AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-20, 05:05   Link #241
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I laughed my ass off with this for some reason. It's one of the very few times I've seen an anime use English profanity in this way. Awesome.

BTW wouldn't Kotoha be able to conjure up a replacement ticket to replace the one that was destroyed?

Last edited by kilroy0097; 2008-11-20 at 05:21.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-21, 08:18   Link #242
Cight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post

I laughed my ass off with this for some reason. It's one of the very few times I've seen an anime use English profanity in this way. Awesome.
That moment had been laughing too. Completely unexpected but totally appropriate.

OST: Don't Have Answers and Pellucid Mind are my favs at the moment. I love electronic music and Pellucid Mind was a surprise. I don't remember hearing it in any of the episodes so far. Breaking The Silence also has a nice guitar intro and section about a minute in.
Cight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 07:28   Link #243
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 08:
Old 2008-11-23, 07:34   Link #244
Oxtail

Quote:

Doesn't quite compare to this segment in Abenobashi:

In the whole of the 30 second segment, the f-word is used(properly, I might add) as an adjective 13 times while the main characters just look on in shock-and-horror chibi mode. Lol.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 07:37   Link #245
Oxtail

As for episode 8,

Spoiler for stupid plot gimmick:
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-23, 11:34   Link #246
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
As for episode 8,

Spoiler for stupid plot gimmick:
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-11-23, 12:44   Link #247
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Some thoughts for ep 8

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 05:58   Link #248
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ok so Episode 8 continues from ep 7.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-26, 06:04   Link #249
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
A few things that don't make sense unless I guess you've read the manga. In which case fill us in.
No it's not that --- it's the fact that we none-manga readers will have to wait until it's explained in the series.
Old 2008-11-26, 06:42   Link #250
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Ok. I was thinking I missed something. Which doesn't happen often in anime. I was checking my bases.
Old 2008-11-26, 10:12   Link #251
LKK

I haven't reached this part of the manga, so this is all just speculation. Which means I can share my thoughts without breaking any rules, right?

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 8:
I'm inclined to say "no" to that question.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 8:
I don't think that was the intent.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 8:
That's the impression I get.
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 22:42   Link #252
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

For some reason I just really like Shinozuka.
Spoiler for Found Fanart:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 17:13   Link #253
LKK

I would like to hear some theories as to why the elders think that getting rid of the Nana-gou within the city is a good idea. I thought the Nana-gou was protecting the city? I can't fathom the reasoning behind that decision.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-12-01, 17:19   Link #254
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

BTW wouldn't Kotoha be able to conjure up a replacement ticket to replace the one that was destroyed?
Probably. That's why it was taped at the end.

But, here's the kicker. The chinese subs translated that as "Damn". LOL. Thank gosh for TLC.
Old 2008-12-01, 17:29   Link #255
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I would like to hear some theories as to why the elders think that getting rid of the Nana-gou within the city is a good idea. I thought the Nana-gou was protecting the city? I can't fathom the reasoning behind that decision.
It's probably just the standard anime thing where they have the bureaucracy in charge do the opposite of what they need to do in order to solve the problem. Granted they might actually have a good reason, but since they were concerned about it being damaged that doesn't seem too likely.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 22:59   Link #256
Argent

Quote:
Because they can't stop the Nana-gou from blooming and once they go into full bloom then it's doomsday for the world.

Given the choice of Doomsday (bad for everyone) or just removing the Nana-gou (sucks, but most everyone lives albeit unprotected) they chose the Nana-gou.

It's not a light decision since the Elders will probably die in the process, being connected to them as they are. I suspect they are thinking that at some point new trees can be planted and the city become reborn eventually.

Obviously, that's not going to be the solution we finally see play out.

Oh and does everyone feel like Akina needs slapping around a little?
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 07:04   Link #257
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent View Post
Oh and does everyone feel like Akina needs slapping around a little?
Nope, not at all. I don't see anything wrong with Akina wanting to safe a friend, i mean it's been made rather clear how important Gin is to him. He also knows that letting Hime kill him would completely destroy her. He'd take destroying the city over hurting his friends.
Old 2008-12-02, 09:30   Link #258
LKK

I agree with Shiroth. I see nothing wrong with Akina believing that there's got to be another way to stop Enjin without sacrificing Gin in the process. (I predict that ultimately Akina will be proved right.) Now, I do think Akina handled things badly by wanting to keep all that he knew a secret from Hime and Ao. I can understand why he decided to do that, but I think it was a bad decision. Akina told the eldars the full story; I think he should have told the girls the truth as well. The fact that he didn't isn't slap-worthy in my opinion though.

Old 2008-12-02, 10:11   Link #259
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I agree with Shiroth. I see nothing wrong with Akina believing that there's got to be another way to stop Enjin without sacrificing Gin in the process. (I predict that ultimately Akina will be proved right.) Now, I do think Akina handled things badly by wanting to keep all that he knew a secret from Hime and Ao. I can understand why he decided to do that, but I think it was a bad decision. Akina told the eldars the full story; I think he should have told the girls the truth as well. The fact that he didn't isn't slap-worthy in my opinion though.
Like you say, i can understand why Akina didn't tell the girls about Gin/Enjin, i mean anyone who treats their friends like he does would act the same way. I don't like to say that he made the wrong decision in not telling them, but then again if he did all this mess could have been handled before the festival.
Old 2008-12-03, 11:46   Link #260
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Nope, not at all. I don't see anything wrong with Akina wanting to safe a friend, i mean it's been made rather clear how important Gin is to him. He also knows that letting Hime kill him would completely destroy her. He'd take destroying the city over hurting his friends.
Though wouldn't destroying the city as a side effect end up hurting his friends ? Its a good thing to care about your friends and yet its the most dangerous thing for someone in the position Akina is in. He has responsibilities that don't allow him to just decide he's not going to hurt a friend. With what's on the line they can't afford to indulge that kind of mindset.

Should have known Enjin was going to show up again. Not telling Hime and Ao just made the situation all the worse for them. May be no real way to prepare yourself for that situation in the end. But definitely better to fully know the situation than to get completely caught offguard against an extremely powerful opponent.

Anyways probably the one thing that reflects bad on Akina is how laid back he is about everything. City is in a bad spot and he's laying around staying out of contact. Touka isn't in the hospital for a checkup and there isn't much concern from him there either. Takes equipment flying around to get any sort of reaction out of the guy. Even takes Ao calling him out and forcing the conversation for him to do anything.

I can understand not wanting to hurt his friend. But seriously does he think just by doing nothing the situation will resolve itself? Speaks up against giving up on Gin and yet doesn't have anything else to offer. If there is only one course of action open to you that's the one you have to take. Can't just sit in the middle of the road and hope someone starts building a different path for you.

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural