AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-11, 01:47   Link #281
Scorpio3.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Of course he said he likes it! If it does well, it will help him make money. If he publicly said that he hated them taking such dramatic liberties with his work, it could only hurt sales.
Actually, IIRC Akamatsu openly said that he didnt like how the first series was done pretty early on into broadcast. I also believe Akamatsu expressed some displeasure with certain aspects of the Love Hina anime too.

I know a lot of authors who wont hesitate to bad mouth bad adaptations of their work. Alan Moore is a very nice example, he is usually the most vocal about his dislike for movie adaptations messing with his work. Not all authors are all about the money
Scorpio3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 01:48   Link #282
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
We were trying to figure out if it was from some kind of reference. But I thought that since she did like spells and charms and things like that to make Takahata-sensei to like her, then maybe it's that. Well...either that she just fell in the closet like I do and put on whatever
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 01:51   Link #283
Myriel DesTorrents
Tamama Impact

I watched the first episode, it is true that drawings are very good. They seems to present the students right ahead: good idea. But I can't wait more about Asuna, because she's not a "strong" character after the first episode.

Myriel
Myriel DesTorrents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 07:12   Link #284
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
he character styles I'm more sanguine about... much like fan art sometimes takes a character and renders them in that artist's style -- the good stuff you can still immediately tell who the character is.
& so far that's working for Negima!? Hmm, it'll be pretty interesting if the new show uses some of the original manga stories, say like the trip to Kyoto - or one i know i wouldn't mind seeing been done (and works out with what the new series wants to show) the battle tournament. :3
Old 2006-10-11, 08:09   Link #285
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Watching episode 2 now.

Wow, trippy opening animation. I like, though. Then again, I'm a fan of Pani Poni Dash.

Also:

Spoiler for Not quite spoilery screenshot:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 08:47   Link #286
Scorpio3.14

Damn I love the magic and action sequences in Negima!? After seeing episode 2 I really really hope they animate the Mahora Tournament, that would be extremely badass. That and introduce Kotarou

Over all another really good episode IMO. Lets hope Shaft can keep it up
Scorpio3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 09:35   Link #287
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Talk about phenomenal animation! Me likes. ^_^
Old 2006-10-11, 09:41   Link #288
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
The OP involving mountains of desks was amazing. o_O Not having the vocalists sing half of the song was a fresh take on the usual chipper OP themes, and I liked it. ^_^

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 11:48   Link #289
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 12:01   Link #290
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, the second episode was just what i wanted to see. We got some great character development already (Nodoka is already shinning for me <3), and some pretty interesting Eva' fun-fun. Not a bad OP & ED as well.. shall talk a bit more about them once i see this episode subbed.

As for the lil' baka rangers endings.. i'm seriously loving them. Such a great lil' add-on for the show. :3
Old 2006-10-11, 12:26   Link #291
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh... Chach cheesecake moments

Director Shinbo is really keen on getting eyes and facial expressions to convey the mood. I am *really* liking how this is going so far, re-interpretation and all.

Now I'm am very much hoping they'll do the Kyoto arc properly (even if it is a re-interp it'd make a great action finale for the first season).
Old 2006-10-11, 12:30   Link #292
Karnot
Banned

Am i the only one not liking this, and noticing the mostly lacking animation ? Eh ?
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 12:55   Link #293
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Am i the only one not liking this, and noticing the mostly lacking animation ? Eh ?
Lacking animation? It's only shining for me. I'm not one to pay too much attention to this, but I really have yet to see something wrong. Add a lot of colors to that, and it makes one of the prettiest shows of the season imo.

Anyway, after seeing episode 2, I'm just as blown away as I was last week. The OP is just so stylish (that was to be expected, after PPD), and original with the singing replaced by spoken lines. Setsuna's line sounds awesome when she's facing Konoka <3

Spoiler for ep2:

Yeah, adding Baka Rangers in the end is a smart move - they maybe should fully explain the thing to people who are new to the series though. I still wonder if these people feel lost, or if they can keep up and think it's not too rushed.
Old 2006-10-11, 12:58   Link #294
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
I don't know, I think the animation is pretty well-done.

It's not KyoAni quality, of course, and the direction takes some getting used to. But I find that it really fits whatever mood it's trying to convey in each scene.

Maybe it's just personal taste.
Old 2006-10-11, 13:03   Link #295
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-11, 13:14   Link #296
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
/watches new OP sequence

Oh man......such awesomeness......./drools some more
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 14:13   Link #297
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I don't know, I think the animation is pretty well-done.
Oh, come on, the class introduction scene is practically a STILL !
No movement for several minutes.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 14:37   Link #298
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Oh, come on, the class introduction scene is practically a STILL !
No movement for several minutes.
ANN is listing this series to have 26 episodes which could explain why Shaft isn't going all out on the animation starting from episode 1. They are preserving their capital/labor/ and few other significant things that contribute to a good consistent animation. Even KyoAni has shown signs of restraint in the first episodes of Kanon when it comes to animation, probably because of the fact that series is also 26 episodes long while most of their other projects were within 12-14 episodes long. At least, that is my take on the animation factor anyway! That said, the animation in the first episode of Negima was pretty stylish.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 15:22   Link #299
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Lacking animation? It's only shining for me. I'm not one to pay too much attention to this, but I really have yet to see something wrong. Add a lot of colors to that, and it makes one of the prettiest shows of the season imo.

Anyway, after seeing episode 2, I'm just as blown away as I was last week. The OP is just so stylish (that was to be expected, after PPD), and original with the singing replaced by spoken lines. Setsuna's line sounds awesome when she's facing Konoka <3
I wholehearted agree. The animation is one of the best parts, better than most other shows airing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
ANN is listing this series to have 26 episodes
I'm not saying that ANN is wrong, but I'd love to see them start referencing where they get their information. I personally haven't seen any official mention of series length.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 15:47   Link #300
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
/watches new OP sequence

Oh man......such awesomeness......./drools some more
Just what the hell is this OP style, super non-sense you see, but you get the impact quick enough by the weirdness.......
Shibou yet raise 1 step above PaniPoni Dash! OP madness.

Did he took crack when creating this awesome OP?!?!?!
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote