AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 21:51   Link #1801
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I know the answer is probably somewhere in the 90 pages, but did Homura and Madoka just commit genocide on Incubator's species?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:13   Link #1802
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

thanks for explaining my question....

another fun things to be discussed is Madoka's statement before she's turning into Godoka in anime

I remember she said that she already saw so many stories... past, present, and even the future that haven't happened yet

which means, Madoka actually already know something like this would happen... she just let it happen for Homura's sake... let her selfishness to roam around for a while...
to see how Madoka would react, I demand Movie 4

well, there goes another speculation
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:43   Link #1803
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I remember she said that she already saw so many stories... past, present, and even the future that haven't happened yet
Urobuchi had her say that because it sounded cool. Don't read too much into it.
Quote:
which means, Madoka actually already know something like this would happen...
She didn't know shit.
Old 2014-04-05, 23:10   Link #1804
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Urobuchi had her say that because it sounded cool. Don't read too much into it.

She didn't know shit.
hmm?? really??

if it's only a bluff, then there is a huge plot-hole in Madoka... and it isn't Urobuchi style to leave something like that...
We could still believe that God-oka really have that kind of power, you know?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:16   Link #1805
Kazu-kun

Quote:
if it's only a bluff, then there is a huge plot-hole in Madoka... and it isn't Urobuchi style to leave something like that...
Actually, it's just like him not to care about those sort of things. Call it plothole if you want but at this point it doesn't matter anymore.

Quote:
We could still believe that God-oka really have that kind of power
Most people already realized Urobuchi just exaggerated in the tv series and shouldn't read too much into it. Only the most stubborn fans believe he cares enough about those details to keep things consistent. Truth is he doesn't give a damn.
Old 2014-04-05, 23:40   Link #1806
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I know the answer is probably somewhere in the 90 pages, but did Homura and Madoka just commit genocide on Incubator's species?
They're still around, she needs them to keep on doing their jobs. She just has absolute power over them now.

Quote:
hmm?? really??

We could still believe that God-oka really have that kind of power, you know?
Actually, you can only see what you can see. Ie, if she couldn't see something, she wouldn't know she couldn't see it. So she might have been able to see a set of futures, which she assumed means she sees all, but this could be something that was a complete blank to her.

Ie, Tachyons and Dr. Manhattan.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 23:54   Link #1807
Tranhieu

Quote:
thanks for explaining my question....

another fun things to be discussed is Madoka's statement before she's turning into Godoka in anime

which means, Madoka actually already know something like this would happen... she just let it happen for Homura's sake... let her selfishness to roam around for a while...
to see how Madoka would react, I demand Movie 4

well, there goes another speculation
She has seen many timelines, but that doesn't mean she has been through the one in the last movie.

If she actually knows about Homura's rebellion beforehand, that also means Homura's plan really falls apart in the end and Madoka finally regains her past self, the part that was taken by Homura in this sequel. Though I believe that isn't the case, and Homura really caught Madoka by surprise this time.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 03:14   Link #1808
Monoriu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Episode 8 pretty much established that they are unkillable.
Monoriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 03:31   Link #1809
Korbo

I love this movie and it's really much harder to understand than original series. I discussed it in different places a lot and there are still no consensus anywhere.

About kuybey's experiment: law of cycles has existed since ancient times for thousands years ago and they obviously must have tried to research it for sure, but probably failed. Homura was literally their only chance, as she is only one who can recreate Madoka.

About Madoka's omniscience: She lost her memories in experiment and Homura completely changed her mind there too. Madoka knew about kyubey's experiment, so she she took Sayaka and Nagisa with her, but she couldn't know, what will happen after.
Korbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 07:29   Link #1810
ScudFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbo View Post
I love this movie and it's really much harder to understand than original series. I discussed it in different places a lot and there are still no consensus anywhere.

About kuybey's experiment: law of cycles has existed since ancient times for thousands years ago and they obviously must have tried to research it for sure, but probably failed. Homura was literally their only chance, as she is only one who can recreate Madoka.

About Madoka's omniscience: She lost her memories in experiment and Homura completely changed her mind there too. Madoka knew about kyubey's experiment, so she she took Sayaka and Nagisa with her, but she couldn't know, what will happen after.
The law of cycle in this universe has existed for as long as the magical girl system since madoka's wish extended to every single magical girl. The QBs of course knew about the law of cycle but probably never looked too deeply into it until Homura openned her yap and let the cat out of the bag. With their curiosity piqued, the QBs decided to run an experiment on the person who seemed to have the greatest ties to this mysterious force thereby increasing the success rate of observing something useful. However, they probably could have done this to any magical girl and gotten the results the wanted. Instead, they had to pick the yandere one who would genocide them and rewrite the universe(again)if they ever threatened her madoka.

About madoka being omniscient; she isn't. If she was she would have seen this coming.
ScudFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 08:38   Link #1811
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudFace View Post
However, they probably could have done this to any magical girl and gotten the results the wanted.
Madoka could appear inside of Homura's barrier only because Homura knows her personally, so she could fit into her world. Otherwise it just won't happen.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 10:41   Link #1812
ScudFace

Ahh...you're right. Thats how homura's barrier worked. If this is true then all Homura needed to do to protect madoka from further QB interference is to sacrifice herself. There is no threat to madokami as long as the only person in the universe who has memories of madoka is dead.
I had assumed Homura decided to become a demon partly so she can keep the QBs under control.
ScudFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 15:38   Link #1813
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Madoka could appear inside of Homura's barrier only because Homura knows her personally, so she could fit into her world. Otherwise it just won't happen.
If I'm not mistaken this is set like that by QB himself. So if that wasn't an option, he would think of something else.

Quote:
There is no threat to madokami as long as the only person in the universe who has memories of madoka is dead.
It's not Homu's barrier but QB's barrier what blocked everything except what Homu's subconscious invited into. If QB can make his barrier work like that, they can also change it to work differently. To sum it up, they don't need Homura. They would eventually come up with something to make their plan work without her.

Quote:
I had assumed Homura decided to become a demon partly so she can keep the QBs under control.
And that assumption is most likely right.
Old 2014-04-06, 16:45   Link #1814
Korbo

Quote:
Quote:

And that assumption is most likely right.
She just said big "NO" to Madoka's sacrifice.
Finding excuses for Homura is the same as finding excuses for Hitler.
Old 2014-04-06, 16:55   Link #1815
Kazu-kun

Quote:
We're not talking about "excuses." We're talking about motivations. Homura didn't do what she did for the lulz. She had her reasons. Whether you think her actions are morally questionably is besides the point. We're just trying to understand why she did it.

BTW, Homura didn't kill anyone. She could have done it easily but she didn't. So that analogy of yours is not only pointless but also misguided.
Old 2014-04-06, 17:18   Link #1816
Dark Wing

Quote:
She just said big "NO" to Madoka's sacrifice.
Oh wow. I know I'm a little late to the party but aren't you going a bit far with comparison to Hitler?

That a side I can see why Homura turned out the way she did. The I see it she became a witch in human form. She follow her basic desires instead of logic. Homura wanted Modoka then anything else in the world so she took her.
Old 2014-04-06, 17:25   Link #1817
Korbo

Quote:
We're not talking about "excuses." We're talking about motivations. Homura didn't do what she did for the lulz. She had her reasons. Whether you think her actions are morally questionably is besides the point. We're just trying to understand why she did it.

BTW, Homura didn't kill anyone. She could have done it easily but she didn't. So that analogy of yours is not only pointless but also misguided.
She is demon, that represents AI (love). What could be her motivations? She hasn't even mentioned anything about saving, when she tore Madoka apart. So that's a pretty bad excuse, that some people are using for justifying Homura's actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Oh wow. I know I'm a little late to the party but aren't you going a bit far with comparison to Hitler?
Hitler is a joke compared to Homura, who broke heaven and rewrote the world to fulfill her own desires.
Old 2014-04-06, 17:29   Link #1818
Kazu-kun

Quote:
She is demon, that represents AI (love). What could be her motivations? She hasn't even mentioned anything
I wonder what could be her motivation. Love is the core of it, but it's not that simple. And you're still talking about "excuses" even though I said that wasn't the point. Are you projecting or something?
Old 2014-04-06, 17:31   Link #1819
Dark Wing

Quote:
She is demon, that represents AI (love). What could be her motivations? She hasn't even mentioned anything about saving, when she tore Madoka apart. So that's a pretty bad excuse, that some people are using for justifying Homura's actions.
Like I said she is no long the Homura we knew anymore. Thanks to the incubators meddling she has turned into some sort witch hybrid who seems only concerned with her personal desires.
Old 2014-04-06, 18:16   Link #1820
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
BD release got bonus original devil Homura's voices that were removed from premier.
She is really completely insane.
Homura is the new incubator , maybe worse than that shit.

I hope there will be a following to that movie

Wonder how they deal with that insanity
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka