AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 01:21   Link #161
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Strange, I just looked it up and the studio behind it is Sunrise. :\

Well at least Deen produced Diamond Daydreams and Maria Watches Over Us before they became crap. Except now I just realized MWOU is still on-going and Deen still has it under their name.

I hate this desu...

More seriously, I want to ask:
If nobody ever knew what studio produced what anime, but were aware of a studio being behind each one, how would they know what studio to put each show under?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 01:24   Link #162
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post

Well at least Deen produced Diamond Daydreams and Maria Watches Over Us before they became crap. Except now I just realized MWOU is still on-going and Deen still has it under their name.

I hate this desu...

If nobody ever knew what studio produced what anime, but were aware of a studio being behind each one, how would they know what studio to put each show under?
Low budget, associated with a popular VN, LN, or Manga , completely butchered.

It's either JC staff or Deen.

LN ---> JC though

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 01:33   Link #163
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

I hate this desu...

well most of Deen employee is former Sunrise employee so maybe it same team that making that

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 01:41   Link #164
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well most of Deen employee is former Sunrise employee so maybe it same team that making that
Now that you mention it, there's also word that Deen may have had a hand in Cowboy Bebop...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Low budget, associated with a popular VN, LN, or Manga , completely butchered.

It's either JC staff or Deen.

LN ---> JC though
But the traits of those shows only became apparent after the fact, and what I'm referring to is if that history never existed. However, as these threads will usually be about the studio's overall performance, I guess it was just a random question on my part.

I'm still worried about MWOU, though.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-09-06, 11:50   Link #165
4Tran

Quote:

Is Marimite still ongoing? I thought that Season 4 was the last of the anime productions. Do you have any newer news?

Quote:
They'd do so by tracking the staff who work on each production and seeing what other shows they had done. This is probably a more reliable method of record keeping than just going by studio anyways.

Heck, Deen itself has had a pretty good pedigree of decent-great shows. It's just that the people who made those shows haven't been working on most of the recent anime.
Old 2011-09-06, 14:22   Link #166
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Is Marimite still ongoing? I thought that Season 4 was the last of the anime productions. Do you have any newer news?
Well, last I checked there's still more LNs to cover and the ending to the 4th season wasn't exactly a concrete conclusion. So I meant on-going in terms of the light novels and really, if the anime has enough success to warrant four seasons, a 5th one is inevitable at this point.
Quote:
*explanation*

Heck, Deen itself has had a pretty good pedigree of decent-great shows. It's just that the people who made those shows haven't been working on most of the recent anime.
Yeah that makes sense I guess. But then it begs someone to ask where are are they now?
Spoiler for sarcasm:
GANBARIMASU
Old 2011-09-06, 15:04   Link #167
4Tran

Quote:
Well, last I checked there's still more LNs to cover and the ending to the 4th season wasn't exactly a concrete conclusion. So I meant on-going in terms of the light novels and really, if the anime has enough success to warrant four seasons, a 5th one is inevitable at this point.
I don't know. If I recall correctly, they moved a lot of the sidestories into the endpieces of the Season 4 episodes, so it really felt like they were trying to wrap things up. Moreover, the finale was the most fitting as an endpoint of all the seasons. It also seems as if there isn't a whole lot of conflict left to dwell on.
Old 2011-09-06, 15:05   Link #168
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

I hate this desu...

Yes Raideen was the first anime ever produced by Sunrise and unless I'm mistaken the first original mecha anime ever made. I had no idea that Deen's name came from that, but it kind of makes sense even if it makes me kind of sad to know.

Thing is Raideen is actually pretty own IMO. It's extremely old (1975), but looks fantastic compared to it's contemporary anime and had one of the first sympathetic villains ever in Charkin. Lot of history behind that show.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 16:50   Link #169
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yes Raideen was the first anime ever produced by Sunrise and unless I'm mistaken the first original mecha anime ever made. I had no idea that Deen's name came from that, but it kind of makes sense even if it makes me kind of sad to know.

Thing is Raideen is actually pretty own IMO. It's extremely old (1975), but looks fantastic compared to it's contemporary anime and had one of the first sympathetic villains ever in Charkin. Lot of history behind that show.
To fill in a few details:

Raideen was the first major production succes of Sunrise although they had produced Hazedon (1972) and Zero Tester (1973) before. Raideen is a classic as it was the first mecha show to feature a transforming robot. It's also known for featuring the first mecha with a mythological origin (which later inspired Rahxephon).

Tetsujin 28 (1963-1966) is generally regarded as the first mecha. Though some consider it to be Mazinger Z (1972-1974) which was the first mecha to have a pilot in a cockpit rather than Tetsujin's remote control.

Studio Deen was founded by Hiroshi Hasegawa and Takeshi Mochida during the production of Brave Raideen. They worked on animation finishing and named their newly founded studio after the project.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 00:38   Link #170
Akito Kinomoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I don't know. If I recall correctly, they moved a lot of the sidestories into the endpieces of the Season 4 episodes, so it really felt like they were trying to wrap things up. Moreover, the finale was the most fitting as an endpoint of all the seasons. It also seems as if there isn't a whole lot of conflict left to dwell on.
Spoiler for Maria Watches Over Us 4th season, just in case:
GANBARIMASU
Old 2012-03-12, 04:23   Link #171
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I watched some of DEEN's works and it looks from good to below average. Sometimes, they butcher the original works (like Samurai Deeper Kyo) in terms of story, but usually they adapt properly to a certain extent (even though they cut some of the scenes based on source materials, giving that most of DEEN works are adaptations). I barely remember any original anime made by DEEN, but I have a question :

Why DEEN is overhated ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 06:28   Link #172
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well mainly because they "ruin" adaptation. IMO they OK studio in my eye anyway.

anyway while this is bumped

do you know that they make vacaloid now

http://www.vocaloidism.com/2011/08/1...for-vocaloid3/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 07:18   Link #173
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
As someone who only sticks to anime and don't care about "faithfulness" I would say production values are the problem. Many people pointed out QUALITY in Umineko and Higurashi. The UBW movie wasn't even that great looking for a movie; even the tv series Fate/Zero would beat it in places.

And even considering the 6 year gap, Fate/Stay Night looks like ass compared to Fate/Zero. It's literally Gods and peasants.

They've once had a place with ecchi comedy like Amaenaideyo, but it seems like even those days might have passed.

One thing I'll say is that it seems to have gotten worse since Umineko.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:05   Link #174
Akito Kinomoto

I think Deen's downfall has more to do with how its handled the writing for its projects. Higurashi's presentation quality wasn't too far removed from Umineko's lack thereof craftsmanship but at least the former had coherency.

I'm really worried about Marimite now.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2012-03-28, 02:18   Link #175
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I picked up Fruit's Basket DVD's after all these years and now have discovered how cheap this series really is. They've always been low quality... Fuck u DEEN.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 04:45   Link #176
Westlo
Lets be reality

As of right now, DEEN > GAINAX

DEEN is back baby!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 07:09   Link #177
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As of right now, DEEN > GAINAX

DEEN is back baby!
Also, Deen starts to make imitating the Shaft style in a certain current anime !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 08:39   Link #178
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Sankarea was nice,no idea how a shaft staff member ended up directing something for deen but I'll take it!
Old 2012-04-07, 12:23   Link #179
brocko

So Sankarea is what's hot now? Can I jump on the bandwagon too pls?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:19   Link #180
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I picked up Fruit's Basket DVD's after all these years and now have discovered how cheap this series really is. They've always been low quality... Fuck u DEEN.
Awww I love the Fruits Basket anime. It is one of my early favorites.

Tags
studios