AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 68 43.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 41.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-08, 14:54   Link #21
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Great for Waver having a servant who likes maps...and world domination.

As for the Caster scene oh my.

Such a shame that Assassin is already dead though
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:14   Link #22
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
I'm fine with Assassin being dead. Love the Rider pair, massive hate for the Caster pair.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:16   Link #23
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So great.

I have to believe Kirei is playing a long game, sending Assassin to his death (presumably).

Love Caster and Uryu. What a silly kid! Hopefully that duo survives a long time, so we can see more depravities Urobachi Gen is capable of thinking up.

Waver is showing he's got some brains behind his naivete/youth by not wasting a command seal. I suspect, based on the dichotomy of Rider and Waver that a substitute father/son relationship is going to be borne here.

Gilgamesh. Good to see he's still an arrogant douche.

I liked the scene between Emiya and his daughter Illyasviel. Especially his comment about how he has to cheat to beat her. Why do I get the feeling that this is foreshadowing/a metaphor for how he's going to fight the other Masters/Servants?

Over-all, excellent episode, and Zero continues to be the top show of this season, in my eyes. Though, to be fair, there are still a bunch of potentially good shows that won't air till next week.

Did I mention how much I am loving Urobachi Gen? If only we had a Gen story every season!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:16   Link #24
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

As expected Waver can't handle Rider. Pretty moments of seeing Ilya play around with Emiya. Caster is so freaky! Lol Kotomine makes the first move only to let Assassin meet his doom by Archer. Though liked how he maneuvered his way in. So i'm guessing Archibald has Lancer since they didn't show his summon.
Old 2011-10-08, 15:27   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Assassin dead already?
I'm not going say he's dead for sure with so little evidence. For starters, we don't even know what he can actually do, so it's impossible to say.
Old 2011-10-08, 15:28   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Interviewer: So what kind of personaility do you think a character would have if he was a naive guy who has been drawn into a fantasy world and a magical battle for a Holy Grail?

Nasu: Well he'd be the main character ofcourse! And he'd have strong ideals of saving everyone and becoming a superhero! ^__^

Urobuchi: Hmm...he'd probably be psychopathic serial killer. Someone would a fetish for killing women and children... ¬____¬

Interviewer: o_0'

Nasu: o_0'

Everyone else:...

Urobuchi Gen in a nutshell.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-10-08 at 16:39.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:34   Link #27
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so when does this show air? so i don't have to anxiously check every day. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:36   Link #28
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, i figured that much. but i'm assuming friday in japan, so it'll be out sometime late saturday in the states?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:39   Link #29
webkid94
*Author

DAT Caster scene...intense. Man his master is all sorts of messed up.

Speaking of messed up: Assassin. Ouch.

Great episode all around.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:46   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

good job on the caster scene,

was kinda afraid the boardcast would try to clean it up.

would it be spolish to reveal the name of the person saber was stabbing in the ed sequence?
Old 2011-10-08, 16:18   Link #31
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
good job on the caster scene,

was kinda afraid the boardcast would try to clean it up.

would it be spolish to reveal the name of the person saber was stabbing in the ed sequence?
No, since we can assume everyone has read King Aurthur in their youth.
Old 2011-10-08, 16:23   Link #32
kakakka

I am actually thinking that the caster scene could have been better/made differently a bit. But that's still okay, not really bad.

Nice episode. I think the animation is a bit better than the first one.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 16:29   Link #33
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I love this series to an almost unhealthy level. Gave it a 9/10, but that's only because I expect even more impressive episodes down the line. No complaints whatsoever though.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 16:40   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally some animation! Great one, too.

It looks this series isn't trying to build any sort of mystery regarding the servant's identities, as we already know five of them. Rider/Alexander is awesome. My favorite of the servants to far. And lo and behold, he actually has a ride! Amazing!

I was surprised Kotomie betrayed Tohsaka so soon. I thought he'd wait until the end of the series. Totally expected at any rate.

True loli Illya was more moe than ever <33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
He says who he's based off. Bluebeard, if I remember the legend correctly, had a bunch of wives, and killed them off in gruesome ways. Some story from the 1600s.
He killed children actually. Dismembered them and raped some of them, too. He was a complete nutcase.

Ryuunosuke unknowingly offered him the best present possible. Those two are the most perfect match in this war so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm not going say he's dead for sure with so little evidence. For starters, we don't even know what he can actually do, so it's impossible to say.
He was stabbed in the face, his neck was broken, and his dying words weren't those of someone who has a back-up plan. I'd say it's pretty safe to assume he's done.

It doesn't make much sense for Kotomine to blindly attack the guy with the strongest servant first though. Knowing him, he probably had an ulterior motive in sending his servant to his death. Not sure what it is though.
Old 2011-10-08, 16:45   Link #35
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Gah, Waver is a bit of a bitch...Iskandar/Alexander the Great looks cool though, as befitting of an emperor. And then, LOLI ILYA! I'm really not a lolicon, but she's so very cute! Why oh why don't we have a route for her again? And yeah, there's foreshadowing on how Kiritsugu likes to 'cheat' and how it is the exact opposite of Saber's style of battle.

Well, that's the fun part, what comes up next is as to be expected from Gen Urobuchi. If this is indeed Bluebeard from the Perrault's folktale, I can definitely see where's the murderous sadism is coming from, but I don't expect him to be a Caster of all things. And the master...if Kiritsugu and Saber is total opposite, this one is a match made in heaven. Definitely the pair that people won't mind if they don't win, that's for sure.

And the last part is pretty amazing too. I expect the alliance is to be broken eventually (hell, I won't be surprised if even the partnership between Master and Servant might be broken somehow), but not as early as episode 2. And I definitely didn't expect for Assassin to be killed (or at least, heavily injured) so quickly. And damn, Gilgamesh. Them Gates of Babylon, man.

And with Caster summoned, the War has officially begun. Yeah, things will only get bloodier from here on...
Old 2011-10-08, 16:47   Link #36
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

He killed children actually. Dismembered them and raped some of them, too. He was a complete nutcase.
Both of you are right, actually. Bluebeard is a fictional character made after Rais who killed his wives, whereas Rais is a child murderer. Unless I'm misinterpreting the your statement incorrectly. In which case, oops, heh, just wanted to make it clear to those who don't know him very well, and not trying to correct anybody.

I seem to remember in F/SN that Kotomine lost his servant and went to his father for sanction... or so he said. If it's true, that's a pretty disappointing way for assassin to go out.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 16:52   Link #37
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Giles de Rais, sure. Bluebeard, itself, is your typical fairy tale of a man who murders his wives. Wikipedia speculates that the fairly tale was based off the very real Giles de Rais though. That said, I don't know how much we should read into history on the summoned servants. Obviously, Gen has taken large liberties for all summoned servants, and I don't think any of the servants are going to exactly be carbon copies of their pop culture cutouts.

I actually hadn't realized Giles de Rais had such a torrid past. He certainly wasn't portrayed that way in the PSP game, Jeanne D'Arc, where he was one of my near-permanent members of my team, and seemed like such a swell guy. I should have realized only psychotic men wear that much mascara and facecream.

Edit: Just realized on Wikipedia's Giles de Rais page, they said he's Caster in Fate/Zero. There we go.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-08 at 17:13.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:13   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Giles de Rais, sure. Bluebeard, itself, is your typical fairy tale of a man who murders his wives. Wikipedia speculates that the fairly tale was based off the very real Giles de Rais though. I don't know how much we should read into history on the summoned servants though. Obviously, Gen has taken large liberties for all summoned servants.

I actually hadn't realized Giles de Rais had such a torrid past. He certainly wasn't portrayed that way in the PSP game, Jeanne D'Arc, where he was one of my near-permanent members of my team. I should have realized only psychotic men wear that much mascara and facecream.
It all depends on whether Caster is based on the real man or the fairytale. The fact he enjoyed killing that kid so much and the ED image showing him about to get hanged leads me to think it's the former.

Furthermore, let's not forget Urobuchi wrote this. Between a man who killed his wives, and one who gruesomely killed and raped children, who would he choose as a character in his story? I think we all know the answer
Old 2011-10-08, 17:28   Link #39
Green²
It's bacon!

Poor Saber... It's like the summoning went down as though there was a some sort of mistake at the drive-through at BK.

Spoiler for How I imagined it all went down.:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:28   Link #40
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Kirei betraying Tohsaka? Its more like Kirei is just "ordered" to check Gil's strength to me (I'm not reading the LN, mind you.)
And yeah, they think they do not need Assasin again as long they have Gil.. Kirei's still there to help Tohsaka anyway.