3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-09, 21:05   Link #141
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You know, Lubcyzk send off to his viewing of the series is reasonable and thoughtful enough that it doesn't seem flamey. I'm okay with it because not everybody has to like everything as much as I do. Although I think he's missed a lot of the character development and dialogue that would go a long way to allieviating his criticisms, I think he's made the right decision for himself if that's really how he views the series.

Though I'd be loathe to drop the series now as it's getting really exciting for me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 21:09   Link #142
Cherudim Arche

That is why people should watch the upcoming episodes then.
Assuming that the entire series of 00 may become this way is too premature. There is barely enough information to go on about the rest of the factions.

It is too early to just quit watching, I am sure people behind 00 has some more tricks in store.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 21:36   Link #143
X207
Gamyūsa

how many times has it been that shinsen beat the other sub groups to the newest gundam 00 ep?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 21:41   Link #144
4Tran

Wow, what a disappointing episode. I only counted a single thing that was good in it: Tieria's "Ore...", "Boku...", "Watashi..."
Old 2007-12-09, 22:54   Link #145
Mangaka-chan

For me this was a really good episode, mostly due to character development and interactions, so I give it a 9/10.

I was really surprised by Tieria being reduced to tears when he was forced to bring out Nadleeh prematurely. To see someone get so frustrated that he (yes, he; I maintain that Tieria is a guy) would cry, it helped to humanize Tieria's character quite a bit in my book.

And Hallelujah was just insane this episode. The way he taunted the HRL pilot before offing him was really sadistic, and yet I get the feeling it isn't just out of sheer maddness either, which makes it even freakier. Makes me wonder what exactly HRL did to Allelujah/Hallelujah to make him such an angry person.

The only thing I have against the episode was the part with Louise at the beginning. Her arguing with her mom seems really out of place for the serious drama that was about to unfold through the rest of the episode.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 22:58   Link #146
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
The only thing I have against the episode was the part with Louise at the beginning. Her arguing with her mom seems really out of place for the serious drama that was about to unfold through the rest of the episode.
Do not worry, I have a feeling that sunrise will have louise killed off in the near future.

believe it!
Old 2007-12-09, 23:33   Link #147
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Do not worry, I have a feeling that sunrise will have louise killed off in the near future.

believe it!
No, kill saji and leave her alive for lolikon stratos or someone better.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 00:17   Link #148
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
i just watched episode 10 few minutes ago but, Gundam virtue goes CAST OFF MODE!! *reference of kamen rider kabuto*

'CHANGE NAADLEH'
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 00:32   Link #149
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Sweet pop tarts! Holy jumping banana boats!!!

Spoiler for CUTEST Tieria scene EVER!!!:

HAAAAAAUUUUUU!!!! KAWAIIIIII!!! OMOCHIKAERIIIIII!!!! *Goes into Rena's omochikaeri mode or my Otaku mode* THIS is the CUTEST Tieria scene EVAAAAAAAAAR!!!! I wanna HUG him na no da!!! I listened to the Mulan song "I'll Make a Man Outta You".
oh please. stop that. about bishie stuff. this is gundam episode thread here, you know.

*GAY. VERY GAY. UBER GAY. THE GAYEST. AND THE MOTHERSHIP....*
*quote from chuck & larry movie*

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2007-12-10 at 09:10.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 01:03   Link #150
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Dissapointing my a$$...This episode was great...Watching the Raw I thought it was awesome and after seeing the sub it just reinforced it...Only if SEED was your first ever G-series could I understand certain b!tching about this series, but to those of us who have seen most if not all of Gundam (especially the older series) episodes like this win so hard...This ep had an old-school feel, presentation, and coldness about it...So much more to say on this ep it ain't funny, but ZZzZzZZZz's await...I'll sort out my feelings more after-work tommorrow...

But this was such a great episode (Visually for starters which some kinda bypass when discussing)...
Old 2007-12-10, 01:07   Link #151
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
oh please. stop that.

*GAY. VERY GAY. UBER GAY. THE GAYEST. AND THE MOTHERSHIP....*
*quote from chuck & larry movie*
I have no discrimination against gays in real life but im against gay in animes but not when they look like one. When they are not, theyre metrosexual. Yaoi tends to spoil the characters with great potential.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 01:08   Link #152
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the Conclave-Mendoi sub of Episode 10. Before I discuss the episode itself, let me first go into a sidetrack on just one of the aspects that made Full Metal Panic? The Second Raid so good as a mecha series:

Spoiler for FMP? TSR, Episode 04. Don't read if you've yet to watch it.:

By contrast, when a viewer is watching a Gundam show such as this one, and especially at such an early stage of the entire run, the viewer JUST knows that, because it is a Gundam, it's going to pull something out of its (figuratively AND literally) fat ass to save itself. One just knows that the deus ex machina is coming....and sure enough, if anything about this episode is a deus ex machina, Nadleeh and Hallelujah would be just about it. The result; a relative lack of suspense, since the viewer knows that they're most likely to resolve the situation, and most likely do so with figurative brute force rather than guile.

And what was the point of the Louise-Mother-Saji scene in the beginning, anyway?!

Other than that, the high production values of this episode ensures that it gets nothing less than an 8. Unfortunately, the uninspired writing of this episode ensures that it gets nothing more than an 8, either. So 8 it is.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 01:12   Link #153
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I have no discrimination against gays in real life but im against gay in animes but not when they look like one. When they are not, theyre metrosexual. Yaoi tends to spoil the characters with great potential.
Except of course... There has NEVER been any Yaoi in Gundam!

And if you consider fanarts to count, then every anime is all at the same time Yaoi, Yuri and Hentai. In fact, throw in guro as well. Star Trek, Star Wars, LotR, and James Bond Movies would also count.

Pretty much every male fictitious character, animated or otherwise, has been drawn in yaoi situations somewhere. So by your own rules, everything you see on TV is Yaoi.
Old 2007-12-10, 01:15   Link #154
monster

OK, maybe I was too harsh on this Min guy, but man Hallelujah is just so mean. Though I think his existence is probably a result of Allelujah to cope with his life, so to a certain extent, I kind of blame Allelujah too for this.

Anyways, CB seems to be overreacting to this. OK, so they had to show Nadleh, but I don't think it was that big of a deal since Nadleh didn't have too show too many of its secrets (hopefully it has more). I mean, it certainly wasn't a failure since no gundam was captured. They'll just have to rethink Nadleh's part in their whole plan, that's all.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 01:21   Link #155
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched the Conclave-Mendoi sub of Episode 10. Before I discuss the episode itself, let me first go into a sidetrack on just one of the aspects that made Full Metal Panic? The Second Raid so good as a mecha series:

Ingenuity? We are talking about a young girl who had her intellect enhanced by the Deux Ex Machina condition called "Whispered". If Tessa couldn't get them out of that situation, then she doesn't deserve to sit in the Captain's chair. She was earning her salary that episode, nothing more.
Old 2007-12-10, 01:26   Link #156
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ingenuity? We are talking about a young girl who had her intellect enhanced by the Deux Ex Machina condition called "Whispered". If Tessa couldn't get them out of that situation, then she doesn't deserve to sit in the Captain's chair. She was earning her salary that episode, nothing more.
Yes, but we didn't see Sousuke activating the Lambda Driver at will to reverse the situation and pWn all and sundry, did we?

Far as I am concerned, intellectual thinking and unique solutions are always much more entertaining than the standard hot-blooded "I pWn you" fare.

EDIT: And if we were going by your logic, one might argue that Sumeragi certainly doesn't deserve to sit in the Captain's chair, either. Granted, some are already saying that, but well.
Old 2007-12-10, 01:28   Link #157
monster

Quote:
Far as I am concerned, intellectual thinking and unique solutions are always much more entertaining than the standard hot-blooded "I pWn you" fare.
You don't think a fat masculine gundam reaching out for its skinny and feminine inner self is a unique solution to getting out of a jam?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 01:31   Link #158
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yes, but we didn't see Sousuke activating the Lambda Driver at will to reverse the situation and pWn all and sundry, did we?

EDIT: And if we were going by your logic, one might argue that Sumeragi certainly doesn't deserve to sit in the Captain's chair, either. Granted, some are already saying that, but well.
She isn't a Captain at all, that's confirmed long ago. There's no Captain position on board, as this isn't a warship.

And Sousuke mastered the Lambda Driver at the end of TSR, when he DID pWn everyone. His mecha has always been that powerful, but Sousuke didn't know how to use it earlier.
Old 2007-12-10, 01:31   Link #159
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
You don't think a fat masculine gundam reaching out for its skinny and feminine inner self is a unique solution to getting out of a jam?
Eh-to....."unique", to be sure, but not exactly intellectual or especially entertaining in any case.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
She isn't a Captain at all, that's confirmed long ago. There's no Captain position on board, as this isn't a warship.
My bad, let me be more specific. Since she can't get her men out of the sticky situation she put them in, she doesn't deserve to command them. Of course, like I said earlier, it's not quite my argument; I'm just saying that this would be what it looks like based on your reasoning.
Old 2007-12-10, 01:36   Link #160
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

By contrast, when a viewer is watching a Gundam show such as this one, and especially at such an early stage of the entire run, the viewer JUST knows that, because it is a Gundam, it's going to pull something out of its (figuratively AND literally) fat ass to save itself. One just knows that the deus ex machina is coming....and sure enough, if anything about this episode is a deus ex machina, Nadleeh and Hallelujah would be just about it. The result; a relative lack of suspense, since the viewer knows that they're most likely to resolve the situation, and most likely do so with figurative brute force rather than guile.

And what was the point of the Louise-Mother-Saji scene in the beginning, anyway?!

Other than that, the high production values of this episode ensures that it gets nothing less than an 8. Unfortunately, the uninspired writing of this episode ensures that it gets nothing more than an 8, either. So 8 it is.
Lambda Driver to me was the ultimate Deus Ex Machina so I don't see what the difference is between FMP! and Gundam Nadle. I certainly wasn't expecting the Virtue's armor to break off any more then the HRL was so I was just as caught off guard. By contrast I could tell when Lambda Driver was going to be used by Sousuke or whoever to bail out of a sticky situation. Seems like a rather poor comparison to me as both series are just as guilty of such a thing.

Also if your looking for the tactics and ingenuinuity, look at what Sergei gave us last episode. Using the Gundam's own abilities against them was a pretty impressive showing. I think Sergei could give the "whispered" a run for her money with just natural cunning and experience.

By the way, it's FMP! The Second Raid (with an exclamation point) not FMP? (with a question mark). The FMP? is unique to Fumoffu, most likely as a joke considering the series outright satirical and parodical nature.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-12-10 at 04:04.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote