AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 22:22   Link #861
M3llo
munch munch

that sux. I guess it will take ages but i have like no other games to play anyways so whatever.
thanks for the link
M3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 23:47   Link #862
NeverKnewINeeded

Clannad Visual Novel Ported to PS Vita This Summer

Quote:
The Japanese game company Prototype announced on Monday that it will release a PlayStation Vita version of the Clannad software this summer. The retail package version will cost 4,800 yen (about US$48, plus tax), while the download version will cost 4,300 yen (US$43, tax included).

This port will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the original Clannad PC visual novel. It will have enhanced 960x544 graphics and use the PS Vita's touchscreen interface. It will also support the PlayStation Vita TV system.

Under a discount campaign, owners of the PSP version can download the PS Vita version at a special price of 1,500 yen (US$15).

The 4Gamer website posted more images of the new version.

The visual novel has already been ported to PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP, Xbox 360, and phones. The franchise also inspired an anime movie and two television anime series.

Source: 4Gamer via Gematsu, Hachima Kikō
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 01:42   Link #863
NeverKnewINeeded

Yes, it's happening: Clannad is coming to Steam!

Quote:
During its panel held at this weekend's Japan Expo USA, Sekai Project have announced plans to release the Key developed Clannad visual novel on Steam in the future. The version of the game announced will be the Full Voice edition of the game, which will feature voice acting for the complete game. The game is better known for being one of the most popular visual novels, owing to its emotionally gripping storylines and lack of sexual content. The game was also adapted into multiple anime adaptations, with Sentai Filmworks releasing both TV series and their respective OVAs on home video.
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:31   Link #864
Dextro
He Without a Title

Great timing. My copy for the Vita is in the mail right now coming my way. Oh well, guess I'll have to double dip

Also I just noticed another reason why Clannad resonated so much with me: like Nagisa I also had to repeat my final high school year with mostly everyone I knew gone. For some reason I never noticed this until now.
Old 2014-08-25, 22:35   Link #865
cyberdemon

I put in a request to have the thread moved over to the gaming forum. No point keeping it in a retired sub forum with news like this. I a really looking forward to this.
Old 2014-08-25, 23:17   Link #866
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Annddd...moved.

There is a permanent re-direct link in the Clannad subforum for this thread for this familiar with it being there.

For now we will see how things go with the thread and recent news, etc.
Old 2014-11-10, 18:05   Link #867
Mr Nr

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nglish-release

Even though not many are seeing this forum I'll still post here anyway. The Kickstarter has now started for an even longer stretch amount of time of 59 days (60 including today). I'm guessing they are doing that given they will have another Kickstarter (of Grisaia Trilogy) and also Christmas is around the corner. Still given that this is getting ridiculously fast funding just now half funded. I'm going to back once the other Kickstarter starts and figure out then. Even though I haven't seen the anime nor read Clannad I'm really excited for this.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 19:10   Link #868
MCAL

(Looks at the amount funded)

Well now. They hardly needed 60 days now did they?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 19:20   Link #869
Mr Nr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
(Looks at the amount funded)

Well now. They hardly needed 60 days now did they?
Hell if it continues like this they might as well have ALL the Key visual novels as stretch goals.
Old 2014-11-10, 23:02   Link #870
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well looks like things will turn out well there .

Now I can just look forward to it ending up on steam and picking it up on some holiday sale .
Old 2014-11-11, 03:37   Link #871
Mr Nr

And it is funded within 13 hours. It hasn't even been a day and yet it's $141,905 of the $140,000 goal . Wow well they might truly bring all Key visual novels if this continues like this but who knows.

Last edited by Mr Nr; 2014-11-11 at 03:59.
Old 2014-11-11, 04:01   Link #872
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Is 140k enough of a budget? Thought they'll need a fair bit more.
Old 2014-11-11, 04:08   Link #873
Mr Nr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Is 140k enough of a budget? Thought they'll need a fair bit more.
Nah the coasting is as such

10% goes to Kickstarter fees and credit card fees
40% goes to translation and editing costs
50% goes to voice costs as well as physical goods production and shipping.

So really when you think about it it might be pricy but that's mostly due to the voice coasts which is quite pricey and has high profile actors such as Mai Nakahara. That's why Planetarian was able to go directly to steam since the voice coast on that was low compare to this visual novel.
Old 2014-11-11, 10:32   Link #874
cyberdemon

Geez already long past the goal before I even realized it had started lol
Old 2014-11-11, 11:44   Link #875
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So it's funded within one day....

WITHIN ONE DAY!!!!

They should have overstretched goal then. Maybe translation of After Story as well. And come on, write Kyou after story already!!

Edit: what's a golden egg goose. Surprised that no one has tapped on this yet. And honestly it's not hard to check out the popularity of Japanese media on the West to choose which to translate. They just need to stick to the fan base really

Edit 2: the only thing that could go wrong now, is if they do not do a proper job with the translation. That could kill the momentum fast

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-11-11 at 12:02.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 14:51   Link #876
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So it's funded within one day....

WITHIN ONE DAY!!!!

They should have overstretched goal then. Maybe translation of After Story as well. And come on, write Kyou after story already!!

Edit: what's a golden egg goose. Surprised that no one has tapped on this yet. And honestly it's not hard to check out the popularity of Japanese media on the West to choose which to translate. They just need to stick to the fan base really

Edit 2: the only thing that could go wrong now, is if they do not do a proper job with the translation. That could kill the momentum fast
After Story is part of the game. Maybe you meant Tomoyo After?
Old 2014-11-11, 18:03   Link #877
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Almost every other company doing visual novel translation has tried to license Key works at some point, but none had any success until Sekai Project. Apparently Key is very careful about licensing their works, and rumor has it they once asked USD $1,000,000 for the license to Kanon.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 00:11   Link #878
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Holy crap lol. It took them one day to fund it... just wow. I'm excited for this. I don't play VN's... and I don't play PC games... and I don't really use STEAM much... but... it's Clannad with Japanese voice acting, so I'm super excited about this.

They should have asked for more lol... just wow.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 06:27   Link #879
Jaden

I don't think you'll need to use Steam for anything beyond buying and installing it. At least that's the case with their Planetarian release, it has no DRM.

That's an impressive kickstarter though!! If I was a popular VN studio, I'd be thinking damn, if we only hired a few translators we could be raking in the dough instead of these meager licensing fees!

I sorta understand their reluctance, because how is a Japanese writer with their high school English going to assess how their work should even be translated, or whether an applicant is even capable of translating?
Old 2014-12-04, 08:20   Link #880
Berserkguard

Thumbs up Clannad Kickstarter Updates

Lots of updates on the Kickstarter campaign - Sekai Project recently announced the stretch goals!

We're at just over $275,000 now, meaning we've already unlocked the HD Assets ($200,000 stretch goal) from the PS3 port.

Here are the upcoming stretch goals:
  • At $320,000 we get the side story (Hikari Mimamoru Sakamichi de) games translated.
  • At $380,000 we get a brand new Clannad anthology manga illustrated by ZEN and Juri Misaki. ZEN does character designs for Key/VisualArt's and Juri Misaki illustrated the 8-volume Clannad manga published by Jive.

We've got just 36 days to go, I really hope we can make the stretch goals. And who knows, if it all goes well, I'm sure other Key/VisualArt's works will be next! If you know someone who enjoys Clannad, tell them about the campaign!

Also, just a heads-up: I am an admin for the Clannad Steam group, so if you use Steam, make sure you join! We're active! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/clannad

Tags
bishoujo, key, pc game, ps2, romance, school life, xbox 360