AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 19:07   Link #181
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^Itachi is even worse. I miss the Itachi whose kicks sent people flying 50ft and who would screw you over with an exploding kage bunshin if you blinked.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 20:10   Link #182
DarthDestroiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
^Itachi is even worse. I miss the Itachi whose kicks sent people flying 50ft and who would screw you over with an exploding kage bunshin if you blinked.
He was such a badass...
But its just me or does nobody wanted to see Itachi girlfriend (Tobi said he killed her too) on a flashback or something... They should make a "Itachi special" since he was a kid, when he was on ANBU, the relationship he had with other people etc he could have been hokage in my mind, we dont know much of Itachi.
DarthDestroiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 21:21   Link #183
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDestroiar View Post
He was such a badass...
But its just me or does nobody wanted to see Itachi girlfriend (Tobi said he killed her too) on a flashback or something... They should make a "Itachi special" since he was a kid, when he was on ANBU, the relationship he had with other people etc he could have been hokage in my mind, we dont know much of Itachi.
its konan IIRC
Old 2012-03-23, 23:36   Link #184
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Has anyone noticed how often the manga and anime chapters match up in terms of character appearances? In the anime, this week was Kabuto's capture of Yamato. Back when they figured out that Pain had multiple bodies, the battle against the woman who had multiple bodies from the Sora arc took place. Kisame had a parallel appearance in both mediums at the same time too. Just an interesting observation.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 00:34   Link #185
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suika-Esper View Post
Has anyone noticed how often the manga and anime chapters match up in terms of character appearances? In the anime, this week was Kabuto's capture of Yamato. Back when they figured out that Pain had multiple bodies, the battle against the woman who had multiple bodies from the Sora arc took place. Kisame had a parallel appearance in both mediums at the same time too. Just an interesting observation.
yes, I'm totally with you on this. either they're planning things that way to keep characters relevant in both timelines at once, or it's a hell of a coincidence that's happened too many times for me to list.

on another note, to all people who read the japanese version of the manga, or just can read japanese, are they REALLY saying 'dr. snakes' or is that just a bad translation? my ignorant assumption is that itachi and kabuto were saying hebi sensei which would make more sense as snake master or master of snakes or something to that effect. but if he's saying hebi isha then i guess it would be doctor snakes...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:17   Link #186
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Who cares? Doctor Snakes is awesome.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 07:05   Link #187
lucasd

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yes, I'm totally with you on this. either they're planning things that way to keep characters relevant in both timelines at once, or it's a hell of a coincidence that's happened too many times for me to list.

on another note, to all people who read the japanese version of the manga, or just can read japanese, are they REALLY saying 'dr. snakes' or is that just a bad translation? my ignorant assumption is that itachi and kabuto were saying hebi sensei which would make more sense as snake master or master of snakes or something to that effect. but if he's saying hebi isha then i guess it would be doctor snakes...
Yours translation is a bad one, japanese don't use doctor as european does. So probably he says something along the lines of sensei. Hence better direct translation would be teacher snake, but as you see it still is a bad english, thus Dr. (or Prof.) snakes is a best one...
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 08:16   Link #188
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
"Sage of the Six Paths"

Sound like he has a sage mode, and if it's six paths then I figure that means: frog mode, dragon mode, etc.
He's called that because the Rinnegan gives you power over the Six Paths (of Pain).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can not believe that crack theory of Karin being an Uzumaki turned out to be right. It's like Kishimoto saw the theory and just went "Sure why not?"...
Aye, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drulo View Post
I would really like to see Sasuke use other techniques aside from Susanoo and Amaterasu. I lliked him a lot before when he was a lot more flexible in terms of his jutsu, it made him look very skillful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yes, I find the above point especially true for Sasuke--I used to awe at his masterful control over Chidori's variations.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:25   Link #189
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I totally understand what you mean but... He didn't have Susanoo then........

Yeah that's pretty much the reason. It sounds weak but that's probably the reason.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:43   Link #190
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasd View Post
Yours translation is a bad one, japanese don't use doctor as european does. So probably he says something along the lines of sensei. Hence better direct translation would be teacher snake, but as you see it still is a bad english, thus Dr. (or Prof.) snakes is a best one...
its not a translation... i am wondering what the actual japanese words are since i said i don't know... and i guess i am still wondering since your post sounds like speculation as well
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 10:22   Link #191
23 gundam fan

Quote:
I would really like to see Sasuke use other techniques aside from Susanoo and Amaterasu. I lliked him a lot before when he was a lot more flexible in terms of his jutsu, it made him look very skillful.
i really tend to agree with you about sasuke. i would like too see him mix it up with his taijustu more. but you have to look at the people he is fighting. the majority of his fights nowadays, are the type of people that are so powerful(kagas and such) that sasuke cant affort not to go right into susanno for defense and amaterasu for offense just to have a chance to win those battles. i have to look at it more with logic than what i would like too see. but i understand where you are comeing from.
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:29   Link #192
DarthDestroiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
its konan IIRC
Are you serious?
Old 2012-03-24, 13:00   Link #193
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ Konan was Yahiko's girl and is almost 20 years older than Itachi. I always found it funny that Itachi had a girl at 13, while the 16 year old boys in Naruto still treat girls like they have cooties.

Quote:
You won't see that until his fight with Naruto.

When you have characters fight a lot, like Sasuke and Naruto have done throughout Shippuden, fans are going to get tired of seeing the same technique used or fighting style. Itachi hasn't been immune to this either. And I know I read some fans were getting sick of seeing Gaara and his sand during the war. The easy way to alleviate this is to focus on the other 8,000 characters who can fight in your manga to bring some variety. But Kishimoto didn't go that way.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:16   Link #194
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder when Kabuto had the time to learn a sage mode. There wasn't much time since Oro's death.

But what I'm more interessted in is: Now that he came out, he has his eyes open again and should be a good target for the Sharingan. So does Sage-mode prevent beeing trapped in Genjutsu?
I'm not sure if sage mode prevents genjutsu, it may, but the Snakes attached to Kabuto definately do.
Itachi pointed out in the chapter that because of them, Genjutsu is not an option.

On another note, I wonder to what degree Kabuto has mastered sage mode. He has grown horns, which indicates that he doesn't control it perfectly yet, unlike Naruto. Remember when Naruto's body was reshaping to resemble a frog when he was still learning the technique? The same thing may be happening to an extent now with Kabuto, just that he's turning into a dragon. However, since he learned sage mode from snakes, shouldn't he be turning into a snake instead? And if that is the case, and the horns have no negative effect at all, why doesn't Naruto grow anything? Well maybe, the horns have nothing to do with sage mode at all and are just pure decoration on Kabuto's part. He's known to be able to mess with dna.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:22   Link #195
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I'm not sure if sage mode prevents genjutsu, it may, but the Snakes attached to Kabuto definately do.
Itachi pointed out in the chapter that because of them, Genjutsu is not an option.
At the start of the fight Kabuto avoided eye contact with the Uchiha bros so genjutsu probably will affect him if he looked at Itachi or Sasuke's eyes but sage mode may give him some genjutsu resistance.

The snakes aren't directly stopping the Uchiha bros genjutsu as far as we know they are just helping Kabuto see according to Sasuke.

The end of this fight may decide if Sasuke will join Naruto's side or continue to fight Naruto's side depending on if Itachi can answer Sasuke's questions before the edo tensei is canceled.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-03-24 at 13:43.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 13:36   Link #196
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Oh you're right. I thought Sasuke was refering to the snakes.
But why is there a panel solely showing the snakes. Does he see through them? Maybe there's no deeper meaning behind it.
Old 2012-03-24, 14:22   Link #197
Shining Celebi
a

I am pretty sure Kabuto's Sage Mode is perfect, since the chapter says that about a jillion times. I think the dragon features are just the sign of that - a perfect snake sage becomes a dragon.

I wonder if the Sage of the Six Paths had this power or something similar to it, maybe that explains the "horns" in his hair. We also know that Kabuto wants to become like the Sage of the Six Paths, so maybe this is why he and Orochimaru were so interested in it.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 14:37   Link #198
DarthDestroiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
^ Konan was Yahiko's girl and is almost 20 years older than Itachi. I always found it funny that Itachi had a girl at 13, while the 16 year old boys in Naruto still treat girls like they have cooties.
Oh well Itachi was always "mature" compared to other guys in naruto.
Old 2012-03-24, 16:13   Link #199
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Itachi had a girlfriend wait what?
Old 2012-03-24, 17:17   Link #200
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Itachi grew up in war time. Either he got them young or risked dying a virgin.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion