AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-18, 07:06   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If Mikoto had her powers even as she was being born, I'd hate to be the woman giving birth to her. I mean, I know childbirth is already a painful experience, but childbirth when the child is electrified would be far worse.
That's not possible, since she hadn't gone through power development as she was being born, obviously.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-18, 07:46   Link #62
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That's not possible, since she hadn't gone through power development as she was being born, obviously.
I was responding to MrTerrorist.
Old 2009-01-18, 11:25   Link #63
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
If Mikoto had her powers even as she was being born, I'd hate to be the woman giving birth to her. I mean, I know childbirth is already a painful experience, but childbirth when the child is electrified would be far worse.
She was born a psychic but didn't manifested her powers until she was young child. Before she took the program, she was labeled a Lv 1 and was considered a prodigy because she manged to become a Lv 5 through her hard work & determination.
Old 2009-01-20, 10:14   Link #64
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

so powers arent hereditary i guess? i wonder if touma's sibling has powers...
Old 2009-01-21, 00:53   Link #65
FateAnomaly

1) How will killing psychics enable someone to become lv6? Is it really a RPG game or something. Also they are underpowered that it is like killing lv1 critters.

2) Why is the title so when Index don't really do much?
Old 2009-01-21, 00:57   Link #66
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
so powers arent hereditary i guess? i wonder if touma's sibling has powers...
Isn't Otohime his stepsister?

Guess Imouto fetish I mean his own imouto even if not blood related isn't his thing.
Old 2009-01-21, 06:29   Link #67
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
1) How will killing psychics enable someone to become lv6? Is it really a RPG game or something. Also they are underpowered that it is like killing lv1 critters.

Pretty much, it seems. Like training the ability will make it stronger, is what they think and decided to do the whole massacre game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Isn't Otohime his stepsister?
Cousin.
No, she has no powers. She doesn't live in Academy City or take power development, after all.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-01-21, 09:42   Link #68
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:

Training works in RPG settings too.

Naming a show is fun, while its "A certain magical index" Index is not the lead or main character Touma is.
Old 2009-01-21, 23:24   Link #69
sb075

Quote:
This series was scheduled to end at Vol 1. The title is just a vestige.
Old 2009-01-22, 06:58   Link #70
jwai

Index is just the loli used to draw everyone to watch
Old 2009-01-24, 05:31   Link #71
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
People are not born with psychic powers; such powers are acquired by undergoing the Academy City's brain enhancement program, which then supposedly prevents that person from using magic from then on.
I recall otherwise from the explanation given. I only recall it being state that the powers are enhanced by undergoing the brain enhancement programs. ie: The science community finds children with small quirks in them (minor abnormalities or differences from the normal person) and uses enhancement programs to surface and strengthen the person's powers.

Mikoto of course wasn't able to fire a railgun or fry anyone as a child, however she was shown to generate and manipulate quantities of electricity. Similarly Accelerator would have been born with small quirks, MrTerrorist's explanation on his albinoism.
Old 2009-01-24, 20:17   Link #72
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Doesn´t really belong in this thread but

There are gonna be followup seasons, right right? ne ne?
Old 2009-01-24, 20:29   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post

Unknown.
I personally don't prefer one... I don't have many good memories of JC Staff's 2nd seasons... *cough*Zero no Tsukaima*cough*

Old 2009-01-25, 02:57   Link #74
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Can we get a little bit of information on the author?
Old 2009-01-25, 03:57   Link #75
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Can we get a little bit of information on the author?
The only thing i know about the Author is that the author is female and she did lot of research on today's science and the history of magic culture. Hence why there's a lot of references to science and magic in the novels.

In think she use her research to portray a lot of things like the cause and effect of powers realistically as possible by scientific standards not Hollywood science.
Old 2009-01-25, 05:04   Link #76
sb075

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post

Light novels and two kinds of manga sales have increased greatly thanks to the anime.
DVD/BD sales isn't clearing accurately now but at least it seems not to be failure as long as I watched the Oricon's daily sales chart (furthermore, it seems that BD is sold out in almost all Akihabara's anime shops). From the viewpoint of the business, this series is probably successful so it isn't strange if they are going to make season 2 (of course I'm not predicable).
Old 2009-01-25, 22:24   Link #77
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

or a spinoff about the railgun too
Old 2009-01-30, 10:38   Link #78
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantman View Post
I recall otherwise from the explanation given. I only recall it being state that the powers are enhanced by undergoing the brain enhancement programs. ie: The science community finds children with small quirks in them (minor abnormalities or differences from the normal person) and uses enhancement programs to surface and strengthen the person's powers.

Mikoto of course wasn't able to fire a railgun or fry anyone as a child, however she was shown to generate and manipulate quantities of electricity. Similarly Accelerator would have been born with small quirks, MrTerrorist's explanation on his albinoism.
As far as the anime tell us, the "Power Curriculum Program" in the academy city is the project means to separate one from reality and create their owns reality ( as komoe explained in accelerator arc). That mean the child don't need to have a special quality but mostly depend on luck or the method the scientist used on them ( sound like chaos head to me )

Psychic ranking system 've been a question to me since the beginning. If the explanation above are correct then the psychic ranking system determined how powerful one reality can interfere with people reality.
Old 2009-01-31, 17:59   Link #79
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Question: in the books or comic series, does toumas power "level up/get stronger/more useful" or does touma gain some sort of new power ?

if not, i dont think im gonna continue watching the show =P. so, does anyone know?

Last edited by kingsky123; 2009-02-23 at 11:30.
Old 2009-02-01, 01:10   Link #80
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

does touma has to end up at the same hospital in the end of every arcs?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a