Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-09-13, 08:58   Link #621
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiZX View Post
I heard that Kazuya and Roroa have a child together

Yes only the elf and dragon are not pregnant yet, they think it's because they're... elf and dragon.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 10:48   Link #622
Edgardes

Even if we assume that Maria could give up her position as a queen to Jeanne so she could marry Souma, her joining the harem would create a mess when it comes to the line of succession. Out of all girls in Souma's harem, only Roroa could threaten Liscia's position and the characters in the novel took a lot of effort to make sure this wouldn't happen. Maria is far more capable than Liscia as a queen. That alone would be a source of conflict inside of the harem and from a political point of view. And even they somehow manage to deal with it, good look trying to explain to their children (Maria and Souma's) and their descendants that they wouldn't be able to become the heir to the throne despite the fact their mother was once the queen of the most powerful kingdom in the world.
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 11:49   Link #623
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
Even if we assume that Maria could give up her position as a queen to Jeanne so she could marry Souma, her joining the harem would create a mess when it comes to the line of succession. Out of all girls in Souma's harem, only Roroa could threaten Liscia's position and the characters in the novel took a lot of effort to make sure this wouldn't happen. Maria is far more capable than Liscia as a queen. That alone would be a source of conflict inside of the harem and from a political point of view. And even they somehow manage to deal with it, good look trying to explain to their children (Maria and Souma's) and their descendants that they wouldn't be able to become the heir to the throne despite the fact their mother was once the queen of the most powerful kingdom in the world.
No one is assuming Maria will abdicate to marry Souma. But Someone usurping her reign is a possible catalyst for her to marry Souma to get his help.

Nah the line of succession is pretty clear cut. Liscia specifically asked Souma to have the succession in mind before he begets more heir.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 12:39   Link #624
Edgardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
No one is assuming Maria will abdicate to marry Souma. But Someone usurping her reign is a possible catalyst for her to marry Souma to get his help.

Nah the line of succession is pretty clear cut. Liscia specifically asked Souma to have the succession in mind before he begets more heir.
How that would change anything that I said? The problem lies in Maria's existence. She is a far more capable queen than Liscia. Maria's position is far above any of the girls in Souma's harem. Even if Maria herself is fine with her children having no succession rights, would the subjects of the Empire think the same? Would her future children with Souma accept the fact they have no rights to the throne?

Right now the line of succession might be pretty clear cut, but it won't remain the same if Maria joins the harem.
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 14:32   Link #625
KasumiZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Yes only the elf and dragon are not pregnant yet, they think it's because they're... elf and dragon.
He has four kids already just have long have he been there
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 17:23   Link #626
Snowbold

Quote:
He has four kids already just have long have he been there
At least a couple of years. I think there was a year before the war with Amidonia, then Liscia got pregnant and a wedding soon after. So I think there were about 2 years (give or take a few months) before he even started sleeping with the others.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-13, 22:50   Link #627
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
How that would change anything that I said? The problem lies in Maria's existence. She is a far more capable queen than Liscia. Maria's position is far above any of the girls in Souma's harem. Even if Maria herself is fine with her children having no succession rights, would the subjects of the Empire think the same? Would her future children with Souma accept the fact they have no rights to the throne?

Right now the line of succession might be pretty clear cut, but it won't remain the same if Maria joins the harem.
You're overthinking this. It's pretty clear Liscia has the final say on who will join or not. If Maria really wants to join then she would need to deal with Liscia first. The two can iron out the whole succession issue that you are so worried about. If no deal is made then Liscia will just refuse for her to join.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-15, 03:17   Link #628
Huh...?

Quote:
Quote:
Whether Maria abdicates to Jeanne, or is usurped by someone, if she ends up marrying Souma because of those reasons, then its impossible for her children(s) to be in-line of succession for the Crown of Friedonia, as long as the other higher position Primary Queens children are alive, because primarily the line of succession is defined by the order of Birth of the Children's (that's why there was ordering and waiting with the other Harem members so that Liscia is the first one to give birth).

Even politically, no one would actually like the fact if the children of the Former Princess of Elfrieden & 1st Primary Queen "Liscia" aren't first in-line of succession of Friedonia even-though they were First Born, and an later position Primary Queen children gets it.
Even if Maria is highly capable and has a bigger charisma and presences than Liscia, she only has those in Gran Chaos Empire, not in Friedonia. So, people of Gran Chaos won't be able to complain even if her children don't succeed the Crown of Friedonia.

The only time there might be some issue, is if Souma ends-up taking over the whole of Gran Chaos Empire as well in the case Maria was usurped (but there would be power balance issue if that happens, which i mentioned before).
Only then there might be some issue, as people of Gran Chaos who hold great respect for Maria might not agree with the situation. But if the rule of "Succession Rights based on Order of Birth" is a common knowledge even in there (before merge), then they won't be able to say much to it (it would be similar to the situation with Roroa, as people of Amidonia might not have liked her children not getting to be in succession rights, which is why her pregnancy attempt was delayed until Lisica gave birth), because even if Maria is capable, it doesn't mean her children would be capable as well. Also no one would expect a new foreign King who took over their land to easily accept the wish of the people to allow a new lower position Primary Queen's children to be first in line of succession, over the First Born of the 1st Primary Queen (similar to how currently many in Amidonia won't be able to do the same).

It would have been a different case though, if the "line of succession" wasn't derived by Birth Order, but rather by either the Will of the Current King or the Capabilities of the Prince'/Princess' in line mainly.

As for explaining the situation to the children and later descendants, well all that depends on their upbringing and what they have been taught. And just because the descendants learn that their Grandmother (or Great Gran or in whatever generation) was a Queen of a another Empire, they won't really be able to complain on the right for succession of Friedonia, because by that time the Royal Family would have split into different Noble houses already, with the main house which would have the first Succession rights being in rule (even if they do end up complaining, that would just mean that Roroa's side descendants would also end up complaining).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2020-09-15 at 03:31.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-25, 01:51   Link #629
Huh...?

LN v13 Illustrations,
https://imgur.com/a/A8TfgKf

Old 2021-03-01, 07:10   Link #630
Huh...?

LN v14 confirmed for release on April 25, 2021.
Quote:
魔王領、一部奪還――マルムキタン王フウガが挙げた大戦果により東方諸国連合内でフウガ派が勢力を拡大して いた。これを懸念した反フウガ派はフウガ暗殺を画策。いまここに、歴史の転換点となる戦いが始まる――。革 新的な異世界内政ファンタジー、第14巻!

Old 2021-03-04, 13:24   Link #631
Algester

anyway to those curious still in the web novel the nine dragon archipelago isnt vasalized by Souma thats the end of it but Sha bon is working in his court to some extent so if shes an ambassador as a political hostage or as a diplomat/envoy sent by the higher ups in the archipelago in the conclusion of the arc are a given sha bon can not be part of the harem as she has no high connection in the archipelago itself she's just like a daughter of a local warlord if you think about it, the eyes are basically still on fuuga, maria and souma and the lunaria papal state looking at the border gore fuuga made makes me think that he's saying for gran chaos to take that territory but once you are touching mine its a reason for cassus beli

in short a sequence of event s will happen that might result in Maria's lands in the gran chaos will be vassalized by Souma in a way of unification but not the entire empire itself, from the looks of it the gran chaos empire is composed of smaller empires similar to what happened to to the mongol empire and macedonian empire

Last edited by Algester; 2021-03-04 at 13:35.
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 15:01   Link #632
Huh...?

@Algester: Not really sure, but i remember reading that in the WN, after the whole situation is resolved in the Nine Dragon Archipelago, all the Islands are combined to form a Kingdom (it was a Union before), and the rulership was given to Sha Bon.
Also, Nine Dragon joins the Navy Alliance that Souma created, and Sha Bon makes a promise to make her first child marry one of Souma's twins (and during Part III of the WN its learned that she gave birth to a daughter, who is politically engaged to Souma's son Cian Elfrieden).

Old 2021-03-05, 20:50   Link #633
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
@Algester: Not really sure, but i remember reading that in the WN, after the whole situation is resolved in the Nine Dragon Archipelago, all the Islands are combined to form a Kingdom (it was a Union before), and the rulership was given to Sha Bon.
Also, Nine Dragon joins the Navy Alliance that Souma created, and Sha Bon makes a promise to make her first child marry one of Souma's twins (and during Part III of the WN its learned that she gave birth to a daughter, who is politically engaged to Souma's son Cian Elfrieden).
interesting...
Old 2021-03-09, 10:54   Link #634
Algester

https://i.imgur.com/41IjpFW.jpg

Yeesh Maria chill with the fore-shadowing

So I'm guessing the fans are hit so hard that Souma will have to pacify the Gran Chaos Empire at one point
Old 2021-03-10, 16:57   Link #635
KasumiZX

It would seem that Juna and Kazuya have an another child

Last edited by KasumiZX; 2021-03-15 at 09:01.
KasumiZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-14, 23:38   Link #636
Snowbold

Quote:
It would seem that Juno and Kazuya have an another child
Juno the adventurer or is he getting it on again with the bae singer?
Old 2021-03-15, 03:38   Link #637
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
The one pregnant is Yuna, the blue haired wife, not Juno the adventurer, Soma doesn't even have that kind of relationship with her.
Old 2021-03-15, 04:29   Link #638
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
The one pregnant is Yuna, the blue haired wife, not Juno the adventurer, Soma doesn't even have that kind of relationship with her.
Its not Yuna, its "Juna" (even in the Japanese version, since the Author does provide the English pronunciation for a lot of characters).
Spoiler:

Old 2021-03-15, 04:55   Link #639
Snowbold

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Its not Yuna, its "Juna" (even in the Japanese version, since the Author does provide the English pronunciation for a lot of characters).
Spoiler:
Still, he is getting it on with Juna and I don't blame him. He needs to spread the love in his harem. The elf and dragon need children, lol (although that is probably harder because of their biology).
Old 2021-03-15, 05:19   Link #640
Huh...?

Quote:
Still, he is getting it on with Juna and I don't blame him. He needs to spread the love in his harem. The elf and dragon need children, lol (although that is probably harder because of their biology).
Well, he is spending too much time with Juna, considering that in the WN by the time of "Part III", Juna is the only one who got pregnant twice (well, politically she is the only one with who Souma can easily go wild, without having to worrying about succession issues with more children, as she is the only normal Secondary Queen. Naden is also in same position, but she is petite and a Ryuu).
- Liscia gave birth once (fraternal twins; 1st & 2nd)
- Juna gave birth twice (girl & boy; 3rd & 5th)
- Roroa gave birth once (boy; 4th)

Tags
fantasy, harem, nation building, politics, true harem