AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 13:50   Link #101
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Agreed. Even though detail, effect and shading have gone up in recent years, in terms of fluidity of movement and actual integration, Vandread still tops many of today's anime using 3D CGI (the only one I've seen come close is Kirameki Project, and that was a 5 episode OVA).
But frankly, the setting being in CG-creatable space I feel also helped it out quite a bit. Taking Linebarrels as a contemporary example of recent Gonzo CG mecha, the quality doesn't really change much. The contrast to any hand-drawn backgrounds should be more of the problem for most people as it's jarring as hell.

And since Vandread doesn't have much of those, the CG worked extra well. Not to mention for the terrestrial planet scenes, there were just sand(the women in Vanguards ep) and sea(Vandread Jura set-up).

@ Super Vandread comments: Oh hells yeah, I vividly remember the first time I saw Super Vandread put up that shield against the transformed fake Nirvana. I fanboyed for the rest of the day, needless to say.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 13:55   Link #102
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

One more thing, Vandread has great OP and the part that always changes to the episode is more interesting than most OPs that are the same every episode.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:51   Link #103
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
One more thing, Vandread has great OP and the part that always changes to the episode is more interesting than most OPs that are the same every episode.
With regard to the music, the score is awesome too. Utterly bombastic and I love it. Not to mention he's the guy who did Shin Getter too.

Super Vandread's theme is every bit as good as Stoner Sunshine's, IMHO.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:19   Link #104
GreatTeacherKen

I have fond memories of this show. I think Aoi Futaba from You're Under Arrest and

Spoiler for episode 10:

were my first traps.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 16:38   Link #105
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Technically not a trap. A Tranny, not a trap.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 16:41   Link #106
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Technically not a trap. A Tranny, not a trap.
well BC defintely trap Bart
Old 2009-04-15, 21:31   Link #107
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

At least it still works out in their world

Quote:
.. h-how could you forget the name of the blue goddess, Meia Gisborne?!?!?! BURN HERETIC
AAARRRGGHHH!
I...I...finally remember...

Am I qualified to go back to life?

Super Vandread is awesome, but as usual, we can't get enough of anything that's too awesome. At least the final battle is great with every faction joined force.

Although Hibiki at the beginning got on my nerve. Not mind the angst part, since I can tolerate that, but "god, you're surrounded by girls, and is being chased by cute one, stop being a jerk and act more gentle, won't ya?"s
Old 2009-04-16, 00:12   Link #108
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

I haven't seen this show in a long while, but the first episode inspired alot of my desires to write mecha stories. I also love the ending theme.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 05:42   Link #109
Casshern

I think Vandread is very similar to the more recent Gurren Lagan, like Eva/RahXephon similar.

Damn, Vandread used to get me to pumped up! I remember I even cried in the Bart/Shirley episode.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 11:28   Link #110
NakedAngelX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I think Vandread is very similar to the more recent Gurren Lagan, like Eva/RahXephon similar.

Damn, Vandread used to get me to pumped up! I remember I even cried in the Bart/Shirley episode.
Haha same here, the show had a great storyline. I think i've watched the whole series 4-5 times in total. Never gets tired of it~

So grandpa freeeze me!!!! And defrost me in the future when men and women are seperate
Old 2009-04-17, 05:52   Link #111
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Haha same here, the show had a great storyline. I think i've watched the whole series 4-5 times in total. Never gets tired of it
haha I just finished it for like the 5th time again, every time I get done with it I just get really bumed out. Always felt like the ending just left to many doors open. But it really is one of my fav animes, think its the one that really got me started into watching anime.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 10:45   Link #112
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Guys you scared me, making posts about this anime made me think for a moment that there might me some news about the rumored Phase 3 of these awesome series
Old 2009-04-17, 11:48   Link #113
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Technically there WAS a 3rd Phase... it just got cancelled, or gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever T_T

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 11:54   Link #114
Ottocycle

Colour me heartbroken.

Oh by the way, how is the Gekitouhen OVA? Never got to watch it since I bought the series in english.
Old 2009-04-17, 11:59   Link #115
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Technically there WAS a 3rd Phase... it just got cancelled, or gone the way of Duke Nukem Forever T_T
Did they give us the reason of that cancellation? I always thought Vandread was doing fairly good since I see a lot of positive review about it.
Old 2009-04-17, 12:05   Link #116
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

AFAIK nothing. There were complete 3D CG models of a black Dread similar to Meia's, and even full color art of what's supposed to be Hibiki and Dita's daughter. But then after all these years, nothing's turned up.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-17, 12:29   Link #117
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What a shame .
Btw, I'm curious about the black Dread you mentioned, and Hibiki & Dita's daughter. Do you, by any chance, still keep the images?
Old 2009-04-17, 13:06   Link #118
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Lost the images a long time ago. Might be worth asking around in a certain imageboard *cough* for them.

Old 2009-04-18, 09:05   Link #119
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Lost the images a long time ago. Might be worth asking around in a certain imageboard *cough* for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I knew I could find them out there in the net with just doing some brief google.

Hibita (Hibiki x Dita)

Hibeia (Hibiki x Meia)

Group Pic

I found these pics at Javier's Vandread Shrine which is one of the last surviving Vandread fan-pages that continue to wander around the internet.

According to the synopsis I read four years ago for Vandread 3rd stage, whereas the first and second stages focused on "relationship" as the serie's main theme the third stage would have focused on "family" as the new theme.

Disclaimer. All of the above images were released on the March issue of Newtype four years ago. Do NOT assume that there's going to be a new season for Vandread. It is both unofficial and a rumor.
they were posted earlier in the thread.
Old 2009-04-18, 09:37   Link #120
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well...i know i'm possibly reviving an older argument but how could Meia "got" Hibiki's genes?
Possibilities:
1.) Hibiki donored it.
2.)Hibiki cheated(we can't blame him...he's a human being too)
3.)Hibiki got two wifes(ore even more...)
4.)Hibiki divorced and remaried.
Perhaps the first one the most possible than the second and so on.
Looking on the pictures I'm somewhat glad that it didn't got animated(well..instead of Dragonauts everything is fine). Somehow I sense it weak...perhaps it's my only guess after seeing a couple of pictures.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance