AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-05-22, 09:37   Link #41
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
How heavy is it?
7.2kg

Source: http://www.marshallamps.com/product....pageType=SPECS
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 10:41   Link #42
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
How heavy is it?
I think what me meant by this is: Does it go to 11?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz

Last edited by MidnightViper88; 2009-05-22 at 10:52.
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 11:33   Link #43
Kyourin
garbage collector

rather .. refering to the episode where Yui needs to transfer the amp from the club room to the performance stage
Kyourin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 12:42   Link #44
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Bah! I like my Spinal Tap reference better...

Besides, guys shouldn't have issues with how heavy their amp is, short of a half-stack, and even at that, I'd still tell them to suck it up...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-05-22, 16:14   Link #45
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Besides, guys shouldn't have issues with how heavy their amp is, short of a half-stack, and even at that, I'd still tell them to suck it up...
I used to have a Silver Face 72 Fender Twin Reverb let me tell you shlepping that thing gets really really old...

For my bass rig I have a Genz Benz Shuttle 6 hybrid amp head. It only weighs 5 pounds and come with a little carrying case. And its 600 watts!

I thought in the show Yui's les paul was a 58 Historic Reissue. You can tell its not a 59 because the 59 has a flamed maple top

here is a pic of one of my basses

Its a ObG Custom Shop
Olympic White
Tortish Shell Picguard
Chrome Hardware
Audere pre amp
Nordstand Pickups

Its the one I usually play around the house so I don't damage my Sadowsky

Last edited by fish eric; 2009-05-22 at 23:29.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 21:36   Link #46
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohyuko View Post
Mugi's got good taste in keyboards. She utilizes the Korg Trition Extreme as her main instrument of choice. Good show Mugi, good show.

Features:

Keys: 88(Real Weighted, Hammer Action)
Effects: Joystick, Ribbon controller, Realtime Controls Knob, Arpeggiator, Sliders(My gosh Mugi, utilize this beast properly!)
Pedal Inputs: 2. 1 Damper, 1 Assignable
MIDI: In, Out, Thru
Price: ?(Discontinued)

There's, of course, a mess load more functions and such, but those are the main ones.

And if anyone's curious, the Keytar that Mugi uses during the ED song is a white Korg RK-100 MIDI controller. Its just.... not connected to anything in the ED. As far as I know, the Korg RK-100, like most keytars, only serves as a controller, and can't actually make sounds on its own.
I want to make a correction towards the KORG keyboard that Mugi uses. It seems a bit too small to be the 88-key one. As I also re-runned the OP to K-On! I realized that Mugi has the 66-key version that has a semi-weighted gradual hammer action. Just pointing out the details.
Old 2009-05-25, 00:35   Link #47
koohyuko

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it is indeed the 88 key. I went back and checked out the OP, and using two reference shots, concluded that it is indeed a 88 key. Check it.

Spoiler for The Proof(I Hope):

That gives us 6 full octaves(the 3rd Octave, labeled Octave C, is repeated in both shots), and two sets of 8 keys on each end(E through B on the low end and C through G on the upper end). That's 88 keys. It got slightly cut out, but in the OP version of the lower shot, you can see the LED screen, which is clearly visible on the top image. That was my reference point in making sure that I didn't skip/add any octaves.

Gosh, I'm bored. I'm doing an analysis of the OP to determine the number of keys.... I think its bedtime.
koohyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 22:59   Link #48
Beatus

I'm actually surprised that it's MG15 because I thought it looked quite big when Yui was carrying it to the hall during the school fair. I recently bought a MG30, so that was my guess in terms of size and power output since MG15 is more of a pratice amp and probably not the amp a guitarist would use for a live show.

Does anyone know the model of the amp that Mio uses? I thought it was a Fender but I have my doubts after reading a post somewhere else saying that it's mot.
Beatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:31   Link #49
rockmanxpr

Well first post on this forum, and I'll chime in about the instruments of my fav show of the season!

First off the Korg Triton Extreme, OK my buddy has one and I got use it for a while, that thing weighs a ton! It takes two people to carry it! Guess you can say Mugi is the perfect roadie, can carry anything! But man is it confusing to navigate through sounds on it, like for me the inexperienced keyboard player, it's definetly a workstation for a real musician and not some novice.

Gibson Les Paul, now I've been to japan a lot and that's where I do my guitar shopping (love getting Ibanez RG's and Edwards (ESP) guitars that you can't get in the USA) and yes Gibson's are really popular and just as expensive here, but LP's today, ever since 2007, have lost their tone due to all the inside body routing that Gibson says balances out the weight of the guitar, but that pretty much ruins the whole LP tone to me. Last year I bought a Edwards LP clone for about $540 but i did compare it to a older LP, soundwise the LP won out just barely though, and that costs $3000, so I'm pretty what I went home with. The cool thing about the edwards was it was built like an older LP and had more weight to it and sounds great. Too bad Yui didn't find one :P

Fender Jazz bass, I got one last week off of Ebay and it's worthy of Mio's attention! cept mine's not a lefty Since I'm not really a bass player I can't compare it to other highend basses, i had a cheapo SGR bass but this MiM Fender blows it out of the water, has great bottom end but when you want to cut thru a mix, change the tone knob to a more mid range freq, and you're set. well to be fair the one i got had some upgrades...

Yamaha drums: well crap I have no opinion on drums, I'm using Mac Hine as my drummer :P but it makes me kind of laugh hearing extra toms that Ristu doesn't have on her kit
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 02:47   Link #50
Tamekichi
流離っている

I always found it odd that Ritsu could afford the Yamaha Hipgig set in the first place, due to it's high price. Yes yes, I know she bargained it down, but still.
Tamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 05:17   Link #51
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohyuko View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure that it is indeed the 88 key. I went back and checked out the OP, and using two reference shots, concluded that it is indeed a 88 key. Check it.

Spoiler for The Proof(I Hope):

That gives us 6 full octaves(the 3rd Octave, labeled Octave C, is repeated in both shots), and two sets of 8 keys on each end(E through B on the low end and C through G on the upper end). That's 88 keys. It got slightly cut out, but in the OP version of the lower shot, you can see the LED screen, which is clearly visible on the top image. That was my reference point in making sure that I didn't skip/add any octaves.

Gosh, I'm bored. I'm doing an analysis of the OP to determine the number of keys.... I think its bedtime.
I didn't really see the graduated hammers underneath the OP, if you can find a picture of that, then I will be convinced. Since, I went to Sam Ash and Guitar Center today, and the 88-key was way larger than what I saw in K-On!
Old 2009-05-27, 21:05   Link #52
rockmanxpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
I didn't really see the graduated hammers underneath the OP, if you can find a picture of that, then I will be convinced. Since, I went to Sam Ash and Guitar Center today, and the 88-key was way larger than what I saw in K-On!
Oh yeah, 88 key version is BIG, took up my whole desk!
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 23:00   Link #53
koohyuko

I'll see. In the end though, as much effort as the animators have put into realism, there's only so much realism you can have with animation.

Side note: With Mugi's apparently vast wealth, I just can't see her going for anything less than the 88 key. Like really, her family has multiple houses, but she can't go all out on her instrument? Especially if she's been playing for a long while(what, since she was 4, I think she said?) She gonna get the best of the best.
koohyuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 23:18   Link #54
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Proportion is everything; Maybe it is an 88-key version, but the animators drew it smaller than it really is in proportion to Tsumugi...

...or maybe it's the other way around...
Old 2009-05-28, 19:47   Link #55
Beatus

She got a 75% on Yui's guitar, I'm pretty sure she got a 100% discount on the keyboard =.=;
Beatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 22:55   Link #56
Fran~
floating away...

Azu-nyan guitar:

Manufacturer: Fender
Model: Mustang
Period: 1964-1982, 1990-present

Construction
Body type: Solid
Neck joint: Bolt-on
Scale: 22.5" or 24" (I assume that Azusa has the shorter version because of her size).

Woods
Body: Poplar, Basswood, Alder, Ash, Mahogany
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Rosewood, Maple

Hardware
Bridge: Fender Dynamic Vibrato
Pickup(s): 2 single coil
Colors available: Sonic Blue, Daphne Blue, Dakota Red, Olympic White (Azusa's guitar is in Dakota Red).
Old 2009-05-29, 01:16   Link #57
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Looking closely through the episode, it seems Azusa has the 24" 22 fret model. You get a clear shot at the neck at 18:16 - 18:20 (and a bit better one at 05:40, but it is a really quick shot).

Last edited by Willen; 2009-05-29 at 01:48.
Old 2009-05-29, 04:59   Link #58
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Fender Mustangs are more of a Jazz and Blues (and maybe Classic Rock) electric guitar right?

I haven't seen a lot of those here...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 09:20   Link #59
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Fender Mustangs are more of a Jazz and Blues (and maybe Classic Rock) electric guitar right?

I haven't seen a lot of those here...
According to Wikipedia, they've had a resurgence (along with the Fender Jaguar and Jazzmaster) due to their popularity with 90's Grunge/Punk Rock/Alternative bands looking for a vintage sound and for an inexpensive (at the time) quality Fender guitar (compared to a more expensive Strat or Telecaster).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Mustang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Jaguar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazzmaster
Old 2009-05-29, 09:26   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I see. It's just that I associate Fenders with Blues guitarists who apparently want that old school "twang" sounds.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote