AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 03:10   Link #41
gundam rider

a studio bones disaster movie eh?, with a realistic setting?

well at least it doesn't involve rescue vehicles that can transform into robots..oppss now where the heck did i get that idea?
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 08:24   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
well at least it doesn't involve rescue vehicles that can transform into robots..oppss now where the heck did i get that idea?
You say it like the concept is in every BONES show, where in fact it's only in one.
Old 2009-03-23, 08:32   Link #43
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You say it like the concept is in every BONES show, where in fact it's only in one.
I thought GR was talking about power rangers You know rescue force and all... Oh power rangers why do you keep churning out the same old crap?! I doubt that there are any giant transforming robots in this anime. They wouldn't fit with the setting.
Old 2009-03-23, 08:36   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
I thought GR was talking about power rangers You know rescue force and all... Oh power rangers why do you keep churning out the same old crap?! I doubt that there are any giant transforming robots in this anime. They wouldn't fit with the setting.
He/She was talking about a past BONES show, Eureka Seven.
Old 2009-03-23, 08:51   Link #45
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He/She was talking about a past BONES show, Eureka Seven.
OHH! Ok. I really need to see what other series bones have done. They have really nice animation in their shows.

EDIT: Well I've actually seen and heard of a lot of stuff they've worked... I'M IN LOVE WITH THEM NOW! They have worked on other Mecha stuff besides Eureka Seven but again I highly doubt they'll put giant robots in here because it doesn't go with the setting.
Old 2009-03-23, 16:21   Link #46
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I see you rightfully have high standards monir. However, I think BONES earns credit really just for doing original stuff with good animation in an industry that cranks out insipid manga/dating sim/light novel related trash in an assembly line like way every year.

I admit staying on with BONES shows that I even don't like for the animation (Im an animation nut), but these seems totally unlike what they normally do. Should be very interestingly written.
Can't argue there because you are right! Bones is indeed one of the few better studios which can attract audience who looks for something different. While the idea behind the show isn't anything new, there aren't that many animated titles which had put together a natural disaster and its aftermath. A lot of show began from the aftermath and continued from there on.

Do we have an episode-count for the series yet? Hopefully it won't be anything more than a one-cour series.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 16:37   Link #47
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Why oh why, do I feel it will only be 5 or 6 eps? It seems most anime that's non-mainstream and usually holds good quality (I hope it's good anyhow, until we see one ep) gets that

I am so hoping I'm wrong.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 18:27   Link #48
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Why oh why, do I feel it will only be 5 or 6 eps? It seems most anime that's non-mainstream and usually holds good quality (I hope it's good anyhow, until we see one ep) gets that

I am so hoping I'm wrong.
It's a TV series. Considering the timeslot it's running in, I would say it's almost certainly 11 episodes.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 19:13   Link #49
[Sakuretsu]
(´・ω・)

I hope BONES will not put any supernatural events here.

Just realistic depiction of Japan in more awesome way.
[Sakuretsu] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 04:07   Link #50
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's a TV series. Considering the timeslot it's running in, I would say it's almost certainly 11 episodes.
Ah right. Didn't think of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Sakuretsu] View Post
I hope BONES will not put any supernatural events here.

Just realistic depiction of Japan in more awesome way.
Agreed. Sometimes a series looks promising, goes promising, until it's something supernatural or w/e. Really hope that isn't the case here.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:46   Link #51
duckroll
綺羅星★!

More staff news from Newtype:

Series Editor: Natsuko Takahashi
Character Designer: Atsuko Nozaki
Composer: Koh Otani

There are various other credits but they're not really important and I don't really feel like typing out all the JP names. ^^;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 07:53   Link #52
pulpwin
マギ

For one reason or another I thought Yoshida would be handling the character designs. :S
pulpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:26   Link #53
Jarmel

Looks good, I'll check it out. Not many anime's I've seen in a realistic setting. Only problem I can think of is a possible slow pacing.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 18:55   Link #54
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My fear is this series could be anime version of public safety campaign, means a lot of preaching and less on story.

Rescue Wing turns to be like that, exactly. I wonder if history will repeats itself again here.
Old 2009-04-08, 20:21   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If it just shows them doing what they're *supposed* to be doing as a background to the personal drama and such -- I'm fine with that. But yeah there's a fine line away from the awful "Wheel of Morality" BS that some series push.
Old 2009-04-08, 21:21   Link #56
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Maybe he thought it was this manga that this series was based on:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=13106

It deals with the same thing. Would have liked that were true though it's quite good it deals with alot of aspects when it comes to humanity when there's a disaster both the good and bad... don't think that this series though will go to deeply into that bad aspect of humanity unless there willing to do scenes of rape and people getting killed/murdered/suicide.
Uhm it appears that this manga in France is named exactly as the Bones new series. If that's a coincidence, it's quite funny...

http://www.manga-sanctuary.com/bdd/m...o-magnitude-8/

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 19:31   Link #57
kyouray
2D > 3D

Some pictures of the chara-design are available on the blog : http://tokyo-m8.com/blog/2009/04/post-1.html
Old 2009-04-23, 11:47   Link #58
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uhm it appears that this manga in France is named exactly as the Bones new series. If that's a coincidence, it's quite funny...

http://www.manga-sanctuary.com/bdd/m...o-magnitude-8/
I think it was a coincidence that happened when they localized it. I don't think the original japanese title is the same... Correct me if I'm wrong cuase I don't really know. I'm looking forward to it either way. Any one know when it's slated to air?
Old 2009-04-23, 14:17   Link #59
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The original title is completely different, it can be translated as: "51 ways to protect my girlfriend".

I can only think of a few possibilities:

1) The original manga often mentions the magnitude 8, or "Tokyo magnitude 8" is a secondary title or chapter title.

2) There is another work (movie, book, etc) with a similar title and both the french and studio bones payed that an homage.

3) Someone at studio Bones somehow saw the french version of this manga an decided to take the idea for the title of the anime.

4) just a mere funny coincidence

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 16:39   Link #60
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The original title is completely different, it can be translated as: "51 ways to protect my girlfriend".

I can only think of a few possibilities:

1) The original manga often mentions the magnitude 8, or "Tokyo magnitude 8" is a secondary title or chapter title.

2) There is another work (movie, book, etc) with a similar title and both the french and studio bones payed that an homage.

3) Someone at studio Bones somehow saw the french version of this manga an decided to take the idea for the title of the anime.

4) just a mere funny coincidence
Maybe they thought it was a bad title... I kinda do... Well that clears up things.

Tags
bones, japan, noitamina, tragedy