AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 2 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 6.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 6.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 6.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-20, 16:55   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
mmm Terra wasn't ripped in half with the pillar? Fucking I hope they delivered in the next arc.

Well, a reminder that all this people of the magic side if they aren't a Saint or versed in combat hand to hand job to 1 or 2 punches.

The power of Terra seems cool in paper but is pretty shit in practice. In battle with others magicians works well I bet.
Nah, he said it was incomplete so hence there are some weaknesses to it.

Aqua even mentioned he was using civilians to fine tune the spell.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 01:11   Link #22
Chosen_Hero

And just like that Mikoto overhears about Touma's amnesia and Acqua (Superman) of the back is introduced. Good things are coming.
Old 2018-10-21, 01:23   Link #23
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Terra is so wonderfully animated. I mean he was ass ugly even in the book but this is like a whole new level
Old 2018-10-21, 09:08   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol I don't even understand clearly what Terra power is and he already got demolished after 2 episodes? he is just have short screentime like Vento did
let's just say he could manipulate flour and air pressure but somehow could not kill anyone with his power
dammit Accel.. you interrupted an important plot progression about Touma's Imagine Breaker

so far, what I get is that Right Hand of God are the main villain.. Pope and Roman Church are only assisting them
Their goal is to become a higher being than angel, therefore they would use C document to do it and take down Academy City as part of their goal
how they achieve it is unclear... just their goal

I hate it when Accel just showed up nowhere.. we don't even know why he is there
Itsuwa is cute though.. she is easily waifu material

still not sure about what Tsuchimikado is.. he would show up.. then disappeared.. then show up again in another arc
While Misaka is starting to get involved in this whole deal...

Above God (Kami-Jou) is a bad pun though
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 11:16   Link #25
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
lol I don't even understand clearly what Terra power is and he already got demolished after 2 episodes? he is just have short screentime like Vento did
let's just say he could manipulate flour and air pressure but somehow could not kill anyone with his power
dammit Accel.. you interrupted an important plot progression about Touma's Imagine Breaker

so far, what I get is that Right Hand of God are the main villain.. Pope and Roman Church are only assisting them
Their goal is to become a higher being than angel, therefore they would use C document to do it and take down Academy City as part of their goal
how they achieve it is unclear... just their goal

I hate it when Accel just showed up nowhere.. we don't even know why he is there
Itsuwa is cute though.. she is easily waifu material

still not sure about what Tsuchimikado is.. he would show up.. then disappeared.. then show up again in another arc
Yes, their goal is to become La Persona Superiore a Dio (which in a weird way makes Touma a Jojo) or The One Above God. Let's just say that Terra is not the best representation of their group.

The C Document was just a fraction of the real plan, the only use it had was to turn the world (or at least the population of the world that followed catholicism) against Academy City so they had a reason to invade it.

Accelerator is there basically overseeing the operation and making sure the target was destroyed properly.

Tsuchimikado is a spy, besides, we'll get to spend some quality time with him and a few other characters soon enough.

Quote:
While Misaka is starting to get involved in this whole deal...
Old 2018-10-21, 17:44   Link #26
Frontier

Setting aside "Aqua of the Rear," I'm not sure how I feel about how they're translating Touma's catchphrase .
Old 2018-10-21, 20:47   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Yes, their goal is to become La Persona Superiore a Dio (which in a weird way makes Touma a Jojo) or The One Above God. Let's just say that Terra is not the best representation of their group.

The C Document was just a fraction of the real plan, the only use it had was to turn the world (or at least the population of the world that followed catholicism) against Academy City so they had a reason to invade it.

Accelerator is there basically overseeing the operation and making sure the target was destroyed properly.

Tsuchimikado is a spy, besides, we'll get to spend some quality time with him and a few other characters soon enough.

Thank you for the explanation

and I kinda like about how they involved Misaka in this whole deal
it's just like how they did it in several previous arcs
They connected a lot of universe in such a smooth way

Watching Railgun should give us an idea about there is no way Misaka would care about magic and church stuff since she basically deal with the dark side of academy city
same thing could be said about Accelerator

I'm looking forward at the future episodes

about Accel though, as far as I remember, he is deserted by Academy City since Level 6 plan failed.. then he joined Tsuchimikado's group so I thought he would appear to assist Tsuchimikado.. but he is actually stand on different side @___@
hopefully I could get my answer in upcoming episodes

just make this into 1-hour episode already every week
I felt like they left too many important stuffs
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 22:26   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Terra’s Power is basically rearranging the “priorities” of all things. So for a basic example is that normally flour cannot cut concrete because concrete is stronger than flour, so with his power he can make it so that flour has a higher “priority” than concrete and so that’s how flour can destroy concrete.

But because he can only do it for one object/material at a time, that same flour axe cannot cut humans without changing its current order.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 00:49   Link #29
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
"Rear" is also associated with the buttocks, which makes the choice awkward.
Maybe they are using military terms in which case "rear" is better than "back". Acqua has been a supporter and not an actual fighter so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_(military)
Old 2018-10-22, 03:17   Link #30
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

TL;DR…
heartbroken
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-10-22, 18:25   Link #31
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Setting aside "Aqua of the Rear," I'm not sure how I feel about how they're translating Touma's catchphrase .
same, had me scratching my head.

Why didn't Terra defend himself against the pillar crush, was it too fast?
Old 2018-10-22, 18:46   Link #32
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
same, had me scratching my head.

Why didn't Terra defend himself against the pillar crush, was it too fast?
Yeah, it was supposed to be too fast to dodge. That didn't really get shown properly.
Old 2018-10-23, 06:18   Link #33
LevelSeven

This adaptation is currently doing exactly what i thought it would do.
Fail.

Given how the previous two seasons had their book -> anime adaptations done, i didnt expect much from this season either, and i was right to do so.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 08:16   Link #34
Yan3242

Same, i cant grasp the feeling for this season, feels like something missing. Back in season 1 and 2, when things get real it feel amazing, this time it feel... flat.

And maybe just me but the audio/sfx when the flour hit touma and when touma hit terra is really bad, it didnt feel good at all, i cant describe it but it just the sfx didnt feel "right"
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 09:42   Link #35
SilverGlavenus

It's the rushed details, hard to understand explanations and cringe-worthy monologue that turned this season to ***
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 02:22   Link #36
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yeah, it was supposed to be too fast to dodge. That didn't really get shown properly.
He's faster than bullets but he can't dodge a punch or a falling pillar.

Makes sense.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-26, 02:45   Link #37
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Punch aside, In the novels Terra literally did not see it coming as Acqua is supposed to be an ally but essentially beheads him with the pillar at supersonic speed. Acqua can do this because he is a Saint like Kanzaki; saints are gifted with superhuman strength and speed that is faster than sound.

Also the punch was from Imagine Breaker so speed has nothing to do with it; it just wouldn't work.

As for the bullet, Terra saw it coming.
Old 2018-10-26, 03:02   Link #38
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
You guys just don't want to admit he has a great ass.
I'm... not... gay!!!

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote