he receives Solomon's Wisdom. You grow up in the Holy Palace with a single djinn having no real memories or experiences to speak of, and then you get all this knowledge and you have full memories of how your parents were betrayed and murdered by their own friends.

Suddenly Ugo's bittersweet expression when sending Aladdin off has a lot more meaning. Child of his closest friends that he raised with his own hands here.
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 09:29   Link #3289
Fwarlord

Actually, I think Alma Toran's collapse isn't really anyone's fault, because it's something that was already predicted. David prepare its destruction for hundred of years. One way or another, you can say he manipulated everyone so that Alma Toran could meet its epic demise.

Solomon was raised without any parental love or human interaction so that he will grow up into a great charismatic leader without the ability to sympathize or understand anyone's feeling.

The magicians grew up in the society David created with many racist doctrine so that they believe deep down inside they're the superior race and they have the very right to stand above all other species. No matter what Solomon told them, he can't change their nature, especially when he himself don't understand human that much.

Sheba and Arba was also among those magician so naturally got a loose screw or two, it's just the matter of time for their lunatic side to show up. David probably planted that blind devotion into Arba so that she will hate anyone who blaspheme Illah, prepare for her betrayal against Solomon.

Against such opponent, I don't think Solomon and Co. can do anything to avoid Alma Toran's inevitable destruction.
Old 2014-08-05, 09:41   Link #3290
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

. Honestly, ch.234 made me feel so sad seeing Arba turned into a crazy b*tch. She literally threw everything away just because she couldn't accept Solomon's act.

Luckily, I have Sindbad's latest chapter to fall back on. It seems like heaven granted my tiny wish. A full chapter focused on trading businesss. And Sindbad is so awesome with his speech ( I wish I had economy prof. Like him back in my college days - make studying much more interesting ). I'm starting to see why Jafar can throw away his life for Sindbad now. The guy's charisma and swag can rivals even Persona 4 MC .
Old 2014-08-05, 10:30   Link #3291
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Latest Sinbad was great. This is a very nice complement to the main series. To be honest, I've been enjoying it more than Magi lately. It's what I was looking for when I first started Magi. Fun adventures!
Old 2014-08-05, 11:46   Link #3292
Homura7

Man, I can't imagine how Aladdin must be doing in the present time. He finally got to meet, even if it's just as memories, his beloved mother. I'm certain he must be on the verge of tears knowing he had such a caring mother who worried for his well being all the time.

Meanwhile, the rest of wannabe kings, fanalis, magicians and their mother are in shock of finding out that little boy is actually a king. No wonder the djinn would respectfully bow to Aladdin.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 12:09   Link #3293
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
She ends up creating the gap between Solomon and his former friends. And now we can see why they stand so far away from him. She made it happen.
No, the gab was created by Solomon's authoritarian decision, and then it grew due to Arba's manipulation. Sheba's attitude aggravated the situation, sure, but it wasn't the cause by far.
Old 2014-08-05, 13:52   Link #3294
ChampDream
Alive

that was sad, specially for Sheba and Aladdin.
about the new Sinbad chapter, really like it, interesting that their first try at the bussiness was a failure.
Old 2014-08-05, 17:17   Link #3295
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, been away from internets for nearly a month and now I have to wrap my brain around what happened here...

*sighs* I hate it when the good-looking ones go completely psycho in a way that's over the deep end, never to come back.

... Arba/Gyouken... die. You have earned my eternal anger for this. Not only did you fail to see what Solomon was trying to do, you twisted it, and murdered your pregnant friend/surrogate daughter for it!

Don't resurrect yourself in Hakuei either or every single f*ck in this world and all the others will be given to see you destroyed in such a way that even your tainted Rukh won't survive it. If it does, may it go to Il Ilah and choke it ...

Why do I mention Hakuei at a time like this? I point to Aladdin's relation to Solomon and how many people and Djinn seem to regard him as a clone of Solomon's. Hakuei is also the offspring of a Magi, a particularly devious Magi who could very easily use her as a secondary body should her original not survive the coming war.

Sheba tried so hard but she was too inexperienced to deal with all of that. The visions that Aladdin has seen of her were transferred to him via his mother's Rukh. So sweet and so sad at the same time, especially with what we know now.

And now, everyone knows the same thing - how will this affect the decisions of Sinbad, Kouen, and Alibaba from now on?
Old 2014-08-05, 21:55   Link #3296
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Don't resurrect yourself in Hakuei either or every single f*ck in this world and all the others will be given to see you destroyed in such a way that even your tainted Rukh won't survive it. If it does, may it go to Il Ilah and choke it ...

Why do I mention Hakuei at a time like this? I point to Aladdin's relation to Solomon and how many people and Djinn seem to regard him as a clone of Solomon's. Hakuei is also the offspring of a Magi, a particularly devious Magi who could very easily use her as a secondary body should her original not survive the coming war.
This would make a certain person's revenge really complicated and with a lot of suffering.
Old 2014-08-05, 22:46   Link #3297
dazo

Quote:
Solomon was to absorbed in his own ideal without thinking about the others' feeling. He actually didn't give more than 5 mins to discuss his last decision with his friends. This is a case of " Sometimes, work of good intention may lead to bad consequence".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, the gab was created by Solomon's authoritarian decision, and then it grew due to Arba's manipulation. Sheba's attitude aggravated the situation, sure, but it wasn't the cause by far.
mmmmm... well he is "the king", is a monarchy, so, just like " L'État, c'est moi" or "I am the state" there is no reason for salomon to ask other for a opinion(even if he is a idiot ), he is the absolute leader( even tough he can also be called a tyrant, but not in the actual sense, but in the old greek-roman sense).

the people ask for a king so they got a king, they didn't ask for a senate or assemblies, but is also true that it was to soon for solomon to become a god, they just finish the war, the old rebels are now the leaders (this is serious matter for any country ) so they need to create the bases for the new state...

Quote:
, I think Alma Toran's collapse isn't really anyone's fault, because it's something that was already predicted. David prepare its destruction for hundred of years. One way or another, you can say he manipulated everyone so that Alma Toran could meet its epic demise.
we need more info about david ability, he is not god, he say that he "see the future", but this ability is not from him, is something that he got when he encounter the old god.

even if he see the overwrite of his god and is planing for a greater future, this illusion is also "god works" and lets not start with the "especial cases".

david know how his son think and how the "heroes", are they are the same as the villain and sometimes even more dangerous, he just understand how human thinks..and....if we start talking about "this world is also parallel world of other world", then david isn't more than a pawn.......and maybe in another parallel world, salomon didn't become a god and al-thamen didn't exist..

if we start saying that everything happen because that is what david want, we already are thinking like extremist and forgetting that human are imperfect so( if you believe in god ), we can put away god and make our own path( garden of eden )even if this mean a painful path....and if we are perfect, why we would listen to other force?...this is like talking of the "morning star" or the sinner of all myth and religions...

..at the end....i think that david only see a version of the world..he isn't a archangel, he is a human and still imperfect(even a prophets can make mistakes because they are humans) so i don't believe that everything happen because "that is what he saw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Man, I can't imagine how Aladdin must be doing in the present time. He finally got to meet, even if it's just as memories, his beloved mother. I'm certain he must be on the verge of tears knowing he had such a caring mother who worried for his well being all the time.

Meanwhile, the rest of wannabe kings, fanalis, magicians and their mother are in shock of finding out that little boy is actually a king. No wonder the djinn would respectfully bow to Aladdin.
but that is a problem, the world would start to see at aladdin as "the son of the previous king", and even thinking that he want to become a king like his father( or that he is the true king ).....
the leader of the world will start to distrust the djinn, thinking that the djinn are only faking theirs loyalty to this world leaders....

..aladdin just make a dangerous gamble (like father like son )....a lot of bad thing can happen... and lets not forget how all this talk about "god and destiny" can affect the leaders..(sinbad stay in the grey path dammit )

there is a chance that aladdin just raised a big death flag, so big that we cant see the sun anymore...and he is magi...so he is powerful ...and no...i don't think that the world is gonna be happy with this...

edit:
Quote:

the plot thickens!
a magi son of the original world can be considered the "true kings sucesor", so gyouken sons can be called "sucesors(partially )"so,.. hakuryuu or hakue are "special cases", well ..after all ...they are still alive for a reason

*yay* choke it ..choke the world

Last edited by dazo; 2014-08-05 at 23:01.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 23:27   Link #3298
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Ah, been away from internets for nearly a month and now I have to wrap my brain around what happened here...

*sighs* I hate it when the good-looking ones go completely psycho in a way that's over the deep end, never to come back.

... Arba/Gyouken... die. You have earned my eternal anger for this. Not only did you fail to see what Solomon was trying to do, you twisted it, and murdered your pregnant friend/surrogate daughter for it!

And now, everyone knows the same thing - how will this affect the decisions of Sinbad, Kouen, and Alibaba from now on?
Now that you mention it.......Hakuei does seem a bit similar to Arba in personality before she went completely insane (except replace Solomon with Kouen).

Given that Aladdin has shown everyone how screwed up things became in Alma Toran, I have faith that absolutely none of what you just mentioned will come to pass.........I hope
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 01:20   Link #3299
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

It's good that this current world doesn't have insane fanatics like Alma Toran ( at least not yet ). And David's words about the true "irregular singularity" that create the utopia still confuse me. What does he actually want that utopia to be ?. Could it be that even this revealation is inside his range of manipulation ?
Old 2014-08-06, 03:15   Link #3300
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
It's good that this current world doesn't have insane fanatics like Alma Toran ( at least not yet ). And David's words about the true "irregular singularity" that create the utopia still confuse me. What does he actually want that utopia to be ?. Could it be that even this revealation is inside his range of manipulation ?
The current world had fanatics like those in Alma Toran, just look at Magnostadt.

Whatever else may be said about Aladdin's actions during that arc he at least sort of helped prevent that madness from spreading further.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen