AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 04:51   Link #41
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It is. Magazines are literally calling it a season 4 of Slayers now. I know it's hard to believe.
Old 2008-03-03, 06:23   Link #42
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I want to see Sylphiel so bad. I agree that it'd be nice to see Luna and Naga, though I don't think the novels follow that path yet.

Can you imagine? Another trilogy of Slayers seasons? That'd be pretty insane. In a good way of course.
In what way? Do you want to see her rivalling for Gourry's heart (or stomach with food), or do you want to see more of her story line. I'm not too sure what they can do for her home town as that got rather blatted

Personally I want some Luna goodness that isn't in the form of eye catches.

Xellos rocks hard too, but he is only good with the scooby gang to bully.

I so want to see some actual development between Amelia and the cold hearted swordsman. I fear the day that the writer gives Zal back his humanity. Well humanity is in the heart isn't it?
Old 2008-03-03, 07:38   Link #43
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it'll be pretty wild if Sylphiel and maybe even Zangulus joins the adventuring-band circuit or cameos sometime. I mean, Sylphiel really can't have it worse with her home town, I agree. I think adventuring could suit her now though.

I always imagined Sylphiel and Zangulus joining forces for like a decade.

That said, I would probably be happy with cameos anyway.

Oh, and even more elaboration on the Dragon Magazine article:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/QPHOUSE/dragonmagazine.html

A must read!
Old 2008-03-03, 08:15   Link #44
grey_moon

Quote:
I think it'll be pretty wild if Sylphiel and maybe even Zangulus joins the adventuring-band circuit or cameos sometime. I mean, Sylphiel really can't have it worse with her home town, I agree. I think adventuring could suit her now though.

I always imagined Sylphiel and Zangulus joining forces for like a decade.

That said, I would probably be happy with cameos anyway.

Oh, and even more elaboration on the Dragon Magazine article:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/QPHOUSE/dragonmagazine.html

A must read!
Hee hee an interesting paring, I can imagine Martina stalking them as well

I've not done any of the novels but I've always wondered if Lina manages to vanquish all of the high ranking Mazoku would she run out of attacks? I guess she has LoNM (bit too dangerous) and she is nifty with shaman spells too.

What would really make my day is if Lina finds a spell that taps Xellos' power for an attack
Old 2008-03-03, 13:31   Link #45
Star Jewel

I love Slayers. It is and always will be one of my favs. I've heard things, on another forum I go to, about them releasing a 4th season, following the TRY arc. I just hope and pray that it's true.
Old 2008-03-03, 14:14   Link #46
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Jewel View Post
I just hope and pray that it's true.
Don't make me give you the Lina speech on confidence
Old 2008-03-03, 16:26   Link #47
NakedAngelX

If you've seen Slayers Premium, Zal and Amelia's relationship has become pretty close hehe. The one thing i want to see is dragon slave inr NEW, BETTER, COOLER animation!!! & Of course, some more greedy Lina and dumb Gourry
Old 2008-03-04, 02:26   Link #48
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
If you've seen Slayers Premium, Zal and Amelia's relationship has become pretty close hehe. The one thing i want to see is dragon slave inr NEW, BETTER, COOLER animation!!! & Of course, some more greedy Lina and dumb Gourry
Me thinking of baby zal and amelia close

Woooot Lina greedy!?! Never!!! They are just the spoils that she has taken off them nasty bandits and she is returning it to the public via the restaurants.

I want more Naga development. I want to know if the rumours about her are true or not. I know that most of us believe them to be...
Old 2008-03-04, 02:37   Link #49
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

What rumors about Naga?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-03-04, 02:44   Link #50
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post

What rumors about Naga?
Spoiler for for Naga's rumour:

Last edited by grey_moon; 2008-03-04 at 02:49. Reason: expanded on rumour
Old 2008-03-04, 03:04   Link #51
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
X3 Thanks for the link SuperKnuckles~ SQUEE! This fall wow. Hopefully the translator's prediction is true.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2008-03-04, 05:01   Link #52
mtarzaim

This just made my month.

Even with a subpart animation, I would buy it as long as they manage to keep the sentimental/comedy from NEXT and the drama/Epic from the TRY.
And the TRY OST of course.

Wishing list :
- More Xelloss (the TRY one )
- More Xelloss' boss
- More pairing
- More details about Slayers' world
- More (badass) Gourry (Possessed version from NEXT) ! ! !

Old 2008-03-04, 07:03   Link #53
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm curious to see if Megumi still has it in regard to the opening song.
Old 2008-03-04, 08:31   Link #54
grey_moon

Anyone got any theories on who the big bad guy is going to be in the new series?

Thinking about it, Lina no longer has her sword of light or the demon jewels. That means it is going to really hard for her to use the laguna blade isn't it?
Old 2008-03-04, 08:57   Link #55
Mossygirl
Rollo sees you

I feel like I'm dreaming! I never imagined there would be another season. It'll be great to see Slayers with new animation, though I'm a little bit worried about what they'll do with the plot and characters (it's really anyone's guess) -- if they'll make changes in order to appeal to a new audience, etc. ... still, I'll be looking forward to the fourth season immensely ^_^
Old 2008-03-04, 10:23   Link #56
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I am not a hardcore fan of the series or anything similar, but I have watched quite a bit of Slayers regardless.

Looking forward to this new season.
Old 2008-03-04, 10:55   Link #57
yozaku
Always Idle

Whoaa new slayers?

I hope its animation will improve
Old 2008-03-04, 10:56   Link #58
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
This just made my month.

Even with a subpart animation, I would buy it as long as they manage to keep the sentimental/comedy from NEXT and the drama/Epic from the TRY.
And the TRY OST of course.

Wishing list :
- More Xelloss (the TRY one )
- More Xelloss' boss
- More pairing
- More details about Slayers' world
- More (badass) Gourry (Possessed version from NEXT) ! ! !
Considering this is JC Staff we're talking about and how the original Slayers trilogy pushed what was possible in animation (some of the earlier usage of integrated CG and computerized coloring in a TV anime series), and how the current anime the Slayers director is going (Shana 2), I have a lot of faith that the new show should look pretty gorgeous. And 11 years is a long time to scratch the itch for visual improvement in the series.

I also think Xellos is basically a guarantee, though I hope they don't make him too overpowering like some moments in Try.

Just about every seiyuu involved seems to say that more information will come in the next Dragon issue. I can't wait! Imagine if they drop us the whole load with the OP and even a possible teaser. If they were making the show for a while, they should have something ready by then. Also, I think Megumi is a shoe-in for OP/ED since she has hinted that since late last year. If Megumi herself was all wrapped up in that rumor, there really is no doubt.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:17   Link #59
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
JC Staff

and how the current anime the Slayers director is going (Shana 2)
*throws up*

I'm pretty shocked to know that the Slayers are indeed made by J.C. Staff (who have disappointed me with two poor sequels in a row recently) and the director, I can put kindly as inconsistent.

I really don't know what to expect - they've done some good anime as well as horrible ones in the past.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:37   Link #60
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
*throws up*

I'm pretty shocked to know that the Slayers are indeed made by J.C. Staff (who have disappointed me with two poor sequels in a row recently) and the director, I can put kindly as inconsistent.

I really don't know what to expect - they've done some good anime as well as horrible ones in the past.
Hmm I don't think they would dare butcher Slayers. The other two were not as well established and loved as Slayers is. Me thinks lynching on a global scale would go on. I'm willing to give them a chance to redeem themselves. I mean would Megumi silently sit to one side and let them butcher Lina? I certainly hope not...

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy