AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 34 43.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-27, 10:42   Link #141
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post

No, you misinterpret the scene, and everyone else did not. He literally said he hated her, would kill her, and the scene you refer to as a near-kiss looks similar to when he sniffed her just episodes before. If it wasn't for Amata, Mikono probably would've gone insane, as she apparently didn't get the "double meaning" you did. That's if there is a double meaning.

He's still kinda on Mykage mindfuck right now.
He is mindfucked by Mykage, but that's the second time when he is with her and you can see he has no intention of killing her, he would brake any wall or machine to get her, to be with her. Actually he really tried to kiss her, look at his surprised face when Mikono refuses it. It's so obvious he is telling love when he says kill in these part about his feeling towards his wench. All elemental powers are related to personality.

It was the funniest scene in this episode.
Old 2012-03-27, 16:02   Link #142
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
He is mindfucked by Mykage, but that's the second time when he is with her and you can see he has no intention of killing her, he would brake any wall or machine to get her, to be with her. Actually he really tried to kiss her, look at his surprised face when Mikono refuses it. It's so obvious he is telling love when he says kill in these part about his feeling towards his wench. All elemental powers are related to personality.

It was the funniest scene in this episode.
I agree. His little happy caveman/rain dance was way too funny, but if only they they did it after where they made me cry, so I would make myself feel a bit better and stop some of the tears.

Pfft I still hate you Kawamori.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:08   Link #143
kuromitsu

Sooooo finally I have internet and watched the episode.... and... and. Oh boy.

Mykage and Fudou.

I'm sorry, did Mykage just call Fudou his lover from 24000 years ago? o__O) I guess it's a bit ambiguous at this point, but but but the tone and the emphasis were just right there and OH PLEASE PLEASE MAKE IT TRUE!! (And pixiv, why do you fail me in my time of need?!) But even regardless of that, the entire Mykage & Fudou thing is mind-blowing. I can't wait to find out what's going on between those two. So wait, this is not Fudou's real body? IS FUDOU AN ANGEL? (nah, probably not) In any case Zen is actually a huge improvement on Gen, looks-wise, and I can't believe Mykage doesn't see that (if he even knew Gen at all), sooo yeah, I can't interpret it as anything other than another proof that neither of them are reincarnations.

PFUUUUHH, the all sorts of tension between those two was fantastic.

Did anything else happen in this episode?

Oh yeah. Kagura. THAT WAS SO CUTE. I'm sorry guys, after this there's no way I can take Kagura seriously. Finally he has the girl, so he does the next logical step... and grabs her and throws her in the air!! and waves her around, caveman-style!! And dances around with her, like a puppy with his new favorite toy! God he was cute. Sorry, as far as I'm concerned bye-bye "cool, dangeorus prettyboy Kagura" and hello "cute demonwolf-puppy!Kagura, who's a good boy? whosagoodboy??"... (btw I'm still waiting for the explanation on the demonwolf thing) Actually, I like him much more this way, even though his "cool aura" is completely gone, especially after he fell into Andy's hole (...OK this sounded dirty).

But about that whole reverse thing - that was pretty much out of the blue. I mean for one, wtf was Kagura doing all this time? He can't be that dense, can he? (...can he?) And two, OK so we have the explanation for the stinky bitch thing and the wanna kill you thing and whatnot, but then what about all the "I want you" and "come with me" etc? Shouldn't he be saying the reverse of that? (Oh well, consistency was never Aquarion's strong point...) And wtf was Fudou going on about love turning into hate, etc? It appeared to be about Kagura, but I guess it wasn't about him, after all...? Fudou and Mykage, maybe? (hey, one can hope)

By the way, that scene with him and Mikono really, really reminded me of something and I just remembered what it was - Ladd & Lua from Baccano. Except, well, Mikono is not Lua so she's not exactly thrilled with the whole thing.

Poor Amata, the universe is still out against him, but I keep hoping that sooner or later his day will come. The flying dive was pretty cool if I may say so, too bad that Kagura was just too broken at that time. (Seriously - wtf has Kagura been doing all these episodes??) He and Mikono were pretty damn cute throughout, so I'm happy with that.

Donar. We need more Donar & Suomi in this show. And how sweet of Mykage to have remembered him. ^^;; (Or not.)

Oh, and Jin died. I expected that he would defect, but not his death - but this way it makes sense why they played up the whole Jin x Yunoha romance so much. Oh well, it was sad and... stuff. *runs away from Jin fans* Considering the awesome battle that led up to it I was a bit underwhelmed, but eh, I'm not happy to see Jin go. Also, ever the otaku - only Jin could make a farewell note using the lyrics of yet another Akino song. Only Jin.

By the way, the preview - who was that in the casket that wasn't Jin's? Did Operator Boy die?! ;___; )
Old 2012-03-27, 21:22   Link #144
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
<snippity snip>
I think, for whatever reason, Kagura's power didn't fully awaken until getting mind-raped by Mykage, and, without the feed out from Altair, it is on its own fairly weak. Without the gate's output, he couldn't stop the Spada from slicing his Mithra in two. I also attribute his beat form to the a literal regression of his psyche when he gets hopped up on love and rage (you know, they say that love can turn us into beasts... for Kagura it is quite literal). We saw it only one other time and that was, again, when he was pissed and chasing his woman. The second time we see it is when he's even more pissed and, again, chasing after his woman.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:29   Link #145
kuromitsu

>Vena
But he's had his powers before - and didn't even try doing anything with them. Being the... not very bright character he is, I would've expected him to try and do something all those times when he was in a pinch, even if it was in vain. But no, nothing. He even glowed red when he attacked Shrade, and then... did nothing. And he was pretty pissed off at that time.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:47   Link #146
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
>Vena
But he's had his powers before - and didn't even try doing anything with them. Being the... not very bright character he is, I would've expected him to try and do something all those times when he was in a pinch, even if it was in vain. But no, nothing. He even glowed red when he attacked Shrade, and then... did nothing. And he was pretty pissed off at that time.
Dunno, maybe his glowing red did do something against Shrade: undid the effects of Shrade's music, allowing Kagura the opportunity to push Shrade back and *defeat* him. I just think that without the power-up from the gate, his powers only work on himself and, prior to getting enraged and leveled up by Mykage, barely had any noticeable effects.

Along of the lines of how Mikono's power contributed from a weak afterthought to an actual power that brought MIX and Andy together.
Old 2012-03-27, 22:14   Link #147
Thess

Quote:
Oh yeah. Kagura. THAT WAS SO CUTE. I'm sorry guys, after this there's no way I can take Kagura seriously. Finally he has the girl, so he does the next logical step... and grabs her and throws her in the air!! and waves her around, caveman-style!! And dances around with her, like a puppy with his new favorite toy! God he was cute. Sorry, as far as I'm concerned bye-bye "cool, dangeorus prettyboy Kagura" and hello "cute demonwolf-puppy!Kagura, who's a good boy? whosagoodboy??"... (btw I'm still waiting for the explanation on the demonwolf thing) Actually, I like him much more this way, even though his "cool aura" is completely gone, especially after he fell into Andy's hole (...OK this sounded dirty).
This is why I like Kagura. He appears all bad boy and dangerous, but he's a clueless puppy who acts by instinct. Kind of like Jin appeared like a sleazy creeper, but he was a hopeless otaku moe boy.

Kagura needs to be housebroken. Someone adopt him and keep him away from Mykage...

Did you watch this, btw?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-27, 22:16   Link #148
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
By the way, the preview - who was that in the casket that wasn't Jin's? Did Operator Boy die?! ;___; )
NO, he didn't, thankfully. He was definitely on screen a few times. I know cause I always spend every episode scouring the background for him.
Old 2012-03-27, 22:17   Link #149
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Dunno, maybe his glowing red did do something against Shrade: undid the effects of Shrade's music, allowing Kagura the opportunity to push Shrade back and *defeat* him. I just think that without the power-up from the gate, his powers only work on himself and, prior to getting enraged and leveled up by Mykage, barely had any noticeable effects.
It's possible that his powers work better in Altair

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-28, 04:52   Link #150
kuromitsu

Quote:
He didn't do anything against Shrade after glowing red, let alone defeat him... Shrade wasn't playing any music by then (just lost his violin) so he wasn't doing his mind tricks, he was just standing there with only his bare hands to defend himself with. And yet Kagura glows red and... decides to jump off the tower. And about his powers being stronger on Altair, did he even glow at all while he was locked up in Mykage's cage? It's like he didn't even try to escape.

I can buy that his powers weren't as strong before Mykage's influence, but he apparently had them, even though he may not have known it, like Jin. Jin used his power for the first time instinctively to defend Yunoha, so it was logical. Kagura on the other hand... the only explanation I can think of is that the writers wanted the whole reverse thing to be a surprise (duh) and that's why he didn't actually use it before... but it makes no sense for the character at all. (You know there's a word for this that I'm not using. Ah well. )

Quote:
Along of the lines of how Mikono's power contributed from a weak afterthought to an actual power that brought MIX and Andy together.
? Mikono's power was never a weak afterthought... not having a power was a huge issue for Mikono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is why I like Kagura. He appears all bad boy and dangerous, but he's a clueless puppy who acts by instinct. Kind of like Jin appeared like a sleazy creeper, but he was a hopeless otaku moe boy.
Technically he's still dangerous and creepy, though, and if they want to do anything even remotely romantic with him they'd better make him more... human, I guess? and more aware that other people are not toys (he could start with not treating Mikono like an object). But his stereotypical "dark, bad boy bishounen" image took a huge hit in this episode and I'm pretty happy about that. I find him a lot more likeable this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
No... it didn't seem like it was worth the effort. Are there any highlights?
Old 2012-03-28, 05:03   Link #151
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

No no no what the heck, tell me this isn't happening! I bought my ticket, I boarded the Jin X Yunoha train, we were rolling on the tracks but then boom, we crashed, we derailed, tell me he can't be dead, sure I may not care much for male characters but seeing Yunoha cry, what, 3 times in one episode, that's too much!

That's the last son of Krypton! You don't kill him off, you send him to the other side of the galaxy to preserve his lineage

Damn you flower sniffing, wing eared dude. Hope a ghostbuster vacuums you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Jin, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!!!!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

First time I feel bad for a lolicon, and I didn't even find him creepy like others!!!

orz

But no!!! I need to gather the powah and call for the Lolicon Guild from AnimeSuki in order to revive him or save him from the death!

Mangatron is your time to shine!!!!!
I know this is probably heartless right now, but.... hey Ackbarjin, guess what? Mikage..... tricked you! It was a trap! Gyahahaha *Yunoha melts mangatron with her tears*

So long Snackbarjin, I'll take it from here *grabs Yunoha and fold waves out of here*
Old 2012-03-28, 09:13   Link #152
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
HanaKana fanboy moment
Old 2012-03-28, 09:31   Link #153
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
He didn't do anything against Shrade after glowing red, let alone defeat him... Shrade wasn't playing any music by then (just lost his violin) so he wasn't doing his mind tricks, he was just standing there with only his bare hands to defend himself with. And yet Kagura glows red and... decides to jump off the tower. And about his powers being stronger on Altair, did he even glow at all while he was locked up in Mykage's cage? It's like he didn't even try to escape.
I can attribute it to two things. Initially, I had thought his glowing red was his smell activating but I guess now we know that that is simply a talent he always has active. The only thing I can figure is that he does his reversal either unknowingly and that was just a burst of his power, or he did it to remove any after effects of Shrade's music. But it is a little odd I agree...

As for Altair, I'm sure that Mykage can suppress elements. Given what he is, I doubt that's much of an issue.

Quote:
? Mikono's power was never a weak afterthought... not having a power was a huge issue for Mikono.
I meant for when it *activated* back when Fudo was the ferryman that was ready to take her home. Its at that moment that her power seems to resonate or something, and he takes her back to Daeva. I had thought that had been a glimpse of her power but we don't get the reel details until much later.
Old 2012-03-28, 09:32   Link #154
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Why is that I have a very sinking suspicion that Yunoha is next on the chopping block? I have pretty high expectations for the series to begin with, but them killing off someone who got pretty popular was a pretty bold move. Hopefully it'll make things a little interesting, especially given the hints and other things thrown around this episode which displayed some backstory. I felt my heart almost give out and send me to the emergency room once Yunoha started crying, though... I also don't think I've hated a villain as much as Mykage since Rossiu from TTGL.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2012-03-28, 10:17   Link #155
Thess

Quote:
IIRC, Zessica x Amata episode(s) were the noteworthy future events? I will listen again but the background noise is so annoying. The later dashed my hopes for Zessica x Sanzanka.

Old 2012-03-28, 10:29   Link #156
kuromitsu

Where do they say that? I started listening but the sound quality is pretty bad and frankly the otaku sounds the crowd makes are creepy... ^^;;
Old 2012-03-28, 10:32   Link #157
miketyson

I'm with kuromitsu: I've given this a go and cant make out anything Hanazawa says when she's talking quietly, which is probably where the interesting stuff is. Poor sound quality and crowd noise is a nasty combo. Do you have any sense of the time range where the interesting stuff is?
Old 2012-03-28, 11:08   Link #158
Zuul

I wish this show could take the Princess Tutu route.
Old 2012-03-28, 12:03   Link #159
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I wish this show could take the Princess Tutu route.
If it did, my friend, it just wouldn't be Aquarion being Aquarion.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2012-03-28, 12:54   Link #160
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
If it did, my friend, it just wouldn't be Aquarion being Aquarion.
And why, please ?
Closed Thread