Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
Mizore wtf?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 19:53   Link #1122
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Why spoiler, the episode has been subbed and out for days already.

And no, the episode is vaguely like the manga, but misses it by miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i find ep 7 couldve been handled better while still avoiding the darker chapters. ie:
Spoiler:
Thing is there's no need for Moka to come to the rescue!! Tsukune is suposed to be all GARified by now!!

Moka saving the day ALL the time is pathetic
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 20:15   Link #1123
Lone04
Call of Duty 4 Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post

Thing is there's no need for Moka to come to the rescue!! Tsukune is suposed to be all GARified by now!!

Agreed. It was completely pointless.
Lone04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 20:58   Link #1124
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
diffrence with the manga and the anime later on the manga they started having a story arch about the school than just flavor of the week monster
Old 2008-02-23, 21:37   Link #1125
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Thats the sad thing about this, because they've limited themselves to 12/13 episodes they can't fdelve into the actual story arcs. So all we're left with is Moka rescuing Tsukune every week, which is crap.
Old 2008-02-24, 00:28   Link #1126
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 02:08   Link #1127
Nemuru

You're right, episode 7 has been subbed but...

Spoiler for response to Tiamat:
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 05:30   Link #1128
junkun13

i love this anime
junkun13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 06:36   Link #1129
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:

Spoiler for manga:
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 07:20   Link #1130
Bullet Butler
Violet Over Drive!

Thumbs up

Amazon.jp has the covers for the next batch of character song CDs:

(via 2ch)

Spoiler:

Wasn't expecting the last one, actually. Whatcha gonna do when The Kappuchu's after YOU?!?
Bullet Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 08:44   Link #1131
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Not possible, unless they intend to pull the story out of their arses (which lets face it is more probable than them following the manga)

Season 2 of the manga has really only just started, and it's going slow.

Tsukune should be GAR by now, however given the number of epiosdes out, and the number in the season, it's impossible for them to turn it around and do the series justice anymore. They cut out some of the really important bits of the manga, and left in some dross that frankly was only their to fill the desire of the ecchi fans. They've basically thrown out the story and gone for 'how many boobs and panties can we show', alone with 'how to make tsukune even weaker'.

Sure they could do a serious second season, however the damage has been done. Out of curiosity i asked a few people from other boards and blogs about what they though, only a few of them are still watching, and amost all of them said they wouldn't bother with a second season.

You could have the greatest second season in the world, but if you've lost your viewers because of a shite first season it's 10x as hard to get them back to watch the new season.
Old 2008-02-24, 08:52   Link #1132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sure they could do a serious second season, however the damage has been done. Out of curiosity i asked a few people from other boards and blogs about what they though, only a few of them are still watching, and amost all of them said they wouldn't bother with a second season.
You have to ask yourself one question though, why would they even go about doing a first season like this, and save all the good material for a second season? It's just one of the reasons why i can't see a second season happening.

It is a huge shame that we're not seeing the manga animated, though that doesn't mean i'm not enjoying the anime. It can be pretty fun at times, and i just love the narration by Koyasu and him voicing the lol bat.

You could look at it this way --- the anime should have more people interested with checking out the manga.
Old 2008-02-24, 09:03   Link #1133
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

@Shiroth

I agree it's highly unlikely we'll see a second season. Not impossible though *cough*girls bravo, ikkitousen*cough* But i don't think they could get a second season to work.

I agree the series does have it's fun moment, but those, to me, are out weighed by the sloppyness of the rest. The bat could of been better used as doing the narration for the 'bite sized' facts from the manga on the various monsters. He wouldn't be so damned annoying that way i think.

And yeah, i think the only good thing to come out of this will be more people checking out the manga. But i'm hoping Viz don't butcher it, they're notorius for murdering their shonen titles. They should let the Shojo department handle this one
Old 2008-02-24, 09:24   Link #1134
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:

same here, ideally id rather see tsukune stand up and fight for himself. i find the chapter with rubi less interesting than +ch21.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:01   Link #1135
Nemuru

Overall I agree alot of things could’ve been handle better in certain area, and I agree with Tsukune being GAR would add another good element to the show. While the format of introducing all the girls at once does ruin the spirit of the manga but judging the anime base on its own merit it’s decent and fun to watch but before everything else I will wait to see how the anime plays out and the final conclusion it brings. As the ED hinted the anime will probably finish at chapter 10.

Again my expectation on anime is never high, not that I expect a lot of directors to follow the manga page by page and the only example I can think of where an anime follow its manga counterpart by the book was Death Note to some degree.

As for second seasons anything is possible it’s not like we haven’t witness shows with complete anime original ending having second season or third season.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-02-24 at 16:07.
Old 2008-02-24, 17:49   Link #1136
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Butler View Post
Amazon.jp has the covers for the next batch of character song CDs:

(via 2ch)

Spoiler:

Wasn't expecting the last one, actually. Whatcha gonna do when The Kappuchu's after YOU?!?
And here I was expecting Mizore to be the one in the glittery purple. Light blue looks nice on her, though. And the five together is cute.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:32   Link #1137
attobyte

I don't think this one as a bad anime (the event loop has become quite boring though) and since I'm not reading the manga (to be honest I don't have the necessary skills to read it) the diferences between anime and manga mean nothing to me.
I'm still watching it due to all the manga spoilers out there and since a know what may happen (at least I hope it will) I think R+V has a lot of potential. In fact FMP-TSR was a little boring until the last two eps. Either way I'm still with the anime, I don't think it will disappoint me.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 21:12   Link #1138
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Although I love seeing the characters animated the First few episodes were PANTSU FEST. their cutting back a little so the episodes are getting better. but the "swimsuit" episode was the worst by far as far as fan-service goes.
I love Mizore tho.....but this animu has taken a turn for the worst. perhaps another studio will do the 2nd season instead of lolgonzo.
I mean the shows not "horrible" by any means, but I cant help feel a little cheated by the manga being so bastardized

altho i did like episode 7 but thats because Im a Mizore fan-boy lol
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 08:52   Link #1139
Nemuru

With episode 8 out, what’s left to say "Ecchi Banzai"

Overall an enjoyable episode with fun interaction between the newspaper club members and Shirayuki involvement fun fun.
With Aya Hisakawa voicing Lilico Sensei it just got more erotic. If only the teachers at my school were that sexy I might've learnt more.

Favourite quote in episode 8
"How naive, small and palmable are what's selling these day" (going by ASS translation)

How I burst into a laughing frenzy after hearing that ^^, its hold alot of validity with the current trend in anime.
Old 2008-02-25, 09:27   Link #1140
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru
With Aya Hisakawa voicing Lilico Sensei it just got more erotic. If only the teachers at my school were that sexy I might've learnt more.
I lol'ed. In fact, it might bring the opposite effect - You will be lost in your own erotic thoughts

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire