AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 12:46   Link #1121
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*facepalms*

You're right. I seem to be off my usual game toda- ah, no wonder. Slept at 2AM this morning, woke up at 6, been on the go since then. No wonder I ain't thinking straight.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:51   Link #1122
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
And the annoying thing is that these things have already been taken into account, and are in fact addressed, but because it's in the novel, even the saying the smallest thing - "They're hooked up to IVs in various hospitals, that's how the players are still alive" is a spoiler and I got tempbanned.
Wait you got temp banned for that? I thought we were allowed to use Light Novel only enplanations when the chapter the episode is based upon is already released. Oh well that's just weird imo.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:52   Link #1123
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Wait you got temp banned for that? I thought we were allowed to use Light Novel only enplanations when the chapter the episode is based upon is already released. Oh well that's just weird imo.
Nah the IVs are only revealed after the end of SAO when Kirito wakes up. TBH it should be pretty straightforward that's what's happening or else how would the people still be alive
Old 2012-08-29, 16:56   Link #1124
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
Nah the IVs are only revealed after the end of SAO when Kirito wakes up. TBH it should be pretty straightforward that's what's happening or else how would the people still be alive
Actually, Kayaba pointed out that the players were given 2-3 hours to be transported to hospitals and the like. It's pretty obvious that they were put on IV. How else could their real bodies survive?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:13   Link #1125
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Actually, Kayaba pointed out that the players were given 2-3 hours to be transported to hospitals and the like. It's pretty obvious that they were put on IV. How else could their real bodies survive?
Don't think Kayaba said that in the anime version which makes the IVs a spoiler.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:15   Link #1126
Clarste
Human

It's not a spoiler since it's common sense.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:15   Link #1127
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Hmmm... hahahaha.... Now I seen a mistake here... thanks for opening the "IVF issue" and the hospitalization....

Ok. Let's see..... Kirito and the other players were hospitalized for two years. That's a fact... because they're in like in a "comatose" situation they can't eat right? The IVF solves that, no problem..... but the "bathroom issue", you can't go to the bathroom if you're comatose... nor has the urge to urinate.... What's the mistake here??? Kirito ain't catheterized!!!!! He should be catheterized!!! It was never mentioned!!!!....

Actually... its pretty awkward if it said in the novel...

"Even with his IV and catheter hanging with him, he search for Asuna.." AWW!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:24   Link #1128
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
That would be information in the novel.
In the anime it is only stated that NerveGear has an internal battery, 213 players have died because someone tried removing NerveGear and that the news have spread that SAO is a death trap.
Everything is info you know as a novel reader or anime-only viewers have to pierce together themselves
Old 2012-08-29, 17:24   Link #1129
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Hmmm... hahahaha.... Now I seen a mistake here... thanks for opening the "IVF issue" and the hospitalization....

Ok. Let's see..... Kirito and the other players were hospitalized for two years. That's a fact... because they're in like in a "comatose" situation they can't eat right? The IVF solves that, no problem..... but the "bathroom issue", you can't go to the bathroom if you're comatose... nor has the urge to urinate.... What's the mistake here??? Kirito ain't catheterized!!!!! He should be catheterized!!! It was never mentioned!!!!....

They actually described a new kind of bed that absorbed the waste. So basically he wet his bed and the waste was absorbed.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:26   Link #1130
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

lol, with a catheter hanging out would be really really bad, considering you would have a really nasty bottle of stuff walking around with you. and if it wasn't secured properly or if you rushed it could spill out and that wouldn't be good.

A bed to absorb waste? what about the solid stuff that comes out, or considering their physical state the liquid solution with some biomass. and that's really nasty, as if he just wet himself over and over and no one cleaned up (considering how many people there were knocked out) they would begin to get skin infections and festering on their thighs

Also, it said they were given time to go to the hospital, but it never said anything about IVs, Kirito and Asuna did talk a bit about their real bodies but maybe he was tempbanned because it didn't specifically mention IVs? but I think it should just be common sense and isn't really a spoiler at all
Old 2012-08-29, 17:27   Link #1131
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's not a spoiler since it's common sense.
This, so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
That would be information in the novel.
In the anime it is only stated that NerveGear has an internal battery, 213 players have died because someone tried removing NerveGear and that the news have spread that SAO is a death trap.
Everything is info you know as a novel reader or anime-only viewers have to pierce together themselves
Yes that's true, but we're allowed to reveal such information under properly labelled spoiler tags. I think it was a stupid choice to leave it out.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:27   Link #1132
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They actually described a new kind of bed that absorbed the waste. So basically he wet his bed and the waste was absorbed.
*cough

ok.... now, that's gross... Oh, technology...
Old 2012-08-29, 17:34   Link #1133
xkamiyo

Quote:
A bed to absorb waste? what about the solid stuff that comes out, or considering their physical state the liquid solution with some biomass. and that's really nasty, as if he just wet himself over and over and no one cleaned up (considering how many people there were knocked out) they would begin to get skin infections and festering on their thighs
I thought the solid stuff is a result of the food you ate. Don't you just get your nutrients and such through the IV (instead of eating food)? That kind of gets rid of the solid stuff, doesn't it?

Though I'm not very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.
xkamiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:37   Link #1134
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkamiyo View Post
I thought the solid stuff is a result of the food you ate. Don't you just get your nutrients and such through the IV (instead of eating food)? That kind of gets rid of the solid stuff, doesn't it?

Though I'm not very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff.
There is still solid/bio waste in the coma condition. The body still goes through that process to rid certain wastes, and if it didn't parts of the digestive system would be ruined from inactivity (not the inactivity itself but what by what certain organs would do) Here
Old 2012-08-29, 17:43   Link #1135
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Supposedly it was a "gel bed" that somehow solved all these problems (yes, they were specifically mentioned). It's science fiction, so I didn't really care that much.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:46   Link #1136
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
There is still solid/bio waste in the coma condition. The body still goes through that process to rid certain wastes, and if it didn't parts of the digestive system would be ruined from inactivity (not the inactivity itself but what by what certain organs would do) Here
That's leaves the problem to us nurses to cleanse their butt everytime they poop...

Quote:
(in my opinion, unless they have methods of keeping muscle mass healthy)
Passive exercises... We often referred coma patients to licensed Physical therapist that would do simple exercises for them...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-29 at 18:04.
Old 2012-08-29, 20:08   Link #1137
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
yes, I agree on that but if you look at some of the names who are 'participating' in discussions, they are people who appear in the light novel thread as well.
I don't disagree, but it would mean that the anime only people would have to be reading the novel spoiler threads to know that these people are posting in there as well.

Frankly I've just limited myself to discussing the episode's visual art, or if some conversation goes off on a mechanics tangent that the novels haven't covered.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 22:46   Link #1138
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

tl;dr, spoiler policy is retarded, but it's the rules so we have to abide by it.

This is the first time I've actually gotten so many infractions and actually tempbanned being enthusiastic about a series. It's pretty much killed any desire I have to actively participate and or discuss, particularly when by the time I get to watch the show, I'm at best 12 hours behind, and at worst 2 days behind everyone.

And another post I made in the anime thread, where I urged everyone to be patient as the issues they're eagerly stressing about will be addressed by the anime, got deleted because according to relentlessflame, this counts as giving hints.

I'm going to go and bash my head in now.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 23:00   Link #1139
Clarste
Human

Of course that's a hint. Confirming what will or will not be addressed is a spoiler. This should be common sense.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the evil novel readers infiltrating the episode threads, but I don't think there's a problem with joining speculation as long as I intentionally don't use evidence that doesn't exist yet. Yes, technically it's impossible for me to forget what I know and therefore what I say is influenced by future knowledge, but pointing out relevant themes and crucial moments from episodes that have already aired can hardly be called a spoiler. It's not like other people aren't picking up on the same things just by being observant and thoughtful.
Old 2012-08-30, 00:22   Link #1140
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
tl;dr, spoiler policy is retarded, but it's the rules so we have to abide by it.

This is the first time I've actually gotten so many infractions and actually tempbanned being enthusiastic about a series. It's pretty much killed any desire I have to actively participate and or discuss, particularly when by the time I get to watch the show, I'm at best 12 hours behind, and at worst 2 days behind everyone.

And another post I made in the anime thread, where I urged everyone to be patient as the issues they're eagerly stressing about will be addressed by the anime, got deleted because according to relentlessflame, this counts as giving hints.

I'm going to go and bash my head in now.
I used to feel the same. But after a year or so, I began to appreciate the spoiler policy here, because there were finally a few times I did not manage to read the source material beforehand and I was immensely annoyed by the hints and spoilers, and even more so on other forums with less strict spoiler policies, which made me avoid even looking at the threads. However, still, there were a few times I did get modded rather strictly which I didn't agree, but it was trivial and I left them alone. Mods are not perfect too. I think the pros of a strict spoiler policy outweighs the cons for the good of the anime-only viewers. These days, I even avoid LN threads till I caught up for a few mindgasm series; many people who are spoiler-immune or have access to the source material beforehand really don't understand how much it kills the enjoyment of spoiler-averse people.

@Clarste I don't remember you posting much discussion-based/speculative-based material using LN knowledge (of course not counting those posts of yours that got deleted ), so I guess you are fine.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote