AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-01, 15:59   Link #121
Diveman

Ive come up with this crazy theory about what happened in this ep

Spoiler for Random stuff that might not be significant but whatever...:
Old 2012-03-01, 17:24   Link #122
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Exceeeept... You cannot cause an accidental death to happen on purpose. That would mean it's not accidental.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:12   Link #123
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I also wish for peace. In horror films, it's the innocent ones that are going to survive. We should know that the moe one has plot protection armor activated and making a move on Kouichi has sent Izumi's death flag waving. So when it's Izumi's time to go, we should be ready to console those poor fans who did not recognize the power of the eye-patched moe one. We should have our arms outstretched to welcome the lost ones into the Mei camp. All will be forgiven Izumi fans. The Church of Mei will always be there for you!

I like both, with this episode Izumi reached Mei in terms of awesomeness, I know she would and she didn't disappoint me
Now, I'd be really shocked if Izumi had to die, but on the other hand if the writers had the guts to to it .. well kudos to them.
That Naoya boy should be claimed by the curse soon

The only minor issue is that Mei coincidence was a bit forced. The tanker truck overtaking was the part I liked the most in terms of suspense, then i relaxed as the crew and I enjoyed the beach time with that subtle gloomy atmosphere given by the weather and the BGM excellent as always. Even because it looks like a sort of habit that the deaths come at the end of the episode, so I was expecting that closure.
I'm also impressed on the details, as the sugar lump melting down or the move Kouichi did once he came out the water, he bent his head to let come out the water from the ear. Something I usually do too. Ah, and the boxfish, some one identified it as a puffer, I didn't know some species were poisonous, and less than ever to that extend, nice touch

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:20   Link #124
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Exceeeept... You cannot cause an accidental death to happen on purpose. That would mean it's not accidental.
im not saying they put the boat there, Im just saying they thought "oh lets make him do this, and if anything happens...well the curse still works"
Old 2012-03-01, 18:36   Link #125
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
....if its not curse.. then
....its an accident...
....if not, its just a coincidence that the boat was ...too close to the shoreline to risk people lives..
Old 2012-03-01, 18:54   Link #126
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
im not saying they put the boat there, Im just saying they thought "oh lets make him do this, and if anything happens...well the curse still works"
That's what I mean, you can't make an accident happen on purpose. Either they happen or they don't.
Old 2012-03-02, 02:13   Link #127
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
....if its not curse.. then
....its an accident...
....if not, its just a coincidence that the boat was ...too close to the shoreline to risk people lives..
I don't think the boat was that close to the shore, the guy just swam out quite far into the sea.

The patrol boat not seeing this guy seems a bit unlikely, but considering it became darker and the sea more violent due to a storm coming in, they could've just overlooked him as they came out from behind the rocks, or were going too fast to stop in time.

As for the Izumi staging this as an accident theory, that would require a lot of foreknowledge on both her part and that of the patrol boat crew, especially if it could be thwarted by the guy NOT going into the sea to retrieve the ball, or have someone else get it. So, nice theory, but highly unlikely.
Old 2012-03-02, 07:36   Link #128
Arya

I also don't think that the boat was too close to the shore. If I had to say something, it is that the ball was on the boat's way, so even if you don't see people at least it is a marker that probably someone could be nearby. Even because usually scuba divers had to use surface marker buoy and I guess, that who has a boat licence had to know about that. So I should expect the boat slows down, not enough anyways to save our redshirt.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-02, 07:54   Link #129
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sorry, maybe the scene caught me... hmmm...

....he loved that ball so much...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-03-02 at 08:06.
Old 2012-03-02, 08:43   Link #130
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I also wish for peace. In horror films, it's the innocent ones that are going to survive. We should know that the moe one has plot protection armor activated and making a move on Kouichi has sent Izumi's death flag waving. So when it's Izumi's time to go, we should be ready to console those poor fans who did not recognize the power of the eye-patched moe one. We should have our arms outstretched to welcome the lost ones into the Mei camp. All will be forgiven Izumi fans. The Church of Mei will always be there for you!
Amen.

That being said, I like both too, I just like Mei more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

I like both, with this episode Izumi reached Mei in terms of awesomeness, I know she would and she didn't disappoint me
Now, I'd be really shocked if Izumi had to die, but on the other hand if the writers had the guts to to it .. well kudos to them.
That Naoya boy should be claimed by the curse soon
They'll eventually run out of irrelevant students to kill at some point, and that's when things will get really interesting. I agree Teshigawara has higher chances to die first, due to him not being a pretty girl or a trap. Maybe it isn't too late for him if he starts crossdressing...
Old 2012-03-02, 09:46   Link #131
sa547
*Author

Quote:

...he loved that ball so much...
"WILSON!" LOL, methinks of Cast Away.
Old 2012-03-02, 18:43   Link #132
PzIVf3

Looks like the next episode is gonna be a nightmare.
Old 2012-03-02, 20:12   Link #133
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I was expecting something more serious ,deeper & darker for this anime(like Ghost Hunt) but well...
Old 2012-03-02, 23:48   Link #134
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Amen.

That being said, I like both too, I just like Mei more.
I like some tsundere characters esp Izumi but I also like Mei more.
Old 2012-03-03, 07:32   Link #135
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It looked like the guy died before the boat hit him. :0
Old 2012-03-03, 10:11   Link #136
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
It looked like the guy died before the boat hit him. :0
I don't think he was dead before the boat hit him, but I do think he was unconscious and likely would have drowned even if the boat hadn't come along.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-03-03, 16:54   Link #137
inisipis

Quote:

....he loved that ball so much...
Yes. He sure got it alright.

Disregarding the fact that his entire class is under some deep dark curse that probably caused the deaths some of his classmates just recently and numerous others in the past. It never occurred to him as he heads into that cloudy and very empty sea devoid of other swimmers, about Drowning, Carried away by the tides, Shark attack, Lightning strikes and the speeding motorboat that's been zipping here and there before, Plus without a lifeguard in sight.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:11   Link #138
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

*sigh* No one disregarded anything today. They were safe or so they thought.

Besides, it's not like it matters to the calamity whether you are being cautious or not. As we all know, anyone can die anywhere if they are unlucky enough.
Old 2012-03-03, 18:46   Link #139
inisipis

As I said, disregard the curse and all that and pretend he's just an ordinary guy. For someone who gets sick in cars, he didn't consider for a second his personal safety whatsoever in such a dangerous situation. Just look at that picture, doesn't it look foreboding and look how far that ball is. I guess the alarming screams of his friends just flew over his head before it itself flew.
Old 2012-03-03, 19:31   Link #140
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Just because you get sick on cars doesn't mean you get sick while swimming or on boats. Just fyi.
Closed Thread

Tags
beach episode