Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 06:48   Link #7781
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Maddy View Post
Well that's a stupid law.
By allowing their attackers to marry them is just idiotic.
It's inhumane how girls younger than 18 should be forced to marry the person who ruined their lives.
If anything they should be have them charged, not have their hand in marriage.
Damn Muslims.
I think the proper term is "Damm Conservative Jordanians". Just because the culprit is a Muslim doesn't mean all Muslims are the same. Most modern muslim countries like Malaysia will find this appalling and would never do that and would give that person a tough sentence and punishment.

If you want to insult someone, insult that person, not his nationality, race or religion.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:52   Link #7782
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think the proper term is "Damm Conservative Jordanians". Just because the culprit is a Muslim doesn't mean all Muslims are the same. Most modern muslim countries like Malaysia will find this appalling and would never do that and would give that person a tough sentence and punishment.

If you want to insult someone, insult that person, not his nationality, race or religion.
I'll agree on race and religion to some extent, but when it's a national law, I think insulting nationality is pretty justified especially in a ridiculous case like this law, since their culture and people allow it to exist.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:02   Link #7783
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'll agree on race and religion to some extent, but when it's a national law, I think insulting nationality is pretty justified especially in a ridiculous case like this law, since their culture and people allow it to exist.
The article state that at least a part of the populance express outrage at the law. So the fault clearly lies in whoever written it in the first place, which is clearly the government.

Besides, I believe that every nation at least have one or two rulings that baffles the common understandings.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:18   Link #7784
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
That has got to be the luckiest criminal in the world. He commits a crime worthy of stoning, and not only does he get off the hook, he gets to marry the loli too!

I demand our laws to be changed to mirror theirs (other than the scot-free rape clause). Where are our rights to marry lolis we want?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:29   Link #7785
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

While they are speaking of 'jail' all the time in the text, at one point they mention that the actual penality is death.
So when it seems like you could just pick up a loli on the streets and take her home, if her parents disagree, you are dead.
And even if the loli is worth the gamble to some, I can only imagine, that the amount of death by 'food poisoning' could be quite high in such marriages...
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:33   Link #7786
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
While they are speaking of 'jail' all the time in the text, at on epoint they mention that the actual penality is death.
So when it seems like you could just pick up a loli on the streets and take her home, if her parents disagree, you are dead.
Actually, you CAN just pick a loli off the streets in some MidEast countries - just remember to pay the parents.

This culture should be extended all around the worl - *IS SHOT*.

Quote:
And even if the loli is worth the gamble to some, I can only imagine, that the amount of death by 'food poisoning' could be quite high in such marriages...
I don't think we are in the Roman times where one would actually poison ALL the cakes just to get ONE of their rivals.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-07-01, 14:37   Link #7787
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
That's a general characteristic of the Abrahamic faiths --- women are property. Her father can no longer "sell" her in marriage for cattle and laptops so this "absolves" the perpetrator by taking the "problem" off of the father's hands.

Yes, its a symptom of a psychotic abomination that has been infecting part of the human race for a few thousand years.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:35   Link #7788
flying ^

I expected this kind of lopsided confrontational behavior somewhere in England and France.....

... but USA ???
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 01:48   Link #7789
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That's funny, because if someone had asked me to pick a Western country for that to happen in, I'd have picked the USA...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 02:13   Link #7790
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lamb of God singer Randy Blythe arrested in Prague
Old 2012-07-02, 11:44   Link #7791
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Frankly, from description of events (several write ups), I'd say Randy has a good case of self-defense.
Old 2012-07-02, 12:09   Link #7792
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Gozilla forecast
Old 2012-07-02, 19:29   Link #7793
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

I knew Godzilla existed.
Old 2012-07-03, 06:14   Link #7794
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

In China, Apple Is Being Sued Over Snow Leopard Name

Chances of winning: Nil.
Old 2012-07-03, 07:08   Link #7795
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

I can facepalm over that, right?
Old 2012-07-03, 07:14   Link #7796
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I can facepalm over that, right?
Yes you may. Better yet, make that two facepalms.
Old 2012-07-03, 08:00   Link #7797
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's a general characteristic of the Abrahamic faiths --- women are property. Her father can no longer "sell" her in marriage for cattle and laptops so this "absolves" the perpetrator by taking the "problem" off of the father's hands.

Yes, its a symptom of a psychotic abomination that has been infecting part of the human race for a few thousand years.
Abrahamic faiths don't really have monopoly in this kind of thing. It's a symptom of socio-economic backwardness that prevented humanistic values from taking root in the place due to historical circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, you CAN just pick a loli off the streets in some MidEast countries - just remember to pay the parents.

This culture should be extended all around the worl - *IS SHOT*
Sharia Law is a threat to our freedom !
Old 2012-07-03, 08:54   Link #7798
Sir Maddy
~Feel like a sir.
*IT Support

Quote:
Yes you may. Better yet, make that two facepalms.
Hooray. *Facepalm*
Old 2012-07-03, 09:04   Link #7799
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Well that's a stupid law.
By allowing their attackers to marry them is just idiotic.
It's inhumane how girls younger than 18 should be forced to marry the person who ruined their lives.
If anything they should be have them charged, not have their hand in marriage.
Damn Muslims.
Be careful with what you post, son. Damning the faith of a hundred million Muslims just because of one person's sins is quite ridiculous.... Attack the person not everyone who shares the same faith.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 09:08   Link #7800
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Be careful with what you post, son. Attacking the faith of a hundred million Muslims just because of one person's sins is quite ridiculous....
You have to remember that international media put Muslim faith as barbaric because of the 9/11 incident. All concepts of religions are naturally good, each of them has their own quirks that requires one to dig deep and realise it themselves.

Though I do not know why people don't look at the glaring pros of being able to have a loli for a wife just by using a marriage sack, but rather, focus on the violent nature as brought forward by the Al-Qaeda.

More news : Microsoft takes $6.2 billion charge, slows Internet hopes

Quote:
Microsoft bought aQuantive for $6.3 billion in cash in an attempt to catch rival Google Inc in the race for revenues from search-related display advertising.

Tags
humor