The ending fight

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-21, 10:01   Link #203
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Ending
Spoiler:
I'm still wondering how he lost his powers in the first place. That was never explained.
Old 2004-03-21, 12:59   Link #204
Michipoo
And Tiger TOO!!

They never really said, but i think it's implied that he lost his powers when he damaged the inside of his body removing that tracking device.
Old 2004-03-21, 13:14   Link #205
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
Btw what happened to anita's girlfriends memory? did they fix it back?
Probably whatever that was "brainwashing" everyone got destroyed and everyone got their memories back... That *might* apply to Wendy too since her character change was kind of like those that were done to Anita's friends (and she seems to be back to normal now)
Old 2004-03-21, 13:30   Link #206
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
There probably only one thing that i really liked tho in the ending...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-21, 16:09   Link #207
Hello

I have to say the ending is a big dissapointment. I was hoping for a more action pack final, instead all we got is one short fight scene. However as a whole, I would say this is still an incredibly good series. I have a great time watching it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hello; 2004-03-21 at 16:21.
Old 2004-03-21, 16:37   Link #208
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello
It is pretty obvious from the quality of the animation that the current series is underfunded.
Get the DVD's, guys. The version shown on PPV (which is the one that gets fansubbed) is some sort of "beta" version of the series so a lot of the animation and background are some sort of placeholders. The version that gets shown on Fuji TV and the version that gets released on DVD look much better and quite a few scenes were completely reanimated. You can check out the comparisons (mostly for the PPV and TV versions--the DVD version uncensors a few things from the TV version so that one's even better) at http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp if you want to see just how much is changed.
Old 2004-03-21, 16:39   Link #209
chamelean75

I hate to say it but I highly doubt that there will be a sequel. Despite the questions left in the end, there doesn't seem to be enough to have a sequel. Animes such as Hikaru No Go and Shaman King and E's Otherwise have open endings but I don't see any sequel in site for them so I highly doubt one for ROD the TV.
Old 2004-03-22, 04:20   Link #210
Bindibadgi
We'll miss u Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Get the DVD's, guys. The version shown on PPV (which is the one that gets fansubbed) is some sort of "beta" version of the series so a lot of the animation and background are some sort of placeholders. The version that gets shown on Fuji TV and the version that gets released on DVD look much better and quite a few scenes were completely reanimated. You can check out the comparisons (mostly for the PPV and TV versions--the DVD version uncensors a few things from the TV version so that one's even better) at http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp if you want to see just how much is changed.
Ah, i always wondered why Fujitv was behind in showings. Good to know - hopefully the DVDs released in the summer will be the final, better quality ones
Old 2004-03-22, 11:05   Link #211
Shaheed79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
I hate to say it but I highly doubt that there will be a sequel. Despite the questions left in the end, there doesn't seem to be enough to have a sequel. Animes such as Hikaru No Go and Shaman King and E's Otherwise have open endings but I don't see any sequel in site for them so I highly doubt one for ROD the TV.
We obviously didn't watch the same ending because...
Spoiler:

I really liked the series but the first 14 episodes were the best parts of this series. As a whole I like s-CRY-ed a little better for feeling more complete. I was expecting something more epic than what was concluded.
Old 2004-03-22, 13:06   Link #212
Rebochan
Clubbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheed79
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I still liked the ending, nagging questions and all. I just don't think they needed a great big explosion and mega-fight scene to properly end the series. Much of ROD TV was a character drama, hence why reclaiming Junior wasn't about blowing things up, but Junior asserting himself.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-22, 22:04   Link #213
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheed79
Spoiler:
Another possiblity:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-28, 03:26   Link #214
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
agree on everything, the demonization of the west is pretty evident in the OVA too.. idiot american president etc etc. Although making it a british conquest for ruling the world is sort of strange since the british is still the west. The acceptance of the British Libraries plans by the govts all over the world is a little bit hard to swallow, it's unlikely that everyone except our little group of heroes would be the ones opposed to it. Other than that great story

btw I like yomiko more
LOL, don't feel too bad since they also sank Hongkong...Also Japanese Government itself portrait as quite week since they give up their territory to Joker pretty much without a fight.

Last edited by lavarock; 2004-03-28 at 05:02.
Old 2004-03-28, 04:34   Link #215
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol yup you could say that they demonized Chinese a lot too. In the end, China and US lose, everyone else win.

-_-b
Old 2004-06-11, 06:31   Link #216
lgmcben

R.O.D. TV question. (Huge spoiler!!!)

In eps 20, after the helicopter crashed, Anita return to the middle school she used to attend in early eps. When she met the girl "Hisami" again. Hisami said "Who are you?".

Can anyone explain this? About the three sisters, their memory in hongkong were fake. But everything that happened after they met Nenene is real, right?

Questions

1. So the first time they(3 sisters) actually met each other was when Nenene arrived Hongkong in episode 1?

2. Why Hisami don't know anita in eps 20? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2004-09-13, 20:49   Link #217
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I noticed no one answered you but I just saw RoD TV and I think I can answer you.

1) The 3 sisters meeting randomly and living together was a fake memory. They were PLACED there after Anita's clones failed to become as powerful and versatile as Yomiko. Maggie and Michelle were the only 2 left and the government forced them to live together. I don't know where their real memory starts but it's before they meet Nenene.

2) Hisa lived in part of that city that Joker remodeled using the information of the Gentleman Books. He wiped out all the book stores in that area and forced a reload of history in that area, very possible considering the power of the G-books. Hisa didn't remember Anita because Anita didn't exist for her, she wasn't part of that 'Alternate Plan' that Junior? showed joker. They wanted to see if they could control the population. Looked like it worked.
Old 2004-10-17, 19:16   Link #218
Sakuya
*Artist

It sounds so good from people's discussion. I'm still on episode 12 and have no access yet to episode 13. It's a pain to wait for the DVD release on October 26 which will probably have episodes 9 to 12. Or maybe they will add episode 13 just for the hell of it?

Does anyone know if Yomiko will actually fight intensely in this series? I managed to see episode 17 and she's in there but she didn't do anything. Also, did Nancy get a new voice actress? She sounds super feminine compared to her voice from the OVA. It's weird but it's good to see new and old faces together and it's getting so much more exciting. I can't wait!
Old 2004-10-18, 11:21   Link #219
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Yomiko does more fighting but if you are looking for pure action keep an eye on Anita.
I don't like the English VA of Nancy, I'll check to see who it is and if it is different from the movie.
Old 2004-10-19, 23:29   Link #220
LIQUIDCELL

ROD's one of my favorite!

Ep 14 sucks---its just info no action---
Everything starts to kick-in around ep 15 when they finaly found Yomiko and Nancy.... Ep 18 -Junior met his mom... cute scene where he pointed his gun at her ---- hehe

The ending was quite satisfying. Although, I would really love it if they continue and add another OVA series and focus more on Anita and Junior.....

Yeah, it would make a good fanfic....
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama