Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 19:57   Link #401
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
What I don't like about this is that they might axe ILM's feature animation division. Rango was a neat movie, FAR too neat for the mouse house.....ugh corporations....
Good call. Rango was excellent. One of the best films I've seen over the last few years.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 16:08   Link #402
JagdPanther

Well, that music discussion was all for naught.

John Williams to score Star Wars Episode VII: http://youtu.be/XR-_bK7Mhnw

Old 2013-05-02, 16:20   Link #403
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That means at least one thing will be good about the movie.
Old 2013-05-03, 00:09   Link #404
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Or we as fans will be forced to ignore the movies. Or at least episodes 1-3, 7-9.

I've read nearly every single Star Wars book in existence. Well, except the Black Fleet Crisis. I skipped over that one and never bothered to read it, for some reason.

BUT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~?

Of course, if they rewrite history so Mara Jade (my favorite EU character aside from Kyle Katarn) doesn't die in the stupidest manner possible, then I might be open to the idea. Yes, I am still pissed she died. And if they have it so Jacen Solo doesn't turn evil, I'm also for that.

Oh, and if Grand Admiral Thrawn doesn't die either, that would be cool. After Thrawn died, I always felt that the following "bad guys" of the series just never came close. Pellaeon was never really a "bad guy" IMO, and Daala wasn't that great of a leader (little to no strategic prowess, though she had a good grasp of standard Imperial naval tactics). Don't even get me started on the Yuuzhan Vong crisis. I always thought that the whole thing with not being able to detect them in the Force except after Zonama Sekot was rediscovered was stupid. The Corellian system uprising was really stupid, too. At least the Yuuzhan Vong war didn't feel forced.

Actually, if they're going to reboot the Expanded Universe, I've got a whole list of characters for my "not dead" list.

Spoiler for Some characters that were killed in the stupidest manner:

Honestly, the only character that didn't die in a stupid manner was Chewbacca. Chewbacca died in the most badass way possible - a moon crashing into a planet.

And if they do insist on destroying the EU, I demand they keep Saba Sebatyne. She's probably the most badass Jedi Master aside from Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn. In fact, they should keep ALL of the major Council Members (Corran, Saba, Cilghal, Kyle, Kyp, Kam, Tionne and Jaina). Kenth Hamner can go die in a hole, though... I never liked him to begin with. For a Jedi Master, he was painfully spineless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post

Wait, people actually thought someone other than John Williams would do the score to the new Star Wars movies? ROFLMAO.

Only when John Williams is dead. And maybe not even then.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-05-03 at 01:19. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 07:13   Link #405
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Of course, if they rewrite history so Mara Jade (my favorite EU character aside from Kyle Katarn) doesn't die in the stupidest manner possible, then I might be open to the idea. Yes, I am still pissed she died. And if they have it so Jacen Solo doesn't turn evil, I'm also for that.
Remember which author killed her... Apparently, Timothy Zahn is still pissed about that.
Quote:
Oh, and if Grand Admiral Thrawn doesn't die either, that would be cool. After Thrawn died, I always felt that the following "bad guys" of the series just never came close. Pellaeon was never really a "bad guy" IMO, and Daala wasn't that great of a leader (little to no strategic prowess, though she had a good grasp of standard Imperial naval tactics). Don't even get me started on the Yuuzhan Vong crisis. I always thought that the whole thing with not being able to detect them in the Force except after Zonama Sekot was rediscovered was stupid. The Corellian system uprising was really stupid, too. At least the Yuuzhan Vong war didn't feel forced.
I think the Vong are amongst the worst ideas to come out of the EU ever. I would be thrilled if they got redacted. My luck, that time period will be the basis for the sequel trilogy...

Quote:
Actually, if they're going to reboot the Expanded Universe, I've got a whole list of characters for my "not dead" list.

Spoiler for Some characters that were killed in the stupidest manner:
You realize it's called Star Wars. Usually, some people die. Reading your post, it sounds like the only people who are allowed to die are nameless background characters.

I can agree with a few you've listed, but not all. Jesmin's death was heartbreaking, but well done. Not sure how it was a "stupid" death.

Conversely, Etain's death was laughably bad (see first comment I made above for why it ended up that way).
Quote:
Honestly, the only character that didn't die in a stupid manner was Chewbacca. Chewbacca died in the most badass way possible - a moon crashing into a planet.
I have to admit, when I started reading your comments about stupid deaths, I did not expect that Chewie's death would get your seal of approval.

Quote:
Wait, people actually thought someone other than John Williams would do the score to the new Star Wars movies? ROFLMAO.

Only when John Williams is dead. And maybe not even then.
Uh... yes. The man is nearing 90. He will be over 90 when he starts scoring the movie, probably. He could've said, "You know, I can score some smaller-time films, but something like another Star Wars may just be too much for me at this age." Or, Disney could say, "We don't want you on this movie because we're morons." A hundred reasons could've kept Williams from doing it. So, speculation abound.

But, he is really the only choice if he COULD do it. And I am glad he is.

Old 2013-05-06, 15:16   Link #406
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://ea.newshq.businesswire.com/pr...ames-agreement

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 15:28   Link #407
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder what part of EA will be making those games?

I still want an updated X-wing/TIE Fighter style space combat flight simulator.
Old 2013-05-06, 16:47   Link #408
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

maybe battlefield star wars by DICE

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:16   Link #409
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post

Is he going to be alive that long? He's really getting up there in years.

Endless "Longevity" Soul
Old 2013-05-07, 04:26   Link #410
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I still want an updated X-wing/TIE Fighter style space combat flight simulator.
I doubt that will ever happen. How many YEARS has it been since those games came out? About 16 years, now. Yet no sequel. Well, unless we get some brave soul with a kickstarter.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Rogue Squadron series for what it was, but it was no flight simulator.

...I miss my TIE Defender.

In likelihood, we'll get some shitty movie-licensed titles and some kiddy spin-offs. Well, on the plus side, we might get some new Lego Star Wars games out of the deal so it might not be all bad.

Still, it boggles the mind that they haven't made a revamped TIE Fighter vs. X-Wing series. They could make SO MUCH MONEY from it from people like me who would buy it on NOSTALGIA ALONE. Hell, the level design is practically already there - Balance of Power has 15 missions EACH. That's 30 missions right there... the only things that need to be done are improved graphics and maybe some tweaking of the physics to make it less of a "twitchy" game.

But no... we get crappy games like The Force Unleashed I and II. *sigh*

Hell, I'd settle for a reboot of the Rebel Assault series at this point.
Old 2013-05-13, 18:05   Link #411
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I doubt that will ever happen. How many YEARS has it been since those games came out? About 16 years, now. Yet no sequel. Well, unless we get some brave soul with a kickstarter.
Which, with the gaming license now in the hands of EA, is a pipe dream now gone in a puff of smoke.

Of all the decisions they could have made, Disney gave EA, a publisher, exclusive rights to star wars games.

Talk about out of the frying pan, into the fire...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:07   Link #412
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
We can look forward to more Star Wars themed F2P cash-slurping trashware.

Good job, Disney.
Old 2013-05-13, 18:23   Link #413
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That depends on how much money Disney wants to make off it now, doesn't it?
Old 2013-05-20, 10:21   Link #414
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

http://starwars.com/news/new-animate...fall-2014.html

New animated series covering the two decades between eps. iii and iv.

First potentially good news since the disney buyout.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:26   Link #415
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
http://starwars.com/news/new-animate...fall-2014.html

New animated series covering the two decades between eps. iii and iv.

First potentially good news since the disney buyout.
It's an interesting idea, and it seems to have some quality producers involved, so consider me cautiously optimistic for the future of Star Wars animation.

Still, the potential stories are going to be slightly dark (the empire does stay the empire for those 20 years), and despite Disney XD's success with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I don't know if they are ready for a potentially dark show all about the trials and tribulations (and mostly failings) of the Rebel Alliance.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 12:54   Link #416
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well since it is at least a part of the Clone Wars team, they can still potentially present their remaining Clone Wars work in the lead up to Star Wars: Rebels.

They also have existing characters and assents to work with from Clone Wars. The people that were not killed in canon during Revenge of the Sith and such.

Which also given them potental use of one former padawan learner of one Anakin Skywalker.
Old 2013-05-20, 13:12   Link #417
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I wonder if the animation style will be Clone Wars-like or if they will go with a different design. They did mention that they were using the classic Ralph McQuarrie paintings as a basis. I'm glad Dave Filoni is still involved.

Endless "Animated" Soul
Old 2013-05-20, 13:17   Link #418
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

McQuarrie's work at least for the technology. Not sure about anything else. I know they probably shouldn't remake the 3PO series droids in that style since C-3PO is a very known quanity, and ships and things that already existed long before that era and still appeared on screen for A New Hope should remain as they are. But the new things. The Imperial and Rebel war machines are new after the Clone Wars (or in some cases new during the Clone Wars) and can be setup in that art style and then later revert to how they were in A New Hope...as the technology progresses.

We already have Clone Wars era Y-wings and Z-95 Headhunters.
Old 2013-05-28, 22:25   Link #419
AnimeFan188

Storyboards reveal the amazing Star Wars prequel you never saw:

"We had no idea the Star Wars prequels could have been this good! A brand new
book of Star Wars storyboards maps out a much darker origin story for Luke and
Leia Skywalker. Everything is darker, worlds are destroyed, characters die and
Qui-Gon Jinn HAS A MOHAWK. Here's the amazing details we spotted in Star Wars
Storyboards, a new book put together by the artists behind the prequels."

See:

http://io9.com/storyboards-reveal-th...u-ne-510134498
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 00:35   Link #420
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Storyboards reveal the amazing Star Wars prequel you never saw:

"We had no idea the Star Wars prequels could have been this good! A brand new
book of Star Wars storyboards maps out a much darker origin story for Luke and
Leia Skywalker. Everything is darker, worlds are destroyed, characters die and
Qui-Gon Jinn HAS A MOHAWK. Here's the amazing details we spotted in Star Wars
Storyboards, a new book put together by the artists behind the prequels."

See:

http://io9.com/storyboards-reveal-th...u-ne-510134498
A young Han Solo like anakin being roguesh yet charming and sneaking a kiss on Padme could have made the whole Padme/Anakin romance work a lot better.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
star wars