Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 11:36   Link #3241
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Good to know someone retaliated. Bloody carebear Alliance. What's his user name? I need to give him a standing ovation. Come to think of it, are you on Blackrock too?
No, I'm on Akama (shitty realm). But I have a lvl 58 DK on Blackrock just sitting there waiting for me.

His name is Midgeq.

Proof of his work.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 11:50   Link #3242
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well good to know someone else made it just as hard for the other side. Gets rather annoying seeing consecutive Consecrates and Death and Decays in the NPC tent. Still managed to get my turn-ins done but most of my guildies missed getting them in before the daily reset.

Speaking of which, did dailies suddenly restart 1 hour earlier on all servers? Certainly did on mine.

From WorldofRaids updates, Ensidia and For teh horde are both 2 bosses in at present.
Old 2009-04-15, 11:52   Link #3243
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Not too many issues from the Frostwolf server that were obvious for me (no ques though. yay!). Though people did fall through the planet over and over again when the server first went live . Only player bug I heard of from my guildies was that some of our paladins said they were able to activate 2 auras at once. Oh, and rogues not liking the new Fan of Knives animation.

With add-ons probably broken and people testing out the new class changes we decided to have no official guild raid this week. Though some of us threw together a 10-man run to test out the new instance. Flame Leviathan was fun. A little crazy at first but we managed to take him down after a few tries (well, I did while in a Demo spamming attack and backing up as the last one alive ). Odd thing was that he targeted the Demos a few times during the fight instead of the Siege Engines. The dragon was pretty intense in dealing with all the damage that he was spitting around. Though once you get him to land permanently its pretty cake. Ignis and Deconstructor...were a pain. We did a few attempts but couldn't take them down before it started getting late. For Ignis we need to find a better way to molten the constructs without the tank dying . As for Deconstructor...those 2 sets of adds inside the door (left and right) owned us badly since they BOTH come at the same time (and although we skipped them they came along with the adds at 75%). I really hope that's a bug...

Overall Utgarde is fun AND a challenge from what I've tried so far. I'm definitely looking forward to more weeks of tackling the instance
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 12:06   Link #3244
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

We had issues with Flame Leviathan targeting demolishers also. First time it happened at the beginning of the fight and officers assumed it was because he'd hit the boss before any of the tanks. Second time I as tank gunner was the first to hit him, he chased our tank around for a while, then targeted a demolisher anyway. Could be just a bug. Not that it mattered at all on 25 man, fun but a complete zergfest.

Ulduar crashed while we were trying Razorscale and we called it. Was really late and I had work in the morning so I logged, apparently some guildies ran a 10 man though and downed Razorscale and Deconstructor.

Don't worry too much about Ignis, he's bugged. Killing the adds apparently doesn't remove his damage buff and he melees when charging people, one-shotting them. People seem to think he's currently doing more damage than intended also.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 12:15   Link #3245
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Only player bug I heard of from my guildies was that some of our paladins said they were able to activate 2 auras at once.
Yeah, it's similar to the double-tracking bug. If a paladin logged out with an Aura activated prior to the patch, that Aura is marked as 'off' meaning they can activate an aura. Turning off the aura that remains active fixes this. It won't last through a couple of relogs anyway.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 13:09   Link #3246
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
I heard from a guildmate that they apparently applied a hotfix that fixed Ignis.
Old 2009-04-15, 13:23   Link #3247
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I've been hearing that too but then reading threads where people are still complaining about him. Though apparently Ulduar is still down on a lot of servers anyway. Hopefully the servers and Ignis are both fixed for tonight, haven't been this excited to log on in a very long time (not so excited yesterday as it was rather obvious the patch was going to cause serious errors and downtime like always.)

Speaking of Ignis though, that trash is hilarious. We lost more people to those tornados than to Flame Leviathan. Made me really miss the Hawkeye talent too, though it's not worth the dps loss it would now take to get it.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:02   Link #3248
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Yea, melee really don't like the fire reveant mobs . And that bouncing debuff you get from the first 2 giants is really annoying...

I just want them to fix those 2 trash mobs by the Deconstructor cause having them pull at the same time in 10-man is really, really bad
Old 2009-04-15, 15:14   Link #3249
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
I don't know why people go in with any kind of expectation of things working well on a patch day. One would figure they would remember previous patch days, but apparently not.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:44   Link #3250
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Have yet to log into the game since the patch, but my poor poor lock On the bright side, i'm loving my shadow priest dps increase

Quote:
We are hotfixing Conflagrate to do 70% of Immolate's total periodic damage instantly (down from 100%). The tooltip may still say 100%, so we didn't want this to feel like a stealth nerf.

Since there are so many threads on the topic, it was hard to pick a single one to post this in.

We want for warlocks to have some burst potential, but we feel like it is too high. We don't want the lock playstyle to be the "run around and drop people with huge nukes" gimmick that we have already tried to tone down in say Arcane mages. We don't want to push all warlocks, even in PvP, towards Destruction just to get these big hits or crits. Even if you are "only" getting 5K crits off of an instant spell, it will still be a great button to push. Source
Oh well, logging in later to fish for my turtle.

EDIT: Baaawwwww~ isnt he cute? *lol*
Old 2009-04-15, 16:54   Link #3251
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I chuckled as General was filled with people getting ported all over the place when dieing. One guy ended up in Lakeshire when he died in the Nexus, another found himself near Sentinel Hill graveyard when he died in Shattrah... from exhaustion. XD
Old 2009-04-15, 17:12   Link #3252
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I chuckled as General was filled with people getting ported all over the place when dieing. One guy ended up in Lakeshire when he died in the Nexus, another found himself near Sentinel Hill graveyard when he died in Shattrah... from exhaustion. XD
Haven't seen anything like that yet but when the original Wrath patch hit I was seconds away from "drowning" just standing in the middle of Stormwind. Oh yeah, and, we lost one of our Siege Engines before even starting trash because if you try to use Steam Rush while on terrain elevated even an inch you will fall through the world and die. That's why they removed that ability from Wintergrasp haha.
Old 2009-04-15, 17:17   Link #3253
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Ecountered the 'talent tree freezes' bug now while leveling my dwarf warrior.
Had it with him 2 times already... this bug really sucks now... I wait until gm tickets are available again... don't want to run to the trainer every time this happens.
Old 2009-04-15, 17:29   Link #3254
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

My talents are bugged too. Apparently I only have 70 points and I don't have Black Arrow or Explosive shot despite them being on my action bar. Luckily this just seems to be a display error as they both work, it's still pretty stupid though.

Edit: I am lol'ing at Ghostcrawler's comment on the conflag nerf - "Calling us poopyheads has not generally proven an effective strategy in getting a nerf undone".

That'd be sig-worthy stuff if I were actually willing to ever change mine.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-04-15 at 17:40.
Old 2009-04-15, 17:54   Link #3255
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's gold right there.

I've started to level my pally again, and I'm quite satisfied at the ability to take on multiple mobs, even though I'm only level 29 (I hear prot doesn't become decent until reckoning) of course, changing exorcism to affect breathing targets and certain-crit on non-breathing targets does help in upping the dps.

If only there was something to bring that 15 sec cooldown down a notch.
Old 2009-04-15, 20:09   Link #3256
Xacual

From experience I can say that reckoning is pretty much worthless, your weapon won't usually have good enough dps for it to actually matter. 1hand weapon spec is really important though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 20:12   Link #3257
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Exciting day of raiding so far. Ulduar was down for an hour after our raid was supposed to start, it came back up, we got 2 attempts at Razorscale, and the raid then lagged and has been trapped frozen in the instance going on 40 minutes.
Old 2009-04-15, 21:21   Link #3258
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

ew...

We did 2 10m runs last night, had 3 goes at Razorscale then server went down for 2hrs, and we called it. Tonights the 25m raid, so should be fun. Looking forward to FL again, launching gnomes from a catapult was awesome.
Old 2009-04-15, 21:40   Link #3259
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The 25 being much harder than 10 philosophy appears to be working. Ensidia are 12/13 for 10 man Ulduar but only 2/14 for 25 man. Interestingly though, they were somehow able to kill Ignis while For teh horde went a different direction and killed Razorscale.

Perhaps it be balanced after all...
Old 2009-04-15, 23:02   Link #3260
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Not really "going in a different direction", Razorscale and Ignis are pretty much right next to each other. Not sure what you mean about Ensidia either as they are fighting Yogg-Saron on 25 man right now (unless you just mean firsts).

My guild has downed Razorscale and Deconstructor, should have Assembly of Iron soon.

Edit: Oh and Deconstructor has the weirdest voice ever.

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2009-04-15 at 23:18.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows