AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-07, 20:35   Link #2281
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
Tatsuki has done everything she could have done to protect her, she made it her job to look after her. Tatsuki was the first and (for a long time) only person to protect her since her brother's death. Ichigo would've never even remembered who she was if not for Tatsuki, he actually introduced her by saying "she's friends with this girl I grew up with".
That also makes Ichigo sound even more incredible. Because despite how little they knew eachother at the time, Ichigo still risked his life without hesitation to save both her and her brother. So while Tatsuki may deserve some credit for knowing Orihime longer, and playing the role of guardian by protecting Orihime from some of lifes trials and tribulations (like bullies and name callers), it doesn't negate all the credit Ichigo deserves for what he did and will continue to do for her (on a life or death basis).

Quote:
So no, just becasue he is a generally great person doesn't mean that you are justified in neglecting your best friend who you goes way back with.
Perhaps. But when you already owe your life to that "great person" and that "great person" turns out to be a great friend who you'd gladly risk your life for in return, I could see things taking on an entirely different dynamic.

Quote:
Girls who starts to ignoring their friends after getting a boyfriend ends up with no one to go to after their break up.
Well then it's a good thing Ichigo's just a friend and not a boyfriend.

Quote:
And Ichigo isn't even her boyfriend, he hasn't even showed any interests in her whatsoever.
Interests how? Romantically? Well if we're going to go there, then neither has Tatsuki. Both Ichigo and Tatsuki have perfectly valid and justifiable reasons for becoming close to Orihime. Both would risk it all to protect her, and both have done so in ways the other has not. Personally, I don't think Tatsuki has anything on Ichigo and vice-versa. As friends, they're very much equal IMO. The fact that Orihime chose to see Ichigo out of love seems like a logical deciding factor when both of these individuals can arguably be viewed in just about equal regards as best friends. So we're going to have agree to disagree.

Last edited by sayde; 2008-12-07 at 23:45.
Old 2008-12-07, 21:16   Link #2282
wtfftw

Its all about the big boob lovers and lolicon lovers

nah joking. if i have to say anything most people just follow the masses cuz its easy.

In fact if someone people meet someone like Rukia or Orihime IRL they would actually like that person. When they watch a cartoon its different. Like how i wouldnt say most things about against characters if they existed.

I think Grimjov is a cool guy i like his i dont give a fuck attitude. But the truth is Grimjov IRL is just a ruthless savage psycho murder who would kill you wihout any reason what soever. I would hate such a person.

The same shit with Orihime and Rukia. There things people think they dont like which they actually do respect IRL.
Old 2008-12-07, 22:26   Link #2283
Scarlett_Rain55

^^Yup yup so true. I can't believe people would want to see characters sweet, endearing characters like Orihime die a horrible death, when there are far worse people out there!
Old 2008-12-07, 22:36   Link #2284
yuurei
Yuurei-Kun

Send a message via MSN to yuurei
Wow wow hi im new here ... and about this discussion.... wats wrong wit it? It just a character...why some of you dislike orihime....Actually all character has it own personallity so dont blame it...rukia and orihime is just the same...They are some kind of art that created by his creator..So if you guys want to blame..blame the one who create the character out Pls do not hate me...
Old 2008-12-08, 00:02   Link #2285
Animepandafreak
Panda(ie)-chan

Send a message via AIM to Animepandafreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
Wow wow hi im new here ... and about this discussion.... wats wrong wit it? It just a character...why some of you dislike orihime....Actually all character has it own personallity so dont blame it...rukia and orihime is just the same...They are some kind of art that created by his creator..So if you guys want to blame..blame the one who create the character out Pls do not hate me...
yea they should ppl kust hatein its annoyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
^^Yup yup so true. I can't believe people would want to see characters sweet, endearing characters like Orihime die a horrible death, when there are far worse people out there!
agree its mean she's just a character

Hey, check out MY MANGA IDEA, so i hope u check it out and express your feelings.
Old 2008-12-08, 00:35   Link #2286
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
It just a character...why some of you dislike orihime...
Why do the majority of people love Han Solo/Darth Vader and call Luke Skywalker whiny? Why did people prefer Jr Ewing over Bobby in Dallas? Why so much love for Ali/Nena in Gundam 00 over Saji? Etc etc.

wtfftw is right. This is about entertainment. Orihime, no matter how nice and sweet she is, has a very low entertaining value for the majority of people. Her archetype, her issues, and the way her character is executed don't appeal to a lot of people. And since they're not interested in her, or even annoyed, her presence turns into a nuisance and then hate.

I never saw the issue with hating a fictional character, whether it's love or hate, it's perfectly human
Old 2008-12-08, 01:00   Link #2287
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
'Cuz 'sweet and endearing' people make me want to kill them .

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-12-08, 12:06   Link #2288
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
But just for the record though. If she actually did it, it would be creepy and wrong. And he would necessrarily like it, because he never asked for that, he never even snack a glance at her rack or did anything in the least to suggest that.
He was asleep and Orihime was practically a ghost. Of course he wouldn't like it, he wouldn't feel it.

Quote:
It was a hard choice, but it's still very much a conscious choice she made. The Kubo never clearly indicated whether she actually planned to try to kiss him or whether her feelings merely came over her. And why does that matter?
As long as it was a hard choice, I don't see what the problem is. At that point Ichigo had saved her life a number of times and demonstrated his innate kindness to both his friends and family. All while playing the part of oblivious nice guy who just does this stuff naturally because he's so damn soft and tender at heart. Girls have fallen in love for a lot less.

And it matters because what someone intends to do and what they might end up doing can often be completely different. People do bad things but are they bad people? No...they just mess up.

-----

Got a question for everyone who cares to answer. I'd be interested in reading your views. I had a talk with one of my teachers and he seemed certain that girls are more spiteful by nature and the majority of guys tend to be kinder and more forgiving. Could this be the reason why a larger number of girls hate Orihime?
Old 2008-12-08, 12:14   Link #2289
sayde

I cracked a smirk after reading that question. Having stated that, I wouldn't mind reading a few responses.
Old 2008-12-08, 12:25   Link #2290
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Got a question for everyone who cares to answer. I'd be interested in reading your views. I had a talk with one of my teachers and he seemed certain that girls are more spiteful by nature and the majority of guys tend to be kinder and more forgiving. Could this be the reason why a larger number of girls hate Orihime?
No. I don't think one gender is more spiteful. I think it's just easier to hate a character of the same gender than you are. Take Suzaku from Code Geass, the amount of hate he received from the male fandom was gigantic (even more than Orihime I think).
And by lurking at other forums mostly dominated by males, I saw plenty of Orihime hate too, although it was just less discussed and less related to shipping (yes, females seem to ship more actively, so they do focus more on the Rukia/Orihime rivalry, I guess).
Old 2008-12-08, 12:29   Link #2291
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
agree its mean she's just a character
Going by the same logic, I can also ask fans why they love her. I mean, she's just a character right? Why being so defensive and angry at haters?

I don't hate Orihime being I'm spiteful. Gender does not matter, it all depends on personality whether you like her or not.
Of course boys would like her more. She is freaking hot.
Old 2008-12-08, 12:46   Link #2292
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
First of all, that was a lovely post. :>

I'm probably not a very good candidate for answering your question, since everyone here knows I love Orihime. But I can say that your teacher's statement has some validity to it, although I really hope no girl would actually be spiteful of a 2-D, fictional girl. We've got enough on our plates in real life; the last thing we should be worrying about is a manga character. As for guys being kinder and more forgiving, I disagree. I think both genders are pretty much equal in that regard, and guys can certainly be spiteful too, no?

I think their reasons for hating her guts are more related to the fact that she's weak, she can be annoying at times (Kurosaki-kun X 9000), and some would argue that her character has actually regressed. They think her entire being revolves around Ichigo and find it disgusting. Even though I don't agree with that, I can easily see how people would get frustrated with her character. Maybe she's just a little too girly for their tastes?

Some people (usually rabid IchiRuki shippers) will point to her confession as a reason to hate her. They're entitled to their opinions, whatever, but it's a little silly to hate someone for being in love and daring to confess it to the object of their affection. Say it was mushy, fine, but why hate her for it? Geez.

btw, massive, massive lolz at the sexual assault arguments upthread. She should have gone all the way and kissed him.
Old 2008-12-08, 13:37   Link #2293
Blerghovic
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
But I can say that your teacher's statement has some validity to it, although I really hope no girl would actually be spiteful of a 2-D, fictional girl. We've got enough on our plates in real life; the last thing we should be worrying about is a manga character.
Have you not seen some of the other posts on this thread. I think you can find some spite.

Quote:
I think their reasons for hating her guts are more related to the fact that she's weak, she can be annoying at times (Kurosaki-kun X 9000)
Actually, I think you'll find it's over 9000 (It had to be done).
Old 2008-12-08, 13:52   Link #2294
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiraishin View Post
Have you not seen some of the other posts on this thread. I think you can find some spite.
I know, I know, but I hope they're not serious about it. I don't really understand what there is to be spiteful of, I guess.

If there is one thing this thread has taught me, it's that Orihime hate is srs biz.

Quote:
Actually, I think you'll find it's over 9000 (It had to be done).
I was just begging for that one. I knew someone would do it. XD
Old 2008-12-08, 13:57   Link #2295
Blerghovic
Meh

Quote:
Other than the superpower aspect, what's so unrealistic about him being a teenager? Either way, his portrayal is a lot more grounded on reality than anything in Sleeping Beauty.
Again... Ichigo? Grounded in reality? Realistically portrayed? I...just...can't...comprehend...
Old 2008-12-08, 15:31   Link #2296
Mishasan
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol I like her and I'm a Ichiruki fan. Sometimes I think shes too weak and yes its because of her calling his name a thousand times and not doing anything. but I think shes not a fighter but more of a healer.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:32   Link #2297
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:

-----

I find I agree with the teacher. Whenever I would talk about a girl and someone would ask me why. I would reply..
"because they are talking about me" Sometimes girls will just hate on other girls. Sometimes they have a reason to, and sometimes its for nothing.

In Orihime's case. It's what she represents. Most girls aren't that way. we don't like that archetype because of it.

Can I ask you a question? Why are you asking that question?

Pages and pages now the Hime-haters have said why. Why are you ignoring those reasons and trying to find an even deeper meaning? Why not just take what we say at face value? Or is it because you cannot admit to her faults?
Old 2008-12-08, 15:40   Link #2298
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I dunno im a guy and i hate orihime not because shes a girl but because her actions just tick me of 95% of the time and the other 5% is when i dont have to see her...I hav nothing against her obsession for Ichi(except the over excessive kurosaki-kuns) just for her being the most powerful character(potentially) but is in fact becoming the most useless(aside from being a Mobile Hospital)
Old 2008-12-08, 16:11   Link #2299
Scarlett_Rain55

^^Yeah cause Bleach would so intense and suspenseful if Orihime just rejected all the villains by herself with no ease.
Old 2008-12-08, 16:29   Link #2300
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
I was just begging for that one. I knew someone would do it. XD
You are made of win! XD
Closed Thread