AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 03:45   Link #1381
Gravitas Free Zone

I think I'm happier with the Sheriff on my team. Having them on the opposing team often results in more stupidity than usual.

I also had the pleasure of reporting a guy tonight who TKed me at the end of a winning game.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 04:42   Link #1382
Marina2

Did developers ever said why they didn't put "Remember me" check box on login screen?
Old 2013-01-06, 05:09   Link #1383
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Did developers ever said why they didn't put "Remember me" check box on login screen?
Security, probably. "Remember me" is highly frowned upon for nearly every application since it's a huge security risk for you. It's not so much an issue for them, as it is an issue for you. If you ever play on a public computer and you don't make sure the "remember me" option is off, you're opening yourself up to unauthorized account access. Using it at home isn't necessarily a big deal if your computer is limited to yourself, but in the off-chance that it were to be hacked into or stolen it could have those risks as well.

Needless to say, I still use it for a lot of things.
Old 2013-01-06, 06:00   Link #1384
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Huh? I'm pretty sure there is "remember me" option, since I don't even remember what is my password currently.
Old 2013-01-06, 06:49   Link #1385
Blaat

Yup there is a save password option in my version I changed my passwords several times because I keep forgetting it.
Old 2013-01-06, 07:50   Link #1386
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Matchmaker is behaving oddly? No. Working as intended.

it behaving even oddlier to me... all tier 5 and all tier 6 match

Old 2013-01-06, 13:53   Link #1387
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Wow, if you think the Cromwell isn't good, then the Comet will be an unpleasant grind. The Cromwell is a big fat light .. but it's gun is very good for it's size and it's amazingly fast.. You can run circles around a KV1 and shoot into it's engine. The Cromwell's gun can penetrate tanks from the front .. that's more than you usually get from mediums .. You'll be more out gunned in the Comet than you currently are ..
I know the brits where known for their steely resolve during the war but come on !?

I dunno its highest gun (the 75mm vickers) seems incredible underpowered in that while it does penetrate often it does next to no damage when it does unless your taking on light scouts (which seems to be its main purpose) but that seems like a rare occurrence when the match maker more often than not pits you against an onslaught of medium and heavies.

It doesn't even feel particularly maneuverer at speed either at the minute but I'm guessing that'll improve somewhat after I train up the crew.

Also what is this sheriff everyone keeps mentioning ?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 14:15   Link #1388
Blaat

T-34 and M4 are on elite status, no idea where to go from there. I guess I'll keep them, it's always fun to play with the M4's derp gun.

I however did sell my Panzer IV in favour of the VK3601H. It feels like an armoured slower version of the Panzer IV. I'm liking it so far. I also 'super mario'd' a KV-1 in Prokhovka to see if it works, it does. It was funny.
Old 2013-01-06, 14:26   Link #1389
Sumeragi
Banned

Finally got a decent Panther II battle:

Still not liking the Panther II. I need to get to the E-50 Ausf. M as soon as possible.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:07   Link #1390
LeoXiao
思想工作

We need to platoon sometime. My biggest annoyance is not having enough people to help me snipe a heavy tank.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:10   Link #1391
Gravitas Free Zone

The Sheriff thing is a mini-event where you receive 1250 free XP for killing a tank marked as the "Sheriff" in a game. It'll have a special marker on their icon and next to their name.

When they ran the event three weeks ago the prize was 200 gold, which led to some remarkable stupidity occurring. The lessened prize will probably mitigate that somewhat.

A Tiger non-confidence builder: When I was able to shoot through the lower front plate of one using the Easy Eight's M1A1 76mm.

I mentioned it a few posts ago, but again... I do love my VK3601H. Though I'm not dumping the PzIV yet.
Old 2013-01-06, 16:15   Link #1392
Sumeragi
Banned

It was 500 gold.
Old 2013-01-06, 16:31   Link #1393
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Take it that was an NA server only deal then =/

Wish there was another way of converting elite tank EXP other than having to spend real cash (like maybe using in-game credits similarly to how premium ammo is bought) as I have accumulated about 35.000 odd EXP on my elite tanks that could help me get my Chaffee.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:33   Link #1394
Sumeragi
Banned

No. You have to shell out gold.
Old 2013-01-06, 16:38   Link #1395
Sumeragi
Banned

First time to break 1,000 exp using the L/70 on the StuG III:

What was interesting about the battle was how I managed to get three of my kills by tracking the target. They were really hopeless in their position since they exposed their side or underbelly to me. I loved penetrating them to pieces.

Last edited by Sumeragi; 2013-01-06 at 16:48.
Old 2013-01-06, 16:42   Link #1396
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^well... have to say that was a good battle, what gun were you using? the L70 or the 10.5?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 16:45   Link #1397
Sumeragi
Banned

Read the title
Old 2013-01-06, 18:05   Link #1398
Gravitas Free Zone

Enjoying my Easy Eight so far. Have final gun, still working on final suspension and turret. The starting suspension gets tracked ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

But when I'm thinking clearly and the terrain is good, we have things like solo kills on this KV-1. Even if I had to shoot it twelve times. (But hey, five crits on him, including a wee bit of burning.)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(And I know the KV is a tier down, but the E8 isn't going to survive too many hits either.)
Old 2013-01-06, 18:41   Link #1399
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So I assume that the Operation Nordwind weekend has ended? While I think it's too much to ask for the team distributions to return to normal after this, but I think I'll welcome the return of games where it isn't squadron upon squadron of tank destroyers.
Old 2013-01-06, 19:01   Link #1400
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I know the brits where known for their steely resolve during the war but come on !?

I dunno its highest gun (the 75mm vickers) seems incredible underpowered in that while it does penetrate often it does next to no damage when it does unless your taking on light scouts (which seems to be its main purpose) but that seems like a rare occurrence when the match maker more often than not pits you against an onslaught of medium and heavies.

It doesn't even feel particularly maneuverer at speed either at the minute but I'm guessing that'll improve somewhat after I train up the crew.
Get your crew levels up. The Cromwell is one of the best vehicles when it comes to manoeuvring ability. It reaches in excess of 60kph and is well balanced, the gun is great for up to Tier 6 and punishes even Tier 8 heavies in the side and back. The ability to keep speed while ducking around cover and turning (scouts for example bleed a lot of speed when turning) is great for getting into a "carousel" (or circle of death)

On a match just now in Abbey, I managed to pop out behind a T29 and nearly kill him, if a Hummel didn't come and spoil the fun. The great thing is the HP pool for a medium tank, at 750hp with a high rate of fire, I can survive a stray heavy hit and continue pounding away! EDIT: Actually, I lied, I just noticed my crew is ~69% on my first skill ..

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks