AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-22, 15:03   Link #2021
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
I want to see the extra episodes they release on the fourth disc.
I think I've repeated this point a number of times as well, but there will be no extra episodes on the fourth disc or any other. That was speculation based on vague solicitations (intended to cause such speculation), but it later became clear that it was just that the BDs would contain repeated episodes (the common/shared episodes). So yeah, if they do decide Kozue deserves an animated route, they could announce an OVA (it actually wouldn't totally surprise me at all if they did that, assuming the sales pan out).
Old 2010-12-22, 15:12   Link #2022
calib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Too bad, would have been nice to understand what they say in these dialogues, expecially the last scene with all the girls and when Sora smile on the bag before the departure.
Basically when Sora was on the bag, it was when they just arrived at Europe and just got off the cab to the town. Haru was trying to look for the address and Sora just told Haru she's tired and wanted to rest. Then Haru said he'll look for the address while she's resting. Sora then told Haru they have all the time they want, there is no need to rush, lets just hug each other sit here and enjoy the freedom they finally achieved.

Btw, I found out something. Intended or unintended, they made this way because according to Japanese law, they aren't allowed to show incestuous suicide in animes. That's why the director cannot explicitly show the audience they really died. Though he might wanted to make a happy ending, but we'll never know if he really wanted to make a sad ending since it cannot be aired.
calib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 15:22   Link #2023
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Oh, well, we all have slightly different tastes, as my liking of Vampire Bund shows. No-one else seems to give that show any love at all.
I feel that way about Senkou no Night Raid. I liked Dance in the Vampire Bund enough that I'm going to watch it again in Blu-Ray, and I cannot fathom why drama is so unpopular nowadays. YnS is the closest to a serious drama anime becoming widely popular that I've seen in years.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 15:31   Link #2024
zero7090

The underwater trees at 15:10-15:30 plus the sunrise screen really hint that they actually died and went to a world far away, alone. Sad end for me.
Regardless twincest end is epic anyway.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 15:35   Link #2025
justavisitor

if they die, how come none of their friend knows...?? Don't forget Nao was helping Haru to find Sora also...she would have called the police had Haru gone missing...and that would alert everyone

I doubt Nao would think the following: "Haru gone missing too!! I better go home and sleep" XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:49   Link #2026
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think I've repeated this point a number of times as well, but there will be no extra episodes on the fourth disc or any other. That was speculation based on vague solicitations (intended to cause such speculation), but it later became clear that it was just that the BDs would contain repeated episodes (the common/shared episodes). So yeah, if they do decide Kozue deserves an animated route, they could announce an OVA (it actually wouldn't totally surprise me at all if they did that, assuming the sales pan out).
I see where I was confused. The BD apparently have repeated episodes, and two of them have two versions of the same episode. The first and second one have "on air version" and "Kazuha/Akira BGM." I guess that means their respective voice actresses sing the BGM?
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 17:24   Link #2027
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 17:31   Link #2028
Oberon

The way I see it, the end was left deliberately somewhat ambiguous with some mixed signals and bait thrown in for whichever side (intact bunny argument vs. text message argument etc.), in order to make the series finisher arc have more impact in the viewer's mind and add weight to it. I'm somewhat surprised with so many people here so eager to believe the "they died" interpretation. Maybe it's because it's always easier to believe bad news rather than good news.

Personally I choose to subscribe to the "they lived" side, as I find it easier to believe someone buys a new bunny vs. dead people sending text messages from the afterlife. But maybe that's my bias towards good endings speaking, as I've grown increasingly tired of "bittersweet" or bad endings in an attempt to add depth, which ultimately only serves to make me not want to revisit a series. I get enough bad endings in daily news reports.

The theory of the director including 2 different routes into this ambiguous...something, instead of following the happy end like in the previous 3 arcs is interesting, though if that's the case, then it's my opinion that the director made an error of judgment in this, as this kind of "Twin Peaks reality warping" comes pretty much out of the left field after playing things straight and happy for 11 episodes. I'll be interested to hear any additional information in the form of interviews or staff commentary that may shed some light on their intentions.

Last edited by Oberon; 2010-12-22 at 17:52. Reason: edited for clarity
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 18:03   Link #2029
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calib View Post
Basically when Sora was on the bag, it was when they just arrived at Europe and just got off the cab to the town. Haru was trying to look for the address and Sora just told Haru she's tired and wanted to rest. Then Haru said he'll look for the address while she's resting. Sora then told Haru they have all the time they want, there is no need to rush, lets just hug each other sit here and enjoy the freedom they finally achieved.

Btw, I found out something. Intended or unintended, they made this way because according to Japanese law, they aren't allowed to show incestuous suicide in animes. That's why the director cannot explicitly show the audience they really died. Though he might wanted to make a happy ending, but we'll never know if he really wanted to make a sad ending since it cannot be aired.
Thanks for the infos Calib. I'm now sure that they have added these extra scenes to create purposely plot holes and have more impact and weight, but as Oberon said i'm surely do not intend to watch this serie again in the future with this kind of "open-ending". Moreover i will read the last volume of the manga and the novel if someone translate it like fate/stay night.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:36   Link #2030
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-22, 20:52   Link #2031
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
The underwater trees at 15:10-15:30 plus the sunrise screen really hint that they actually died and went to a world far away, alone. Sad end for me.
Regardless twincest end is epic anyway.
underwater trees + the sunrise?..
check that part in the OP theme, at sunrise they in the shore, at the same time the light from above in underwater (see OP) their bodies are there...

it seems it got a clear message to me..

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 22:18   Link #2032
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa Maneira View Post
underwater trees + the sunrise?..
check that part in the OP theme, at sunrise they in the shore, at the same time the light from above in underwater (see OP) their bodies are there...

it seems it got a clear message to me..
It's not the sun in the OP.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 00:45   Link #2033
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I'll finish reading the thread and edit my thoughts after, but something of interest to some anyways, Sora's lovely version of the Fandisk opening song, or so I've been told it's from that , Taguchi Hiroko can sing quite well it seems .
Spoiler for Haruka no Sora OP song:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 01:05   Link #2034
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Why is it so hard to accept the ambiguity of the final episode

The point was that they chose to be together, either dead or alive, but marginalized and forced to the fringes of society (again in either case). Concentrating in something trivial, like drowned/not drowned, makes me think that the main point of the arc (love against social acceptance) is completely missed.

This is similar to rape/not rape raves in Nao arc, that completely miss the main point, her regret and how it plays out.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 02:51   Link #2035
English Otaku
Keima's deciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

The point was that they chose to be together, either dead or alive, but marginalized and forced to the fringes of society (again in either case). Concentrating in something trivial, like drowned/not drowned, makes me think that the main point of the arc (love against social acceptance) is completely missed.

This is similar to rape/not rape raves in Nao arc, that completely miss the main point, her regret and how it plays out.
I hear you one hundred percent so many people want to analyze and critique that they forget how to enjoy, I think they've seen too much death note.
English Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 04:39   Link #2036
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Otaku View Post
I hear you one hundred percent so many people want to analyze and critique that they forget how to enjoy, I think they've seen too much death note.
For some people, analyzing and critiquing are part of the enjoyment. I personally enjoy a show more if it gives me something to think about, which this show does in spades.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 04:41   Link #2037
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'll finish reading the thread and edit my thoughts after, but something of interest to some anyways, Sora's lovely version of the Fandisk opening song, or so I've been told it's from that , Taguchi Hiroko can sing quite well it seems
Oh, they made fandisk too, what's this? An add-on with more routes or an spin-off like fate-ataraxia?

Quote:
I see but even this anime is a great adaption there is people that don't like ambiguous ending. I'm a bit upset that they derail the plot only in the last episode of the final arc on purpose, but well is me.
Also i guess is normal that people speculate, wasn't it the purpose of this ending change?
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 04:58   Link #2038
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Favouring one interpretation over the other doesn't mean we miss the point. Whether or not they lived is hardly what I'd consider something trivial. I want them to live because it sends a more positive message: they will do whatever they can to remain together and won't let society's views crush them. "The fight has just begun", as Nao said.

If they died, it makes the ending tragic. Sure, you can comfort yourself by saying they're together in heaven now, but the idea that they could only find happiness in death is incredibly sad to me. No one should have to die to be happy.

For those who wanted to know: yes, Kazuha's sex scene is uncensored in the BDs. There's nipple sucking and all.
Old 2010-12-23, 05:17   Link #2039
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Oh, they made fandisk too, what's this? An add-on with more routes or an spin-off like fate-ataraxia?
Haruka na Sora. Fan-disk/add-on that features Kozue, the candy shop owner(forgot her name?) and extra scenarios of Sora.

Quote:

Goes to show death is a sensitive issue in an ambiguous ending after all. But I too would think that it's a happy end, as whether they're dead or not, they're still together. This isn't like Code Geass, where Lelouch's death has more impact, is really tragic and can't be gotten over...

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 05:50   Link #2040
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

My views:

If you want to take a positive view on the ending, you could interpret it as that Sora and Haru did survive, and lived a happy life for many years until they grew old together and died. The train scene then is the two's 'stairway to heaven' after they grew old and died and tells us that even the higher beings would accept their love for each other, regardless of laws, societal views etc., and so the message is that Haru and Sora will be together all their life, and all their afterlife. People all die someday, and the viewers feels good to know that Haru and Sora won't be judged for their actions when they eventually hit the bucket.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation