AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-01-10, 21:53   Link #8221
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

lol I still have that picture on my computer. Some people were panicking but I loved it. Will be interesting to see how our war room looks this year.

I still don't think waiting until next year, especially since there's no guarantee any of those guys other than Petty, who will be in his senior year, will be coming out. Jameis in particular I think has a good chance of staying because of baseball. And overall I'm just not impressed with most of them to seriously say waiting is a good idea. Even Winston has a lot of work to do, to be honest with you. He's not better than Bridgewater or Manziel right now in my book. And in general having another year with Henne and/or Gabbert as the starter with no clear answer is unacceptable, they've had three years to prove themselves and all they've done is disappoint, or in Henne's case be enough not to lose games sometimes. Every year people say the next QB class will be deeper and better and every year guys stay or get hurt. I like Clowney enough, but if Manziel or Bridgewater is there you don't hesitate to take them.
Old 2014-01-10, 22:02   Link #8222
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
lol I still have that picture on my computer. Some people were panicking but I loved it. Will be interesting to see how our war room looks this year.

I still don't think waiting until next year, especially since there's no guarantee any of those guys other than Petty, who will be in his senior year, will be coming out. Jameis in particular I think has a good chance of staying because of baseball. And overall I'm just not impressed with most of them to seriously say waiting is a good idea. Even Winston has a lot of work to do, to be honest with you. He's not better than Bridgewater or Manziel right now in my book. And in general having another year with Henne and/or Gabbert as the starter with no clear answer is unacceptable, they've had three years to prove themselves and all they've done is disappoint, or in Henne's case be enough not to lose games sometimes. Every year people say the next QB class will be deeper and better and every year guys stay or get hurt. I like Clowney enough, but if Manziel or Bridgewater is there you don't hesitate to take them.
Its a matter of opinion. The reason being why I like the Quarterbacks in the next year's draft is that the entire NCAAF will change. These Quarterbacks now are not better than Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel however I think next year that could change.

If Caldwell doesn't pick a Quarterback in the first round than it is assumed that he likes next year. I cannot agree with his decision making and I am sure you wouldn't disagree either.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 22:51   Link #8223
Yye1
Wide Right

In my opinion, a team should only draft Manziel if they have a competent O-Line, as he wont last if he gets repeatedly hit by NFL defenders.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 23:21   Link #8224
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
In my opinion, a team should only draft Manziel if they have a competent O-Line, as he wont last if he gets repeatedly hit by NFL defenders.
I concur. Its one of my biggest reasons why I am hesitant to draft Manziel. The Jaguars' offensive line is a big mess in the middle. The tackle positions on both sides are very good. Austin Pasztor is a great RT and Luke Joeckal there is nothing to be said about how good he is. Bradfield brings a lot of depth for both side of the tackle position since he plays both positions. I like our bookends for the offensive line.

However, the interior offensive line is the problem. Rackely is cheap, so he could be used to bring depth for our future guards. The center needs to be replace. There is no depth in the interior offensive line. If we do not fix the offensive line, we should not draft Manziel.
Old 2014-01-11, 17:44   Link #8225
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Its a matter of opinion. The reason being why I like the Quarterbacks in the next year's draft is that the entire NCAAF will change. These Quarterbacks now are not better than Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel however I think next year that could change.

If Caldwell doesn't pick a Quarterback in the first round than it is assumed that he likes next year. I cannot agree with his decision making and I am sure you wouldn't disagree either.
There's also no guarantee we will be in position to draft any of those guys. If they come out, they will all likely be top 5 or at least top 8 guys, good chance we'd have to go 4-12 again which means there was no improvement at all. And I never like the idea of trading up for QBs. Too expensive for something that has a 50/50 chance of busting. Never safe starting a rookie QB in the NFL, you never know what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
I like the fact we have his old LT from his freshman year at TAMU.
Old 2014-01-11, 19:31   Link #8226
sky black swordman

This game is just about over after that TD run (Seahawks 23 Saints 8)!
Old 2014-01-11, 19:32   Link #8227
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Good game between Seattle and NO, but 2 minutes to go? I think that's too big of a order for NO to overcome.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 19:42   Link #8228
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
This game is just about over after that TD run (Seahawks 23 Saints 8)!
Not yet! Saints recover onside kick, down by 8, 26 seconds left.

Ha, Saints screw themselves on a stupid penalty, lose their chance at a hail mary, and lose.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 19:44   Link #8229
sky black swordman

And it's over Seahawks win 23-15!
And what a way for the Saints to end playoff run.
Old 2014-01-11, 19:45   Link #8230
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

NO put up a good fight.
Old 2014-01-11, 19:57   Link #8231
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It was a good game, guess the superstition of the Saints not being able to play in weather will continue after this. I hope the whole team get Popeyes after this game.
Old 2014-01-11, 20:06   Link #8232
Samari
World's Greatest

Thanks for nothing New Orleans. Couldn't do shit all day. Their defense actually showed up, but the offense was complete doo doo most of the game. It was just screen after screen after screen after screen. As if it was going to eventually work. It's almost like you have to cross New Orleans out of the Super Bowl if they have to play on the road to get there. Just a completely different team.

Oh and what the hell was this Colston?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 20:16   Link #8233
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

a passer he is not lol, but I'm wondering if that was the actual play called o_o but...it's bad either way lol

debating whether or not I care about Pats vs. Colts

edit: I don't understand why Graham was rarely used when he was their biggest play maker this year. 1 out of like 5 passes for 8 yards is horrendous. I doubt Graham's trash talking in the pre-game was the reason...because it's fucking dumb to punish your biggest threat for something like that =\

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2014-01-11 at 23:03.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:25   Link #8234
sky black swordman

And it's over! The Patriots are going to the AFC championship.
This time Luck could not do anything to make up for those picks he threw and he ends the game with one last INT. 4 INTs for Luck today, a career high.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:28   Link #8235
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Very happy with the results. The Colts been one of the few teams I truly dislikes.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:30   Link #8236
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So apparently New England like to run.
Old 2014-01-12, 00:18   Link #8237
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah our season came to an end...It wasn't pretty and our defense played an absolutely incredible game despite what the rushing numbers for Lynch might suggest...

This was all on the offense and to a lesser extend the special teams...This game was to be had in the first quarter and for stretches of this game we outplayed the Seahawks, but this game was a microcosm of our season..WRs getting no separation, Brees with a lack of accuracy on the road, and killer penalties from the O-Line (Grubbs and Evans are probowlers? That is hilarity)...Also Sean Payton called like 10 screens that all facepalmed ...

Had Mark $hitgram not fumble'd the ball we basically only let them score a true 7 points on us and we could have kept running it down their throats with our unquestionable new starting RB next season Khiry Robinson (since Mark will not be resigned)...

Well til next season when no doubt we'll have some faster WRs and a couple of new O-line man to make another run...The defense finally has enough talent to compete...

I predicted a 9-7 record when the season began so the Saints did overachieve so much based on what I thought, but a terrible loss at St. Louis basically sealed our fate as did the unexplainable loss to New England when we just gave that game away...

Back to the drawing board, it's been great....I'm down with Seattle now--hope they can do it...

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2014-01-12, 00:26   Link #8238
GDB

I like how you put no blame on the field goal kicker, who missed two field goals. Had even one of those hit, they wouldn't have likely tried that fancy final play, and just gone for the hail mary on the next play for the win. If both had hit, they'd have just set up another FG and won.

This is what happens when your coach gets pissy about an 80% field goal rate, you end up with a 15% after switching kickers at the end of the season.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 00:33   Link #8239
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I like how you put no blame on the field goal kicker, who missed two field goals. Had even one of those hit, they wouldn't have likely tried that fancy final play, and just gone for the hail mary on the next play for the win. If both had hit, they'd have just set up another FG and won.

This is what happens when your coach gets pissy about an 80% field goal rate, you end up with a 15% after switching kickers at the end of the season.
Football is a fluid game, if if was a fifth we'd all be drunk...No one knows how the complexion of the game would have changed had THIS or THAT happened...

The holder screwed the first kick up by not facing the strings out on the football...The second one he plain missed, but I blamed the O more for the penalty that wiped out the Kenny Stills first down pass...

It is what it is, to blame the kicker would be burying the lead...The offense, our vaunted top 5 forever offense just wasn't good when it counted on the road this entire season...
Old 2014-01-12, 01:00   Link #8240
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

lol Colts. I hope Luck keeps playing like this going into next season.

Tags
american football, sports